Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 94879 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:48 - Dec 18 with 1571 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:52 - Dec 18 by swan65split

Worth every penny!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55349985

Drakeford will get over £150,000. Nicola sturgeon gets £157,000. Makes wonder why both get the same or in Nicola's cases than the UK prime minister for a population of 5% and 8% respectively of the UK population.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:25 - Dec 18 with 1556 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:48 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford will get over £150,000. Nicola sturgeon gets £157,000. Makes wonder why both get the same or in Nicola's cases than the UK prime minister for a population of 5% and 8% respectively of the UK population.

Haven’t the English MP’s pay rise been shelved this year?

They should take a long hard look at themselves if they accept a pay rise when thousands are losing their jobs, homes and businesses

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 1541 viewsCatullus

The chairperson of the remuneration committee is Peter Hain's wife. Take a look at these people,

https://www.remunerationboard.wales/board-members/

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:13 - Dec 18 with 1526 viewsBoundy

pigs to the trough
My council tax as others will raise by 5% that's just the start, my pay rise next year 0 %
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 16:14]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:28 - Dec 18 with 1489 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:13 - Dec 18 by Boundy

pigs to the trough
My council tax as others will raise by 5% that's just the start, my pay rise next year 0 %
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 16:14]

They announced it now because due to covid restrictions we cannot take to the streets in mass protest!

Somebodyshould start a petition!

Edit, here you go, somebody cleverer than I can start one,

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/new
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 20:34]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:33 - Dec 18 with 1493 viewsDr_Winston

The various devolved Governments have always been a job creation scheme for substandard politicians. You can see how bad things are in Westminster, and that's the highest level. Just imagine how piss poor the quality is in Edinburgh and Cardiff Bay.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:38 - Dec 18 with 1450 viewsSlugster664

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like the senedd are going to give themselves a 2.4% pay increase as a reward for their efforts controlling the virus.

This despite inflation being around 0.5%.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 13:44]

I'm sure if I performed as ineffectively as this lot I don't think I would be receiving an increase...underperforming, low-calibre 'MPs', yet there are people on here even, think they're doing a great job...you just can't make it up.

STID

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:41 - Dec 22 with 1361 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Today's figures

Cases per 100,000 for last 7 days.
Wales 647
England 304
NI 196
Scotland 116

Total cases per 100,000
Wales 3975
Ni 3300
England 3149
Scotland 2069

Total deaths per 100,000
Wales 130
England 120
Scotland 111
NI 82

Wales under Drakeford are performing worse in all three measures.

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:13 - Dec 24 with 1310 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford moaning about the trade deal already. Does he not know Wales voted to leave.
He said the UK would never get a trade deal no he is not happy that we have one.

I think he would have preferred a WTO deal so Welsh farmers would loose out and he could blame Westminster.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:21 - Dec 24 with 1293 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:13 - Dec 24 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford moaning about the trade deal already. Does he not know Wales voted to leave.
He said the UK would never get a trade deal no he is not happy that we have one.

I think he would have preferred a WTO deal so Welsh farmers would loose out and he could blame Westminster.

Looking at the WaGs drive towards rewilding large swathes of Wales and the impact that will have on farmers in the west of the country then what will we have left to trade . With proposals in the pipe line with the encouragement of many AMs the future of farming isn't the top of the list of priorities for the bay bunch
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 21:22]

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:38 - Dec 25 with 1211 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:21 - Dec 24 by Boundy

Looking at the WaGs drive towards rewilding large swathes of Wales and the impact that will have on farmers in the west of the country then what will we have left to trade . With proposals in the pipe line with the encouragement of many AMs the future of farming isn't the top of the list of priorities for the bay bunch

He won't be happy until most of Wales is living in mud huts and using bow and arrows to catch food.
Cardiff will become Mega city 1 and the rest of us will be left to live in the "cursed earth"

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:47 - Dec 25 with 1210 viewsmajorraglan

The rewilding of agriculture is much bigger than WAG, it's a broad theme of the Wstmnster Governments national agricultural policy.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:03 - Dec 26 with 1176 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:47 - Dec 25 by majorraglan

The rewilding of agriculture is much bigger than WAG, it's a broad theme of the Wstmnster Governments national agricultural policy.

Most of Wales is already wild!

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:15 - Dec 29 with 1106 viewsScotia

Add that to the "Green recovery" and the wellbeing of future generations act and we could all live like hobbit outside of Cardiff.

In principle it's a good idea but we can't turn the entire country in to some sort of commune.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 1065 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:15 - Dec 29 by Scotia

Add that to the "Green recovery" and the wellbeing of future generations act and we could all live like hobbit outside of Cardiff.

In principle it's a good idea but we can't turn the entire country in to some sort of commune.

Not sure its a good idea at all , we need to be self sufficient and turning over farm land etc for example to the introduce beavers to the rivers is going to help.(in areas of Scotland they've caused problems due to flooding of agricultural land ) They've thrown £3.4 million at the Summit to Sea project in order to maintain landscape sustainability which understandably the FUW are strongly opposed to .Farmers have enough problems these days without this .Maybe all this country is good for is tourism ,if so they we need to accept that part time seasonal work is the best we can offer the next generation .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 1042 viewskrunchykarrot

It was on May 18th that i posted and i hope everyone is still here participating in healthy debate, what i can say with confidence however is that my original statement is as true today as it was then.
People can witness there have been difficult decisions to have been taken and im glad I didnt have to preside over them. However i feel that playing top trumps with Westminster for no other reason than political posturing is proof that time is up for this second rate Assembly.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:58 - Jan 4 with 959 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Now that the Oxford vaccine has arrived it is time for Drakeford and Gething to get their act together and catch up with vaccinations in Wales which are lagging behind the vaccinations rates in the other three home countries.
Drakeford can't now use the excuse that he does not enough low temperature fridges.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:52 - Jan 4 with 942 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see Drakeford's labour party are planning to introduce new legislation to delay the senedd elections by 6 months. No doubt this is being done to improve labour's chances of being elected. They are hoping enough of the voters will forget Drakeford's disastrous handling of the coronavirus pandemic in Wales. Plus of course with a 6 month delay 15 and half year old children will be 16 by the time of the new election date.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:01 - Jan 4 with 904 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:52 - Jan 4 by felixstowe_jack

I see Drakeford's labour party are planning to introduce new legislation to delay the senedd elections by 6 months. No doubt this is being done to improve labour's chances of being elected. They are hoping enough of the voters will forget Drakeford's disastrous handling of the coronavirus pandemic in Wales. Plus of course with a 6 month delay 15 and half year old children will be 16 by the time of the new election date.

I see the delay as him getting a bit more rope, he'll have more than enough.

Shocking today wasn't it? All 4 governmental health advisors are saying we're at level 5 and still Drakeford won't commit to schools closing beyond the 18th, don't parents deserve a chance to plan?

Another bee in my bonnet, giving the first vaccinations to the elderly in care homes, should,'t the staff get it first and then other workers like teachers. Why are we giving the first jabs to the people least likely to spread it? Key workers should be first surely? That's NHS, police, carers and teachers

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 04:51 - Jan 5 with 885 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:01 - Jan 4 by Catullus

Shocking today wasn't it? All 4 governmental health advisors are saying we're at level 5 and still Drakeford won't commit to schools closing beyond the 18th, don't parents deserve a chance to plan?

Another bee in my bonnet, giving the first vaccinations to the elderly in care homes, should,'t the staff get it first and then other workers like teachers. Why are we giving the first jabs to the people least likely to spread it? Key workers should be first surely? That's NHS, police, carers and teachers

So keeping vulnerable old people safe is a waste of time ?
Grow up you idiot.

Of course they are a priority.
They will benefit the most.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 8:16]

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 04:54 - Jan 5 with 883 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:41 - Dec 22 by felixstowe_jack

Today's figures

Cases per 100,000 for last 7 days.
Wales 647
England 304
NI 196
Scotland 116

Total cases per 100,000
Wales 3975
Ni 3300
England 3149
Scotland 2069

Total deaths per 100,000
Wales 130
England 120
Scotland 111
NI 82

Wales under Drakeford are performing worse in all three measures.

Johnson has overseen 75,000 covid deaths.
Germany 35,000.

Something has gone badly wrong in the uk.

Thank God for the experts who produced the vaccine.
Yep, the people are not so fed up with experts now.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:24 - Jan 5 with 866 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 04:54 - Jan 5 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson has overseen 75,000 covid deaths.
Germany 35,000.

Something has gone badly wrong in the uk.

Thank God for the experts who produced the vaccine.
Yep, the people are not so fed up with experts now.

Glad you agree Drakeford has performed the worse of the four leaders.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:34 - Jan 5 with 851 viewsexhmrc1

Perhaps you ought to look at the figures as that may explain why Drakeford isnt committing beyond 18 Jan. Yesterday in Wales there were 1898 new cases. This is the 2nd lowest daily total since 5 December other than the days when lighthouse lab figures werent included so the rate is far lower than in England and has been dropping whilst England's is still rising. Yesterday there was nearly 20,000 more cases pro rata in England than in Wales.

The Welsh figures are dropping day as against the same day the previous week. In the 6 days to 23 Dec there was 16547. In the 6 days to yesterday there were 12785 a drop of almost a quarter. Lockdown should begin to work this week taking our figures lower. Who knows where our figures will be in 2 weeks time. It might well be the figures will be low enough to allow schools to open. It may not but making decisions now is not in the best interest of everyone.

Have a look at the differences between the 2 governments over exams. Wales acted decisively in cancelling exams as it was increasingly obvious it wasnt going to be a fair system this year. The UK government dithered only making a decision yesterday and creating uncertainty for students and parents.

The UK prime minister 6 times in an interview on Sunday claimed schools were safe and staying open. Yesterday after kids going back to school he announced last night schools were closing for 6 weeks. The UK governments inconsistency doesnt help anyone.

Wales announced a lockdown on 20 December to start immediately. Johnson didnt do so and the result is a sustained rise for some time longer than in Wales. Drakeford's policy working better than Johnson's.

As far as locking down care homes I agree with you. The first priority should have been vaccinating NHS staff first. They are in the front line and also it would prevent people going to hospital catching it. In fact, that is what has been done locally but many on here have been criticising them for doing so. The local health board had vaccinated nearly 6000 people by 27 December compared to 1 million in the UK. Swansea Bay has just under 1/8 of the Welsh population which in itself is 1/22 of the UK population so the Swansea Bay vaccination rate is 6000x8x22 which just over 1 million. The difference is Swansea Bay has vaccinated healthcare staff rather than patients first
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:09 - Jan 5 with 845 viewsBoundy

I agree , staff working in care homes should get it first , for some its a second job or as agency workers moving between different homes. My in law passed away in one and she hadn't gone out through the door in months, a staff member brought it in

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:27 - Jan 5 with 841 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see the three leaders in the devolved government and the UK government finally agreeing a national lockdown instead of seperate action. Also good to see the leader of the opposition agreeing it is the right course.

If we all work together and with the help of the vaccine we should get on top of the virus and back to some sort of normality.

Now is the time for the British people to stay home unless it is for exceptional and necessary reasons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024