Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96003 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:19 - Oct 11 with 1378 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:15 - Oct 9 by onehunglow

Tramps.
I often wonder what would have happened to me had I stayed in Swansea .

You go where life takes you.I would have rathered stay in Swansea but it wasn't to be. England and the English have been good to me .

It' s a great country as is Wales

I would rather have stayed in Swansea too if I was you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:48 - Oct 11 with 1372 viewsBarrySwan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:05 - Oct 9 by trampie

And Englishmen living in Wales were allowed to vote and something like a quarter of the population in Wales was born in England, talk about skewing the result, it would not just have been a win for the home side it would have been a landslide win for the home side.

Presumably you advocate that all the Welsh people who have moved to jobs in England and elsewhere to pursue their promotion and other job ambitions or chosen lifestyles both within and outside national and international companies and organisations should have never been allowed to broaden their horizons and fortunes and should not have been allowed out of Wales.

As you keep whining about English people moving to Wales just as of course Welsh people move to England and elsewhere?

Presumably nobody would be able to move anywhere under the mad nat occupation philosophy.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Oct 11 with 1356 viewstrampie

Welsh people can move where they like but if they don't live in Wales then they should not expect a vote on Welsh matters.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 1348 viewsBarrySwan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Oct 11 by trampie

Welsh people can move where they like but if they don't live in Wales then they should not expect a vote on Welsh matters.

I was referring to your constant occupation references.

Do you think that all Welsh people have to remain in Wales forever as you appear to give the impression that you feel that all English people have to remain in England and none must ever be allowed to settle in Wales whether for work, life or any other reason?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 1335 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:13 - Oct 11 by BarrySwan

I was referring to your constant occupation references.

Do you think that all Welsh people have to remain in Wales forever as you appear to give the impression that you feel that all English people have to remain in England and none must ever be allowed to settle in Wales whether for work, life or any other reason?

If they settle here central Government have to take into consideration the demographics and pay more into the pot.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:20 - Oct 11 with 1328 viewsBarrySwan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:39 - Oct 11 by trampie

If they settle here central Government have to take into consideration the demographics and pay more into the pot.

They do.

Its called the Barnett Formula in which Wales gets more per head allocated than England.

But I guess you knew that but hoped that I wouldn't mention it if you didn't.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:36 - Oct 11 with 1316 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Oct 11 by trampie

That's the thing with democracy, it's the residents who get a vote. There are many nationalities living in countries they weren't born or brought up in but they qualify to vote. So thousands of non Welsh people who are resident in Wales who turn out to vote isn't skewing anything.

Saying Wales belongs to the Welsh (in a previous post) comes across as a bit xenophobic and parochial.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 1300 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:36 - Oct 11 by Catullus

That's the thing with democracy, it's the residents who get a vote. There are many nationalities living in countries they weren't born or brought up in but they qualify to vote. So thousands of non Welsh people who are resident in Wales who turn out to vote isn't skewing anything.

Saying Wales belongs to the Welsh (in a previous post) comes across as a bit xenophobic and parochial.

I didn't say Wales belonged to the Welsh as I was referring to England it's England that belongs to the Welsh, it's England that is the occupied territories not Wales, the forefathers of the Welsh had all of Britannia right up to the central belt of Scotland.

You are taking something tongue in cheek as gospel (I thought it was obvious saying modern England belongs to the Welsh was tongue in cheek but perhaps not, perhaps you think I think that, lol) I'm talking about England not Wales, I'm no doubt guilty of thinking that people know the history of these islands when in reality they don't, no offence meant of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:18 - Oct 11 with 1296 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:20 - Oct 11 by BarrySwan

They do.

Its called the Barnett Formula in which Wales gets more per head allocated than England.

But I guess you knew that but hoped that I wouldn't mention it if you didn't.

The Barnett formula does not take demographics into consideration, the age of the immigrants is crucial.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:01 - Oct 11 with 1276 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:15 - Oct 11 by trampie

I didn't say Wales belonged to the Welsh as I was referring to England it's England that belongs to the Welsh, it's England that is the occupied territories not Wales, the forefathers of the Welsh had all of Britannia right up to the central belt of Scotland.

You are taking something tongue in cheek as gospel (I thought it was obvious saying modern England belongs to the Welsh was tongue in cheek but perhaps not, perhaps you think I think that, lol) I'm talking about England not Wales, I'm no doubt guilty of thinking that people know the history of these islands when in reality they don't, no offence meant of course.

Oh I don't take offence unless the intention to offend is blatantly meant!

I know the history, I know Wales was much larger way back in the depths of time. Part of what I said was meant to be taken as there is no country in the world thta has a pure blood population. I'd add there is no country in the world whose borders haven't shifted with the sands of time.

People get wrapped up in nationalism and it only causes trouble, look at Brexit....wars all through time....

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:40 - Oct 11 with 1261 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:01 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Oh I don't take offence unless the intention to offend is blatantly meant!

I know the history, I know Wales was much larger way back in the depths of time. Part of what I said was meant to be taken as there is no country in the world thta has a pure blood population. I'd add there is no country in the world whose borders haven't shifted with the sands of time.

People get wrapped up in nationalism and it only causes trouble, look at Brexit....wars all through time....

The Scottish are Irish,
The Irish are Scottish,
The Welsh are English,
And the English are foreigners.

The various movements of people hey.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:09 - Oct 12 with 1234 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:18 - Oct 11 by trampie

The Barnett formula does not take demographics into consideration, the age of the immigrants is crucial.

No it just gives Wales and Scotland a large subsidy from the British taxpayers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:48 - Oct 12 with 1223 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:09 - Oct 12 by felixstowe_jack

No it just gives Wales and Scotland a large subsidy from the British taxpayers.

The idea of the formula was mainly based on population so Wales gets no more or no less than its entitled too but it does not take into consideration that large parts of Wales is rural (and therefore it costs more to provide services) and the population is old (care costs are high).
So Wales should get more money than it does get from central Government.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:54 - Oct 12 with 1215 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:48 - Oct 12 by trampie

The idea of the formula was mainly based on population so Wales gets no more or no less than its entitled too but it does not take into consideration that large parts of Wales is rural (and therefore it costs more to provide services) and the population is old (care costs are high).

Just why are do we have an aging population , is it because Wales is attracting the older element of society because they don't have to pay prescription costs or that we allow more of their assets to be kept which is all well and good but this then becomes a burden on the ever decreasing tax payers of Wales who has to supplement this brave new world . There's money to be made in care homes another non industry which Drakeford is keen to support. I wonder why he thought this was good idea when he said there would be "no value" in providing tests to everyone in care homes , would, it be because of the points I raised above, a never ending supply to burden more of our ever increasingly over stretched social services .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:16 - Oct 12 with 1208 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:54 - Oct 12 by Boundy

Just why are do we have an aging population , is it because Wales is attracting the older element of society because they don't have to pay prescription costs or that we allow more of their assets to be kept which is all well and good but this then becomes a burden on the ever decreasing tax payers of Wales who has to supplement this brave new world . There's money to be made in care homes another non industry which Drakeford is keen to support. I wonder why he thought this was good idea when he said there would be "no value" in providing tests to everyone in care homes , would, it be because of the points I raised above, a never ending supply to burden more of our ever increasingly over stretched social services .

English immigrants butt (a quarter of the Welsh population born in England) nearly always older people, I'm surrounded by them and have been for 20 years, they come here to retire, downsize, make a profit on property, want to live in a great country, escape from where they were living in England etc

It's why we need more coin from central Government.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:43 - Oct 12 with 1190 viewsBarrySwan

if it was based purely on population then every country would get the same per head wouldn't it?

Not much of a formula really?
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 15:46]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:39 - Oct 12 with 1179 viewstrampie

Indeed that is why I said mainly.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:22 - Oct 12 with 1152 viewsCatullus

Try wrapping your head around that,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula#:~:text=The%20Barnett%20formula%20

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:09 - Oct 12 with 1139 viewstrampie

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:22 - Oct 12 by Catullus

Try wrapping your head around that,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula#:~:text=The%20Barnett%20formula%20

I've seen it before, the guy that devised it says it was a "terrible mistake".
The House of Lords has said it's not fit for purpose.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:12 - Oct 13 with 1113 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Perhaps everyone in the UK should receive the same amount per head and let their Assembly spend it wisely. Equality for all. It is not as there are no deprived areas in England and certain regions like south west and east of England have a very high % of older people whom when they retire settle in these areas .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 1028 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It seems the welsh Assembly is becoming more unpopular. There has been a100% increase in petitions in the welsh Assembly petitions page usually disagreeing with decision taken by Assembly or lack of progress by the assembly.

The Assembly has now decided that the number of signatures for a petition to be debated should doubled.

Seems like the Assembly don't like the voters trying to guide them on what issues are important in Wales.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:52 - Nov 28 with 998 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:58 - Nov 28 by felixstowe_jack

It seems the welsh Assembly is becoming more unpopular. There has been a100% increase in petitions in the welsh Assembly petitions page usually disagreeing with decision taken by Assembly or lack of progress by the assembly.

The Assembly has now decided that the number of signatures for a petition to be debated should doubled.

Seems like the Assembly don't like the voters trying to guide them on what issues are important in Wales.

In my experience most politicians don't like their electorate trying to tell them what they want.

Tony Blair being a fine example, remember when he coined "Populism" as a bad thing? We can't have the plebs telling politicians what to do, it's not democratic old chum!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:16 - Nov 30 with 954 viewsAndy1300

Could someone please rationally explain the new restrictions and why they make sense.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:31 - Nov 30 with 936 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:16 - Nov 30 by Andy1300

Could someone please rationally explain the new restrictions and why they make sense.

After the failure of Drakeford and labour's two week lockdown now pubs will shut at 6pm. There are sure to be more restrictions from dithering Drakeford just as soon as he think up new ones that are not used in England .

Meanwhile in England as it enters its fourth week of lockdown infection rates continue to fall and tier systems will ibe in place when it ends.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:54 - Nov 30 with 927 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:52 - Nov 28 by Catullus

In my experience most politicians don't like their electorate trying to tell them what they want.

Tony Blair being a fine example, remember when he coined "Populism" as a bad thing? We can't have the plebs telling politicians what to do, it's not democratic old chum!

Indeed Madeline Moon the labour MP for Bridgend found out to her cost its not good going against what your constituents voted for.

Bridgend voted for BREXIT Moon was one of the MP's who tried everything to stop it going through parliament.

She is no longer the MP for Bridgend which voted Tory for the 1st time in a generation.

Hopefully dithering Drakeford will be given a bloody nose in the upcoming elections & we can then have a leader in Wales who we can be proud of & actually does what the people want.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024