Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket holders get free live streams 16:38 - Jun 5 with 16693 viewsswanskid95

Announced by the club today, non ST have to pay for a streaming pass.

Also worth noting that fans who decide to get a partial refund will not be eligible for a free pass.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 16:42]
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 20:20 - Jun 5 with 2561 viewsZaxx

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 16:51 - Jun 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They really do think very little of the season ticket holders. Do they think most don't know what the word 'free' and 'exclusive' means?

"Please note that this free and exclusive offer is not available to those redeeming their season ticket with a partial refund on their ticket."

Free and exclusive offer... Which you have to give up your £84 to be entitled to... And the games are available to stream to non season ticket holders anyway...

I'm eager to see the usual lot praise this as some sort of gesture of goodwill.

I'm happy to receive official streams from the club I support in exchange for the money I spent supporting them.

For those that can't comprehend the difference between supporting and following I'm unsure what to say.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 20:38 - Jun 5 with 2537 viewsPolskijack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 18:20 - Jun 5 by legoman

What about those of us who live abroad (ahem) and have paid for a whole seasons Swans TV sub?

No change for us. Same as before.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 2476 viewsPentyrchJack

I'm happy to accept this and forego a partial ST refund as I will be saving a fortune in time and money by not going to the away games. I have a good feeling about the remaining games. Come on YJBs.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:21 - Jun 5 with 2451 viewsTreforys_Jack

If I remember correctly there were plenty of threads created last season and possibly the season before on streams not working, buffering etc. Can anyone who had the official streams confirm all the issues sorted in the end.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:28 - Jun 5 with 2437 viewsPozuelosSideys

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:21 - Jun 5 by Treforys_Jack

If I remember correctly there were plenty of threads created last season and possibly the season before on streams not working, buffering etc. Can anyone who had the official streams confirm all the issues sorted in the end.

Yes.

However, given the additional uptake in users, i would suggest that people get on there early to give themselves a chance before it all falls over. For bigger games, there was often problems. Make sure you have a couple of different browsers handy too.

Hopefully all the clubs dont use the same system. God help us if they do as it wont stand a chance.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:33 - Jun 5 with 2433 viewsGowerjack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 20:20 - Jun 5 by Zaxx

I'm happy to receive official streams from the club I support in exchange for the money I spent supporting them.

For those that can't comprehend the difference between supporting and following I'm unsure what to say.

I've even a supporter of this club for 46 years.

I'll still be a supporter when the management and players who have not had the decency to take any sort of reduction in salary and the absentee foreign owners have long gone.

In the meantime I'll take a refund please.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:39 - Jun 5 with 2424 viewsZaxx

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:33 - Jun 5 by Gowerjack

I'll still be a supporter when the management and players who have not had the decency to take any sort of reduction in salary and the absentee foreign owners have long gone.

Hey GJ, I'd be up for a refund myself but it's an unlikely outcome so I'll take watching the boys play instead.
I'll probably wish I hadn't but I've been doing that for a long while anyway..
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:45 - Jun 5 with 2406 viewsDarran

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 22:39 - Jun 5 by Zaxx

Hey GJ, I'd be up for a refund myself but it's an unlikely outcome so I'll take watching the boys play instead.
I'll probably wish I hadn't but I've been doing that for a long while anyway..

We need to wait and see what pans out I’m sure there’ll be refunds for those that want one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 23:15 - Jun 5 with 2377 viewsChief

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 21:56 - Jun 5 by PentyrchJack

I'm happy to accept this and forego a partial ST refund as I will be saving a fortune in time and money by not going to the away games. I have a good feeling about the remaining games. Come on YJBs.

A combination between your words and the bottle of apricot wine I've drunk has inspired me.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 07:34 - Jun 6 with 2294 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 18:41 - Jun 5 by Chief

Not in the position myself but surely if there's more than 1 season ticket holder in a household, they should be able to have refunds for all but one of the season tickets if they want to seeing as they'll only need one streaming code in reality!?

If you read the terms and conditions it says - “under the circumstance of having more than one season ticket holder eligible for this free and exclusive offer the other ST holders who claimed the refund in any one household will have to leave the room until the final whistle “.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 09:44 - Jun 6 with 2231 viewsJinxy

This is where I sort of am. I want to watch my beloved Swans, but don't like being taken for a mug. For me, it's not about the money, but the principle behind one rule for the paying fans, another for the high salary earners? Sound familiar?!!

I'm also annoyed and disappointed with the Trust for seemingly not being able to influence the players, coach, chairman etc. to share the financial burden - they (edit - the club not the Trust) should all be ashamed of themselves imho. I'm even starting to regret renewing my ST.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:46]
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 11:29 - Jun 6 with 2127 viewspencoedjack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 20:20 - Jun 5 by Zaxx

Ignore the boring t wat fella.

Tedious WUM
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 11:33 - Jun 6 with 2120 viewspencoedjack

Well said.

I’m having my money back & giving it to charity.

If the players, management team had taken a pay cut & not just deferred wages I wouldn’t of bothered.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 11:43 - Jun 6 with 2106 viewsBillyChong

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 21:56 - Jun 5 by PentyrchJack

You can’t compare paying for a stream to the experience of an away day
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 11:46 - Jun 6 with 2104 viewsBillyChong

Bit of a kick in the teeth for season ticket holders. Isn’t it a saving of £5 or so compared to non season holders paying for the streams? That’s before taking away any sky games for existing subscribers.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 12:27 - Jun 6 with 2069 viewsdunvantjack100

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 11:46 - Jun 6 by BillyChong

Bit of a kick in the teeth for season ticket holders. Isn’t it a saving of £5 or so compared to non season holders paying for the streams? That’s before taking away any sky games for existing subscribers.

Non season ticket holders would have to pay £90 for the remaining games?

Season ticket holders get to watch the remaining games they’ve paid for, plus 5 away as compensation for not having the live experience.

Not sure where your £5 saving figure comes from?
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 12:51 - Jun 6 with 2055 viewsPhil_S

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 09:44 - Jun 6 by Jinxy

This is where I sort of am. I want to watch my beloved Swans, but don't like being taken for a mug. For me, it's not about the money, but the principle behind one rule for the paying fans, another for the high salary earners? Sound familiar?!!

I'm also annoyed and disappointed with the Trust for seemingly not being able to influence the players, coach, chairman etc. to share the financial burden - they (edit - the club not the Trust) should all be ashamed of themselves imho. I'm even starting to regret renewing my ST.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:46]

This exact point has been made both publicly and privately by the Trust to those that have the voting rights and the day to day management to make these decisions.

At playing level they are protected by stupid contracts so right now have to "want" to take a pay cut as no club seems strong enough to stand up against them
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:01 - Jun 6 with 2041 viewsJinxy

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 12:51 - Jun 6 by Phil_S

This exact point has been made both publicly and privately by the Trust to those that have the voting rights and the day to day management to make these decisions.

At playing level they are protected by stupid contracts so right now have to "want" to take a pay cut as no club seems strong enough to stand up against them

Thanks Phil - I know you're disappointed too. Apologies - I worded it poorly (I am annoyed!) - I know the Trust tried, but I am disappointed they weren't even able to (publicly) shame them into it. Shame on them.

I know the current/previous ownership has disregarded the fans (e.g. Trust) spectacularly over the years, but this feels almost snide to me. They have again totally disrespected us with this "don't do as we do, do as we say" attitude.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:11 - Jun 6 with 2019 viewsPhil_S

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:01 - Jun 6 by Jinxy

Thanks Phil - I know you're disappointed too. Apologies - I worded it poorly (I am annoyed!) - I know the Trust tried, but I am disappointed they weren't even able to (publicly) shame them into it. Shame on them.

I know the current/previous ownership has disregarded the fans (e.g. Trust) spectacularly over the years, but this feels almost snide to me. They have again totally disrespected us with this "don't do as we do, do as we say" attitude.

It's OK I knew where you were coming from.

Any chance we may have had of our players taking a pay cut went out of the window the moment the CHairman and the manager allowed an article to be produced (by the club) praising themselves for taking a deferral.

1st April 2020 - Trevor Birch - "In the meantime the manager and myself thought it was important to take a lead in these uncertain times and have agreed to defer a substantial amount of our wages going forward."

Steve Cooper - “This football club is so important to the supporters and the city, and the fact that I am taking a wage deferral is the least I can do.’’

24 hours later Cardiff City announced that Ken Choo and Neil Harris were taking 20 per cent pay cuts - "Choo and Harris each accepted the 20 per cent pay cut, which will also be the case for other Bluebirds high earners who remain working to keep the club ticking over. Those who fall into this category but who are on lower incomes won't see their salary affected."

In situations like this good leaders lead by example so the moment we said "wage deferrals" that was as good as we were going to get.

You know you have done it wrong when Cardiff hold the moral high ground

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52123543

This post has been edited by an administrator
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:37 - Jun 6 with 1981 viewsJinxy

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:11 - Jun 6 by Phil_S

Any chance we may have had of our players taking a pay cut went out of the window the moment the CHairman and the manager allowed an article to be produced (by the club) praising themselves for taking a deferral.

1st April 2020 - Trevor Birch - "In the meantime the manager and myself thought it was important to take a lead in these uncertain times and have agreed to defer a substantial amount of our wages going forward."

Steve Cooper - “This football club is so important to the supporters and the city, and the fact that I am taking a wage deferral is the least I can do.’’

24 hours later Cardiff City announced that Ken Choo and Neil Harris were taking 20 per cent pay cuts - "Choo and Harris each accepted the 20 per cent pay cut, which will also be the case for other Bluebirds high earners who remain working to keep the club ticking over. Those who fall into this category but who are on lower incomes won't see their salary affected."

In situations like this good leaders lead by example so the moment we said "wage deferrals" that was as good as we were going to get.

That's embarrassing for SCFC isn't it, and good on Cardiff City (much as it pains me to say it). Cooper was so right when he said it was "the least he could do". It quite literally was. I'm also surprised that some of the longer serving players, who have settled in Swansea, haven't bucked the trend and insisted on a pay cut, even by way of a collective donation to the Trust so that it could be then offered to ST holders as a partial refund if they opted for the streaming option, for example.

I'm not sure what exact salaries are, but a 20% average salary would be close to £100k for each player across 3 months? Even if they offered a gesture at 10%, the playing squad could easily fund the ST a partial refund cost, and donate the rest to charity? It would be a gesture and restore the faith (in the players anyway), but it would show up the management of the club in a bad light (sorry, even worse light). The whole thing stinks, and at this point I'm opting for a refund on principle.
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:42 - Jun 6 with 1960 viewsSwanjaxs

Non-season ticket holders in the UK will be able to purchase individual games for £10 each, except for any ‘live’ Sky games, which will only be available exclusively to season ticket holders.

Well that's a £2.01 price hike per game pre-pandemic for starters 👍🏻

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 1946 viewsowainglyndwr

What I would like to see is this.
How much it costs non season ticket holders to watch a live stream compared to what we have remaining in our season ticket value.
Also if 2 season ticket adults live in the same house you woukd effectively pay double to a non season ticket holder with a house full of people
Season ticket holders get free live streams on 16:53 - Jun 6 with 1859 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 07:34 - Jun 6 by Brynmill_Jack

If you read the terms and conditions it says - “under the circumstance of having more than one season ticket holder eligible for this free and exclusive offer the other ST holders who claimed the refund in any one household will have to leave the room until the final whistle “.

I just got my first ever down vote from Mart. That’s spoiled an otherwise totally average and miserable day.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 17:13 - Jun 6 with 1840 viewsBadlands

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:42 - Jun 6 by Swanjaxs

Non-season ticket holders in the UK will be able to purchase individual games for £10 each, except for any ‘live’ Sky games, which will only be available exclusively to season ticket holders.

Well that's a £2.01 price hike per game pre-pandemic for starters 👍🏻

Don't have pint to cup tea at half time ... you're in the black.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 17:49 - Jun 6 with 1800 viewspencoedjack

Season ticket holders get free live streams on 13:11 - Jun 6 by Phil_S

Well done to the Basseys

1st time I’ve ever said that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024