Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 94877 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:38 - Oct 6 with 1190 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh are tactile?Who says so.My father's all Welsh speaking Cardies were the most stiff ,insular ,loveless fekers you could ever have the misforune to meet.A family who despised each other and coverted whatever the others had.They were anything but poor ,by the way.

My wife's family the most friendly,hands on ,humble , helpful people-English too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 1175 viewstrampie

Oh dear.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 19:33]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:07 - Oct 6 with 1147 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54421242

The NHS under Drakeford
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Oct 6 with 1124 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:07 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

The NHS under Drakeford

There you go, they won’t accept it though

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:51 - Oct 6 with 1119 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

I wonder what the result would be should we be given a chance to disassemble corruption bay . IMO it would be gone

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Oct 6 with 1111 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:51 - Oct 6 by Boundy

I wonder what the result would be should we be given a chance to disassemble corruption bay . IMO it would be gone

The 2011 referendum was something like 2/3rds in favour for giving them more powers, which suggests the people liked devolution.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:36 - Oct 6 with 1105 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

A fella in that story been waiting 9 months, that's nothing!

I had been waiting over 15 months when I had my first postponment, tablets I was on having affected my liver.
As it stands now I have been waiting over 4 years since the Surgeon first told me I needed new hip.
What are people complaining about! 9 months pffft!

I need crutches to get around and I had to change the car for an automatic, fortunately it's my left hip. If it was my right I'd be screwed. Saying that, 4 years back he said the X rys showed my left hip wasn't far behind, they'd best put me on the list now

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:38 - Oct 6 with 1105 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Oct 6 by trampie

The 2011 referendum was something like 2/3rds in favour for giving them more powers, which suggests the people liked devolution.

Yes a suggestion but you forgot to add that only 46% could be bothered to respond and that was 9 years ago, another nine years have passed of mis management of our health care and school system, the basic requirements for a modern country .

A poll carried out in January this year showed that 24% of people would vote to get rid of the National Assembly for Wales There is a slight variation in support for abolishing the Assembly across Wales, according to the YouGov survey and in the 2016 election, ATWAP won more votes than the Liberal Democrats in two of the five regional lists
In South Wales Central, which includes Cardiff, it was 22%, compared to 27% in the North Wales region and in Mid and West Wales. I wonder why the that would be

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:52 - Oct 6 with 1101 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:38 - Oct 6 by Boundy

Yes a suggestion but you forgot to add that only 46% could be bothered to respond and that was 9 years ago, another nine years have passed of mis management of our health care and school system, the basic requirements for a modern country .

A poll carried out in January this year showed that 24% of people would vote to get rid of the National Assembly for Wales There is a slight variation in support for abolishing the Assembly across Wales, according to the YouGov survey and in the 2016 election, ATWAP won more votes than the Liberal Democrats in two of the five regional lists
In South Wales Central, which includes Cardiff, it was 22%, compared to 27% in the North Wales region and in Mid and West Wales. I wonder why the that would be

The thing is, devo supportes like to mention polls and previous votes but they don't want to give us another vote on devolution though many of them are europhiles and screamed for another brexit vote, the reality was devolution had a smaller winning margin than brexit.

I don't mind the devo/indy supporters but I would like some consistency, if the brexit vote was so close as to merit another vote then devo also qualifies.

I'm also all for having the indy debate and a vote as long as it also includes the option to scrap devolution, give us all the choices.

You might notice there's a few who only like democracy when it's giving them what they want.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:15 - Oct 6 with 1094 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Oct 6 by trampie

How have the last few polls gone?

Brexit- wrong
Trump- wrong
Tories- wrong

Bring it on, we will get rid of the hangers-on in the bay

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:33 - Oct 6 with 1089 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:52 - Oct 6 by Catullus

The thing is, devo supportes like to mention polls and previous votes but they don't want to give us another vote on devolution though many of them are europhiles and screamed for another brexit vote, the reality was devolution had a smaller winning margin than brexit.

I don't mind the devo/indy supporters but I would like some consistency, if the brexit vote was so close as to merit another vote then devo also qualifies.

I'm also all for having the indy debate and a vote as long as it also includes the option to scrap devolution, give us all the choices.

You might notice there's a few who only like democracy when it's giving them what they want.

I'm with you , I consider my self a proud Welshman then British in that order .Remember the wining margin for devolution was only by 6,721 votes out of a population of then of 2 and 3/4 million and in the time since its inception living standards have declined markedly more so then the rest of the UK
"Professor Roger Scully said: “This latest data strongly confirms the picture established in previous research: that devolution is the settled will of the Welsh people. But what we have been able to reveal is that we appear to have reached this point despite people being markedly unimpressed with the actual policy achievements of the last 20 years of devolved government" 20 years they've had and they're still bumbling along

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 1067 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:15 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

Brexit- wrong
Trump- wrong
Tories- wrong

Let’s hope it happens soon.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:12 - Oct 6 with 1060 viewstrampie

Would you want to get rid of Cardiff Bae Cat ?

I personally have never seen anyone say there should not be another referendum.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:09 - Oct 8 with 998 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:15 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

Brexit- wrong
Trump- wrong
Tories- wrong

Wait until 03rd November

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:40 - Oct 9 with 968 viewsBarrySwan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:07 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

The NHS under Drakeford

A bit worrying that this surgeon is so out of touch with reality.

5 years ago two of my elderly relatives living in Swansea had to dig into their meagre pensions pots for £10,000 each to go private for replacement hip operations after being put on NHS waiting lists then of over 3 years despite being in severe pain.

Good old Labour Party, always slagging off the sheer mention of private medicine but at the same time forcing those with the least, and in constant pain to dip into near non existent reserves to .....go private.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:23 - Oct 9 with 962 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:12 - Oct 6 by trampie

Would you want to get rid of Cardiff Bae Cat ?

I personally have never seen anyone say there should not be another referendum.

A couple of years back I would have been a definite for getting rid of the Senedd. Now I consider myself willing to be persuaded, still in the same camp, just closer to the exit.

Ask Kilkenny if there should be a referendum on reversing devolution!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:41 - Oct 9 with 956 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:33 - Oct 6 by Boundy

I'm with you , I consider my self a proud Welshman then British in that order .Remember the wining margin for devolution was only by 6,721 votes out of a population of then of 2 and 3/4 million and in the time since its inception living standards have declined markedly more so then the rest of the UK
"Professor Roger Scully said: “This latest data strongly confirms the picture established in previous research: that devolution is the settled will of the Welsh people. But what we have been able to reveal is that we appear to have reached this point despite people being markedly unimpressed with the actual policy achievements of the last 20 years of devolved government" 20 years they've had and they're still bumbling along

And that was on a turn out of 50% and welshmen living in the rest of the UK were not allowed to vote. Talk about fixing the ballot.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 954 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hear hear.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:46 - Oct 9 with 940 viewsBoundy

Pretty much sums up the last 20 years
@SuttonCardiff
·
1h
A wake-up call. Cardiff is the engine of commerce & creativity in the Welsh economy... the one true economic success story since devolution.

But it’s in the doldrums... retail, leisure, culture, offices. Leadership is desperately needed to revive it.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:01 - Oct 9 with 932 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:23 - Oct 9 by Catullus

A couple of years back I would have been a definite for getting rid of the Senedd. Now I consider myself willing to be persuaded, still in the same camp, just closer to the exit.

Ask Kilkenny if there should be a referendum on reversing devolution!

Why ask Kilkenny, do you think there should be one ?, referendums should be held when there is a lot of evidence to suggest there is enough support to warrant the time, effort and expense of holding it, so I'm all for a referendums but in this case at this point in time I don't think there is anywhere near enough support to merit holding a referendum on this topic at this point in time.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:05 - Oct 9 with 926 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:41 - Oct 9 by felixstowe_jack

And that was on a turn out of 50% and welshmen living in the rest of the UK were not allowed to vote. Talk about fixing the ballot.

And Englishmen living in Wales were allowed to vote and something like a quarter of the population in Wales was born in England, talk about skewing the result, it would not just have been a win for the home side it would have been a landslide win for the home side.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:15 - Oct 9 with 915 viewsonehunglow

Tramps.
I often wonder what would have happened to me had I stayed in Swansea .

You go where life takes you.I would have rathered stay in Swansea but it wasn't to be. England and the English have been good to me .

It' s a great country as is Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:17 - Oct 9 with 911 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:15 - Oct 9 by onehunglow

Tramps.
I often wonder what would have happened to me had I stayed in Swansea .

You go where life takes you.I would have rathered stay in Swansea but it wasn't to be. England and the English have been good to me .

It' s a great country as is Wales

It belongs to the Welsh mun, referred too in some quarters as the occupied territories.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:25 - Oct 9 with 903 viewsonehunglow

Where I live they havent quite got over losing Cheshire being taken over by the county of Merseyside.

There is much Welsh influence here ,tramps. Until recently a Welsh Chapel-Salem-in Birkenhead.

You'll know the Eisteddfodd has been held in Birkenhead .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Oct 9 with 893 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:17 - Oct 9 by trampie

It belongs to the Welsh mun, referred too in some quarters as the occupied territories.

Belongs to the Welsh you say. How many of us actually are Welsh? If Wales belongs solely to the Welsh then maybe all those Welsh people who left should be forced to come back? Maybe we should throw out all the other nationalities that have, over the years, helped to make Wales a great little place?

So how Welsh are we, actually?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47475486

I've already said I'd have the vote but, a vote that covers all of it, indy, reversing devo, get it all done for a generation so we can have stability.

Saying it belongs to the Welsh is, in my eyes, more backward looking than we shall ever need to be. I long for the day when we've done away with countries and there is only one nationality but I suspect the human race will be extinct first.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024