Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST update 11:09 - May 21 with 29450 viewspencoedjack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-update-season-tickets?_ccCt=eF8vuTSlM
ST update on 22:46 - May 21 with 2220 viewspencoedjack

I don’t need the money but it fuks me off I’m being dictated too by a bloke who earns more in a week than most do in a year.

Get the players management to cover the million lost.

If football clubs are not careful they will lose many loyal fans the way they handle this.
ST update on 00:20 - May 22 with 2148 viewsdunvantjack100

ST update on 22:46 - May 21 by pencoedjack

I don’t need the money but it fuks me off I’m being dictated too by a bloke who earns more in a week than most do in a year.

Get the players management to cover the million lost.

If football clubs are not careful they will lose many loyal fans the way they handle this.

You are quite literally not being dictated to. If you want the refund you can have it.

The stick Birch is coming under for trying to manage the finances is quite simply astonishing. Yes the money should be coming from higher powers but that isn’t going to happen, he is doing what he can for the benefit of the club, not himself.
ST update on 03:51 - May 22 with 2084 viewsNotLoyal

ST update on 16:42 - May 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Another point to add, I am confident the majority of the people who were lauding over Birch after he put £100 behind an away pub bar a few months ago will be amongst those parroting the "they can keep my £84 if it keeps the club afloat" nonsense we'll inevitably see in the coming days.

Joe Rodon is surely capable of being sold this Summer for a fee exceeding £5,000,000. There are other ways the club could raise this £1,000,000 figure Birch is talking about as well.

Attempting to manipulate the supporters out of their money is absolutely scandalous.

Buy people a beer and he's a nice bloke.
Blokes a cheat. And idiots fall for it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

ST update on 06:54 - May 22 with 2052 viewssainthelens

ST update on 19:20 - May 21 by jojaca

The problem with the live stream route is how many games would actually be on Sky Sports anyway. I personally not bothered about refunds for remaining games, but would like a small gesture. Next season will be massive dilemma for club if fans can't attend, i would definitely like a full refund.

Chances are 2 of our remaining home games ( Lids and Brizzles) would be on sky anyway.
ST update on 08:15 - May 22 with 1995 views34dfgdf54

ST update on 03:51 - May 22 by NotLoyal

Buy people a beer and he's a nice bloke.
Blokes a cheat. And idiots fall for it.

Agreed.
ST update on 08:34 - May 22 with 1961 viewsJinxy

Apologies if already said, but possibly the bigger issue is next season ST partial/full refunds. If at least one refund for this season is issued, even if a statutory right then this would set a precedent and open the floodgates for next season?

Maybe he/they are keen to mitigate the £1M this season, to avoid the £6M odd loss next? The options put forward (if/when that happens) may tell us more. I would imagine they would like one common solution for this season, perhaps "negotiated" and therefore recommended by The Trust, but again, individuals could still opt for refund, shirley.
ST update on 08:35 - May 22 with 1961 viewsYrAlarch

I don't suppose there has been any consultation with the Supporters Trust on this matter. It would also be interesting to hear their (the Trust's) view.
ST update on 08:59 - May 22 with 1942 viewsWhiterockin

ST update on 08:34 - May 22 by Jinxy

Apologies if already said, but possibly the bigger issue is next season ST partial/full refunds. If at least one refund for this season is issued, even if a statutory right then this would set a precedent and open the floodgates for next season?

Maybe he/they are keen to mitigate the £1M this season, to avoid the £6M odd loss next? The options put forward (if/when that happens) may tell us more. I would imagine they would like one common solution for this season, perhaps "negotiated" and therefore recommended by The Trust, but again, individuals could still opt for refund, shirley.

TBH the trust have no right to recommend or negotiate anything regarding a possible refund on my tickets.
Login to get fewer ads

ST update on 09:09 - May 22 with 1935 viewsJinxy

ST update on 08:59 - May 22 by Whiterockin

TBH the trust have no right to recommend or negotiate anything regarding a possible refund on my tickets.

Why not? Genuine question.
ST update on 09:12 - May 22 with 1925 viewsWhiterockin

ST update on 09:09 - May 22 by Jinxy

Why not? Genuine question.

I am not a member so they do not negotiate anything for me.

The trust are shareholders of the club, conflict of interest.

I was a member for years and no longer have faith in anything the trust say or do.
ST update on 09:20 - May 22 with 1906 viewsJinxy

ST update on 09:12 - May 22 by Whiterockin

I am not a member so they do not negotiate anything for me.

The trust are shareholders of the club, conflict of interest.

I was a member for years and no longer have faith in anything the trust say or do.

Fair enough.

They are, though, elected (admittedly by Trust membership) with the SD placed on the board to be as close as possible to the finances, as well as other things. How effective all that is has been debated to death, so I don't want to open that one up again!

For me, I have no problem with The Trust recommending anything, given they MAY be privy to certain aspects that can't be shared publicly, who knows. Perhaps for the sake of simplicity, we may have one (negotiated) alternative option only, or refund.
ST update on 09:37 - May 22 with 1884 viewsWhiterockin

ST update on 09:20 - May 22 by Jinxy

Fair enough.

They are, though, elected (admittedly by Trust membership) with the SD placed on the board to be as close as possible to the finances, as well as other things. How effective all that is has been debated to death, so I don't want to open that one up again!

For me, I have no problem with The Trust recommending anything, given they MAY be privy to certain aspects that can't be shared publicly, who knows. Perhaps for the sake of simplicity, we may have one (negotiated) alternative option only, or refund.

This is where I stand. I have a couple of season tickets.

The steaming option is pointless, so many people watch the matches on live streams anyway. Secondly with more than one season ticket why would I request more than 1 stream to view in my house. Am I concerned for a refund for this season, not really, but none of the big earners at the club have taken a hit, why should I.
My preferred option would be a charity donation.

Next season. I have already paid for a couple of season tickets. It is very, very unlikely matches will be played at the Liberty. When this is confirmed I would like a refund, with the option to re purchase when we can return.
ST update on 10:24 - May 22 with 1839 viewsAngelRangelQS

ST update on 00:20 - May 22 by dunvantjack100

You are quite literally not being dictated to. If you want the refund you can have it.

The stick Birch is coming under for trying to manage the finances is quite simply astonishing. Yes the money should be coming from higher powers but that isn’t going to happen, he is doing what he can for the benefit of the club, not himself.

I wonder whether he could have perhaps tried to "manage the finances" by looking a bit closer to home before he started guilt tripping the fans. Until the players, Birch and Cooper (whatever he's being paid, it's too much) take a share in this, they shouldn't expect the fans to.

Ayew, Dyer, Routledge, Naughton and to a lesser extent VHD have earned astonishing money from this club during the good times. Perhaps now they can give something back whilst they're sat at home doing nothing.

And, once they've done that, maybe then they can come to the fans.
ST update on 10:56 - May 22 with 1803 viewsjack247

I would happily accept £84 off the price of next season. Completely appreciate lots of people have already renewed and could only do that via a refund.

I’d also be ok with streaming. Obviously can stream games anyway, but at least the club are offering a reasonable solution.

Vouchers for merchandise that will soon be out of date and they’ll be happy to get rid of is taking the piss. Most adults I know don’t buy replica kits etc anyway.
ST update on 11:05 - May 22 with 1787 viewsJinxy

ST update on 10:56 - May 22 by jack247

I would happily accept £84 off the price of next season. Completely appreciate lots of people have already renewed and could only do that via a refund.

I’d also be ok with streaming. Obviously can stream games anyway, but at least the club are offering a reasonable solution.

Vouchers for merchandise that will soon be out of date and they’ll be happy to get rid of is taking the piss. Most adults I know don’t buy replica kits etc anyway.

My understanding is that the refund mooted is for this season, not next. Next season is a whole different issue, given the uncertainty.
ST update on 11:16 - May 22 with 1767 viewsDarran

ST update on 10:24 - May 22 by AngelRangelQS

I wonder whether he could have perhaps tried to "manage the finances" by looking a bit closer to home before he started guilt tripping the fans. Until the players, Birch and Cooper (whatever he's being paid, it's too much) take a share in this, they shouldn't expect the fans to.

Ayew, Dyer, Routledge, Naughton and to a lesser extent VHD have earned astonishing money from this club during the good times. Perhaps now they can give something back whilst they're sat at home doing nothing.

And, once they've done that, maybe then they can come to the fans.

As much as I agree you should be calling out the current and ex owners before any of them.
Ćunts that should hang their heads in shame and never be seen at a Swans game again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ST update on 11:35 - May 22 with 1740 viewsJBT95

ST update on 14:40 - May 21 by Darran

Don’t bother I’ll do it.

So out of Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Joe Rodon, Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes, Aldo Kalulu, Conor Gallagher, Andre Ayew; Rhian Brewster.

We’ll have Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes left. lol

That might not be a bad thing.

Having so many loan players this season might be why the club survives.
ST update on 11:52 - May 22 with 1717 viewsjack247

ST update on 11:05 - May 22 by Jinxy

My understanding is that the refund mooted is for this season, not next. Next season is a whole different issue, given the uncertainty.

Yeah, that’s more my suggestion. I know that Birch didn’t mention it as an option and it would be hard to do as some have already renewed and some won’t renew. Hope it’s an option for people in my situation.
ST update on 12:43 - May 22 with 1682 viewsNeath_Jack

Those saying why don't the players take a pay cut, why should they?

If the company you are working for now, said things are a bit quiet due to the pandemic, will you take a 30% pay cut please. What is your answer, and what is the difference between you and them (ignore the size of the wage, that's a different argument for me)

Genuine questions, because I can't make my mind up on where i stand with them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

ST update on 13:02 - May 22 with 1667 viewsmonmouth

ST update on 12:43 - May 22 by Neath_Jack

If the company you are working for now, said things are a bit quiet due to the pandemic, will you take a 30% pay cut please. What is your answer, and what is the difference between you and them (ignore the size of the wage, that's a different argument for me)

That is exactly what is happening in many organisations though. Redundancies and pay cuts.

Would you expect your customers to pay for services they did or will not receive so that you could avoid pay cuts and redundancies?

Edit, normal rules can't be applied here is the problem. The massive salaries and attachment of the 'customers' means it's impossible. My logic is that any pain should be at least shared and those that can far more easily bear the pain should be first, not last, in line.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ST update on 13:16 - May 22 with 1641 viewssplJack

Lots of companies have already implemented % pay cuts across all employees to weather the storm.
My mates company reduced all salaries by 25% at the start of April,and he's not on championship footballers money.

Of course the players and staff should take a hit first. Their contacts are worth ff@ck all if the club goes under.
ST update on 13:18 - May 22 with 1636 viewspencoedjack

I have taken a 10% pay cut for 3 months to hopefully eliminate the risk of redundancies moving forward.

I work for a large US company.
ST update on 13:21 - May 22 with 1630 viewsPhil_S

Its a good question. Company I work for took a viewpoint that there was less work, we as an exec team were doing less travelling and therefore asked (told) we needed to take a 20% paycut for three months (April-June) and possibly beyond

The Q&A that we were given had the line - what is the alternative? The answer was possible redundancies (as Monny has alluded to which is what other companies have done)

My workload as it turns out is the same now as it was prior to the pandemic. The travelling I dont do was largely done outside the normal working day anyway so I havent gained there but I get 20% less pay at this point in time. The only comfort I get is that my expenditure is down due to so many places being closed so the real impact is probably smaller than 20% and I realise I am fortunate to an extent at being reasonably well paid anyway (not to professional footballer level I hasten to add )

The result really was that people took the paycut because it was better than any potential redundancy situation and it also means the company believes they have a better chance to survive the pandemic. Would I have volunteered to take it? Of course not but, like many (most?) industries it was placed on the table as an option.

The article yesterday I feel would have been better received anyway if it wasn't for the fact that the person who wrote it has experienced no cut of his own but the people it was aimed at have.

From my perspective the four remaining games of this season are neither here nor there to me personally (but I totally know they are for others) but next season is a different matter - I am more concerned though with retaining my seat should I decide to take a refund rather than use up any "gimmicks" that should be offered.

And the option of a refund should be there for everyone which I believe it will be
ST update on 13:28 - May 22 with 1615 viewsthornabyswan

ST update on 13:21 - May 22 by Phil_S

Its a good question. Company I work for took a viewpoint that there was less work, we as an exec team were doing less travelling and therefore asked (told) we needed to take a 20% paycut for three months (April-June) and possibly beyond

The Q&A that we were given had the line - what is the alternative? The answer was possible redundancies (as Monny has alluded to which is what other companies have done)

My workload as it turns out is the same now as it was prior to the pandemic. The travelling I dont do was largely done outside the normal working day anyway so I havent gained there but I get 20% less pay at this point in time. The only comfort I get is that my expenditure is down due to so many places being closed so the real impact is probably smaller than 20% and I realise I am fortunate to an extent at being reasonably well paid anyway (not to professional footballer level I hasten to add )

The result really was that people took the paycut because it was better than any potential redundancy situation and it also means the company believes they have a better chance to survive the pandemic. Would I have volunteered to take it? Of course not but, like many (most?) industries it was placed on the table as an option.

The article yesterday I feel would have been better received anyway if it wasn't for the fact that the person who wrote it has experienced no cut of his own but the people it was aimed at have.

From my perspective the four remaining games of this season are neither here nor there to me personally (but I totally know they are for others) but next season is a different matter - I am more concerned though with retaining my seat should I decide to take a refund rather than use up any "gimmicks" that should be offered.

And the option of a refund should be there for everyone which I believe it will be

Seems planet Swans is at odds with social media twitter facebook Etc.

Wales on line reporting most fans are happy to help out if it keeps the club afloat.

On a seperate note Wales on line also stating the Championship clubs are in talks for a breakaway PL2.

Which will bring in additional revenue if agreed.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:30]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

ST update on 13:28 - May 22 with 1615 viewsJinxy

ST update on 13:21 - May 22 by Phil_S

I think there would be an entirely different approach and mood from the fans towards resisting refunds if the chairman and players had already shared the burden Phil - you seem to think the same. I presume this would be represented by the Trust?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024