Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haverfordwest County 16:42 - May 27 with 13095 viewsTenbySwan

A London business man has bought Haverfordwest County, has become the new chairman and is 'going to take them to the next level 😁

Now where have we heard that before!

Apparently he is going to make them the top.team in the Welsh Premier League, ( I was going to say top.team in Wales , but I didn't want.upset our friends down the road).
Haverfordwest County on 16:50 - May 27 with 8912 viewsdickythorpe

They've had a lot of cash invested for decades without getting major honours.
Allchurch played there years ago as did Trundle up to fairly recently.

Geographically they are at a disadvantage, so much ferry, freight and tourist traffic let alone local.

You get stuck at Pont Abraham, Nantycaws, Carmarthen then at Slebech which can add easily an hour or 2 onto your journey time.
Haverfordwest County on 18:03 - May 27 with 8826 viewsjohnlangy

Actually with the nickname Bluebirds that would be an intriguing prospect.
Haverfordwest County on 22:00 - May 27 with 8659 viewsChief

Haverfordwest County on 16:50 - May 27 by dickythorpe

Geographically they are at a disadvantage, so much ferry, freight and tourist traffic let alone local.

You get stuck at Pont Abraham, Nantycaws, Carmarthen then at Slebech which can add easily an hour or 2 onto your journey time.

Someone should do something with that spooky church in Slebech. Big cafe or something - captive audience with the constant traffic jams.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Haverfordwest County on 22:05 - May 27 with 8648 viewspencoedjack

If ever I win a bit of dosh on the lottery Pencoed would be playing in the Welsh league.

Imagine it would be a lot of fun doing it with local team.

Obviously the Swans would see a big Euro million win pis*ed away pretty quickly.
Haverfordwest County on 22:08 - May 27 with 8644 viewslifelong

Quite a few very good local players went to play there as far back as the 60’s...a nice ground.
Haverfordwest County on 22:21 - May 27 with 8628 viewsdickythorpe

Haverfordwest County on 22:00 - May 27 by Chief

Someone should do something with that spooky church in Slebech. Big cafe or something - captive audience with the constant traffic jams.

It was built back to front, the Altar at the wrong end.

I worked with a Welsh speaking old boy who when things went wrong would always say "Mae'n fúcking Slebech!"
Haverfordwest County on 22:58 - May 27 with 8586 viewsJack_Kass

If he's serious then they could challenge TNS and the league will be better for 2 competitive teams. Saying that, Connahs Quay were given the league by default last week

Surprised he didnt go for Barry Town or Cardiff Met, but maybe he has a personal connection at Haverfordwest

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Haverfordwest County on 23:33 - May 27 with 8550 viewsbuilthjack

Haverfordwest County on 22:08 - May 27 by lifelong

Quite a few very good local players went to play there as far back as the 60’s...a nice ground.

The whole team was from Swansea in the mid eighties. A bus to and from Haverfordwest each game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Haverfordwest County on 07:37 - May 28 with 8454 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Haverfordwest County on 23:33 - May 27 by builthjack

The whole team was from Swansea in the mid eighties. A bus to and from Haverfordwest each game.

You can add the mid 90’s to that.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Haverfordwest County on 08:54 - May 28 with 8402 viewstheloneranger

Haverfordwest County on 16:50 - May 27 by dickythorpe

4 Allchurch brothers played there - Ivor, Len, Charlie and Arthur ... Plus Mel Charles, Ronnie Rees, Stan Richards and many more ex pros.

Ray Davies from Townhill was a player and manager there for many years.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Haverfordwest County on 10:41 - May 28 with 8317 views1462jack

Haverfordwest County on 07:37 - May 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

You can add the mid 90’s to that.

A friend of mine Richard Gay held the most goals scored in a season down there for years
Haverfordwest County on 11:14 - May 28 with 8294 viewstheloneranger

Haverfordwest County on 10:41 - May 28 by 1462jack

A friend of mine Richard Gay held the most goals scored in a season down there for years

Lovely guy Richard, a natural goalscorer who scored loads of goals for West End as well ... and was player manager at Briton Ferry.

He also represented Wales in the "over age group" Internationals.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Haverfordwest County on 11:23 - May 28 with 8280 viewswestwalesed

That is so so spooky, I was thinking the other day that a buyout of Haverfordwest makes perfect sense. You've got the "Pembrokeshire" brand, it's a good club with good facilities (for the level). Look at what Connahs Quay have done? The money for qualifying for the CL is crazy good for such small clubs and represents an attractive investment for a business person.

Exciting times!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Haverfordwest County on 12:13 - May 28 with 8258 viewsTenbySwan

I used to watch a bit at Carmarthen a few years but it was the same journeymen, ok but nothing to write home about that did the rounds from Llanelli to Neath to Port Talbot to Carmarthen to Bridgend, Barry etc,

Very stagnant and going nowhere, poor crowds, the only one to add a bit of excitement was Lee Trundle who was head and shoulders above anyone at nearly 40.

When was the last time a player from WPL went onto the football league. Owain Tudur Jones and Delaney were a long time ago.

The academies at these clubs are sh!te.
Haverfordwest County on 12:18 - May 28 with 8252 viewsBillyChong

Haverfordwest County on 12:13 - May 28 by TenbySwan

I used to watch a bit at Carmarthen a few years but it was the same journeymen, ok but nothing to write home about that did the rounds from Llanelli to Neath to Port Talbot to Carmarthen to Bridgend, Barry etc,

Very stagnant and going nowhere, poor crowds, the only one to add a bit of excitement was Lee Trundle who was head and shoulders above anyone at nearly 40.

When was the last time a player from WPL went onto the football league. Owain Tudur Jones and Delaney were a long time ago.

To be fair it’s hardly a small jump is it. Just the lower football league pyramid to bypass on the way.
Haverfordwest County on 13:59 - May 28 with 8200 viewswestwalesed

I know I've said this a million times but if there was a club in the Cymru Premier with an excellent set up then the Swans should be sending out their youngsters on loan. They would get great experience playing in the qualifying rounds in Europe for example.

Cabango really benefitted from his time at TNS.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Haverfordwest County on 14:54 - May 28 with 8181 viewsdickythorpe

Hopefully Carmarthen Town have been relegated...I say hopefully cos they do not represent the town. They train up in Cwmbran!!!! Most of the players are from South and East Wales
Youngsters were loaned out and forgotten about.
Fingers crossed these local youngsters come back and can represent the town they were born in.
Haverfordwest County on 15:27 - May 28 with 8156 viewsKilkennyjack

Haverfordwest County on 13:59 - May 28 by westwalesed

I know I've said this a million times but if there was a club in the Cymru Premier with an excellent set up then the Swans should be sending out their youngsters on loan. They would get great experience playing in the qualifying rounds in Europe for example.

Cabango really benefitted from his time at TNS.

Totally agree.

Be good for both the young Swans players and the Cymru league.

I think Penybont loaned 2 young players from Cardiff last year...?

Beware of the Risen People

Haverfordwest County on 19:48 - May 29 with 7918 viewsChief

A TNS player went to Port Vale a few years back. And Wimbledon signed a Cardiff Met striker.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Haverfordwest County on 20:12 - May 29 with 7885 viewsjedijack

My uncle played there during the early 80's, remember going to watch him most weekends with my dad.

He was on Manchester United books at one point and was very highly thought of in the mid 70's
Haverfordwest County on 20:24 - May 29 with 7876 viewsSwanjaxs

Most of the Haverfordwest team in the 80's were Jacks, Donny Smitham, Spider Jones to name a couple.

Back then Welsh league players could play Swansea Sunday league, can honestly say the SSL Div 1 was far higher quality wise than the Saturday version by a country mile

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Haverfordwest County on 20:56 - May 29 with 7864 viewsbuilthjack

Haverfordwest County on 20:24 - May 29 by Swanjaxs

Most of the Haverfordwest team in the 80's were Jacks, Donny Smitham, Spider Jones to name a couple.

Back then Welsh league players could play Swansea Sunday league, can honestly say the SSL Div 1 was far higher quality wise than the Saturday version by a country mile

Neil Fredrickson, Charlie Constantini, Sanders to name a few.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Haverfordwest County on 21:05 - May 29 with 7853 viewsDarran

Haverfordwest County on 20:24 - May 29 by Swanjaxs

I remember that Spider Jones bloke,right twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Haverfordwest County on 21:06 - May 29 with 7847 viewsSwanjaxs

Haverfordwest County on 20:56 - May 29 by builthjack

Neil Fredrickson, Charlie Constantini, Sanders to name a few.

Charlie Constantini! Now there's a blast from the past!

Cracking player.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Haverfordwest County on 21:06 - May 29 with 7846 viewsSwanjaxs

Haverfordwest County on 21:05 - May 29 by Darran

I remember that Spider Jones bloke,right twàt.

😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024