Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96010 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 1034 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:58 - Jan 18 by onehunglow

The bottom line is that both Drakeford,Johnson and all the others are flying by the eat of their pants as none of them has faced this like before.Nobody has.

Politicans of all hues have a template and when that breaks ,they seem donald ducked.

There is no template to deal with this virus and we are all learning as we go along. It is smarter and more ruthless than we are,for sure.

There are systems in place , its not rocket science , the logistics are available , the vaccines are available and pandemics are not a new phenomenon, they're existed for decades. The preparation for the roll out should have been planned for well in advance and yet we're still behind and to be told its not a race or that staff cannot be seen to be hanging around is not acceptable

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 1025 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:12 - Jan 18 by felixstowe_jack

Astonishing statement today defending Wales very slow roll out of the vaccine. He blames a lack of supply, this despite the fact that Wales has only used 88,000 out 327,000 doses supplied. He also says he does not want the people who are administering the vaccine to be sitting around with nothing to do. I think the extra 239,00 who could be vaccinated would love to have the vaccine so they could sit around without the worry.
About time the 60 senedd members demanded he get the vaccine out now.

Another bizarre statement he made was that Wales was only marginally behind the UK and that is not important. Wales is 50% behind the UK average and 90% behind the NI average. That is disastrous not marginal.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:17]

Northern Ireland is smaller than us but also has isolated communities yet they are doing far more than us.

Maybe it's because the NI government actually cares more about lives than appearances or ideology...or blaming Westminster?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:48 - Jan 18 with 1011 viewsonehunglow

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:41 - Jan 18 by Catullus

Northern Ireland is smaller than us but also has isolated communities yet they are doing far more than us.

Maybe it's because the NI government actually cares more about lives than appearances or ideology...or blaming Westminster?

Or is it some would rather blame the Tories for it all.

It is important for many in Wale to keep the hatred of the Tories and to pass it on through generations. It s why the country is "backward" ,as are many areas who are stuck in class war.

This country should but cannot unite and that is the real issue

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:51 - Jan 18 with 1003 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:41 - Jan 18 by Catullus

We are not miles behind. We are very slightly behind Scotland. England has some very large cities. It is fare easier to take the vaccinations in places like London or Birmingham.

UK government figures show 126,375 people in Wales, 4% of the population, have received their first jab so far that is compared to 6% in Northern Ireland, 4.1% in Scotland and 4.9% in England.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:55 - Jan 18 with 998 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:51 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

We are not miles behind. We are very slightly behind Scotland. England has some very large cities. It is fare easier to take the vaccinations in places like London or Birmingham.

UK government figures show 126,375 people in Wales, 4% of the population, have received their first jab so far that is compared to 6% in Northern Ireland, 4.1% in Scotland and 4.9% in England.

If its all about big cities why are the Cardiff figures low.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:00 - Jan 18 with 990 viewsScotia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

"Mark Drakeford said one of the reasons more of the supply had not been used at once was to prevent "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do"."

Words fail me. I'd suggest that "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" is a mark of success.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:17 - Jan 18 with 973 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:00 - Jan 18 by Scotia

"Mark Drakeford said one of the reasons more of the supply had not been used at once was to prevent "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do"."

Words fail me. I'd suggest that "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" is a mark of success.

Aye, its guys like that tend to get sent to the stores for a box of grinder sparks and to the post office to pick up a washing machine license.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 12:18]

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 936 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:17 - Jan 18 by Wingstandwood

Aye, its guys like that tend to get sent to the stores for a box of grinder sparks and to the post office to pick up a washing machine license.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 12:18]

Can someone please send him to the Falklands stores for a "long weight" and he can take Gething to help him too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:52 - Jan 18 with 929 viewskrunchykarrot

He's doing an excellent job in making my point.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:53 - Jan 18 with 926 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:50 - Jan 18 by Catullus

Can someone please send him to the Falklands stores for a "long weight" and he can take Gething to help him too.

I'm glad you mentioned "long weight", its standard Welsh Government policy for everything!

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 917 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:55 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

If its all about big cities why are the Cardiff figures low.

Without knowing the reasons it is impossible to comment. I do know at one time they had problems with a vaccinator being found with virus and other staff were told to self isolate. There may well be reasons but only the Health Board there can answer that. London is also apparently low but why I dont know.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:07 - Jan 18 with 906 viewsexhmrc1

People like you would no doubt be criticising the Welsh Government of wasting public funds if they had vaccinators just hanging around doing nothing. Why have the English, Scottish and Northern Irish governments not used all the pfizer vaccine in their countries. Nobody anywhere would be able to give 100s of thousands or multiple millions in a day. It will take time wherever you are and will be worked through as a programme just like the flu vaccinations are given between September and December.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:16 - Jan 18 with 899 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:07 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

People like you would no doubt be criticising the Welsh Government of wasting public funds if they had vaccinators just hanging around doing nothing. Why have the English, Scottish and Northern Irish governments not used all the pfizer vaccine in their countries. Nobody anywhere would be able to give 100s of thousands or multiple millions in a day. It will take time wherever you are and will be worked through as a programme just like the flu vaccinations are given between September and December.

This isn't about wasting money, this is about preventing unnecessary deaths ,

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 895 viewsCatullus

If it's about the big cities why are the biggest cities in England and Wales lagging?

Apparently Scotland could be giving more vaccinations daily but they have a problem with patchy supplies,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55695249

So that would put Scotland further ahead of Wales, Scotland isn't holding any doses back either.
Very slightly behind, I guess it's a perspective thing, we are 50% behind NI and over 20% behind England and Scotland.

I guess stats are misleading

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 877 viewsWhiterockin

The Welsh press were starting to wake up in the lunchtime briefing. Starting to ask the questions but came up short of a killer reply.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Jan 18 with 869 viewspencoedjack

I think it stems from being a civil servant all his life & not understanding the requirement to get the economy moving again.

That and not caring if people die.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 861 viewslondonlisa2001

As at yesterday, England has vaccinated 5.98%, NI 7.42%, Scotland 4.12% and Wales 4.01%.

These will be out a bit because Wales and Scotland don’t report at the weekend but later today will show the proper comparisons.

The big cities are actually causing a drag, not boosting numbers. London is way behind the England average. And Cardiff behind Wales.

The situation in Wales is indefensible. Holding back vaccines so vaccinators aren’t left with noting to do? Sounds like the plan of an idiot.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 850 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Jan 18 by pencoedjack

I think it stems from being a civil servant all his life & not understanding the requirement to get the economy moving again.

That and not caring if people die.

It's been noticeable throughout this whole thing that those in favour of more restrictions and lockdowns are generally those who still get paid regardless.

To needlessly drag this thing out for such a pathetic reason is inexcusable. That there are still people who defend it is dumbfounding.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:38 - Jan 18 with 850 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:32 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

As at yesterday, England has vaccinated 5.98%, NI 7.42%, Scotland 4.12% and Wales 4.01%.

These will be out a bit because Wales and Scotland don’t report at the weekend but later today will show the proper comparisons.

The big cities are actually causing a drag, not boosting numbers. London is way behind the England average. And Cardiff behind Wales.

The situation in Wales is indefensible. Holding back vaccines so vaccinators aren’t left with noting to do? Sounds like the plan of an idiot.

Exactly and in the meantime people are dying. So what if we are on schedule for the mid February target, get the vaccinations done quicker and save more lives. This hanging around story by the Welsh government is a pile of horseshit.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 835 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:32 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

And according to Welsh news the BMA have now stepped in and questioned Drakefords lunacy!

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:49 - Jan 18 with 830 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:45 - Jan 18 by Wingstandwood

And according to Welsh news the BMA have now stepped in and questioned Drakefords lunacy!

This reported an hour ago. laughable if not so tragic for some poor innocent

The Welsh Government has insisted it is “not holding back” doses of the coronavirus vaccines.

Earlier today, Wales’ First Minister Mark Drakeford defended holding back thousands of doses of Pfizer coronavirus vaccine

That was backed up by education inister Kirsty Williams, who told the briefing that the vaccines were being distributed “in a careful way”, in order to maintain efficiency and minimise wastage.

She said: “We are not holding back on any supplies of the Pfizer vaccine or the Oxford-AstraZenica vaccine.

“We are distributing Pfizer in a careful way to ensure there is infrastructure in Wales to deliver it safely and most efficiently, avoiding wastage because it is such a precious resource.”

Ms Williams also said that roll-out had expanded significantly within the past week, and distribution of the vaccines that have so far been made available had been a success.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:53 - Jan 18 with 822 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:49 - Jan 18 by Boundy

This reported an hour ago. laughable if not so tragic for some poor innocent

The Welsh Government has insisted it is “not holding back” doses of the coronavirus vaccines.

Earlier today, Wales’ First Minister Mark Drakeford defended holding back thousands of doses of Pfizer coronavirus vaccine

That was backed up by education inister Kirsty Williams, who told the briefing that the vaccines were being distributed “in a careful way”, in order to maintain efficiency and minimise wastage.

She said: “We are not holding back on any supplies of the Pfizer vaccine or the Oxford-AstraZenica vaccine.

“We are distributing Pfizer in a careful way to ensure there is infrastructure in Wales to deliver it safely and most efficiently, avoiding wastage because it is such a precious resource.”

Ms Williams also said that roll-out had expanded significantly within the past week, and distribution of the vaccines that have so far been made available had been a success.

Bunch of F-ing yokels they are!

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 805 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:18 - Jan 18 by Catullus

If it's about the big cities why are the biggest cities in England and Wales lagging?

Apparently Scotland could be giving more vaccinations daily but they have a problem with patchy supplies,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55695249

So that would put Scotland further ahead of Wales, Scotland isn't holding any doses back either.
Very slightly behind, I guess it's a perspective thing, we are 50% behind NI and over 20% behind England and Scotland.

I guess stats are misleading

When the stats show what you dont like they are misleading. If they show something you want they arent. Scotland has 1 massive city and a few other large ones. The largest of our cities isnt as large as either of the 2 largest Scottish cities. Cardiff is just over 1/2 the size of Glasgow and Swansea 1/2 the size of Edinburgh. Over 100,000 of the Pfizer vaccine has been given and it will increase as more centres come on line. The AZ has almost all been given. Based on the figures supplied by our Health Board we have already given 20% of the over 80s their vaccine and nearly all care home residents and front line NHS staff. The remaining over 80s will be vaccinated by the end of next week together with all front line care and social staff.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 805 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:53 - Jan 18 by Wingstandwood

Bunch of F-ing yokels they are!

I await the forums resident Senedd propaganda poster to arrive with his usual stats and drivel.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 18 with 783 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:04 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

I await the forums resident Senedd propaganda poster to arrive with his usual stats and drivel.

The reality is that in excess of 100000 pfizer jabs have already been given and with more centres coming on board this will quicken up. We have now given nearly all our care home residents the vaccine without having to drag them to centres. 20% of over 80s have been given. Based on supply of AZ being available over 60% will be given by the end of the week with the remainder given next week. That is assuming there is 100% take up which based on the flu vaccine is unlikely. The remaining care and social workers who are more able to get there will get theirs from centres this week and possibly next. All or very nearly all the top 2 categories will be vaccinated by next week. Some wont accept it and some might not be able to be given it for medical reasons but the vast majority of top 2 groups will be given the vaccine by week Saturday. It might well be that some of the over 75s will have been given as well.

The reality is that if all vaccines are used by the end of the month and there has been equal supply by 31 Jan all UK countries will be at the same level.

No country has given vaccines in the way you and others want. It isnt possible anywhere for staffing reasons. England has millions of pfizer doses in freezers because they are the largest country. Nobody is going to be able to go faster than supply. It does rely on equitable amounts being given and this week one of the Welsh supplies has not been forthcoming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024