Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Home schooling experience 10:33 - May 24 with 377 viewsCatullus

First up you realise how hard a job teachers have, maybe it's harder at home with so many distractions.
Second you realise how much you had forgotten but there's been another revelation, not a nice one.
We mved our son to a new school, he'd had some problems in his previous school and the causes and effects of it weren't going away. So new school, new start and it was going very well then the virus hit. So at home we are looking at the info the school sends and trying to get our son to do his work, that's where it hit home. His previous school had a better ofsted ranking than his new school yet a lot of work he's been getting causes problems because he keeps saying he's never been taught it, some of it seems quite basic.
I wish now we had fetched all his school books from his last school to show his new teacher so we could judge where he is. His old school (and I have complained about it before) is a pioneer school for the new curriculum and it seems to me if they were putting in and using the new curriculum and our son is behind other kids in other schools then all they have done is to dumb it down.
Both schools tell/told us our son is bright, it's his last year of Primary school, 3 years ago he was ahead of the curve but now he's behind and of course the lockdown is making that worse for all kids. It's worrying that schools (specifically his previous school) could be so bad yet given good ratings.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024