Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The return of football 12:12 - May 24 with 4598 viewsDarran

People are being very silly aren’t they?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The return of football on 19:10 - May 26 with 1245 viewsperplex

The return of football on 07:36 - May 26 by Whiterockin

Disagree.

Putting football on hold does not mean keeping everything shut down. Football in my mind is not a priority at the moment, yes everything needs to start to move forward, but football can wait. After all what is football without supporters.

It is pretty essential for football clubs to start asap for many clubs to survive mun, football is just as much a priority as other business outlets the longer they are kept from trading the more chance the business ceases to exist, and you feel its not a priority, also no sport will have supporters for a while so would you rather these sports not gain there revenue and survive through other outlets because there will be no supporters in attendance.
The return of football on 19:45 - May 26 with 1228 viewsNotLoyal

The return of football on 16:09 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

Funny how being threatened with relegation makes teams more susceptible to Covid.

Footballers are young, healthy and very fit. They're at miniscule risk of developing serious problems as a result of contracting it and will be monitored far more closely than most. Set a date to resume and get on with it.

It’s weird, I know one response you got from dgt, sorry tw@t in exile was pathetic, but I agree wholeheartedly, it’s baffling 🤔

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The return of football on 15:21 - May 28 with 1136 viewsWhiterockin

First Premier League game June 17th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725
The return of football on 20:46 - May 28 with 1088 viewsFergal

The return of football on 15:21 - May 28 by Whiterockin

First Premier League game June 17th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725

Every remaining game to be shown live on one channel or another.

Four live games on BBC. The first live top flight football on the Beeb since March 1988.
The return of football on 20:55 - May 28 with 1081 viewssainthelens

Be interested to see if the struggling teams try to postpone games ( players contracting covid) thus leaving a problematic backlog.
Or my being too cynical?
The return of football on 23:42 - May 28 with 1042 viewslifelong

The Premier League is to complete it’s fixtures where the champions and the champions league places will be decided. What is happening regarding the relegation places?
Surely the championship fixtures will also have to be completed for 3 clubs to be relegated from the premier league to be replaced by 3 clubs promoted from the championship???
The return of football on 23:50 - May 28 with 1040 viewsSwanjaxs

The return of football on 23:42 - May 28 by lifelong

The Premier League is to complete it’s fixtures where the champions and the champions league places will be decided. What is happening regarding the relegation places?
Surely the championship fixtures will also have to be completed for 3 clubs to be relegated from the premier league to be replaced by 3 clubs promoted from the championship???

The Championship will be completed 100 %
[Post edited 28 May 2020 23:50]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The return of football on 02:34 - May 29 with 997 viewsGlyn1

The return of football on 07:36 - May 26 by Whiterockin

Disagree.

Putting football on hold does not mean keeping everything shut down. Football in my mind is not a priority at the moment, yes everything needs to start to move forward, but football can wait. After all what is football without supporters.

I disagree with your disagreement.

Football is an industry, and it's an important one for this country with a worldwide following. It boosts people's morale and helps keep them sane. If other people can go back to work, then I don't see any reason why footballers shouldn't, although I hope that they will be given the choice not to do so if they so wish.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The return of football on 08:42 - May 29 with 926 viewsNotLoyal

The return of football on 20:55 - May 28 by sainthelens

Be interested to see if the struggling teams try to postpone games ( players contracting covid) thus leaving a problematic backlog.
Or my being too cynical?

No, it’s been a thing since testing started.

OK I've changed it.

The return of football on 10:57 - May 29 with 891 viewsHighjack

The return of football on 20:55 - May 28 by sainthelens

Or my being too cynical?

Under the new test and trace rules if one player tests positive everyone they’ve been in contact with needs to isolate for fourteen days. They’ve just voted to start contact training so that would be the whole squad and coaching staff out for fourteen days.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The return of football on 12:14 - May 29 with 868 viewssainthelens

The return of football on 10:57 - May 29 by Highjack

Under the new test and trace rules if one player tests positive everyone they’ve been in contact with needs to isolate for fourteen days. They’ve just voted to start contact training so that would be the whole squad and coaching staff out for fourteen days.

Great point, and therein lies the problems ahead.
Clearly not been thought through.
The return of football on 12:42 - May 29 with 852 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Presumably the whole squad and coaching staff would be tested 48 hours later and those that are negative can carry on?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The return of football on 13:35 - May 29 with 835 viewsNotLoyal

That will suit the bottom three in any league.

OK I've changed it.

The return of football on 16:26 - May 29 with 803 viewsHighjack

The return of football on 12:42 - May 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Presumably the whole squad and coaching staff would be tested 48 hours later and those that are negative can carry on?

Possibly but it could be easily abused, and we all know how unscrupulous football clubs can be. And because there’s a certain right to privacy regarding personal health it would be easy to get around.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The return of football on 17:01 - May 29 with 781 viewskarnataka

The return of football on 18:03 - May 24 by dunvantjack100

Less than 1% of staff and players tested positive, more players will miss out through injury. Get on with it.

Maybe so, but when a player goes home with an injury, his family don't become injured as well.
The return of football on 18:14 - May 29 with 764 viewsCatullus

The return of football on 23:50 - May 28 by Swanjaxs

The Championship will be completed 100 %
[Post edited 28 May 2020 23:50]

So Norwich are saying if the Championship isn't finished they shouldn't be relegated. A number of Championship clubs are holding out against retarting, I reckon they might be the clubs in the play offs or on the fringes of relegation. A PPG finish probably relegates the current bottom 3 and sees the play off clubs stay there too. What would they do with play offs though?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-return-dates-june-17-tv

I'd said way bck that maybe football could go on behind closed doors but I haven't missed it and now I'm not convinced ot should restart yet. I guess any of the mooted problems may not happen, we'll see.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The return of football on 19:10 - May 29 with 755 viewsHighjack

The return of football on 17:01 - May 29 by karnataka

Maybe so, but when a player goes home with an injury, his family don't become injured as well.

Yes, unless they are Ulrika Johnson.

The return of football on 21:23 - Jun 6 with 641 viewsDr_Winston

Current infection rate based on six rounds of tests is 0.2%.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024