Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial 10:08 - Jun 14 with 28281 viewsNeath_Jack

https://news.sky.com/story/arrest-after-man-pictured-urinating-beside-memorial-f

Do we have sympathy for him, p1ssed up, no open toilets, unaware of where he was going, or, ignorance is no defence?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 14 with 1758 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:22 - Jun 14 by Darran

It’s been taken down until it’s confirmed that the five in the photo are the five arrested in London.
I’m not having Phil bashed up.

But no one on here said they were.

It was just a link to a news article with a picture of some people that are, undoubtedly, standing in front of a WDL flag.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:30 - Jun 14 with 1753 viewsLohengrin

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 15:19 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Every day, a new excuse.

They aren’t park railings. That’s the Carriage Gates at the Palace of Westminster - the Carriage Gates are now a memorial to PC Palmer. A stone is placed at the foot of one pillar, in much the same way as a plaque will be put on a memorial. The whole thing is the memorial. Including the bit he was p*ssing on.

If the bloke had been black you would have been rounding up the troops.

The person who attempted to burn a flag was charged the same evening with criminal damage.

But I’m genuinely fed up of taking lessons in patriotism from groups of people that are screaming Sieg Heil on the streets of London (look it up - there’s video footage exactly as I suggested yesterday), people who went to ‘protect our war statues’ while having Nazi tattoos all over their backs (as that bloke from Swansea who’s been arrested has) and who think that the cenotaph is ‘their’ monument any more than it is a monument for every other ethnic background.

Right, first up you and I both know that wasn’t some sort of conscious, political act he was committing. He was no doubt hammered and didn’t have a clue where he was, though I did say last night I’d have given him a clip if I’d seen him. Hardly the action of an excuse-maker, is it?

Secondly, as regards blacks, haven’t I said on here out of all the images that have emerged this week the one I identified with fully, that I felt an immediate sense of kinship with, was that of the young, black Irish Guardsman who was cleaning the Cenotaph? The look of disappointment on his face mirrored my own.

Lastly, if I was able to have made it up to London yesterday I’d have gone on The Legion’s vigil which received absolutely no press coverage at all. It was well away from the scenes of disorder the press gleefully seized on in their canter to find equivalencies with what had gone on before.

Oh! and while we’re at it kindly do me the courtesy of not lumping me in with swastika-tattooed grunting Neanderthals, if that’s what you were in fact doing.I don’t care how irritated you may get with me on here, you know, or should, that’s not me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:33 - Jun 14 with 1735 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:23 - Jun 14 by Darran

Don’t apologise we all make mistakes.

I’m not aware I have.

I simply posted a link to an article from a reputable source.

Anyway. I was only linking it in answer to someone querying about whether people from Swansea had been arrested. You seem to have confirmed that 5 were, indeed arrested, but you don’t know who.

So that’s a confirmation that’s new for us. Thanks for that Darran.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:34 - Jun 14 with 1735 viewsAce_Jack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 14:53 - Jun 14 by chad

Sure you and others would have managed it Ace.

Also I imagine you would be a lot quicker emphasising it was in a little corner right at the side of the monument, and not on the monument itself as one poster said.

Pretty disrespectful stuff, deliberately peeing on the monument itself though, would have been a whole different ball game,

Although I would have thought there was worse than this to highlight.

Surprised none of the whataboutists have taken you up on your comment though. I think it perfectly valid to compare and contrast, but some just don’t like it, well sometimes ;)

I’ve never expressed sympathy or provided excuses for anyone pissing in memorials. In this thread we got the sympathy out for the far right within a handful of comments.

Compare that to the reaction on this board of someone vandalising a statue of Churchill or throwing the statue of a slaver in a river.

It’s implicit racism and it stinks.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:34 - Jun 14 with 1734 viewsDarran

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

But no one on here said they were.

It was just a link to a news article with a picture of some people that are, undoubtedly, standing in front of a WDL flag.

I didn’t say they did Lis but let’s confirm it’s the right five first yeah?
One or Two of them for instance might not be and we don’t need to bring to trouble closer to home.
If it’s confirmed it’s all the correct five I’ll gladly put it back myself.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:36 - Jun 14 with 1724 viewsTreforys_Jack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 14:27 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

He’s both.

Ah well, as you were then, shame that.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:37 - Jun 14 with 1723 viewsexiledclaseboy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:34 - Jun 14 by Darran

One or Two of them for instance might not be and we don’t need to bring to trouble closer to home.

Here’s the article without the picture.

Five men from the Swansea area of Wales were arrested yesterday during the London riots

Five of those arrested yesterday in London amid the violent scenes were from Port Tenant in Swansea.

Members of the WDL ( Welsh Defence Leauge) went to London to protect the statues and monuments from all over the United Kingdom against planned demonstrations from the Black Lives Matter organization.

In recent weeks statues have been attacked, torn down, and defaced by members of the movement that sparked angry scenes around the UK and the far-right organization the WDL who often hold alliance associated with football clubs, rallied members to London’s streets to defend such actions taking place again.

What started as peaceful demonstrations turned ugly later in the day as protestors from both sides clashed with police.

The five men from Port Tennant which is situated on the outskirts of Swansea City center in Wales are reported to have traveled to London by train to join up with EDL ( English Defence League) members to stand and protect the statues of the likes of former wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

All 5 men aged between 25 to 45 years old are being held at Marylebone police station where they are currently being interviewed by the Metropolitan Police, although Global247news understands no charges have yet been made.

Swansea WDL member Tim Davies from Port Tennant told us how he feels they have been wrongly arrested and expects them to be released without charge:

” The lads all called me from the Police station last night, they all went up to peacefully protect what they rightly feel needs protecting as last weekend we saw national heritage defaced, trouble erupted in central London and the police just started herding everyone up they didn’t like the look of, the lads in question were making the way back to Paddington to catch a train home when a fight broke out close by and riot police charged down the crowd and just starting making arrests, the lads never went for trouble, I have relayed messages to their families and assured them I can’t see charges sticking if they are brought but I expect them to be released free of charge today”

Two members of the WDL were also arrested from the Bridgend area of South Wales in a separate incident said, Davies.

Poll: Tory leader

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:38 - Jun 14 with 1716 viewsDarran

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 14 by Ebo

I don't think so. Lay off the creamflow.

After this week's shenanigans, you should be removed as a mod. I'm not the only one who thinks that either, there are lots of us.

You have constantly race baited people and then removed threads.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 16:32]

Yes you did. The tweet is still there you made a joke about people taking offence in a thread about Little Britain.

And again just for the record I DID NOT remove the threads.

Login to get fewer ads

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 1687 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:30 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

Right, first up you and I both know that wasn’t some sort of conscious, political act he was committing. He was no doubt hammered and didn’t have a clue where he was, though I did say last night I’d have given him a clip if I’d seen him. Hardly the action of an excuse-maker, is it?

Secondly, as regards blacks, haven’t I said on here out of all the images that have emerged this week the one I identified with fully, that I felt an immediate sense of kinship with, was that of the young, black Irish Guardsman who was cleaning the Cenotaph? The look of disappointment on his face mirrored my own.

Lastly, if I was able to have made it up to London yesterday I’d have gone on The Legion’s vigil which received absolutely no press coverage at all. It was well away from the scenes of disorder the press gleefully seized on in their canter to find equivalencies with what had gone on before.

Oh! and while we’re at it kindly do me the courtesy of not lumping me in with swastika-tattooed grunting Neanderthals, if that’s what you were in fact doing.I don’t care how irritated you may get with me on here, you know, or should, that’s not me.

The bloke in question was seen elsewhere screaming obscenities at the police, so I’m not sure I share your belief in it all being an innocent mistake.

The second part of my post was quite clearly more general and not specifically directed at you (I referenced people screaming Sieg Heil in London and told you the pictures are online and to look it up given you said yesterday I was making it up).
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:48 - Jun 14 with 1677 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:37 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Here’s the article without the picture.

Five men from the Swansea area of Wales were arrested yesterday during the London riots

Five of those arrested yesterday in London amid the violent scenes were from Port Tenant in Swansea.

Members of the WDL ( Welsh Defence Leauge) went to London to protect the statues and monuments from all over the United Kingdom against planned demonstrations from the Black Lives Matter organization.

In recent weeks statues have been attacked, torn down, and defaced by members of the movement that sparked angry scenes around the UK and the far-right organization the WDL who often hold alliance associated with football clubs, rallied members to London’s streets to defend such actions taking place again.

What started as peaceful demonstrations turned ugly later in the day as protestors from both sides clashed with police.

The five men from Port Tennant which is situated on the outskirts of Swansea City center in Wales are reported to have traveled to London by train to join up with EDL ( English Defence League) members to stand and protect the statues of the likes of former wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

All 5 men aged between 25 to 45 years old are being held at Marylebone police station where they are currently being interviewed by the Metropolitan Police, although Global247news understands no charges have yet been made.

Swansea WDL member Tim Davies from Port Tennant told us how he feels they have been wrongly arrested and expects them to be released without charge:

” The lads all called me from the Police station last night, they all went up to peacefully protect what they rightly feel needs protecting as last weekend we saw national heritage defaced, trouble erupted in central London and the police just started herding everyone up they didn’t like the look of, the lads in question were making the way back to Paddington to catch a train home when a fight broke out close by and riot police charged down the crowd and just starting making arrests, the lads never went for trouble, I have relayed messages to their families and assured them I can’t see charges sticking if they are brought but I expect them to be released free of charge today”

Two members of the WDL were also arrested from the Bridgend area of South Wales in a separate incident said, Davies.

There we go. That’s a nice compromise.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:48 - Jun 14 with 1675 viewsDarran

This thread is going exactly the way Neath_Jack wanted too.
More race arguing.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:52 - Jun 14 with 1650 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:34 - Jun 14 by Darran

To be honest I didn’t note that they were supposed to be the same 5 (I said, I’d only seen a report that said one of them may have been), largely because I didn’t realise there were 5 in the picture - I thought it was a generic WDL picture. But ok.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:58 - Jun 14 with 1634 viewsSwanjaxs

What time is everyone starting drinking tonight?

Me, probably about 7ish 👍🏻🍺

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:07 - Jun 14 with 1616 viewsJango

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:27 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Well you have double standards I’m afraid.

If one was only a mention from a random lad do you know it was valid by the way? I hadn’t seen it before you posted it, and I’m surprised as I would have thought it would have been widely distributed given I’ve seen pictures of the graffiti on the Churchill statue about a thousand times this week. Anyway, if it is valid, as I said, that’s dreadful.

But if it had been the other way round, you’d have said that from the right hand side of the Carriage Gates you can’t see the memorial on the left hand side (you can’t), so they wouldn’t necessarily know it was a memorial and thought they were attacking parliament. I wouldn’t say that because I don’t have double standards.

I do think the sudden outrage about the ACAB message is ironic by the way given half the football hoolies in the country used to have those stupid dots tattooed on their knuckles to signify the same thing.

Assuming someone having a piss against the wall of a memorial is a blatant act of disrespect is completely different to making the same assumption of someone writing acab on a police memorial. One can argue it was a mistake, one can’t.

Anyway, last week the media made every effort to play down the violence that was happening around the country, this week they’ve done everything to make it look as bad as possible. Sadiq Khan set the ball rolling on the Friday when he claimed last week was a peaceful protest but this week far right people are just looking for trouble. There’s been absolute scumbags both weekends.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:31 - Jun 14 with 1565 viewsFieryJack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:58 - Jun 14 by Swanjaxs

What time is everyone starting drinking tonight?

Me, probably about 7ish 👍🏻🍺

Are you hoping for a repeat of last night? 😂

I'll be starting about 7pm as well, but all I've got lined up is one bottle of non-alcoholic weissbier.

After 12 weeks self-isolation from work, I'm back at it tomorrow with an alarm call at 5.15am. Not bloody looking forward to it at all.

To bed at 9pm, and I should, hopefully, be dead to the world by the time the verbal punches start flying on here.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:33 - Jun 14 with 1558 viewsSwanjaxs

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:31 - Jun 14 by FieryJack

I'll be starting about 7pm as well, but all I've got lined up is one bottle of non-alcoholic weissbier.

After 12 weeks self-isolation from work, I'm back at it tomorrow with an alarm call at 5.15am. Not bloody looking forward to it at all.

To bed at 9pm, and I should, hopefully, be dead to the world by the time the verbal punches start flying on here.

Very wise mate 👌

All the best for work tomorrow 🙌

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:35 - Jun 14 with 1547 viewsDJack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:31 - Jun 14 by FieryJack

Oof!

I get a late start on Mondays

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:50 - Jun 14 with 1525 viewsLohengrin

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:06 - Jun 14 by londonlisa2001

Why has the link been removed? It was from the Global news site?

Was it faked?

If so, I apologise. I saw it referenced from a reputable source.

“A reputable source”

No, love. This has come from the same thundering clout who said that members of The Royal Marines Association were turning up in Whitehall in Nazi regalia.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 18:47 - Jun 14 with 1437 viewsjack_lord

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:50 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

“A reputable source”

No, love. This has come from the same thundering clout who said that members of The Royal Marines Association were turning up in Whitehall in Nazi regalia.

Somehow I don't think that any members of the Royal Marines Association would turn up anywhere in Nazi regalia.

Regards the fellah who urinated - he may have been drunk but he may well have pissed on the gate "cos he hates pigs", we just don't know what is going through his head.

I was watching a link where the Legion were holding a vigil at the Cenotaph and the police were trying to move them on but they refused. I know that a very large group of "football boys" were there at one point and were a bit rowdy and all ran off towards Parliament as something was allegedly happening there. The Legion guys stayed where they were.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:02 - Jun 14 with 1406 viewsDrizzy

No surprise to see the anti-anti-fascists polluting another thread on yesterday's display of patriotism. Wringing and writhing around the Nazi salutes, piss-stained memorials and monkey chants.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:15 - Jun 14 with 1380 viewsHighjack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:50 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

“A reputable source”

Yeah, normally some random on Twitter with 26k followers would be dismissed without question.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:47 - Jun 14 with 1343 viewsKerouac

Two protests.

Protest 1 -
Broke the lockdown rules and was aimed at destroying the reputation of our Police, who are not a racist institution (the stats prove this).
Protest 1 "progressed" to attacking this country's history and culture. It soon turned into an angry mob trying to tear down statues, defacing them, burning flags and (most significantly) attacking our police

Police injured = 60
Needing medical treatment = 20 odd.
Needing surgery = 3
No. of arrests = 20

How was this protest reported? A peaceful demonstration which a few spoilt; "It's such a shame they are taking some attention from the original message" etc.
Celebrities lined up to tell us that they supported BLM, as did politicians, shamefully Labour and SNP MPs attacked the reputation of our police force in parliament.
There was no clapping for the police who had put their bodies on the line to restore order.
Posters on here lined up to defend them and distract from the violence and the shameful acts that took place.

Protest 2 -
Was a reaction to the events of protest 1. The majority of people in this country were outraged at the disrespect shown to the country, to our forefathers, to the lack of respect for the police and the institutions of this country.
Many gathered peacefully. A tiny minority were people from far right groups who were there to cause trouble (their presence was to be expected given their beliefs). Yes, these people are f*cking morons.

Police injured = 6
Needing medical treatment = 0
Needing surgery = 0
No. of arrests = 100

(Although from the video shown on here last night, where the usual Planet Swans mob cackled and crowed at the unknown individual being set on by 12+ men kicking his head on the floor, smashing glass bottles on his head etc. I'm sure at least 1 protester is in hospital right now...we don't know, NOBODY is reporting on it).

How was the protest reported?
A far right mob disgraced themselves in London.
We have MPs outraged that a man took a piss next to a statue that a week before was decked out in placards mocking that copper's service and memory.
We have ex-serviceman being portrayed as neo-Nazis.
We have calls for MORE arrests.

The hypocrisy is stinking the country out.
The whole country is aware of it now, it is so blatant, being rubbed in our faces.
The promoters of identity politics have pissed on their own chips this weekend however.
Enjoy future elections now won't you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:59 - Jun 14 with 1316 viewsTreforys_Jack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:47 - Jun 14 by Kerouac

Two protests.

Protest 1 -
Broke the lockdown rules and was aimed at destroying the reputation of our Police, who are not a racist institution (the stats prove this).
Protest 1 "progressed" to attacking this country's history and culture. It soon turned into an angry mob trying to tear down statues, defacing them, burning flags and (most significantly) attacking our police

Police injured = 60
Needing surgery = 3
No. of arrests = 20

How was this protest reported? A peaceful demonstration which a few spoilt; "It's such a shame they are taking some attention from the original message" etc.
Celebrities lined up to tell us that they supported BLM, as did politicians, shamefully Labour and SNP MPs attacked the reputation of our police force in parliament.
There was no clapping for the police who had put their bodies on the line to restore order.
Posters on here lined up to defend them and distract from the violence and the shameful acts that took place.

Protest 2 -
Was a reaction to the events of protest 1. The majority of people in this country were outraged at the disrespect shown to the country, to our forefathers, to the lack of respect for the police and the institutions of this country.
Many gathered peacefully. A tiny minority were people from far right groups who were there to cause trouble (their presence was to be expected given their beliefs). Yes, these people are f*cking morons.

Police injured = 6
Needing surgery = 0
No. of arrests = 100

(Although from the video shown on here last night, where the usual Planet Swans mob cackled and crowed at the unknown individual being set on by 12+ men kicking his head on the floor, smashing glass bottles on his head etc. I'm sure at least 1 protester is in hospital right now...we don't know, NOBODY is reporting on it).

We have MPs outraged that a man took a piss next to a statue that a week before was decked out in placards mocking that copper's service and memory.

The whole country is aware of it now, it is so blatant, being rubbed in our faces.
The promoters of identity politics have pissed on their own chips this weekend however.

Interesting post,
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 20:13 - Jun 14 with 1293 viewslonglostjack

He was from Essex then, the classy urinator protecting Britain’s cultural history by pissing on a brave copper’s memorial. Why am I not surprised?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 20:16 - Jun 14 with 1284 views1462jack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 19:47 - Jun 14 by Kerouac

Two protests.

Protest 1 -

Police injured = 60
Needing surgery = 3
No. of arrests = 20

Protest 2 -

Police injured = 6
Needing surgery = 0
No. of arrests = 100

Wait for it she won’t be long
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024