Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden trumps Hilary 07:42 - May 23 with 5917 viewsHighjack

Remember when Hilary decided to perform the master stroke in how to win votes and influence people by labelling half the electorate “a basket of deplorables”? Well that lovable child sniffing old scamp Joe Biden has gone one better by suggesting that if black people consider voting for the other guy “they ain’t black”. Where do they find these people? What a massive tit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52773555

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Biden trumps Hilary on 07:47 - May 23 with 3941 viewsdickythorpe

America, nothing to see hear.
OTT soundbites, stupid slogans, alphabet soups of abbreviations, acronyms and verbal diarrhoea.

Same as it ever was.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 7:53]
Biden trumps Hilary on 08:06 - May 23 with 3905 viewsPegojack

Yes, he's a real knob. He should have said something sensible like 'drink bleach to protect yourself against corona virus'.
Biden trumps Hilary on 08:27 - May 23 with 3880 viewsLohengrin

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:06 - May 23 by Pegojack

Yes, he's a real knob. He should have said something sensible like 'drink bleach to protect yourself against corona virus'.

Biden’s a genuine idiot mind, Peg. Can you remember him back in the ‘80s being hauled over the coals for having plagiarised verbatim one of Kinnock’s conference speeches and attempting to pass it off as his own?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:38 - May 23 with 3866 viewsPegojack

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:27 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Biden’s a genuine idiot mind, Peg. Can you remember him back in the ‘80s being hauled over the coals for having plagiarised verbatim one of Kinnock’s conference speeches and attempting to pass it off as his own?

I agree, in fact I despair that he's the Democratic candidate. It seems to me that we have a parallel situation to the recent British election. Anyone else should be a shoo-in, so they go and select the most totally unsuitable candidate possible. In fact, looking at him tottering around, I'm not sure he'll last until November.
Biden trumps Hilary on 08:49 - May 23 with 3849 viewsLohengrin

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:38 - May 23 by Pegojack

I agree, in fact I despair that he's the Democratic candidate. It seems to me that we have a parallel situation to the recent British election. Anyone else should be a shoo-in, so they go and select the most totally unsuitable candidate possible. In fact, looking at him tottering around, I'm not sure he'll last until November.

What is he now? 78 or thereabouts?

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:54 - May 23 with 3836 viewsPegojack

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:49 - May 23 by Lohengrin

What is he now? 78 or thereabouts?

Biden trumps Hilary on 09:03 - May 23 with 3826 viewsLohengrin

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:54 - May 23 by Pegojack

Not exactly an eidolon of virile new thinking then.

Biden trumps Hilary on 09:17 - May 23 with 3810 viewsBest_loser

He was only chosen because polling showed he would win back voters in key states who voted for trump
Login to get fewer ads

Biden trumps Hilary on 11:56 - May 23 with 3730 viewsGreatBritton

Biden trumps Hilary on 09:03 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Not exactly an eidolon of virile new thinking then.

But maybe there's a parallax effect?
Biden trumps Hilary on 12:33 - May 23 with 3704 viewsJackSomething

Theresa May used portions of a speech from a TV show, Melania Trump used part of a speech by Michelle Obama and so on...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-speech-latest-updates

Always amusing which people choose to highlight based on their personal politics.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Biden trumps Hilary on 12:36 - May 23 with 3700 viewsDr_Winston

His VP pick should be interesting given the high probability that they may end up inheriting the big job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:03 - May 23 with 3654 viewsmonmouth

Biden trumps Hilary on 12:36 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

His VP pick should be interesting given the high probability that they may end up inheriting the big job.

Trump will be voted back in, or whatever psycho replaces him if he kills himself beforehand. As pego said, the democrats have picked a Corbyn. Also, America is a bigger basket case than we are and is determined to self harm by believiving that voting for a bunch of money grabbing, self centered, liars and morons is a sensible move to give them better lives.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:07 - May 23 with 3647 viewsDJack

You are quite correct to highlight that but I'm a little bemused that you aren't posting almost daily on Trump's or Bojo's stupidity. It's almost as if the poster who derides "all politicians" might have a bias which he demonstrates often...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:08 - May 23 with 3646 viewsHighjack

Forget Trump for a second. That buffoon is irrelevant here.

The notion that the way you think, the way you act, the opinions you hold and the way you vote is entirely defined by your skin colour is inherently nasty right?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:10 - May 23 with 3644 viewsHighjack

Biden trumps Hilary on 08:27 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Well if he’s copying such famously gifted orators and serial success stories like Neil Kinnock then he can’t fail to win.

Biden trumps Hilary on 15:25 - May 23 with 3607 viewsHighjack

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:07 - May 23 by DJack

You are quite correct to highlight that but I'm a little bemused that you aren't posting almost daily on Trump's or Bojo's stupidity. It's almost as if the poster who derides "all politicians" might have a bias which he demonstrates often...

I’m certain that if I demonstrate it often you’ll be able to highlight a few examples of my undying love for Trump and the Tories?

I’ve called him a buffoon in this thread alone FFS.

Biden trumps Hilary on 15:31 - May 23 with 3604 viewsDJack

Biden trumps Hilary on 15:25 - May 23 by Highjack

I’m certain that if I demonstrate it often you’ll be able to highlight a few examples of my undying love for Trump and the Tories?

I’ve called him a buffoon in this thread alone FFS.

I'm well aware that you on occasion point out their stupidity I merely commentted on the fact that you let vast amounts of relevent idiocy on their part go by.

I'm sure that you can point out where I said that you had "undying love for Trump and the Tories"...I'll wait

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Biden trumps Hilary on 15:57 - May 23 with 3585 viewsPegojack

Biden trumps Hilary on 14:08 - May 23 by Highjack

Forget Trump for a second. That buffoon is irrelevant here.

The notion that the way you think, the way you act, the opinions you hold and the way you vote is entirely defined by your skin colour is inherently nasty right?

I think his wording was very poorly chosen, which just highlights what I said about him being, as Monny said, Corbyn Mark II.
However, the underlying point is right - the rights and living standards of black people in America are the very last things on President Chump's mind, after when he's going to take his next dump.
Biden trumps Hilary on 17:07 - May 23 with 3547 viewsHighjack

Biden trumps Hilary on 15:31 - May 23 by DJack

I'm well aware that you on occasion point out their stupidity I merely commentted on the fact that you let vast amounts of relevent idiocy on their part go by.

I'm sure that you can point out where I said that you had "undying love for Trump and the Tories"...I'll wait

The clear and obvious insinuation was I have a clear and obvious bias that I am constantly clearly and obviously demonstrating. Also, clearly and obviously the undying love comment was clearly and obviously hyperbolic, but that was clear and obvious.

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:02 - May 23 with 3526 viewsDJack

Biden trumps Hilary on 17:07 - May 23 by Highjack

The clear and obvious insinuation was I have a clear and obvious bias that I am constantly clearly and obviously demonstrating. Also, clearly and obviously the undying love comment was clearly and obviously hyperbolic, but that was clear and obvious.

Yes, but your posting style has always had an ambiguity about it which you have, on occasion utilised as part of your arguement. You also use your good sense of humour to suddenly post humour/stupid comment as a means of distraction when aother poster is having their arse handed to them - also clear and obvious. We both talk hyperbollicks - clear and obvious.

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:15 - May 23 with 3520 viewsHighjack

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:02 - May 23 by DJack

Yes, but your posting style has always had an ambiguity about it which you have, on occasion utilised as part of your arguement. You also use your good sense of humour to suddenly post humour/stupid comment as a means of distraction when aother poster is having their arse handed to them - also clear and obvious. We both talk hyperbollicks - clear and obvious.

I think the ambiguity stems from the leaping to conclusions people make where they assume that if somebody criticises Labour then they must be a Tory and vice versa. I have made no secret over the years of my aversion to the partisan party politics system. I hate the way people follow a party with blind faith and loyalty regardless of how bad they are like it’s a football team.

As for American politics I’ve long quoted Trey Parker and Matt Stones take on the issue in South Park, the greatest and most cutting work of satire of the 21st century where they label every election as a contest between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Biden has said something crass and stupid which has made worldwide headlines. It was literally the first headline I saw this morning when I got in from work. I thought it was interesting and posted it thinking we would have a good discussion on the issue of the day. But it’s descended almost immediately into whataboutery regarding Trump and accusations of bias against myself.

It’s bonkers.

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:44 - May 23 with 3497 viewschad

Except that is not what Trump said is it?

(And be careful someone might be along to accuse you of whataboutery. Perhaps considered OK though, depending on what side the argument is taking?)

Trump’s comments were highly inadvisable given his position of power. However he was commenting on how easily and rapidly disinfectant can kill the virus, and asking scientists if we could do something ‘]like that’.

In a similar way to which the Pasteur Institute has hypothesised that Nicotine May protect against COVID-19. Initiating studies into that, after other studies indicated that smokers were 4x less likely to contract the disease.

Perhaps Trump with his simplistic logic, should point out to them that it may be the general smoke and not the Nicotine that is the defence. Although the fact that Nicotine has been used in insecticides, could be a clue as to why they singled that out.

Strange though I don’t see anyone universally taking the p out of the renowned Pasteur Institute, even though they were forced to put restrictions on nicotine product purchases in France after making that public. Nicotine is toxic, and fatal even at low dosages, yet I imagine people see it as more attractive consumable than disinfectant.

Of course outside the few who think ingesting poison is the ultimate protection, many more people are likely to take up smoking (with its associated massive health risks) given the Pasteur Institute has added validity to it offering 4x the protection of the average immune system against COVID-19.

I would also suggest, those that use the likes of Dettol spray (which flies off the shelves in the supermarkets) have potentially for years been happily and voluntarily exposing their lungs to ‘treatment’ as they inhale its powerful fumes.

Anyway back to Biden’s comments. I suppose they share some similarity to accusations on here, that the reason people voted Brexit is because they hate ‘brown people’. Pretty despicable really. Also quite ironic given EU countries have predominantly light skinned residents. But some people are willing to flog any divisive hate, to offensively peddle their obsessive one eyed politics
Biden trumps Hilary on 18:45 - May 23 with 3495 viewsDJack

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:15 - May 23 by Highjack

I think the ambiguity stems from the leaping to conclusions people make where they assume that if somebody criticises Labour then they must be a Tory and vice versa. I have made no secret over the years of my aversion to the partisan party politics system. I hate the way people follow a party with blind faith and loyalty regardless of how bad they are like it’s a football team.

As for American politics I’ve long quoted Trey Parker and Matt Stones take on the issue in South Park, the greatest and most cutting work of satire of the 21st century where they label every election as a contest between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Biden has said something crass and stupid which has made worldwide headlines. It was literally the first headline I saw this morning when I got in from work. I thought it was interesting and posted it thinking we would have a good discussion on the issue of the day. But it’s descended almost immediately into whataboutery regarding Trump and accusations of bias against myself.

It’s bonkers.

Aye, I get that mate but as I stated there is tonnes more stupidity out there which you never touch on even though you often point out your political party antipathy. All that you have posted above, I'm aware of but your frequent statements that you dislike of them all is not married up with the bulk of your comments and therefore I often see this jarring mis-match. I've NEVER assumed you were a Tory or any other party what I do suspect (and it is ultimately irrelevent) is that you are slightly conservative in your views and that is, truely, fine.

If I've pissed you off then I'm sorry but like you I'm not happy that the so called first world nations governments are inept, full of cronyism and myopic ideology and scant regard for their own populace and those others around the planet - these people are getting away murder... well, unnecessary suffering, poverty and Covid deaths etc. They need calling out all the time and we need to be aware of atempts by others to claim bothsiderism and claims that perhaps the truth is "somewhere between the competeing arguments".

I'm also pissed off that I was dragged out shopping! (No I did not go into the shops with my other-half)

Biden trumps Hilary on 20:26 - May 23 with 3450 viewsHighjack

Biden trumps Hilary on 18:45 - May 23 by DJack

Aye, I get that mate but as I stated there is tonnes more stupidity out there which you never touch on even though you often point out your political party antipathy. All that you have posted above, I'm aware of but your frequent statements that you dislike of them all is not married up with the bulk of your comments and therefore I often see this jarring mis-match. I've NEVER assumed you were a Tory or any other party what I do suspect (and it is ultimately irrelevent) is that you are slightly conservative in your views and that is, truely, fine.

If I've pissed you off then I'm sorry but like you I'm not happy that the so called first world nations governments are inept, full of cronyism and myopic ideology and scant regard for their own populace and those others around the planet - these people are getting away murder... well, unnecessary suffering, poverty and Covid deaths etc. They need calling out all the time and we need to be aware of atempts by others to claim bothsiderism and claims that perhaps the truth is "somewhere between the competeing arguments".

I'm also pissed off that I was dragged out shopping! (No I did not go into the shops with my other-half)

It is probably fair to say that the majority of my arbitrary sardonic musings are directed more at the Labour Party and the left, but that doesn’t make me conservative. In fact I’m probably about as liberal as you can get on most issues. The Tories are Tories, you know what to expect from them and they never disappoint. It doesn’t need pointing out as often. Especially on here, a forum which is possibly one of the most left wing/pro labour on the whole internet. Someone else usually gets there first.

One thing that grinds my gears more than anything it’s this nasty, insidious form of identity politics that had crept in the last decade or two which tends to be (but not always) the tenet of Labour and the modern left. It’s not helpful, it’s a barrier to progress and it’s probably the primary reason I am completely turned off by labour, although there are other reasons. What we’ve seen from Biden today is a prime example. It’s utterly horrible. One of the rallying cries from the civil rights movement was we should judge each other by the content of our character, not the colour of our skin. What a lovely thought that is. But it’s gone completely out of the window. You’re black therefore you have to vote for Biden. Your skin colour is the defining feature of how you vote according to Biden. Your unique individuality, those millions of thoughts and feelings that flicker through your brain everyday, those unique life experiences that make you the person you are doesn’t matter because your black and therefore have to be a Democrat. What’s that? You’re a man who likes to play with other men’s penises? Well you must be a Democrat too. If you vote for Trump you aren’t gay.

It’s just utter base level thinking for morons. It’s not a bad thing to demand better from our so called leaders, many of whom we wouldn’t even trust to run a bath, let alone a country.

In summary if I do focus my ire more on the modern left or labour it doesn’t automatically make me right wing, it’s largely because they personally annoy me significantly more because I see their absurd behaviour as a massive barrier to any significant progress to all the things they profess to care about and society as a whole yet they are too engrossed in their bollocks to see it.

Biden trumps Hilary on 00:48 - May 24 with 3401 viewsThrasher6

I agree with the posts on here....but we are confusing voters with being remotely intelligent in any shape or form...at any significant level. Churchill quote...and he probably didnt actually say it...but the sentiment is 100%...and it's absolutely 100% right...100% f#cking right
" The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
[Post edited 24 May 2020 0:56]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024