Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“High Speed Car Crash” 14:42 - May 16 with 1233 viewsHighjack

A bombshell report has been published revealing for the first time the shocking and unforeseen reasons for the Lib Dem’s shambolic result in the recent general election.

Who could have imagined that the strategy of marketing Jo Swinson as the next Prime Minister would be an unmitigated disaster? Well this report suggests it was. Shocking I know. We were all convinced she would be next PM so what went wrong?

The report also reveals that Jo Swinson was unpopular amongst the male demographic because of “misogyny and sexism coming into play” but she also saw support from women “fall significantly during the campaign”. I suppose one action to put in place going forward for the Lib Dem’s is to appeal more to men and women. I’m no political strategist by any means but I think this would be a beneficial move.

She also failed to target black and other minority ethnic groups according to the report, and targeted seats where the Lib Dem’s had no presence and no chance of winning based on the over optimism of flawed polls carried out by a Lib Dem activist and failed to do the work in her own constituency.

The anti brexit feeling was also grossly over estimated, and the policy of reversing brexit without a referendum appealed to hardly anybody.

I could have told you all this before the referendum. Why can’t highly paid political strategists and advisors not see this until it’s too late?

If anyone fancies a giggle here’s the link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lib-dem-general-election-campaign

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“High Speed Car Crash” on 14:52 - May 16 with 1209 viewswaynekerr55

She shares just as much blame as Corbyn for enabling this shìt show.

At least she's had the decency to stay out of the public eye.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

“High Speed Car Crash” on 14:58 - May 16 with 1181 viewsJoe_bradshaw

“High Speed Car Crash” on 14:52 - May 16 by waynekerr55

She's had no choice having been voted out of the public eye.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

“High Speed Car Crash” on 15:08 - May 16 with 1158 viewsHighjack

“High Speed Car Crash” on 14:52 - May 16 by waynekerr55

I’m not so sure of that. I think she’s more the victim of our ever increasing shift towards the “Vote to keep the other lot out” system. Although her campaign was a complete high speed car crash she was on a hiding to nothing from the start. It was labours dilly dallying on the most important issue of the day that handed Boris his majority.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

“High Speed Car Crash” on 15:10 - May 16 with 1155 viewsItchySphincter

Massive own goal by the Lib Dems. A very hard to like young woman with a penchant for lecturing and lack of self awareness. They could have done so much better with a more grown up anti-Brexit stance and a more likeable leader.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

“High Speed Car Crash” on 15:23 - May 16 with 1127 viewsHighjack

“High Speed Car Crash” on 15:10 - May 16 by ItchySphincter

Massive own goal by the Lib Dems. A very hard to like young woman with a penchant for lecturing and lack of self awareness. They could have done so much better with a more grown up anti-Brexit stance and a more likeable leader.

The problem they have is since Clegg left a big steaming turd on their doorstep there’s only ever about 10 of them to choose from.

“High Speed Car Crash” on 19:30 - May 16 with 1005 viewsmajorraglan

She and her team of advisors had a mare! The polls had Boris out in front and they still thought they could beat him, another 1 who I can recall being overjoyed at getting a GE voted through was the Labour MP Laura Pidcock, she was being interviewed on C4 and I can remember thinking to myself she’s out of touch and this is going to end badly. It did - her party lost and she lost her safe seat.

Team Boris played a blinder, they used his strengths and deliberately kept him away from opportunities to be scrutinised, Andrew Neill, hiding in a fridge etc. The result is history.
“High Speed Car Crash” on 19:47 - May 16 with 973 viewswaynekerr55

“High Speed Car Crash” on 15:08 - May 16 by Highjack

I’m not so sure of that. I think she’s more the victim of our ever increasing shift towards the “Vote to keep the other lot out” system. Although her campaign was a complete high speed car crash she was on a hiding to nothing from the start. It was labours dilly dallying on the most important issue of the day that handed Boris his majority.

That's a fair point too HJ.

It's high time our politics changes and cross party collaboration should be the name of the game. Instead those useless twàts walked straight into literally the only trap they could set them.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

“High Speed Car Crash” on 21:32 - May 16 with 885 viewsHighjack

“High Speed Car Crash” on 19:47 - May 16 by waynekerr55

That's a fair point too HJ.

It's high time our politics changes and cross party collaboration should be the name of the game. Instead those useless twàts walked straight into literally the only trap they could set them.

We see on here every election time; “I don’t like labour but if I don’t vote for them the Tories will get in” and vice versa. There are even websites set up to tell you who to vote for. Then you have the likes of Plaid Cymru standing aside in welsh seats which is absolute madness in my mind. But the stunning thing is there are people somewhere in these parties getting very well paid to come up with these ideas that are so ridiculously out of touch you almost start to feel they are a mole deliberately tanking the campaign.

Login to get fewer ads

“High Speed Car Crash” on 21:52 - May 16 with 862 viewsCatullus

A blind man in a dark room could see more clearly than many of our politicians. They stand out in the eun lecturing us, not listening to our concerns and then say things like 'we won the argument' after getting a good hiding.
They only listen to people like themselves who keep telling them what they want to hear, it's a massive echo chamber, UK politics and they need to change.

Hopefully Starmer, being an obviously bright fella, will change that.

Swinson

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024