Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 94673 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:07 - Jan 15 with 1418 viewsfelixstowe_jack

First doses administered yesterday
England 274,793
Wales 13,402
Ni 11,996
Scotland 0 (suspect a data error)

Second doses administered yesterday
England 4,900
NI 254
Scotland 141
Wales 8

Vacination rate as % of population
NI 6.06
England 4.92
UK average 4.77
Scotland 4.12
Wales 4.01

Total first doses administered 3,234,946
Total second doses administered 443,234

Total doses administered 3,681,180

From PHW
Doses delivered to Wales 327,00
Doses administered 126,000

200,000 doses not administered yet which as yesterday's rate of administration is enough for 14 to 15 days.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 03:30 - Jan 16 with 1361 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakefords lockdown is working. Dal ati.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:25 - Jan 16 with 1321 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:07 - Jan 15 by felixstowe_jack

England 274,793
Wales 13,402
Ni 11,996
Scotland 0 (suspect a data error)

England 4,900
NI 254
Scotland 141
Wales 8

Vacination rate as % of population
NI 6.06
England 4.92
UK average 4.77
Scotland 4.12
Wales 4.01

Total first doses administered 3,234,946
Total second doses administered 443,234

Total doses administered 3,681,180

From PHW
Doses delivered to Wales 327,00
Doses administered 126,000

200,000 doses not administered yet which as yesterday's rate of administration is enough for 14 to 15 days.

Let’s be brutally honest here OUR government in Westminster should look at give our next quota of the vaccine to countries that can save lives.

If we have 200k of vaccine unused & the likes of NI are able to roll out faster we should save lives in those countries.

Arlene Foster obviously is doing a far better job than dithering Drakeford & gormless Gething.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:28 - Jan 16 with 1308 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:25 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

Let’s be brutally honest here OUR government in Westminster should look at give our next quota of the vaccine to countries that can save lives.

If we have 200k of vaccine unused & the likes of NI are able to roll out faster we should save lives in those countries.

Arlene Foster obviously is doing a far better job than dithering Drakeford & gormless Gething.

Wales did not vote for Johnson. Thats obvious.

Working together to achieve the best outcomes possible for the people of Wales might be better then the nonsense you have posted.
This is too important.

Looking the childish name calling. Grow up mun.

That said, if you provided overall uk government funding on the basis of need and desired outcomes, then our Welsh government would have much more money to spend every year. A good thing. Levelling up.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 9:31]

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:40 - Jan 16 with 1284 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:28 - Jan 16 by Kilkennyjack

Working together to achieve the best outcomes possible for the people of Wales might be better then the nonsense you have posted.
This is too important.

That said, if you provided overall uk government funding on the basis of need and desired outcomes, then our Welsh government would have much more money to spend every year. A good thing. Levelling up.

Wales already gets more funding than England as does NI and Scotland as you well know under the Barnett formula. The trouble is after 20 of the labour run Welsh Assembly this extra funding has been wasted and poverty in Wales has increased. Why should the failing Welsh government be rewarded. Time for Drakeford and Vaughan guessing to start using the 200,000 unused vaccines in Wales and start to save extra lives.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:55 - Jan 16 with 1252 viewspencoedjack

This is too important.

Bridgend as many other parts of Wales voted conservative in the last general election ... That's a fact

21% voted Tory in the last Welsh referendum, I have no doubt that will increase in the upcoming election even with Drakeford giving 16 year old like yourself the chance to vote.

If Plaid were clever they would steer away from devolution & probably do very well in the upcoming elections, I have little doubt they would also spread funding around Wales more fairly than the chimps currently running the WA.

Grown ups realise that things like a relief road to encourage business into Wales is a must unfortunately we have idiots believing Wales will prosper from the rain & wind & returning to be governed by Europe (which will never happen).
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:16 - Jan 16 with 1253 viewsCatullus

This is too important.

You want to talk about levelling up, ask Drakeford why Cardiff continues to get more funding than is fair, compared to the rest of Wales.

I'm sure there are mnay people in areas of England asking why Wales gets more per head from Westminster than they do, that's every area outside London so over 40 million people.

Now desired outcomes, we want ALL of Wales to be improved, not just the South East corner. That's mostly outside Bojo's control as whatever happens the Senedd will decide where the money is spent, Drakeford made that very clear, he wouldn't accept any extra money if it came with conditions. So Bojo could tripple Welsh money and it wouldn't matter unless the Senedd changed tack.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 1207 viewsfelixstowe_jack

England 274,793
NI 11,886
Scotland 0
Wales 0

No figure from Wales today . Not sure if civil servants in the Welsh assembly work on Saturdays to collect the data.

England 3,817
Ni 210
Scotland 0
Wales 0

% population vaccinated
NI 6.24%
England 5.49%
Scotland 4.12%
Wales 4.01%

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 1181 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:19 - Jan 16 by felixstowe_jack

England 274,793
NI 11,886
Scotland 0
Wales 0

No figure from Wales today . Not sure if civil servants in the Welsh assembly work on Saturdays to collect the data.

England 3,817
Ni 210
Scotland 0
Wales 0

% population vaccinated
NI 6.24%
England 5.49%
Scotland 4.12%
Wales 4.01%

Would it not be possible to open centres 24/7 to give people the jab?

Do the Welsh government not have any urgency to get Wales moving again?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 1181 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:19 - Jan 16 by felixstowe_jack

England 274,793
NI 11,886
Scotland 0
Wales 0

England 3,817
Ni 210
Scotland 0
Wales 0

% population vaccinated
NI 6.24%
England 5.49%
Scotland 4.12%
Wales 4.01%

I was looking for Welsh data yesterday and read that there will be no updates on Saturday or Sunday. Monday’s figures should include three days.

Not helpful.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 1159 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:08 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

I was looking for Welsh data yesterday and read that there will be no updates on Saturday or Sunday. Monday’s figures should include three days.

Not helpful.

Not helpful it’s fuking criminal
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:18 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:08 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Not helpful.

Well it had better be good.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:50 - Jan 16 with 1141 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:18 - Jan 16 by Whiterockin

Well it had better be good.

When you have local surgeries closing 3 days out of 7 in normal circumstances then I can't see them opening up any more than they already do. We must protect the NHS , (surgeries really)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 1139 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:50 - Jan 16 by Boundy

When you have local surgeries closing 3 days out of 7 in normal circumstances then I can't see them opening up any more than they already do. We must protect the NHS , (surgeries really)

Most surgeries will run special sessions. Killay ran a Saturday session last week and my brother in law is going next Saturday for his in Clydach. This is how flu vaccines are rolled out also.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:21 - Jan 16 with 1109 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:53 - Jan 16 by exhmrc1

Most surgeries will run special sessions. Killay ran a Saturday session last week and my brother in law is going next Saturday for his in Clydach. This is how flu vaccines are rolled out also.

Special sessions? Open on a Saturday?

They should be open 24|7 until every last bit of vaccine is in people’s arm & moaning they don’t have enough vaccine to inject, never mind having 200k sat doing nothing.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:35 - Jan 16 with 1109 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:21 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

Special sessions? Open on a Saturday?

They should be open 24|7 until every last bit of vaccine is in people’s arm & moaning they don’t have enough vaccine to inject, never mind having 200k sat doing nothing.

Totally agree with you, they should be extending the opening hours we’ll in to the evening and working 7 days a week to get this done. There’s are potential issues which need to be overcome, such as contracts of employment where people can’t be forced to work outside certain parameters, extra costs will be incurred so money has to be made available but it needs to be sorted.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 1086 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:35 - Jan 16 by majorraglan

Totally agree with you, they should be extending the opening hours we’ll in to the evening and working 7 days a week to get this done. There’s are potential issues which need to be overcome, such as contracts of employment where people can’t be forced to work outside certain parameters, extra costs will be incurred so money has to be made available but it needs to be sorted.

I think the amount currently being lost to the Welsh economy will supersede any additional pay.

Hopefully some of 10% sick who work for the NHS will be back in work now they have had their jabs.

As they are busier than they ever have been with over 10% on the sick makes you wonder what they do in normal times (I exclude ICU & respiratory nurses in that statement)
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 1083 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:35 - Jan 16 by majorraglan

i doubt they will open surgeries late. The vaccination centres are already open late and 7 days a week. Surgeries will run Saturday clinics like they do already for flu jabs.

The health board, which covers Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, aims to eventually vaccinate 3,200 to 3,300 people per day seven days a week, depending on supplies and numbers of staff to deliver the injections.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:54 - Jan 16 with 1082 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:57 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

I think the amount currently being lost to the Welsh economy will supersede any additional pay.

Hopefully some of 10% sick who work for the NHS will be back in work now they have had their jabs.

As they are busier than they ever have been with over 10% on the sick makes you wonder what they do in normal times (I exclude ICU & respiratory nurses in that statement)

The amount being lost to the Welsh economy will supersede the additional payments, but the extra funds would probably have to come from Westminster as the WG don’t have the ability to raise significant funds to pay for it.

Down our way, in normal times they run outpatients clinics etc, but at the moment they have been reduced to the bare minimum and outpatient staff are being redeployed to over areas, for example to cover the staff who are on sick or self isolating after being exposed to a covid.

I know someone who works in a hospital, they were potentially exposed to Covid and have had to self isolate for almost 20 days since the end of November re potential exposure before they eventually caught it at the end of December and had to go off work again. Standard Clinical Wards have been converted to Covid Wards where the level of care required can be a lot more intense. The requirement to change clothing, barrier nurse, see people dyeing etc makes it even more demanding. Stress levels are normally high at the best of times, budgets are tight and staffing levels are minimal.
Maybe we’ll get back to outpatients appointments and non covid work when we are the other sid f this.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 23:19]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:55 - Jan 16 with 1065 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:57 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

As an HCA said on Qt Thursday, they have to cover extra beds when short staffed which means the level of care is poorer.

People off sick can't go back to work until they are well again, regardless of jabs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:03 - Jan 16 with 1053 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:55 - Jan 16 by Catullus

As an HCA said on Qt Thursday, they have to cover extra beds when short staffed which means the level of care is poorer.

People off sick can't go back to work until they are well again, regardless of jabs.

Good effort by PHS. They vaccinated 5000, NHS and health care workers at a mass vaccination centre, plus another 2700 health care workers at other sites all with the Pfizer vaccine. Wonder if Drakeford uses that as an example of what can be done with a bit of planning.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 1013 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:50 - Jan 16 by exhmrc1

i doubt they will open surgeries late. The vaccination centres are already open late and 7 days a week. Surgeries will run Saturday clinics like they do already for flu jabs.

The health board, which covers Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, aims to eventually vaccinate 3,200 to 3,300 people per day seven days a week, depending on supplies and numbers of staff to deliver the injections.

I'm afraid to say on the east side there's very few surgeries open on a Saturday and that includes for the flu vaccination , aim and outcome are not mutually exclusive to each other. We'll see

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:56 - Jan 17 with 980 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:56 - Jan 17 by Boundy

I'm afraid to say on the east side there's very few surgeries open on a Saturday and that includes for the flu vaccination , aim and outcome are not mutually exclusive to each other. We'll see

I can only go on personal experience. I know Killay ran a clinic last Saturday and Clydach are running one next Saturday. Those are definite. In the years I lived in Dunvant Killay have given flu jabs on Saturdays. There were several between September and October. My sister had hers on a Saturday in Clydach this year. I had mine on a special Thursday session in Pontardawe this year at the Rugby Club. I wouldnt be surprised if they do that in the next few weeks for covid jabs. These surgeries are much bigger than Harbourside or SA1.

Once the over 80s are vaccinated most people will be able to get to the vaccination centres and the plan is for these to run 7 days a week.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:35 - Jan 17 with 952 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Vaccination rates

First dose
NI 7.44%
England 5.98%

Second dose
NI 1.07%
England 0.76%

Wales and Scotland do not provide figures on Saturday and Sunday.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:47 - Jan 17 with 924 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:50 - Jan 16 by exhmrc1

I'm driving my father-in-law to Bronllys hospital Powys for his vaccination on thursday.

His appointment is for 7:00 pm.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024