Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? 15:19 - May 19 with 2821 viewsJackfath

I'm after some advice and recommendation for a decent grass seed. Decent website where I can purchase? I'm scarifying and dressing the lawn and need something that looks good and also is lush.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 18:27 - May 19 with 2766 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EverGreen-015023-Lawn-Feed-80m2/dp/B00I4T6GHU/ref=asc_d

Worked a treat for me my key working friend.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:28]
Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 20:43 - May 19 with 2712 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't do what my father in law did and get a bargain deal on agricultural grass. Grows like a b@stard and he has to cut the lawn twice a week .

It is lush though.
Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 20:47 - May 19 with 2705 viewsDarran

When I moved house a few years ago Harold Woollacott the legendary Swans groundsman did my lawn for me.
It was magnificent.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 20:49 - May 19 with 2697 viewsJackfath

Thank you fellow lawn enthusiasts.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:18 - May 19 with 2680 viewsbiggar

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 18:27 - May 19 by dickythorpe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EverGreen-015023-Lawn-Feed-80m2/dp/B00I4T6GHU/ref=asc_d

Worked a treat for me my key working friend.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:28]

Worked a treat for me too.
Just make sure it's put down before it rains. If not, water it in and don't put too much down. You'll scorch the lawn.

It really is good stuff though.
Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:26 - May 19 with 2673 viewsCooperman

In my limited experience of seeding lawns it is a little bit horses for courses. Do you want something for a shaded area or are you after something hard wearing? Alternatively do you want lush grass or something a little more rustic looking? Do the usual Google search and match a seed to your need (sorry about the rhyming words). Then consider how to sew it; keeping the birds off of it and maintaining a good moisture level throughout germination are two key points.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:31 - May 19 with 2668 viewsJackfath

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:26 - May 19 by Cooperman

In my limited experience of seeding lawns it is a little bit horses for courses. Do you want something for a shaded area or are you after something hard wearing? Alternatively do you want lush grass or something a little more rustic looking? Do the usual Google search and match a seed to your need (sorry about the rhyming words). Then consider how to sew it; keeping the birds off of it and maintaining a good moisture level throughout germination are two key points.

Thank you, Percy Thrower.

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:51 - May 19 with 2653 viewsbonymine

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 20:47 - May 19 by Darran

When I moved house a few years ago Harold Woollacott the legendary Swans groundsman did my lawn for me.
It was magnificent.

Darr I remember Torquay 1988 in the play offs first leg at the Vetch I ‘lost it’ a bit and invaded the pitch after the game looking for Dave Caldwell their ‘dirty bastard’ player but Harold stopped me in my tracks on the pitch and sent me back into the stand great memories they were !!!

STID ...💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 22:19 - May 19 with 2632 viewsTreforys_Jack

Green keepers/professional gardeners any in our midst? on 21:51 - May 19 by bonymine

Darr I remember Torquay 1988 in the play offs first leg at the Vetch I ‘lost it’ a bit and invaded the pitch after the game looking for Dave Caldwell their ‘dirty bastard’ player but Harold stopped me in my tracks on the pitch and sent me back into the stand great memories they were !!!

STID ...💪💪💪

Didn't stop you swinging for Derek Dawkins though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024