Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 94806 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:35 - Jun 26 with 1584 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:08 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

You’ve stripped out the worst outbreaks of cases in Wales and then left them in the UK numbers of 1118 ?

The UK numbers also contain isolated outbreaks in other factories in Yorkshire, Leicestershire etc.

It’s almost as if you’re distorting figures...

1118-86 = 1032 still vastly over the Welsh figure and still will be with the other plants.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:53 - Jun 26 with 1574 viewslondonlisa2001

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:35 - Jun 26 by exhmrc1

1118-86 = 1032 still vastly over the Welsh figure and still will be with the other plants.

As at now:

Total Cases in Wales - 15,466
Total Cases in England - 159,596
Total Cases in Scotland - 15,802
Total Cases in N Ireland - 4,874

Cases per 100,000 people:

Wales - 497
Scotland - 294
N Ireland - 262
London - 309
South East - 249
South West - 142
East of England - 244
West Midlands - 288
East Midlands - 205
Yorkshire & Humber - 278
North West - 373
North East - 397

There isn’t a single region of England that isn’t better than Wales. It’s far worse than Scotland and N Ireland.

And you’ve spent day after day saying how fantastic it is.

Johnson is an absolute ar*ehole, and Wales has still managed to have worse numbers than EVERY SINGLE AREA OF ENGLAND.

I’m not discussing it with you anymore. You refuse to see the facts in front of you for political reasons. I think this UK government is as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. They’re lazy, incompetent charlatans. But wake up and smell the bloody coffee.

Wales has done badly as there are vast swathes of Wales that have completely ignored any social distancing measures since the start of all this. And rather than call it out, the WG have pandered to them as they are their voter base.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:54 - Jun 26 with 1574 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:34 - Jun 26 by Scotia

I'm pretty certain that the jurisdiction of the senedd extends to Anglesey and Wrexham - and don't forget Mark Drakeford introduced legislation to ensure social distancing in the workplace. Going well isn't it?

Yes it does but 2 small outbreaks dont mean the rest of the country has a problem. As you said in a previous post what is happening in Swansea, Cardiff or anywhere else isnt affected by what happens in Llangefni or Wrexham which are well over 100 miles away. The reality is that Anglesey showed 5 cases yesterday and Gwynedd 6 so the figures for the factory there have been largely reported. Wrexham is still going through testing everyone in the factory and their close associates and all will shortly have been reported so the figures will be far more accurate. These will take a week possibly less to be shown and our figures will come down hugely.

Yes things are doing well. Lower death figures in Wales. Yesterday there were 27 people on ventilators in Wales. There were 29 in Rhondda Cynon Taff hospitals alone at one point. Evidence of how much things have improved. 26 deaths over the last 7 days 35 the week before. A 25% drop over 1 week.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:28 - Jun 26 with 1561 viewsexhmrc1

here was scotia's post on another thread

I actually agree with part of that, Drakeford's insistence that all of Wales moves out of lock down at the same time is daft. Anglesey and Wrexham are over 3 hours drive from the main areas of economic activity in Wales.
The 5 mile rule though has always been stupid, I could understand 5 miles initially and then extending to something like 20 once cases were low enough, but not allowing someone to go to a different part of the same city is idiotic. That is the case for another fortnight.

Those areas of the North need to be locked down and let the South carefully get back to some form of normality.

I've heard the 17 cases that are "address unknown" are linked to communication problems with the employees in 2 sisters.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:35 - Jun 26 with 1558 viewskrunchykarrot

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:04 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

I call bollox.

Education is about all our kids.
100 per cent go to Comps.

Streams for different abilities within the school.
Movement between streams important as people develop at different times.

Awful to brand a child a failure at 11 for failing the old 11 plus exam.

Big benefits from all the kids in an area going to school together. Builds life long friendships.

Nobody under 65 would even remember the concept.
Get in the bin.

OK this is where i agree with you on a point, kids develop at different ages so removing that block and developing and implementing a new criteria advancing our education system could have been achieved and benefited Wales. But we have been inward looking due to Labour blinkers.

Instead we have completely lost the plot with people trying to move to areas where there are high achieving table topping schools, if that fails they just send them to good private schools. So your point on keeping everyone as parents have choices.together is not correct.

I have seen for myself what happens over the bridge, every Wednesday all top schools both state Comp/grammar and private play sport verses each other, on playing fields they own.How come they have kept their Grammar schools which are exceeding and we are going the other way.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 1530 viewsexhmrc1

Todays figures are out. 2 deaths 65 new cases which show that no local authority in South, Mid or West Wales had more than 2 new cases yesterday. Cardiff had 2 and several had 1 each. 25 in Wrexham and 7 in Anglesey. 10 unknown location. 11 new cases from Severn Bridge to Pembrokeshire and from South Wales coast to Machynlleth and Welshpool,
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:03 - Jun 26 with 1523 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:21 - Jun 26 by exhmrc1

Todays figures are out. 2 deaths 65 new cases which show that no local authority in South, Mid or West Wales had more than 2 new cases yesterday. Cardiff had 2 and several had 1 each. 25 in Wrexham and 7 in Anglesey. 10 unknown location. 11 new cases from Severn Bridge to Pembrokeshire and from South Wales coast to Machynlleth and Welshpool,

Congratulations Professor Drakeford.

What a guy.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:14 - Jun 26 with 1509 viewspencoedjack

Drakeford announce anything to get the Welsh economy moving today?
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:36 - Jun 26 with 1497 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:14 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

Drakeford announce anything to get the Welsh economy moving today?

More dithering, he also announced he's planning further dithering sometime next week.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:44 - Jun 26 with 1482 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:03 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

Congratulations Professor Drakeford.

What a guy.

Yes, what a guy. Half of the cases are in a setting he's legislated to protect.

He's actually tried to protect the workforce and is clearly failing. Whereas the rest of the country, where there are very few cases, still can't leave their immediate area.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 17:31]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:59 - Jun 26 with 1470 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:36 - Jun 26 by Flashberryjack

More dithering, he also announced he's planning further dithering sometime next week.

Same as every week then.

He's making Wales a laughing stock.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:36 - Jun 26 with 1432 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:59 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

Same as every week then.

He's making Wales a laughing stock.

This is why Professor Drakers is protecting us all.
He cares.

Johnson does not care.
Dont be like Johnson.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:54 - Jun 26 with 1424 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:47 - Jun 24 by chad

Will we sell the water at pumps?

We could have still and fizzy

If we run out there’s always desalination, the sea will be ours as well won’t it, given it seems we put most of the water in. Should charge Europe too, ker ching

£6.4 billion reasons to take the piiss .... 😎
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 17:56]

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:00 - Jun 26 with 1421 viewsBytholWyn

The events of the past few days in England and Wales does tend to support the Welsh government's decision to go with the 5 mile limit, even if the extent of the limit is very probably somewhat arbitrary. I'm guessing that the limit was determined for behavioural reasons as much as anything, as a 5 mile limit is local, and obviously so, and therefore straightforward from a messaging perspective. In the absence of such a limit we end up with the scenes we've witnessed in Bournemouth, where people have clearly acted without any common sense. This isn't exactly surprising, as it mirrors what happened just before lockdown was announced - with people flocking to beaches around the UK and up Snowdon.

It's pretty obvious that there's a large section of the population that are willing to obey the law, but are incapable of using any sort of discretion in the absence of any legal prohibition on their actions. Governments need to make proper allowance for this stupidity and selfishness. The Welsh government appears to have done so, whereas Westminster hasn't.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:05 - Jun 26 with 1420 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:36 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

He cares.

Johnson does not care.
Dont be like Johnson.

You didn't read Lisa's post

You are an idiot

As at now:

Wales - 497
Scotland - 294
N Ireland - 262
London - 309
South East - 249
South West - 142
East of England - 244
West Midlands - 288
East Midlands - 205
Yorkshire & Humber - 278
North West - 373
North East - 397

There isn’t a single region of England that isn’t better than Wales. It’s far worse than Scotland and N Ireland.

Johnson is an absolute ar*ehole, and Wales has still managed to have worse numbers than EVERY SINGLE AREA OF ENGLAND.

I’m not discussing it with you anymore. You refuse to see the facts in front of you for political reasons. I think this UK government is as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. They’re lazy, incompetent charlatans. But wake up and smell the bloody coffee.

Wales has done badly as there are vast swathes of Wales that have completely ignored any social distancing measures since the start of all this. And rather than call it out, the WG have pandered to them as they are their voter base.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:13 - Jun 26 with 1410 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:36 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

He cares.

Johnson does not care.
Dont be like Johnson.

Nobody listens to him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53186920
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:18 - Jun 26 with 1404 viewsDrGonzo

Drakeford has done a fantastic job. Well done sir.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:25 - Jun 26 with 1398 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:18 - Jun 26 by DrGonzo

Drakeford has done a fantastic job. Well done sir.

Yeah !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:29 - Jun 26 with 1393 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:05 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

You didn't read Lisa's post

You are an idiot

As at now:

Wales - 497
Scotland - 294
N Ireland - 262
London - 309
South East - 249
South West - 142
East of England - 244
West Midlands - 288
East Midlands - 205
Yorkshire & Humber - 278
North West - 373
North East - 397

I count success as keeping people alive and Wales wins hands down but others prefer 10,000 more people dying and calling it a success
1497X66.4/3.2 31062 which is the number the UK should have had using the Wales figure. Instead the UK has had 43414. 12352 more deaths in the Uk than there would have been using Wales figures. Nearly 40 % higher than the Welsh figure. Even today there were 2 deaths in Wales 2X66.4/3.2 136. The uk had 184.

There is a problem at present with 2 factories which will be gone in a few days. For 3/4 of the Welsh population there were 11 new cases. 11x66.4/3.2 ie 228 cases per day compared to the uk figure today of 1380 and adding in 4 areas in North Wales as well 22x66.4/3 486.

Yes there are currently 2 areas in North Wales suffering but 20 counties are doing better than the uk .

Even including the problem area Wales is still doing better 65x66.4/3.2 1348 which is lower than the UK figure of 1380
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:36 - Jun 26 with 1385 viewslondonlisa2001

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:29 - Jun 26 by exhmrc1

I count success as keeping people alive and Wales wins hands down but others prefer 10,000 more people dying and calling it a success
1497X66.4/3.2 31062 which is the number the UK should have had using the Wales figure. Instead the UK has had 43414. 12352 more deaths in the Uk than there would have been using Wales figures. Nearly 40 % higher than the Welsh figure. Even today there were 2 deaths in Wales 2X66.4/3.2 136. The uk had 184.

There is a problem at present with 2 factories which will be gone in a few days. For 3/4 of the Welsh population there were 11 new cases. 11x66.4/3.2 ie 228 cases per day compared to the uk figure today of 1380 and adding in 4 areas in North Wales as well 22x66.4/3 486.

Yes there are currently 2 areas in North Wales suffering but 20 counties are doing better than the uk .

Even including the problem area Wales is still doing better 65x66.4/3.2 1348 which is lower than the UK figure of 1380

The actions of the government, be it UK or Welsh, do not affect outcomes when the person is infected.

For you to continue to pretend it does, is disingenuous in the extreme.

The only thing that lockdown measures can control is infection rates.

The outbreak in the factory(ies) is a red herring, Wales has had worse infection rates throughout.

You’ve been shown the figures. As was pointed out, they are wrong for all parts of the UK, but there’s no reason to suggest they are differently wrong.

Stop twisting this for political reasons, it’s dreadful and excuses the awful performance of the WG.

Edited to add. Btw - the UK figure today is 1066. So Wales is worse. Again.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 19:03]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:59 - Jun 26 with 1367 viewskrunchykarrot

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:36 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

The actions of the government, be it UK or Welsh, do not affect outcomes when the person is infected.

The outbreak in the factory(ies) is a red herring, Wales has had worse infection rates throughout.

You’ve been shown the figures. As was pointed out, they are wrong for all parts of the UK, but there’s no reason to suggest they are differently wrong.

Stop twisting this for political reasons, it’s dreadful and excuses the awful performance of the WG.

You are wasting your time Dickford can do no wrong.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:01 - Jun 26 with 1366 viewschad

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:54 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

£6.4 billion reasons to take the piiss .... 😎
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 17:56]

Come on now man it was you who suggested it was the new oil

Not sure it would be taking the piss surely it would be fuelling their piss

The Lake District 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 is already supplying the NW via underground system. Hope they don’t take more as I love to kayak around there.

Ah just realised, no problem as they won’t let me in. Still Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Is good for kayaking, do they allow kayaks on flights? Oh well Bala it is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 1361 viewsexhmrc1

It is you who is twisting the figures due to your dislike of the party in government in Wales. For several weeks the Welsh figures have been below the UK figures
6/6 42 uk equivalent 871
7/6 40 uk equivalent 830
8/6 42 871
9/6 42 871
10/6 38 788

These are the reasons why the R rate dropped to 0.5 but then you will disagree with anything that doesnt suit your purposes. The R independent AN figure not mine
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 1361 viewsBytholWyn

I don't think it helps to be partial in this situation, when the evidence is confusing and conflicting. As I indicated in an earlier post the most reliable source of death statistics suggest 10% more deaths per capita in England than Wales. Not a huge difference, but a difference nevertheless. The infection rate on the other hand does appear to be significantly higher in Wales than England - but the stats you quote Lisa exclude Tier 2 testing stats. The discrepancy could also be accounted for by a more efficient approach to testing with Public Health Wales than their English counterparts. It's hard to believe that Welsh people would be that more resilient to the disease than their English counterparts, so the statistical discrepancy may well be an artefact of differences in testing regimes.

Once lockdown kicked in I don't think there's much to distinguish the approaches of the respective administrations, nor the outcomes. The big, big mistake was with the timing of the lockdown, which was inevitably mainly Westminster's call. That's not to stay that the Welsh government couldn't have done things differently in those critical two weeks or so before lockdown, as Ceredigion council demonstrated by continuing track and trace when abandoned at UK and WG levels.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:08 - Jun 26 with 1357 viewschad

It is dreadful when people twist things isn’t it Lisa ;)

Exhmrc you should listen to Lisa, if anyone knows anything about being disingenuous in the extreme it is definitely Lisa, hand on heart I can vouch for her expertise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024