Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 95804 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:21 - Jul 10 with 1983 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:07 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

Listen dumbo, repeat after me ... slowly ...

Independence ...... is ....... normal ......

The union is not normal. And its time is over.
A dead parrot union.
The young will pull it down like the statues that no longer are wanted.

Change is coming, Brexit has accelerated it.

Feck Johnson.

Actually political unions are very normal, if they are not normal why do you want to leave the UK union and sign up to the European union?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:41 - Jul 10 with 1974 viewsrockinjac

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:21 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Actually political unions are very normal, if they are not normal why do you want to leave the UK union and sign up to the European union?

It’s completely fcked up

They should be brexiteers
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:24 - Jul 10 with 1954 viewsexiledclaseboy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:58 - Jul 9 by rockinjac

You just cannot accept that people fundamentally disagree with devolution can you?

I've voted once in a WAG election. Once.

I voted UKIP because they advocated scrapping it. Yes fckin UKIP.

I can absolutely accept that there are those opposed to devolution on principle. I also fully accept that many if not most of those who rail against devolution most vocally wouldn't say a word if Wales didn't singularly and consistently fail to vote in the way you think it should. You're one of them, as is Dr W. If Wales regularly voted Tory we wouldn't hear a peep out of either of you about the principle of devolution.

Looking forward to the righteously offended denial.

Poll: Tory leader

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:40 - Jul 10 with 1915 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:41 - Jul 10 by rockinjac

It’s completely fcked up

They should be brexiteers

Big difference though.

Take your Brexit example.

Modern EU, little old Ireland front and central to all negotiations.

Dead UK, the democratically elected parliaments of both wales and scotland both deliberately ignored and excluded. It did not have to be like that.

The UK is based on false exceptionalism of Johnson and his public school mates, our ‘world class’ track and trace application is a perfect example. Its bullshit. UK has been dreadful on covid and Johnson calls it ‘Operation last gasp’, he is simply not fit to be PM.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:48 - Jul 10 with 1906 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:40 - Jul 10 by Kilkennyjack

Big difference though.

Dead UK, the democratically elected parliaments of both wales and scotland both deliberately ignored and excluded. It did not have to be like that.

The UK is based on false exceptionalism of Johnson and his public school mates, our ‘world class’ track and trace application is a perfect example. Its bullshit. UK has been dreadful on covid and Johnson calls it ‘Operation last gasp’, he is simply not fit to be PM.

We will never know how labour would have done

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:55 - Jul 10 with 1897 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 01:05 - Jul 10 by Ebo

The reason the M4 road won’t be built is because of the Gwent levels. There is no other way to build it other than destroying the Gwent levels.

In 10 years when the metro links are running and more people are using it rather than cars plus the surge of hybrid / electrical cars, pollution will be reduced, volumes of traffic too.

What is really needed is better transport infrastructure between north and south west.

Boris Johnson’s drum beating over this is to gain political advantage in the lead up to the Senedd elections. He had no intention of funding it.

Like I mentioned earlier on this thread - because a party you don’t like is in power doesn’t equal a failure of devolution.

Be glad we have devolution, because when the shit hits the fan next year we’ll need it more than ever. It’s not going away and neither will there be a vote to abolish it.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:34 - Jul 10 with 1857 viewsVincent_Vega

I said previously the road infrastructure in wales especially north south and south west/north west is diabolical. Rail services are no better. It needs billions in investment to bring it to 20th century standards let alone 21st. The m4 is beyond capacity at the infamous brynglas port talbot west, a48,a 40 etc. I know it feeds into carbon emissions increasing road capacity but these vehicles will be replaced in time by electric and hydrogen vehicles and the road network cannot cope. Much less the charging network. Rail network? Well try getting a train from Aberystwyth to Carmarthen.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:51 - Jul 11 with 1796 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:34 - Jul 10 by Vincent_Vega

I said previously the road infrastructure in wales especially north south and south west/north west is diabolical. Rail services are no better. It needs billions in investment to bring it to 20th century standards let alone 21st. The m4 is beyond capacity at the infamous brynglas port talbot west, a48,a 40 etc. I know it feeds into carbon emissions increasing road capacity but these vehicles will be replaced in time by electric and hydrogen vehicles and the road network cannot cope. Much less the charging network. Rail network? Well try getting a train from Aberystwyth to Carmarthen.

Are electric cars really the answer? Think of it, we all have electric cars and we all need to charge them, where is the extra electricity coming from? We need more power stations which in turn churn out more pollution. Or do we build millions more wind turbines, in doing so concreting over thousand of acres of green land?

The cure could turn pout to be as bad as the disease if we are not careful. Maybe more trains are the answer, electric trains and hugely improved public transort. Seems to me unless we ditch cars the problem won't go away. Of course not all of us can ditch cars because of the way the world has become so spread out, we need to go back to self contained communities where people lived and worked closer to home, every area had a school, good local shops. The way we have gone is causing many problems.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Jul 11 with 1768 viewsVincent_Vega

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:51 - Jul 11 by Catullus

Are electric cars really the answer? Think of it, we all have electric cars and we all need to charge them, where is the extra electricity coming from? We need more power stations which in turn churn out more pollution. Or do we build millions more wind turbines, in doing so concreting over thousand of acres of green land?

The cure could turn pout to be as bad as the disease if we are not careful. Maybe more trains are the answer, electric trains and hugely improved public transort. Seems to me unless we ditch cars the problem won't go away. Of course not all of us can ditch cars because of the way the world has become so spread out, we need to go back to self contained communities where people lived and worked closer to home, every area had a school, good local shops. The way we have gone is causing many problems.

Um as it stands no. I agree it just shifts the problem. The infrastructure is not there and I doubt it will ever be. The national grid is close to capacity now and electric cars will make it a lot worse. Also if every one changes to electric what will happen to all the old cars.i own an older diesel and it’ll be less harmful to the planet in its lifetime than an electric car makes getting made.

Unless there’s a massive culture change in the way we all travel we can’t even begin to solve the problem.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:59 - Jul 12 with 1712 viewsEbo

From the petition website

Boris Johnson has threatened to build a bypass over the Gwent Levels, even though the Welsh Parliament decided that the project should not go ahead.

Transport projects are devolved which means the UK Prime Minister is essentially threatening to tear up devolution, mandated by two successful referendums, in order to plough ahead with his destructive plans.

There is a Site of Special Scientific Interest in the Gwent Levels, which are home to an extraordinary breadth of wildlife. They must be protected.

The Welsh Parliament was the first in the world to declare a climate emergency in April 2019. The democratic decision of Wales to prioritise tackling climate change and preserving wildlife must be respected, not overturned by Westminster.

Solutions are certainly needed for the M4, but they should be attuned to Wales' strategic goal of lowering carbon emissions, which means we need policies that encourage fewer cars on the road and better public transport.

https://t.co/kB0POlmaKj?amp=1

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:06 - Jul 12 with 1704 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:59 - Jul 12 by Ebo

Boris Johnson has threatened to build a bypass over the Gwent Levels, even though the Welsh Parliament decided that the project should not go ahead.

Transport projects are devolved which means the UK Prime Minister is essentially threatening to tear up devolution, mandated by two successful referendums, in order to plough ahead with his destructive plans.

There is a Site of Special Scientific Interest in the Gwent Levels, which are home to an extraordinary breadth of wildlife. They must be protected.

The Welsh Parliament was the first in the world to declare a climate emergency in April 2019. The democratic decision of Wales to prioritise tackling climate change and preserving wildlife must be respected, not overturned by Westminster.

Solutions are certainly needed for the M4, but they should be attuned to Wales' strategic goal of lowering carbon emissions, which means we need policies that encourage fewer cars on the road and better public transport.

How do you reckon people should get from west of Newport to England without massive delays? You won’t get effective public transport, it doesn’t make money.
People need their own vehicles for most journeys along the M4, a new road needs to be built, end of!

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 01:05 - Jul 13 with 1666 viewsKerouac

Big difference though.

If Ireland is front and central to Brexit negotiations there will be a trade deal...but that is not the noise coming from the EU at the moment. It appears they are happy to throw little old Ireland's economy on the bonfire in order to mildly irritate the UK and grandstand to the likes of Greece and Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 06:53 - Jul 13 with 1620 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:51 - Jul 11 by Catullus

The trouble we dont have any electric trains in Wales. Have they switched on the power passed Bristol yet? Will they have to build more wind turbines to power an electric train network in Wales?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 06:58 - Jul 13 with 1620 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:07 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

Listen dumbo, repeat after me ... slowly ...

Independence ...... is ....... normal ......

The union is not normal. And its time is over.
A dead parrot union.
The young will pull it down like the statues that no longer are wanted.

Change is coming, Brexit has accelerated it.

Feck Johnson.

What happens when the four ancient kingdoms of Ireland demand independence but still agree to be ruled by the EU.
How can it be true independence to leave one country but be ruled by a far larger undemocratic empire.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:05 - Jul 13 with 1620 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 01:07 - Jul 10 by Ebo

The majority in Scotland now want Indy ref 2. English govt won’t allow it because they’ll get the result they don’t want.

They had an independence referendum in Scotland in the last 5 year. The SNP agreed to the terms and even drafted the question. The SNP agreed it would be a once in a generation vote, not an annual vote until they got the result they wanted.

It is a pity the Welsh people could not a once in a generation vote on abolishing the Welsh Assembly. All recent poles show support for abolishing the Welsh Assembly are growing.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:36 - Jul 13 with 1589 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:59 - Jul 12 by Ebo

I can't agree with Bojo saying that, let alone doing it but I have to take issue with your claim that devolution was mandayted by two succesful referendums. You have to face up to it, especially after what was said about Brexit, those referendums saw a minority of people vote for devolution. Devolution happened because that's how our democracy works, of the people who bother to vote, the majotiyy wins.

People are happy to accept a result when it's what they want,and even trumpet it and when they scream out for a vote on something else they never want to allow an option for the things they are dead against.
In all polls recently more people are in favour of scrapping devolution than choosing independence.

I read this today,

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/12/anne-applebaum-how-my-old-friends-

I found it interesting, I may even buy the book. She's right, I reckon, democracy is broken and it's not just down to the right or populism, the left contributed just as much. She says as much when she talks about Corbyn and anti Semitism.

The reason? As Applebaum points out, the dross has risen to the top because we live in a world where the gloriously self serving and greedy who feel entitled will support any cause that rewards them above their ability level as long as they are loyal.
It's just like that with the Tories, we have some awful ministers who are only there because they agree with anything and everything Bojo and Cummings say.
It was the same with Corbyn and Momentum, any dissenting voiuces were booted into the long grass and dross rose to high positions.
It seems to me the Welsh Government is quite the same.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 1550 viewsKerouac

Big difference though.

""Hopefully by the end of September or October to ensure we avoid the consequences of a no-deal trade Brexit which would be an enormous act of self-harm, but also an extraordinary failing of politics if we were, at the start of next year, trading on the basis of WTO regulations which would include tariffs on certain products."

- Ireland's Foreign Affairs Minister, Simon Coveney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Jul 13 with 1544 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:49 - Jul 13 by Kerouac

""Hopefully by the end of September or October to ensure we avoid the consequences of a no-deal trade Brexit which would be an enormous act of self-harm, but also an extraordinary failing of politics if we were, at the start of next year, trading on the basis of WTO regulations which would include tariffs on certain products."

- Ireland's Foreign Affairs Minister, Simon Coveney

Johnson has now moved the border to the Irish Sea.
The EU and the Republic have won the debate of not having the UK border on the island of Ireland.
Johnson said it was like 2 London boroughs, you might recall. Wrong.

Wales and Scotland both ignored by May and Johnson alike.
Zero recognition of their democratic mandates.

Of course its sensible to have a deal, its just that Johnson has promised his disaster capitalist mates a no deal brexit, and now he has to deliver it.
These are the same people that want to avoid the new EU tax regs and thats the real reason for Brexit.

Well done for agreeing with me, good man.

Project Fear is just about to get real ...

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:12 - Jul 14 with 1494 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

The EU and the Republic have won the debate of not having the UK border on the island of Ireland.

Of course its sensible to have a deal, its just that Johnson has promised his disaster capitalist mates a no deal brexit, and now he has to deliver it.
These are the same people that want to avoid the new EU tax regs and thats the real reason for Brexit.

I'll never understand it Kilk, this wanting indy fromthe UK only to sign up to an even less democratic union.
If/when we went indy and then eventually joined the EU, they would want us to be net contributors. We wouldn't get the cash support, what, some 600 million per year, forever. If we managed to meet the Copenhagen criteria it would probably mean us being net contributors from the start. Though how we become indy and meet the criteria is a big question because we'd have to borrow vast amounts to build up our infrastructure and so our structural deficit would be way too high, if they allowed us in on that, there'd be strict austerity (like they forced on Greece) and I don't see that going down well, it certainly didn't when the Tories imposed austerity. Maybe the anti Tories would accept it from the EU?

Honest question Kilk, if we left the EU but knew, somehow, that we wouldn't gain EU membership for at least 20 years, would you still want it?
Would you take indy in any circumstances?

PS Brexit didn't happen because Bojo made promises to mates. It has just as much to do with Camerons failings and lies as the lies the leave campaign told.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:04 - Jul 14 with 1467 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

The border will revert to Ni if the EU does not agree to a trade deal. We will leave on WTO terms and the withdrawal agreement is defunct. No £39 billion bribe to the EU either.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:21 - Jul 14 with 1468 viewsHighjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:36 - Jul 13 by Catullus

I can't agree with Bojo saying that, let alone doing it but I have to take issue with your claim that devolution was mandayted by two succesful referendums. You have to face up to it, especially after what was said about Brexit, those referendums saw a minority of people vote for devolution. Devolution happened because that's how our democracy works, of the people who bother to vote, the majotiyy wins.

People are happy to accept a result when it's what they want,and even trumpet it and when they scream out for a vote on something else they never want to allow an option for the things they are dead against.
In all polls recently more people are in favour of scrapping devolution than choosing independence.

I read this today,

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/12/anne-applebaum-how-my-old-friends-

I found it interesting, I may even buy the book. She's right, I reckon, democracy is broken and it's not just down to the right or populism, the left contributed just as much. She says as much when she talks about Corbyn and anti Semitism.

The reason? As Applebaum points out, the dross has risen to the top because we live in a world where the gloriously self serving and greedy who feel entitled will support any cause that rewards them above their ability level as long as they are loyal.
It's just like that with the Tories, we have some awful ministers who are only there because they agree with anything and everything Bojo and Cummings say.
It was the same with Corbyn and Momentum, any dissenting voiuces were booted into the long grass and dross rose to high positions.
It seems to me the Welsh Government is quite the same.

A big reason the dross rises to the top is almost entirely due to the selection process where someone’s son or mate gets the spot on the ballot list regardless of their ability or competence or beliefs. In Neath Port Talbot alone we have Neil Kinnock’s son and Ron Davies ex wife. Then you have the son of Tony Benn, the son of Rees Mogg, Churchill’s Grandson, numerous Johnson’s.

The nepotism across the board is clear and obvious. What chance does a regular person have of getting anywhere when there’s a never ending conveyor belt of people getting pushed through because of favours owed or who their father is?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:19 - Jul 14 with 1411 viewslondonlisa2001

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:04 - Jul 14 by felixstowe_jack

The border will revert to Ni if the EU does not agree to a trade deal. We will leave on WTO terms and the withdrawal agreement is defunct. No £39 billion bribe to the EU either.

No. It won’t.

Two different things entirely.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Jul 14 with 1397 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:19 - Jul 14 by londonlisa2001

No. It won’t.

Correct

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 1337 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:19 - Jul 14 by londonlisa2001

No. It won’t.

Yes it will they are linked . We leave on 31st December and the EU can't enforce it.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:40 - Jul 15 with 1336 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Jul 14 by Kilkennyjack

Correct

Wrong again wait and see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024