Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump 07:41 - Jun 2 with 17477 views34dfgdf54

Hiding in a bunker Saddam style according to Anonymous
Donald Trump on 19:02 - Jun 3 with 1177 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 18:55 - Jun 3 by Darran

Comments like this are a disgrace to the cause and do more harm than good imo.

There may be many white Americans that are racist but there are also many millions that aren’t.

That’s been perfectly clear this week.

Give your head a wobble Hump ffs.

I'm quite clearly talking about 1968.
Donald Trump on 19:05 - Jun 3 with 1173 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 18:49 - Jun 3 by Kerouac

Interesting.
"White America" murdered Martin Luther King.
If you are an American with white skin you are guilty.

If this site is anything to go by this country is well and truly f*cked, an outstanding lack of intelligence and rational thought on display across this board.

Thats it, you concentrate on that and ignore all the rest. The majority of white America hates black people speaking out about racism. They hated King and Ali then, they hate Kaepernick now.
Donald Trump on 19:10 - Jun 3 with 1156 viewsDarran

Donald Trump on 19:02 - Jun 3 by Humpty

I'm quite clearly talking about 1968.

Yeah of course you were Kaepernick wasn’t born until 1987.

Get it right ffs. This is not a America it’s people in America.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 19:12 - Jun 3 with 1139 viewsKerouac

Donald Trump on 16:38 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

His son seems to think he would.

It’s perfectly possible to denounce the violence and looting, denounce the racist behaviour of some of the police and denounce the abhorrent rhetoric of the president at the same time.

I find it quite easy to do so.

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

- Martin Luther King

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

- Martin Luther King

" I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood. "

- Martin Luther King

" Look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin."

- Martin Luther King

"I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls. "

- Martin Luther King

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. "

- Martin Luther King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Donald Trump on 19:14 - Jun 3 with 1132 viewsJackinexile1

Donald Trump on 19:27 - Jun 3 with 1106 viewsKerouac

I'll say at the top of this that if anyone has better data than this, which contradicts this, please bring it to the table...given the history of the United States I am open to the idea that their police force might be institutionally racist. I just require proof.

Some DATA

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015.
According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black.
The majority of these victims had a gun or “were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force,” according to Mac Donald in a speech at Hillsdale College.
Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as Mac Donald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.
“Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force,” writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks “commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime” in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city’s population.
“The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black,” MacDonald said. “Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods.”

Donald Trump on 19:28 - Jun 3 with 1108 viewsjasper_T

Donald Trump on 18:28 - Jun 3 by Darran

You on the blob Jasp?

You a sexist, Darren?

Don't need an answer. Go back to sticking up for your mates when they get called out for being racists.
Donald Trump on 19:29 - Jun 3 with 1101 viewsKerouac

Some DATA

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to Mac Donald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

“If we’re going to have a ‘Lives Matter’ anti-police movement, it would be more appropriately named “White and Hispanic Lives Matter,'” said Mac Donald in her Hillsdale speech.

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump on 19:32 - Jun 3 with 1091 viewsKerouac

Some DATA

3. The Post‘s data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man…but this does not tell the whole story.
In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But Mac Donald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:
The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations.
In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment.
Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

Mac Donald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George’s County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer’s holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually “jumped the officer” and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was “fearing for his life.” MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where “three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them.”

Donald Trump on 19:33 - Jun 3 with 1086 viewsKerouac

Some DATA

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

Donald Trump on 19:34 - Jun 3 with 1084 viewsKerouac

Some DATA

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops.
This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.
Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what Mac Donald calls the “Ferguson Effect,” as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.
Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences.

Donald Trump on 19:36 - Jun 3 with 1087 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 19:29 - Jun 3 by Kerouac

Some DATA

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to Mac Donald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

“If we’re going to have a ‘Lives Matter’ anti-police movement, it would be more appropriately named “White and Hispanic Lives Matter,'” said Mac Donald in her Hillsdale speech.

Christ. You want data? Ok.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21857/people-killed-in-police-shootings-in-the-us

"Black Americans account for less than 13 percent of the population but they are shot and killed by the police at a rate that's over twice as high as for white Americans."

Darran had to have the term per capita explained to him during one of these discussions before. I'm surprised a genius such as yourself would need it explained too.
Donald Trump on 19:38 - Jun 3 with 1082 viewsDarran

Donald Trump on 19:28 - Jun 3 by jasper_T

You a sexist, Darren?

Don't need an answer. Go back to sticking up for your mates when they get called out for being racists.

Where have I stuck up for anyone? 🤷🏼‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 19:38 - Jun 3 with 1078 viewsKerouac

Donald Trump on 19:36 - Jun 3 by Humpty

Christ. You want data? Ok.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21857/people-killed-in-police-shootings-in-the-us

"Black Americans account for less than 13 percent of the population but they are shot and killed by the police at a rate that's over twice as high as for white Americans."

Darran had to have the term per capita explained to him during one of these discussions before. I'm surprised a genius such as yourself would need it explained too.

Well, yeah, but see point 1 where MacDonald quotes the same statistic but goes on to explain why this doesn't tell the whole story...how do you counter MacDonald's findings?

Donald Trump on 19:52 - Jun 3 with 1064 viewsHumpty

Donald Trump on 19:38 - Jun 3 by Kerouac

Well, yeah, but see point 1 where MacDonald quotes the same statistic but goes on to explain why this doesn't tell the whole story...how do you counter MacDonald's findings?

I hadn't seen point one, just point two.

Yes more blacks are involved in violent crime so maybe you would expect more armed confrontations and shootings.

Doesn't explain all the unarmed black men killed by police though. Like George Floyd, Eric Garner, Oscar Grant. I could go on. And on. And on.
Donald Trump on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 1048 viewsKerouac

Donald Trump on 19:52 - Jun 3 by Humpty

I hadn't seen point one, just point two.

Yes more blacks are involved in violent crime so maybe you would expect more armed confrontations and shootings.

Doesn't explain all the unarmed black men killed by police though. Like George Floyd, Eric Garner, Oscar Grant. I could go on. And on. And on.

I know you could and I am not defending any of those incidents, as you can see from my post on page 1 of the thread on Floyd.
Of the 5 points MacDonald makes I find the unarmed black men killed by police the least convincing.
I am just looking for some data.

I find it peculiar that so many of you are so passionate about this but when I have requested data/evidence/proof you don't seem to have it at your fingertips.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 19:57]

Donald Trump on 19:57 - Jun 3 with 1050 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 19:12 - Jun 3 by Kerouac

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

- Martin Luther King

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

- Martin Luther King

" I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood. "

- Martin Luther King

" Look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin."

- Martin Luther King

"I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls. "

- Martin Luther King

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. "

- Martin Luther King

I’m sure you think you’re making a valid point in response to what I posted.

Good for you.
Donald Trump on 19:58 - Jun 3 with 1042 viewsKerouac

Donald Trump on 19:57 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

I’m sure you think you’re making a valid point in response to what I posted.

Good for you.

I'd rather the man spoke for himself rather than have other people guess at what he might have thought.

Donald Trump on 20:12 - Jun 3 with 1017 viewsKerouac

Some more, like I say, I'm not buying all of these just hoping somebody can post up a counter argument...

6. Police are more likely to shoot whites than blacks.

As The Daily Wire reported earlier on Monday, a recent Harvard study concluded that 1,332 police shootings over the 2000-2015 time frame reveal that blacks are actually 20 percent less likely to be shot at by police than whites, despite the fact that blacks and whites are just as likely to be carrying a weapon.
This is further confirmed by a study conducted by John Jay College of Criminal Justice assistant professor Peter Moskos, who determined that when the homicide rate is adjusted, “whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks [to] die at the hands of police. Adjusted for the racial disparity at which police are feloniously killed, whites are 1.3 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.”

Donald Trump on 20:13 - Jun 3 with 1015 viewsKerouac

7. Police are also less likely to shoot at unarmed black suspects than unarmed white suspects.

This is according to a study conducted by Washington State University, which took 80 police officers—most of whom were white males—from the Spokane Police Department and put them in over 1,500 simulated scenarios “involving both armed and unarmed suspects who were both black and white.” The researchers concluded that the officers were three times less likely to fire at unarmed black men than unarmed white men.

Donald Trump on 20:14 - Jun 3 with 1013 viewsKerouac

8. According to American Free Press’s Peter Papaherakles, “For every black killed by a white police officer in the U.S. every year, there are about 71 blacks killed by other blacks.”

Papaherakles came to his conclusion after examining FBI data from 2007-2012 as well as a Wall Street Journal report highlighting “hundreds of homicides by law enforcement agencies” that aren’t in the FBI’s database and compared it to the 7,440 blacks killed by other blacks in 2007:

The Journal analyzed “the latest data from 105 of the country’s largest police agencies,” and “found more than 550 police killings during those years were missing from the national tally or, in a few dozen cases, not attributed to the agency involved. The result: It is nearly impossible to determine how many people are killed by the police each year.”
Assuming this discrepancy is correct, the adjusted yearly death tally would rise to 492 police killings per year, bringing the number of blacks killed by white police officers per year in the U.S. to 105.
Putting these figures in perspective then, for every black killed by a white police officer in the U.S. every year, there are about 71 blacks killed by other blacks.
Worse, if you take–on average–9,252 black-on-black murders every year for the past 35 years, you arrive at a staggering 323,820 blacks killed by other blacks on America’s mean streets in just three-and-a-half short decades.

Donald Trump on 20:16 - Jun 3 with 1011 viewsKerouac

9.. Blacks do get pulled over for traffic stops more often than whites, but that’s because blacks commit a disproportionate amount of traffic offenses.

As Heather Mac Donald writes in her book The War On Cops: How the New Attack On Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe, the Department of Justice tries to assert that racial bias in the Ferguson Police Department was inherent in the fact that blacks consisted of 85 percent of all traffic stops between 2012-2014, despite only being 67 percent of the city’s residents, while whites consisted of 15 percent of all traffic stops while being 29 percent of the city’s residents.

“Such figures are meaningless unless we know, just for starters, what the rate of traffic violations is among black and white drivers,” writes Mac Donald. “Though most criminologists are terrified of studying the matter, the research that has been done, in New Jersey and North Carolina, found that black drivers speed disproportionately. On the New Jersey turnpike, for example, black drivers studied in 2001 sped at twice the rate of white drivers (with speeding defined as traveling at 15 mph or more above the posted limit) and traveled at the most reckless levels of speed even more disproportionately.”
This is confirmed by a 2013 National Institute for Justice report that determined that three out of four blacks said they were pulled over for a “legitimate reason” and a National Highway Safety Administration report concluding that “blacks simply violated traffic laws at higher rates than whites.”
Additionally, the DoJ report found that blacks were more likely to be searched after a traffic stop than whites, as 11 percent of blacks stopped were searched as opposed to five percent of whites, but as MacDonald points out, blacks tend to have a “higher rate of outstanding warrants,” which explains the discrepancy.

Donald Trump on 20:17 - Jun 3 with 1007 viewsKerouac

10.. Racial activists accuse stop-and-frisk of being racist, and yet the percentage of blacks stopped is actually underrepresented when compared to the percentage of blacks that commit crimes.

According to Mac Donald in a Wall Street Journal column, black persons comprised 55 percent of all of the New York City Police Department stops in 2012, even though 66 percent of violent criminals in the city are black as well as 78 percent of shooting suspects and 74 percent of shooting victims.
It is true that most stop-and-frisk subjects in New York City are minorities, but that’s because most crime in the city is committed in minority neighborhoods.

Donald Trump on 20:18 - Jun 3 with 1006 viewsKerouac

11. Blacks are not over-arrested and are actually “underrepresented in prison.”

Mac Donald writes in The War On Cops, “The statistics on the race of criminals as reported by the crime victims match the arrest data. As long ago as 1978, a study of robbery and aggravated assault in eight cities found parity between the race of assailants in victim reports and in arrests—a finding replicated many times, among a range of crimes.”
She also points out that criminologist Alfred Blumstein determined in 1993 that “blacks were significantly underrepresented in prison for homicide compared with their presence in the arrest data.”

Donald Trump on 20:19 - Jun 3 with 1001 viewsKerouac

12. By a margin of 50 percent to 46 percent, black voters support New York City’s “Broken Windows” policing

...according to a Quinnipiac poll. Additionally, 61 percent of black voters support “‘summonses or make arrests’ in their neighborhood for quality-of-life offenses,” once again suggesting that there is no evidence of systemic racism in policing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024