Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96063 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:05 - Jun 19 with 2741 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The report into 36,000 corona virus deaths in UK hospitals was released today. A couple of interesting facts from it black deaths are the same as white deaths as a proportion of UK Population. This is despite claims by BLM that a higher number of black deaths are occurring because of institutional racism.

The worst hit Group are south east asians who are 25% more likely to die than the UK average. 40% of south east asians also had diabetes as opposed to 25% white people .

This would also explain the different death rates throughout the UK. Higher in North West, North East, Midlands and London which have a higher proportion of people with south East asians.

While areas such as Wales, Scotland, South West and South East, which have a lower proportion of South East Asians.

Wales population is 95% white as opposed to the UK average of 85%.

The science seems to prove those most at risk are South East asians with diabetes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:16 - Jun 19 with 2725 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:05 - Jun 19 by felixstowe_jack

The report into 36,000 corona virus deaths in UK hospitals was released today. A couple of interesting facts from it black deaths are the same as white deaths as a proportion of UK Population. This is despite claims by BLM that a higher number of black deaths are occurring because of institutional racism.

The worst hit Group are south east asians who are 25% more likely to die than the UK average. 40% of south east asians also had diabetes as opposed to 25% white people .

This would also explain the different death rates throughout the UK. Higher in North West, North East, Midlands and London which have a higher proportion of people with south East asians.

While areas such as Wales, Scotland, South West and South East, which have a lower proportion of South East Asians.

The science seems to prove those most at risk are South East asians with diabetes.

Wales also has a higher proportion of people whose illnesses put them in the shielding category. The incidence of things like Diabetes, Heart Failure and respiratory illness is greater in Wales than in England. On that basis you would expect the Welsh deaths to be at a higher rate than England.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:21 - Jun 19 with 2717 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:16 - Jun 19 by exhmrc1

Wales also has a higher proportion of people whose illnesses put them in the shielding category. The incidence of things like Diabetes, Heart Failure and respiratory illness is greater in Wales than in England. On that basis you would expect the Welsh deaths to be at a higher rate than England.

No Wales only has 1% of it's in the highest risk south east asian group.
The other factor was the virus entered the country via the major international airports like Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:38 - Jun 19 with 2701 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:21 - Jun 19 by felixstowe_jack

The other factor was the virus entered the country via the major international airports like Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester.

So in pictures for the hard of thinking, you know who you are ....

Drakers has done the business.
Who would have thought a Professor might just shade a lying hack in Westmonster...?

Annibyniaeth.

Cymru 0.5, London 0.9.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 10:39]

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:06 - Jun 19 with 2684 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:38 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

Who would have thought a Professor might just shade a lying hack in Westmonster...?

Annibyniaeth.

Cymru 0.5, London 0.9.

Just proves my point that the deaths in london are higher than Wales because the virus arrived in London much earlier than Wales and London population make up has a far higher % of the vulnerable members of the population.

In hindsight national lockdown was a week too late for London as the the virus was widespread in London and Wales benefited from the national lockdown before the virus had spread in Wsles.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:11 - Jun 19 with 2680 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:38 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

Annibyniaeth.

Cymru 0.5, London 0.9.

What medical qualifications does Drakers have then?

Maybe the R rate is higher in London because of the enormous difference in ethnic numbers? Wales is around 93% white whereas London is around 45% white. Ethnic groups are more likely to contract the virus and more likely to die than whites.

Of course Plaid didn't think Drakers had done so well,

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-06-03/covid-19-report-blasts-welsh-governmen

Accusing him, ironically, of listening too much to Westminster!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:47 - Jun 19 with 2660 viewsScotia

The margin of error in Kilkenny's R number is quite big - we could actually be the worst!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 11:48]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:59 - Jun 19 with 2650 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:20 - Jun 19 by exhmrc1

Rubbish lets take the most important one deaths.

The uk has had 42288 Wales 1471. The population of the UK is 66.4 million. Wales is 3.1 million. Doing a calculation using England's death rate 42288X3.1/66.4 Wales should have 1974 deaths so Wales has 503 deaths less than England on a proportional basis. It is even higher using the ONS figures for number of excess deaths.

Yesterday the death figure for Wales was 5 and the UK 135. The equivalent deaths yesterday using Wales figures was 105 for England.

Yesterday Wales had 48 new cases and England 1218. The English new cases based on the Welsh figure would have been 1028.

The figures yesterday show the start of the problems in 2 factories in Anglesey and Wrexham and will rise over the next week or so. Besides Anglesey, Wrexham and the Cardiff Bay area there were 17 new cases in Wales. 5 health boards in South Wales had 7 new cases between them. 4 counties in North Wales had 7 cases between them.1 was resident outside Wales and 2 the locations were unknown. There wasnt a new case between Pencoed and Pembroke. 10 counties didnt have any new cases. Flintshire, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Powys, Neath Port Talbot, Bridgend, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent and Caerphilly didnt have a single new case. Merthyr Tydfil Rhondda Cynon Taff, Monmouthsire and Denbighshire had 1 new case each and Cerdigion. Newport and Gwynedd had 2 cases each.

It's not rubbish. Deaths are obviously the most important number but Drakeford can't do anything to improve that except stop people contracting the virus in the first place.

I wouldn't start comparing figures especially with England, it's nowhere near a like for like.

For instance - did you know Wales only include Pillar 1 tests (NHS) in our figures. Scotland include both Pillar 1 and 2. Yesterday's pillar 1 and 2 positive tests:-
Scotland - 11
Wales - 72.

We have nearly half their population of similar demographic but nearly 7 times the rate of new infection.

If you want to look at deaths:-
Scotland - 2
Wales - 5

So don't worry at this rate of infection we'll soon catch up with deaths too.

There are pockets of infection in certain places of work - of course Mark Drakeford introduced legislation to stop this happening. Going well isn't it?

Anyway there is a seperate thread for this type of thing, this virus is just another thing we aren't handling well.
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:01 - Jun 19 with 2646 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:47 - Jun 19 by Scotia

The margin of error in Kilkenny's R number is quite big - we could actually be the worst!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 11:48]

I don't know if it's been changed recently but a week ago it was 0.7

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52574859

I can't find nything newer so is Kilk deliberately posting false info to make the WP look better? Or does he know something that hasn't been in the news yet?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 2646 viewsLeonWasGod

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:05 - Jun 19 by felixstowe_jack

Far too simplistic. You can't explain a pattern of infection/deaths by a single demographic characteristic. The impact of the virus depends on a complex interplay of a whole load of factors, of which ethinicity is but one. And it isn't anywhere near important as the response to limit the spread of the disease as shown by countless other countires worldwide who have done much better than the UK irrespective of the ethnicity makeup of their peoples.

If SE Asian heritage was the controlling factor you would have expected that region to be decimiate - but it hasn't been and quite the opposite. Eg Thailand who was the first country to report a case outside China, but responded hard and fast - https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/06/look-inside-thailand-prevente

All the countries who got a handle on Covid introduced strict measures to limit the spread of the disease, without exception. It's the standard, proven response to a pandemic. Our slightly longer and stricter lockdown in Wales will have helped, as too turning people around who were travelling to Wales from England. It won't have been as effective as a strict border closure, but was probably the next best thing allowable in our particular political climate.

All UK countries have done badly relatively to many other countries, as we're all closely tied in to the UK as a whole. Within the limitations that we've had to work I think teh WG has done a fairly decent job realtive to Westminster (as have all devolved regions). They've certainly been much more grown up in their approach compared to Westminster.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:17 - Jun 19 with 2634 viewsBillyChong

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:21 - Jun 19 by felixstowe_jack

The lack of control at those airports was criminal
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 2630 viewskrunchykarrot

Seriously, comparing death rates to make a point at the moment is futile according to the experts which im sure no one on here is. I think the Pandemic in the UK has been politicised to such a degree that you cannot have confidence in what you read or hear on the BBC for example. Using left or right wing views to bolster your argument is not going to change the facts.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:45 - Jun 19 with 2625 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:56 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, but not for the reason you think.

When the Welsh Govt was formed in 1997 then 49.70% voted against it.
You appear to be celebrating that figure now being 25%.

Whereas 25% came out for Indy Wales in same poll.
This is the highest figure ever recorded, up 4% from January.

This is a one way journey to national freedom.
Its driven by our young people.

You are going to be very upset within 10 years.

If its 10 years its so so bad I wont be far off retirement & my pension will go far further when I'm living in a 3rd world country.

Hopefully I will be able to help fund my kids to move out of a country which will have no means to support itself & rely on others to bail it out & continue their successful careers

On the other hand, I suspect a few Welsh national idiots will be harping on the same shite & the sensible people in Wales would of given full power back to Westminster.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:41 - Jun 19 with 2575 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:35 - Jun 19 by krunchykarrot

Seriously, comparing death rates to make a point at the moment is futile according to the experts which im sure no one on here is. I think the Pandemic in the UK has been politicised to such a degree that you cannot have confidence in what you read or hear on the BBC for example. Using left or right wing views to bolster your argument is not going to change the facts.

Political views dont matter. Facts are just that. There is clear evidence that the policy of the Wag is working irrespective of political views. Todays figure shows a new low of 31 new cases in Wales of which 16 are in Mid or South Wales that is an average of 1 per local authority. At one stage it was nearly 400 in a day. Any sensible individual can see the improvement. There are problems in Angelsey and Wrexham in 2 factories but the rest of Wales is clearly heading in the right direction and supports the Wag policy. Hopefully the keep local policy will bring the figures down to single figures in the next 2 weeks and stop the spread of the virus. Our 3 biggest towns or cities today had 1 new case between them. That for me is really good news irrespective of political leaning
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:16 - Jun 19 with 2565 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:41 - Jun 19 by exhmrc1

Political views dont matter. Facts are just that. There is clear evidence that the policy of the Wag is working irrespective of political views. Todays figure shows a new low of 31 new cases in Wales of which 16 are in Mid or South Wales that is an average of 1 per local authority. At one stage it was nearly 400 in a day. Any sensible individual can see the improvement. There are problems in Angelsey and Wrexham in 2 factories but the rest of Wales is clearly heading in the right direction and supports the Wag policy. Hopefully the keep local policy will bring the figures down to single figures in the next 2 weeks and stop the spread of the virus. Our 3 biggest towns or cities today had 1 new case between them. That for me is really good news irrespective of political leaning

It is 61 cases. Wales only release pillar 1 NHS testing, there were 30 positive tests in private labs. Scotland had a total of 27. There is very little recent improvement.

I have no political leaning and there was a slight improvement in Drakefords announcement today, at least he gave some targets to aim for. Once again following all the other leaders.

It is a bit bonkers though that I can go shopping to Fforestfach with thousands of others from Swansea on Monday but not go and sit in my mates garden in Mumbles for a cuppa because it is too far. There is no sense in that he just doesn't want to be seen to make a Boris style u turn.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:34 - Jun 19 with 2558 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:16 - Jun 19 by Scotia

It is 61 cases. Wales only release pillar 1 NHS testing, there were 30 positive tests in private labs. Scotland had a total of 27. There is very little recent improvement.

I have no political leaning and there was a slight improvement in Drakefords announcement today, at least he gave some targets to aim for. Once again following all the other leaders.

It is a bit bonkers though that I can go shopping to Fforestfach with thousands of others from Swansea on Monday but not go and sit in my mates garden in Mumbles for a cuppa because it is too far. There is no sense in that he just doesn't want to be seen to make a Boris style u turn.

The idea of the stay local is to prevent the virus spreading. The 5 mile thing has never been a strict rule. It is a rule of thumb as he said. The problem is that if you allow full movement like some of you want you run the risk of creating a further problem where there isnt one. Take Swansea not 1 case in the last 4 days. Suddenly you let people come from an infected area say in Anglesey not knowing they are infected and you have cases here again. Hopefully in 2 weeks the cases will be at or very close to Zero so the risk of spreading infection will be reduced.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:55 - Jun 19 with 2545 viewsBytholWyn

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:03 - Jun 19 by LeonWasGod

Far too simplistic. You can't explain a pattern of infection/deaths by a single demographic characteristic. The impact of the virus depends on a complex interplay of a whole load of factors, of which ethinicity is but one. And it isn't anywhere near important as the response to limit the spread of the disease as shown by countless other countires worldwide who have done much better than the UK irrespective of the ethnicity makeup of their peoples.

If SE Asian heritage was the controlling factor you would have expected that region to be decimiate - but it hasn't been and quite the opposite. Eg Thailand who was the first country to report a case outside China, but responded hard and fast - https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/06/look-inside-thailand-prevente

All the countries who got a handle on Covid introduced strict measures to limit the spread of the disease, without exception. It's the standard, proven response to a pandemic. Our slightly longer and stricter lockdown in Wales will have helped, as too turning people around who were travelling to Wales from England. It won't have been as effective as a strict border closure, but was probably the next best thing allowable in our particular political climate.

All UK countries have done badly relatively to many other countries, as we're all closely tied in to the UK as a whole. Within the limitations that we've had to work I think teh WG has done a fairly decent job realtive to Westminster (as have all devolved regions). They've certainly been much more grown up in their approach compared to Westminster.

Excellent, balanced post, which is some achievement on here.

I don't think there's been a huge difference between Wales and England when it comes to tackling coronavirus, but it's certainly helps that in Wales we've got a grown-up in charge, who had a command of detail.

If this sorry episode proves anything it's that the devolved administrations should be bolder in future, and be willing to take firmer action earlier, even if it goes against the UK government's approach.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:14 - Jun 19 with 2532 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:34 - Jun 19 by exhmrc1

The idea of the stay local is to prevent the virus spreading. The 5 mile thing has never been a strict rule. It is a rule of thumb as he said. The problem is that if you allow full movement like some of you want you run the risk of creating a further problem where there isnt one. Take Swansea not 1 case in the last 4 days. Suddenly you let people come from an infected area say in Anglesey not knowing they are infected and you have cases here again. Hopefully in 2 weeks the cases will be at or very close to Zero so the risk of spreading infection will be reduced.

I know that so why not let people in SW Wales, say from Porthcawl around to Aberystwyth and directly in land, move within that area. Easily as enforceable as the 5 mile rule. Drakeford had made up his mind it wasn't going to change, based on absolutely nothing, so it wasn't changed.

And why not have "social bubbles" in the same areas. We are the only part of the UK not able to stay with loved ones in some circumstances, I can understand it in North Wales, but not in Swansea. This makes lockdown very difficult for some people and again seems not to be based on anything other than Drakeford dragging everyone down to the level of the outbreak in the North even though it is a four hour cross country drive away.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 2531 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:31 - Jun 18 by Flashberryjack

While London-based journalists squabble about whether or not the UK Government has reached 200,000 tests on a particular day, it is clear that whichever way they are counted England now has one of the largest testing capacities in Europe. Wales, by comparison has stumbled from missed target to missed target, as of the end of last month carrying out fewer than 3,000 tests when the First Minister had set a target for 10,000. Guido has compiled a timeline of the whole debacle…

Early March: Welsh Government promises 6,000 tests by 1 April
21 March: Welsh Government promises to boost capacity to 9,000 tests per day
31 March: Welsh Government has capacity to deliver 800 tests.
Early April: Welsh Government promises 5,000 tests a day by mid-April
15 April: Welsh Government has capacity to deliver 1,300 tests.
15 April: 5,000 test target scrapped.
1 May: Wales conducts 1,090 tests. England conducts 122,000.
17 May: Welsh Government sets new target of 10,000 tests by the end of May
31 May: Welsh Government carries out 2,945 tests.
A leaked report has stated that Wales would need to ramp up testing to 36,000 per day in order to track and trace infections, yet they are running at just 10% of that number. Yesterday Guido reported that the Welsh First Minister has not been meeting the Prime Minister. If lessons from England were learnt, there would be less of a mess in Wales…

By the mere mention of the word 'Guido' your whole post becomes totally irrelevant.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:20 - Jun 19 with 2526 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:42 - Jun 19 by pencoedjack

Excellent news.

Really? This flew by your empty head then?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/quarter-voters-wales-now-favour-1837

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:25 - Jun 19 with 2521 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:45 - Jun 19 by pencoedjack

If its 10 years its so so bad I wont be far off retirement & my pension will go far further when I'm living in a 3rd world country.

Hopefully I will be able to help fund my kids to move out of a country which will have no means to support itself & rely on others to bail it out & continue their successful careers

On the other hand, I suspect a few Welsh national idiots will be harping on the same shite & the sensible people in Wales would of given full power back to Westminster.

Feel free to ferk off then. You are clearly no Welshman.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:32 - Jun 19 with 2514 viewsHighjack

I think this whole pandemic has been good for the welsh government. It’s the first time probably since it’s inception that it’s been front and centre. It’s always been content to just operate in the background, not really stick their head above the parapet. More people are now aware that they exist, more aware of who some of the players are and also the fact that it is the welsh government and not Westminster that is in charge of setting rules on certain issues.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:48 - Jun 19 with 2499 viewskrunchykarrot

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:34 - Jun 19 by exhmrc1

You have foreign drivers delivering to companies and factories all over Wales on a Daily basis. You can travel to Work from any distance, another few weeks and people wont have jobs to go back to. I have worked all of the way through with colleagues from a 50 mile radius.

On a separate note just bumped into a mate who is a teacher, basically he doesn't want the schools to open as he's on full pay works 1 day a week and is tutoring 4hrs a day.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:54 - Jun 19 with 2493 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:25 - Jun 19 by Ebo

Feel free to ferk off then. You are clearly no Welshman.

I am a very proud Welshman just not deluded enough to believe we are better off being out of the union.

The irony of Welsh nationalists spewing their shite on a football teams forum who play in the English system is laughable.

GSTQ
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 2484 viewskrunchykarrot

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:54 - Jun 19 by pencoedjack

I am a very proud Welshman just not deluded enough to believe we are better off being out of the union.

The irony of Welsh nationalists spewing their shite on a football teams forum who play in the English system is laughable.

GSTQ

Completely agree with you. Leave the deluded defend our useless Welsh Parliament, standards are plummeting across all of our public services. The one question the Nationalists never answer is how they will raise the money to become a functioning democracy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024