Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? 11:25 - May 28 with 3572 viewsBadlands

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 14:03 - May 28 with 3515 viewsMrSwerve

I think that if the season is ended, all positions should be void and ignored. How can a season be decided when there are still games left to play? Especially with the millions of pounds involved. What if the season had been stopped say 2 games in, would positions still be awarded then? Is there any rule that says ‘if x% of the season has been completed, positions are awarded’? I haven’t looked but I don’t think there is.

It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow for teams in good positions, but equally, teams just outside of playoff places will feel hard done by, too. The only winners will be teams doomed to relegation, but that’s the way it is.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:11 - May 28 with 3480 viewssainthelens

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 14:03 - May 28 by MrSwerve

I think that if the season is ended, all positions should be void and ignored. How can a season be decided when there are still games left to play? Especially with the millions of pounds involved. What if the season had been stopped say 2 games in, would positions still be awarded then? Is there any rule that says ‘if x% of the season has been completed, positions are awarded’? I haven’t looked but I don’t think there is.

It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow for teams in good positions, but equally, teams just outside of playoff places will feel hard done by, too. The only winners will be teams doomed to relegation, but that’s the way it is.

Agreed.
And the fact that Lids are up there makes me giggle and snigger somewhat.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:29 - May 28 with 3469 viewsSwanjaxs

With the Premier league starting back up on June 17, the Championship will definitely be finished too.

Play off push anyone 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:35 - May 28 with 3465 viewssainthelens

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:29 - May 28 by Swanjaxs

With the Premier league starting back up on June 17, the Championship will definitely be finished too.

Play off push anyone 🤔

Thank fck we can't get relegated.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 17:15 - May 28 with 3446 viewsdunvantjack100

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 14:03 - May 28 by MrSwerve

Agreed. Although if we were in Leeds position 7 points clear, I’m not sure my stance would be quite the same.

With the Premier league set to continue, teams will be relegated. My guess would be the championship will finish too, but if it didn’t I think they would use the same PPG method and promote the top two.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 18:29 - May 28 with 3397 viewspencoedjack

Norwich awful away trip

Leave it as it is 👍
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 15:30 - May 29 with 3262 viewsDuklaPrague

Definitely Not. Villa have a game in hand. If they win they get out of the bottom 3. They also have the majority of their remaining games at home where they have picked up the majority of their points.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 19:39 - May 29 with 3193 viewsmarchamjack

West Brom should go up.

Leeds shouldn’t as they are Leeds. Plus I’m still pssd off at receiving a 25 year ban from their main WACCOE website which dates back to when we were both going for the Division 1 title and I was having some light-hearted banter with their Neanderthal fans. One messaged me to say he knew where I lived even! I think I still have about 12/13 years to serve.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 21:22 - May 29 with 3166 viewsJohnw102

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:29 - May 28 by Swanjaxs

Play off push anyone 🤔

Can you imagine the Swans in the final and having to sit at home watching it?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 22:00 - May 29 with 3149 viewsmonmouth

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 21:22 - May 29 by Johnw102

No.

Well, to be fair, I can imagine having to sit at home watching the final.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 22:08 - May 29 with 3137 viewsbennytheblue

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 21:22 - May 29 by Johnw102

Imagine it was v us? How weird would that be? Get the feeling it might well happen too, after all, since lockdown began we’ve had almost unbroken sunshine ffs....something is going on.
As for Leeds being given promotion, no way, a few games ago I think they almost slipped to 3rd? Just about to play us too, a game they have rare,y win in 20 years.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 22:59 - May 29 with 3128 viewssainthelens

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 22:08 - May 29 by bennytheblue

Imagine it was v us? How weird would that be? Get the feeling it might well happen too, after all, since lockdown began we’ve had almost unbroken sunshine ffs....something is going on.
As for Leeds being given promotion, no way, a few games ago I think they almost slipped to 3rd? Just about to play us too, a game they have rare,y win in 20 years.

Shame for you if it was. You've such an impeccable Wembley record an all.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 23:03 - May 29 with 3124 viewswestwalesed

Play off push anyone 🤔

I think if this break has helped anyone it could be us. Young team, small squad. I think that is why we started so well and then faded.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 01:14 - May 30 with 3111 viewsLeonWasGod

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 23:03 - May 29 by westwalesed

I think if this break has helped anyone it could be us. Young team, small squad. I think that is why we started so well and then faded.

I think we faded because Cooper and his team aren’t as good as Potter and his team were (except for setting us up to defend set pieces!). That might be harsh as losing McB and Dan would hit anyone. But all the other good performers from last season have been poorer this season and we’ve not looked good as a team. My view anyway.

I also think enough football has been played to decide who goes up and down. Harsh on those who may have defied the odds, but PPG is obviously a fair reflection of performance over the season that could be played. Second option would be to just finish with no promo/relegation. Anything else seems unnecessarily complicated.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 10:04 - May 30 with 3049 viewssainthelens

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 23:03 - May 29 by westwalesed

You'll have better luck trying to predict the lottery numbers than guess how these games will play out. Gonna be impossible to predict ANY results. This is the championship remember and difficult on a normal weekend let alone after all this.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 10:12 - May 30 with 3044 viewsmonmouth

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 01:14 - May 30 by LeonWasGod

I think we faded because Cooper and his team aren’t as good as Potter and his team were (except for setting us up to defend set pieces!). That might be harsh as losing McB and Dan would hit anyone. But all the other good performers from last season have been poorer this season and we’ve not looked good as a team. My view anyway.

I also think enough football has been played to decide who goes up and down. Harsh on those who may have defied the odds, but PPG is obviously a fair reflection of performance over the season that could be played. Second option would be to just finish with no promo/relegation. Anything else seems unnecessarily complicated.

We didn’t really fade, we stopped getting lucky. We should have lost against Hull, Preston, Derby and been buried at Leeds. When the luck evened out we ended up getting the results we deserved.

Cooper is still a fraud that has made good players look shit, improved nobody and reintroduced Monkball with a side dish of Clement. The break will not have helped one bit with that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 13:09 - May 30 with 2997 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Current top 12 of Championship should enter a knock out tournament. Once down to 4 teams they should play off against current bottom 4 of PL.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 17:29 - May 30 with 2943 viewssainthelens

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 13:09 - May 30 by Swanseaisgreat

Current top 12 of Championship should enter a knock out tournament. Once down to 4 teams they should play off against current bottom 4 of PL.

Having several beers in this weather not a good idea.
If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 21:20 - May 30 with 2899 viewsSwanjaxs

'EFL confirms 17 positive coronavirus tests'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11997750

Not too bad considering nearly 1200 individuals were tested.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 21:22]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 16:32 - May 31 with 2826 viewsBadlands

If the Cham'p doesn't resume, should WBA & Leeds replace Villa & Norwich in PL? on 10:12 - May 30 by monmouth

We didn’t really fade, we stopped getting lucky. We should have lost against Hull, Preston, Derby and been buried at Leeds. When the luck evened out we ended up getting the results we deserved.

Cooper is still a fraud that has made good players look shit, improved nobody and reintroduced Monkball with a side dish of Clement. The break will not have helped one bit with that.

Last season we had 48 - 46 goals F/A
This season we have 46 - 45 F/A
So although
Dan was exciting and Olly a favourite the difference is very small. And we are 3 points better off.
That said Cooper had a far more settled team, a team with more experience and access to players who weren't available for much of last season.
Spot on in you analysis of Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024