Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 95993 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:33 - Jan 21 with 1204 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:54 - Jan 20 by johnlangy

Because the Welsh people have the choice of who runs the Senedd. If we don't think they're doing a good job we can get rid of them. We have no choice with Westminster. England decides that.

So the Welsh people should have the choice over who runs them eh, then why would people not have a devolution referendum to see if most people still wanted the Senedd?

What you say about England isn't true either, the UK decides, it is a UK wide vote. The way you put it there could be people in the North of England saying the South East decides, that's not the way it is, it is a Uk vote and don't forget how many seats the tories have in Wales now and polls showing Labour support is declining.

It comes back to the same thing, John, and I'll repeat my opinion. Lets see what Wales really wants, lets have the debate and have a referendum and see if we want the status quo, indy or to abolish the Senedd.

Politics in the Uk is rife with cronyism and nepotism, jobs for the boys...and girls...as long as their face fits, as long as they don't actually do anything to upset the applecart, which most of us call the gravy train and the train rolls on.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:40 - Jan 21 with 1198 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:34 - Jan 20 by exhmrc1

Do you honestly believe the politicians in Westminster are any better. Look at the problems there. Johnson is far worse than Drakeford. Look at his record. Opening borders and pubs when they should have been close. Even Priti Patel thinks we could have closed borders in March. Duncan Smith is a pathetic. Corbyn was an absolute disaster. Abbott what a joke. The politicians in the Senydd are no worse or better than them.

So the answer is, lets just allow an even greater number of idiots into positions of power?

Perhaps if we allow enough fools to have the power they'll accidentally get it right?

What about the financial cost? Why spend millions on politiicians who do no good, at least save the money in the hope it'll be spent where it is really needed, the NHS, police, schools....maybe?

Do you believe the Senedd should have it's numbers increased by 30% at a cost of (they claim, it's probably going to be much more in reality) around 10 million pounds? Where do they get that 10 million from? It won't be Westminster so it'll either be a rise in council tax or a cut in other budgets. Can you really support that? Does Wales need 60 Senedd members and all the associated staff and the extra costs they bring?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:05 - Jan 21 with 1190 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I could make a case for paying politicians more in order to attract more talented people. Let’s face it, if you’re a very high flyer your earnings in business are many times a politician’s salary. It’s the power that attracts them though, less so the money which will pour in eventually anyway if you reach very high office from the speaker circuit and book deals.

I wouldn’t allow people to stand until they’ve done a proper job for ten years and put an end to career politicians but then, I live on fantasy island and would take health and education out of politics to put an end to short termism.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:21 - Jan 21 with 1182 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:05 - Jan 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I could make a case for paying politicians more in order to attract more talented people. Let’s face it, if you’re a very high flyer your earnings in business are many times a politician’s salary. It’s the power that attracts them though, less so the money which will pour in eventually anyway if you reach very high office from the speaker circuit and book deals.

I wouldn’t allow people to stand until they’ve done a proper job for ten years and put an end to career politicians but then, I live on fantasy island and would take health and education out of politics to put an end to short termism.

The short termism is the real problem. As soon as we change governing party theystart to rip p what the oppo did out of idealism, dislike, hatred or whatever reason.

Health, education and policing have all been political footballs. I'm not sure what the answer is but I doubt if anybody would want to extend a parliamentary term by several years so each government had the time to actually achieve something.

Saying that, Welsh Labour have had over 20 years and where has it gotten us? People criticise Bojo but what did the last Labour government do?

Maybe paying the politicans more would help but then maybe the punishments for politicians who break the rules should be increased too, the politicians would definitely vote for the pay rise but the bigger punishments?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:51 - Jan 21 with 1168 viewsJoe_bradshaw

With health and education I would set up a governing board for each consisting of politicians from every party, professionals and experts in the field. Patients would have input on health of course. They could look at other countries to see what might work and what doesn’t. Funding would be an agreed portion of GDP with a minimum base level even in times of depression. Planning would be long term to the benefit of the nation and the board could tweak it over time.

It won’t happen of course, the politicians would be horrified at the prospect.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Jan 21 with 1145 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:51 - Jan 21 by Joe_bradshaw

With health and education I would set up a governing board for each consisting of politicians from every party, professionals and experts in the field. Patients would have input on health of course. They could look at other countries to see what might work and what doesn’t. Funding would be an agreed portion of GDP with a minimum base level even in times of depression. Planning would be long term to the benefit of the nation and the board could tweak it over time.

Taking control out of politics certainly seems a good idea to me.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:38 - Jan 21 with 1108 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Latest vaccination rates
England 7.65%
NI 7.63%
UK average 7.32
Scotland 6.13%
Wales 6.05%

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 1116 viewsBarrySwan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:54 - Jan 20 by johnlangy

Because the Welsh people have the choice of who runs the Senedd. If we don't think they're doing a good job we can get rid of them. We have no choice with Westminster. England decides that.

Nonsense, the UK had to suffer labour government after labour government because of the block group of labour MPs returned from Wales and Scotland.

The Scottish have now blown out the Labour Party and who can blame them? Unfortunately they replaced labour with a party every bit as incompetent and bad.

Large parts of Wales continues to support the labour incompetence and cronyism that blights our country
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 1096 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:38 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

Latest vaccination rates
England 7.65%
NI 7.63%
UK average 7.32
Scotland 6.13%
Wales 6.05%

There was a graph in Wales online comparing vaccines to the trajectory needed to reach the target of vaccinating the top 4 groups by February 15th.

We are miles off target, we have no chance of meeting it
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:15 - Jan 21 with 1088 viewsjohnlangy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:49 - Jan 21 by BarrySwan

Nonsense, the UK had to suffer labour government after labour government because of the block group of labour MPs returned from Wales and Scotland.

The Scottish have now blown out the Labour Party and who can blame them? Unfortunately they replaced labour with a party every bit as incompetent and bad.

Large parts of Wales continues to support the labour incompetence and cronyism that blights our country

If you read my post again Barry I said that we've had a Conservative UK Government in 20 out of the last 28 elections. That was in spite of the vast majority of MP's returned by Wales and Scotland being Labour (when Labour was alive in Scotland). The 8 times we had a Labour government it didn't happen because of the block group of Welsh/Scottish Labour MP's. It happened because on those occasions a large number of English constituencies decided they'd had enough and voted Labour. In those 8 occasions, if you went back to check the results, there were probably a few where Wales/Scotland tipped the balance. That's not likely to happen ever again.

So the UK didn't 'suffer' those Labour Governments. The UK, including England, voted for a Labour Government.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:30 - Jan 21 with 1083 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:51 - Jan 21 by Joe_bradshaw

The biggest problem with health is that any solution to issues that the NHS faces that doesn't involve pouring ever increasing sums of money into it is howled down. We've got a situation now where a Government service with a budget in excess of £150bn per year and around 1.5 million employees is described as underfunded and understaffed by people who can keep a straight face whilst doing it.

Any politician suggesting removing the right to healthcare that is free at the point of service needs to be booted out of office. Other than that, everything else should be open for discussion. Pretending that all that needs to happen is for budgets to keep rising does nobody any good. Not the NHS, not the patients, not the Treasury.

Totally agree with working to stop it becoming a political football.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 18:33]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 03:24 - Jan 22 with 1024 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:30 - Jan 21 by Dr_Winston

The biggest problem with health is that any solution to issues that the NHS faces that doesn't involve pouring ever increasing sums of money into it is howled down. We've got a situation now where a Government service with a budget in excess of £150bn per year and around 1.5 million employees is described as underfunded and understaffed by people who can keep a straight face whilst doing it.

Any politician suggesting removing the right to healthcare that is free at the point of service needs to be booted out of office. Other than that, everything else should be open for discussion. Pretending that all that needs to happen is for budgets to keep rising does nobody any good. Not the NHS, not the patients, not the Treasury.

Totally agree with working to stop it becoming a political football.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 18:33]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55750297

How can the Senedd still get away with these errors, really is time for a major rethink on devolved powers.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:22 - Jan 22 with 997 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 03:24 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

How can the Senedd still get away with these errors, really is time for a major rethink on devolved powers.

On Tuesday Vaughan Guessing says the majority of over 80s in Wales had been vaccinated. PHW Wales reports 25% of over 80s has been vaccinated. Since when has 25% been a majority. Still Wales is way behind the rest of the UK in getting the vaccines out. Still dithering Drakeford says we are on target and we are or are not, holding back vaccines in case we run out.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:50 - Jan 22 with 995 viewsScotia

Had Matt Hancock made this mistake, the media would be crawling all over it and calling for his head. The same would probably apply in the Scottish Parliament.

In Wales its a small story on the BBC website I heard about from a football forum.

Does anyone take the Senedd seriously anymore?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:32 - Jan 22 with 978 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:50 - Jan 22 by Scotia

Had Matt Hancock made this mistake, the media would be crawling all over it and calling for his head. The same would probably apply in the Scottish Parliament.

In Wales its a small story on the BBC website I heard about from a football forum.

Sadly quite a lot of people do, hence Wales becoming increasingly shit outside the central CF postcode areas since 1999. Gething is either lying or incompetent. Not a great look either way.

I read something the other day that made me genuinely angry. Apparently people with neurosurgical needs in North Wales are made to lug all the way down to Cardiff for treatment even though hospitals in Liverpool, Manchester and even Birmingham are much closer and easier to access. This is deliberate WG policy as part of some sort of "One Wales" approach.

Petty, parochial bollocks as opposed to genuine interest in the welfare of the population. It's insane, and people somehow justify it.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 8:42]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:07 - Jan 22 with 954 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:50 - Jan 22 by Scotia

The 70% issue was always clearly wrong. Up until Wednesday Wales had only had 40000 doses of the AZ vaccine and this is the vaccine being given to over 80s and care homes. Given that there are over 180000 residents over 80 in Wales that was never going to be the case. Now we have received the extra 80000 (at least I assume that is the case) the figures will rise hugely and when these are administered will take the percentage up in excess of 60 which will be by next week. The remainder will be administered in the following week but to avoid any doubt there is likely to be a very small percentage of housebound patients who wont be vaccinated for months due to the length of time it will take the District Nurses to get through the list in addition to their normal duties. There will be others who choose not to have the jab or are unable to take it up for medical reasons.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 933 viewsCatullus

What makes you think it was really an error?

Gethings words were chosen carefully so he could claim an "innocent mistake" but in my opinion he tried to see if he could mislead people.

Does anybody really think there was confusion between over 80's in care homes and over 80's in general population?
Are the Welsh government really so dumb or useless? If tey are then it's just more evidence against them, if they are not then they are lying.

I personally believe they are lying.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 909 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:35 - Jan 22 by Catullus

Gethings words were chosen carefully so he could claim an "innocent mistake" but in my opinion he tried to see if he could mislead people.

Does anybody really think there was confusion between over 80's in care homes and over 80's in general population?
Are the Welsh government really so dumb or useless? If tey are then it's just more evidence against them, if they are not then they are lying.

If someone is going to lie they wouldnt do anything as obvious as this. It was absolutely clear the reason the Welsh vaccination figures are lower was because of the correct decision in my view to try and prevent over 80s travelling long distances to mass vaccination centres. Everyone knew that we had only had 40000 AZ doses until Wednesday and there were nearly 200000 people over 80. It was impossible for there to be 70% of them to be vaccinated.

I replied to Boundy the other day saying the current over 80 rate would be in the 20s and in the 60s by Monday and all who want it and are able to receive other than housebound patients will be given it by 2 weeks today.

There are far bigger concerns than Gething's mistake. Politicians ignoring the rules including the Tory party leader and chief whip. It is noticeable that the Labour member involved has had the whip withdrawn whilst the Tories havent.

There is also the low take up in care homes. Only 56% of care home residents have been vaccinated despite most care homes having been vaccinated. This is suggesting that either their relatives or themselves havent signed up for it. Obvioulsy some wont have been vaccinated having recently had the virus or for medical reason but the low take up is worrying. This is backed up that of the 58 care homes in Swansea Bay up to last week only 1600 residents had been vaccinated. That is less than 30 residents per home Which is worryingly low although the WOL figures are somewhat different to those used to PHW. Wales online suggests there are 15750 care home residents in Wales compared to 16602 and using the Wales online figures the percentage vaccinated would be higher. Similarly WOL says there are 24500 care home workers in Wales but PHW is using 29750 and using the WOL figures the rate of care home workers vaccinated is 80% not 67. I dont know which are right.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:44 - Jan 22 with 902 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:36 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

If someone is going to lie they wouldnt do anything as obvious as this. It was absolutely clear the reason the Welsh vaccination figures are lower was because of the correct decision in my view to try and prevent over 80s travelling long distances to mass vaccination centres. Everyone knew that we had only had 40000 AZ doses until Wednesday and there were nearly 200000 people over 80. It was impossible for there to be 70% of them to be vaccinated.

I replied to Boundy the other day saying the current over 80 rate would be in the 20s and in the 60s by Monday and all who want it and are able to receive other than housebound patients will be given it by 2 weeks today.

There are far bigger concerns than Gething's mistake. Politicians ignoring the rules including the Tory party leader and chief whip. It is noticeable that the Labour member involved has had the whip withdrawn whilst the Tories havent.

There is also the low take up in care homes. Only 56% of care home residents have been vaccinated despite most care homes having been vaccinated. This is suggesting that either their relatives or themselves havent signed up for it. Obvioulsy some wont have been vaccinated having recently had the virus or for medical reason but the low take up is worrying. This is backed up that of the 58 care homes in Swansea Bay up to last week only 1600 residents had been vaccinated. That is less than 30 residents per home Which is worryingly low although the WOL figures are somewhat different to those used to PHW. Wales online suggests there are 15750 care home residents in Wales compared to 16602 and using the Wales online figures the percentage vaccinated would be higher. Similarly WOL says there are 24500 care home workers in Wales but PHW is using 29750 and using the WOL figures the rate of care home workers vaccinated is 80% not 67. I dont know which are right.

Looks like we are going to need two types of care homes one where all residents and staff are vaccinated and one where they don't want to be vaccinated.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 902 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:35 - Jan 22 by Catullus

I don't think Welsh Government or Gething / Drakeford are dumb. They are useless.

They think the Welsh people are dumb, and to be honest, many seem to be.

Gething was Lying, Drakeford said he was holding vaccine back.

Yet still the apologists defend them.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 888 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:15 - Jan 21 by johnlangy

If you read my post again Barry I said that we've had a Conservative UK Government in 20 out of the last 28 elections. That was in spite of the vast majority of MP's returned by Wales and Scotland being Labour (when Labour was alive in Scotland). The 8 times we had a Labour government it didn't happen because of the block group of Welsh/Scottish Labour MP's. It happened because on those occasions a large number of English constituencies decided they'd had enough and voted Labour. In those 8 occasions, if you went back to check the results, there were probably a few where Wales/Scotland tipped the balance. That's not likely to happen ever again.

So the UK didn't 'suffer' those Labour Governments. The UK, including England, voted for a Labour Government.

Hang on, of course it happened because of the block group of Scottish and Welsh Labour MP's being returned.
If Wales and Scotland had voted Tory the election result would have been different, that's kind of how it works.

Or are you saying 99 seats outside England wouldn't make a difference? Only a hand full of elections in over 150 years wouldn't have been changed by a 99 seat swing.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:21 - Jan 22 with 878 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I read that Blair would have won without Wales and Scotland but there’s no doubt that for Labour Scotland is a catastrophe and severely reduces their chances of a Westminster majority.

I find the Tory view on independence interesting. Scotland and Wales (if the Welsh electorate ever wanted it) gaining independence would be almost guaranteeing Tory governments in England. They actively don’t want that and I know they’re the Conservative and Unionist Party but it’s somewhat baffling.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 872 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:21 - Jan 22 by Joe_bradshaw

I read that Blair would have won without Wales and Scotland but there’s no doubt that for Labour Scotland is a catastrophe and severely reduces their chances of a Westminster majority.

I find the Tory view on independence interesting. Scotland and Wales (if the Welsh electorate ever wanted it) gaining independence would be almost guaranteeing Tory governments in England. They actively don’t want that and I know they’re the Conservative and Unionist Party but it’s somewhat baffling.

Rather an easy answer. The UK is stronger and better as one country. Economically could be terrible with hard borders between England, Wales and England Scotland .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Jan 22 with 871 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:36 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

If someone is going to lie they wouldnt do anything as obvious as this....do you really believe that?
Look at Bojo lie after obvious lie. They are just arrogant enough to believe they might get away with it but always their words are measured so they have a get out, in Gethings case it was "I understand" which means someone else told him, he has someone to blame though we know not who. He is usually so precise with his answers, a man whose stock in trade is precision.

All those politicians should be sacked, I've already said that. Those who set the rules should be punished more harshly and don't deserve their positions when it's do as I say not as I do.

Drakeford said that at 12 noon today 212,000 had been vaccinated in Wales, the news analyst suggested they were not on course to meet their target, we'll see.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:33 - Jan 22 with 859 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Jan 22 by Catullus

If someone is going to lie they wouldnt do anything as obvious as this....do you really believe that?
Look at Bojo lie after obvious lie. They are just arrogant enough to believe they might get away with it but always their words are measured so they have a get out, in Gethings case it was "I understand" which means someone else told him, he has someone to blame though we know not who. He is usually so precise with his answers, a man whose stock in trade is precision.

All those politicians should be sacked, I've already said that. Those who set the rules should be punished more harshly and don't deserve their positions when it's do as I say not as I do.

Drakeford said that at 12 noon today 212,000 had been vaccinated in Wales, the news analyst suggested they were not on course to meet their target, we'll see.

As far as lying if you are going to do it then you wouldnt say something so easy to get caught out. This was just too obvious for the reasons I previously outlined.

In terms of figures the media are working on the presumption that there will be 100% take up. There wont be anything like that. There isnt in any vaccination. The flu vaccine has around 70% take up although this year it was higher around 80. Taking 75% for easy Maths we will vaccinate around 550000 not 740000. We have just under 100,000 of the Pfizer left and this is the one being given in the mass vaccination centres. At the current level of vaccination in these it will be gone in 7 or 8 days.

The AZ vaccine is being given to surgeries. Up until Wednesday we only had 40000. This week we have been given 80000 and these will be given in a week. We were meant to have been given 100000 but the extra 26000 is coming next week so next week we will get 140000 which will be used between surgeries and the mass vaccination centres. Over this week and next we will get 200000 vaccines. In addition we have approx 100000 Pfizer so there will be 300000 to be given over the next couple of weeks plus any more that comes from Pfizer which will also be given in mass vaccination centres. Those will make up most of the doses needed for 70'% of the population.

These people in the media havent taken into account the increased number of centres that have been opening and the numbers that are going to be given in surgeries.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024