Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial 10:08 - Jun 14 with 29277 viewsNeath_Jack

https://news.sky.com/story/arrest-after-man-pictured-urinating-beside-memorial-f

Do we have sympathy for him, p1ssed up, no open toilets, unaware of where he was going, or, ignorance is no defence?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:10 - Jun 15 with 1450 viewsSwanjaxs

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 15:43 - Jun 15 by Highjack

Yeah, it’s something that most of us have done. If you’re caught short and there’s no toilets available then what are you supposed to do. You can do real damage holding it in. Obviously don’t piss on a monument would be good advice but you have to go somewhere.

And of course you are correct.

But judging by the state the guy was in he probably didn't realise he was peeing alongside a monument erected for a national hero.
I'd like to think so anyway.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:14 - Jun 15 with 1441 viewsFieryJack

Considering I'm well to the left of most recent posters on here, I'm pleased to say (for once) that I'm in agreement.

Should not have been jailed.

I've been caught short many times - especially now that most public conveniences have been shut down - and if I'd received a 2 week sentence for each of those I'd be considered a career criminal by now.

Reminds me of the 1997 Play Off final against Northampton. Hot day, lots of beer, no toilets outside Wembley, and my mate from Clase, on his first ever visit to a football match, is relieving himself against the hallowed stadium, along with a dozen other Swans fans. They saw the police coming and scarpered. He didn't, and was cuffed and arrested. I walked with him to the police van and tried to persuade them to let him go. "F*ck off, or you're joining him" was the reply.

He didn't get fined or jailed & he just about made it back in time for the coach home - I still think he's scarred by the trauma of that memory 😡
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:21 - Jun 15 with 1420 viewstheloneranger

A 20-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage in connection with the incident at the Cenotaph - attempted burning of the flag. She has been bailed to a later date in July.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:26 - Jun 15 with 1404 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:21 - Jun 15 by theloneranger

A 20-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage in connection with the incident at the Cenotaph - attempted burning of the flag. She has been bailed to a later date in July.

Who's the arsonist?

She was clearly testing the strength of her cigarette lighter on some non-flammable material. Something everyone would do.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 15 with 1395 viewsHighjack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 15:58 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

I'm sure they're equally as confused as the British patriots displaying national pride with Nazi salutes and monkey chants. I believe the "defacing" you're referring to is 3 letters of graffiti on the plinth. Disgraceful but it can be washed away. Unlike the lives of black people killed by police.

I do laugh at your description of pissing on a memorial to George Medal recipient as "something most of us have done". Oh how that veneer of neutrality is slipping away.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 15:58]

Something most of us have done was obviously gone for a cheeky wee in public when caught short. You must have missed the bit where I said don’t piss on a monument.

You’re twisting everything again. It’s the only defence you have.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 15 with 1390 viewsHighjack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:21 - Jun 15 by theloneranger

Woman???

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:33 - Jun 15 with 1376 viewsDarran

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 15:58 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

I'm sure they're equally as confused as the British patriots displaying national pride with Nazi salutes and monkey chants. I believe the "defacing" you're referring to is 3 letters of graffiti on the plinth. Disgraceful but it can be washed away. Unlike the lives of black people killed by police.

I do laugh at your description of pissing on a memorial to George Medal recipient as "something most of us have done". Oh how that veneer of neutrality is slipping away.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 15:58]

He specifically said don’t piss on a monument and you twisted it to most people have pissed on a monument.
Interesting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:37 - Jun 15 with 1351 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:29 - Jun 15 by Highjack

Something most of us have done was obviously gone for a cheeky wee in public when caught short. You must have missed the bit where I said don’t piss on a monument.

You’re twisting everything again. It’s the only defence you have.

Yeah having a wee in public is something everything has done in the same way using a cigarette lighter in public is something everyone has done.

I tried giving you a comprehensive account of historical and racism and how it relates to the inequalities black people face today (hence BLM protests) yet you chose to dismiss it without addressing any of the points.

I don't believe you're a racist. Just in denial that racism exists and an apologist for increasingly racist actions. Presumably because they're tied to Brexit, which is the political hill you've chosen to die on.

Login to get fewer ads

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:41 - Jun 15 with 1338 viewsHighjack

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:33 - Jun 15 by Darran

He specifically said don’t piss on a monument and you twisted it to most people have pissed on a monument.
Interesting.

They only see what they want to see Mr Darran. He likes to constantly imply that I am a massive racist even though I want nothing more than people just to be decent to each other and not be divided by superficial and pointless prejudice based on unimportant characteristics like skin colour or sexuality. I wish he would realise what a lovely person I am so we could have a big hug but he would probably punch me.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:44 - Jun 15 with 1322 viewsDarran

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:41 - Jun 15 by Highjack

They only see what they want to see Mr Darran. He likes to constantly imply that I am a massive racist even though I want nothing more than people just to be decent to each other and not be divided by superficial and pointless prejudice based on unimportant characteristics like skin colour or sexuality. I wish he would realise what a lovely person I am so we could have a big hug but he would probably punch me.

Yeah it is a bit strange isn’t it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:46 - Jun 15 with 1308 viewsJango

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:37 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

Yeah having a wee in public is something everything has done in the same way using a cigarette lighter in public is something everyone has done.

I tried giving you a comprehensive account of historical and racism and how it relates to the inequalities black people face today (hence BLM protests) yet you chose to dismiss it without addressing any of the points.

I don't believe you're a racist. Just in denial that racism exists and an apologist for increasingly racist actions. Presumably because they're tied to Brexit, which is the political hill you've chosen to die on.

You keep linking it to Brexit and no doubt the fault of the little Englanders, yet only 66% of all hate crime was commited by white people last year. Given white people make up nearly 82% of the population we are not as hateful as you like to believe.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:48 - Jun 15 with 1294 viewsCatullus

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 15:20 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

The disparity in MSM coverage AND the justice system has been as lamentable as it is laughable.

The reporting of wide-scale disorder as “largely peaceful” is straight out of Orwell, and the complete disregarding of The Legion vigil in favour of chasing around after a couple of dozen pissed-up beauties is just pure hate-propaganda.

As regards your alleging that there are no photos of BLM perpetrators, the Internet is chock-full of them from every conceivable angle; it’s being swept under the carpet. It never happened.

I don't think the internet is choc full of them anymore, or at least a google search comes back with plenty of far right violence and the picture of the black guy rescuing the white guy.

It is odd that at protests with so many cameras present, plenty of pictures of both sides, that they only capture the right wing loons 'in the act'

Maybe the spray paint appeared by magic?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:51 - Jun 15 with 1282 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:46 - Jun 15 by Jango

You keep linking it to Brexit and no doubt the fault of the little Englanders, yet only 66% of all hate crime was commited by white people last year. Given white people make up nearly 82% of the population we are not as hateful as you like to believe.

"Although these improvements are thought to be the main drivers for the increases seen, there have been short-term genuine rises in hate crime following certain events such as the EU Referendum in June 2016"

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2018-to-20

That's from the Home Office hate crime report and they make no mention of the ethnicity of those that committed hate crimes. Unsurprisingly, you're talking sh*te.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 16:54]

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:57 - Jun 15 with 1255 viewsLohengrin

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:37 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

“in the same way using a cigarette lighter in public is something everyone has done.“

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:11 - Jun 15 with 1227 viewsCatullus

I've never used a lighter in public. I never smoked, or tried to commit arson.

Hey Drizzy, on the now deleted thread, when I brought up historical racism you diemissed it. Now you want to use it?

It occurs to me that if we are to remove all symbols of slavery and racism that us Welsh need to start visiting castles, all those bastions of English supremacy used to oppress the Welsh. They all need to come down.
Maybe we should tear down any church that used tithing, the threat of excommunication being used to oppress the workers.

Ot maybe it's just gone completely ridiculous, alongside losing context and perspective people have lost their marbles.

Two weeks for public urination, I hope the courts stay consistent with that or we might think it was a politically motivated sentence.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 1225 viewstheloneranger

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:57 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

“in the same way using a cigarette lighter in public is something everyone has done.“

You forgot to add from Drizzy ...

"She was clearly testing the strength of her cigarette lighter on some non-flammable material. Something everyone would do."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:21 - Jun 15 with 1198 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:11 - Jun 15 by Catullus

I've never used a lighter in public. I never smoked, or tried to commit arson.

Hey Drizzy, on the now deleted thread, when I brought up historical racism you diemissed it. Now you want to use it?

It occurs to me that if we are to remove all symbols of slavery and racism that us Welsh need to start visiting castles, all those bastions of English supremacy used to oppress the Welsh. They all need to come down.
Maybe we should tear down any church that used tithing, the threat of excommunication being used to oppress the workers.

Ot maybe it's just gone completely ridiculous, alongside losing context and perspective people have lost their marbles.

Two weeks for public urination, I hope the courts stay consistent with that or we might think it was a politically motivated sentence.

You're not seriously equating a statue of a slave trader with a castle, are you?

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 1188 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:12 - Jun 15 by theloneranger

You forgot to add from Drizzy ...

"She was clearly testing the strength of her cigarette lighter on some non-flammable material. Something everyone would do."

Thanks for proving just how ridiculous the wringing and writhing around the memorial pisser is.

Here's an absolute pearler from his sentencing, which just about sums up Saturday's shame:

"He stated he attended the protest to ‘protect the statues’, but didn’t know what he was protecting."

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 1186 viewsJango

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:51 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

"Although these improvements are thought to be the main drivers for the increases seen, there have been short-term genuine rises in hate crime following certain events such as the EU Referendum in June 2016"

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2018-to-20

That's from the Home Office hate crime report and they make no mention of the ethnicity of those that committed hate crimes. Unsurprisingly, you're talking sh*te.

Overall, we found that 84% of recorded hate crimes were based on race, 8% on sexual orientation, 7% on religion and less than 1% were disability or transgender related. In line with current criminological research, a majority of accused perpetrators (76%) were men while only 21% were female. From this, we concluded that gender may impact the strands of hate crime that occur. Another strong trend that emerged was the race of both the offenders and the victims; a majority of hate crime offenders (66%) were White, while most victims (86%) are from non-White British ethnic backgrounds.

While increases in hate crime over the last five years have been mainly driven by improvements in crime recording by the police, there has been spikes in hate crime following certain events such as the EU Referendum and the terrorist attacks in 2017.

I notice you chose to leave out the part about improvements in crime recordings and terrorist attacks. It’s what you do though.
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:31 - Jun 15 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:24 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

Thanks for proving just how ridiculous the wringing and writhing around the memorial pisser is.

Here's an absolute pearler from his sentencing, which just about sums up Saturday's shame:

"He stated he attended the protest to ‘protect the statues’, but didn’t know what he was protecting."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:32 - Jun 15 with 1160 viewsCatullus

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:51 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

The full sentence includes reference to terrorist attacks. Why did you cut it off?

Are you trying to dress it up as all brexit related and all racist hate crime? I read the report and there were other hate crimes including homophobic and religious attacks. Oh yeah, lets not forget terrorism also being held responsible for some of the increase.

We wouldn't want to twist the facts would we.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:35 - Jun 15 with 1155 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:24 - Jun 15 by Jango

Overall, we found that 84% of recorded hate crimes were based on race, 8% on sexual orientation, 7% on religion and less than 1% were disability or transgender related. In line with current criminological research, a majority of accused perpetrators (76%) were men while only 21% were female. From this, we concluded that gender may impact the strands of hate crime that occur. Another strong trend that emerged was the race of both the offenders and the victims; a majority of hate crime offenders (66%) were White, while most victims (86%) are from non-White British ethnic backgrounds.

While increases in hate crime over the last five years have been mainly driven by improvements in crime recording by the police, there has been spikes in hate crime following certain events such as the EU Referendum and the terrorist attacks in 2017.

I notice you chose to leave out the part about improvements in crime recordings and terrorist attacks. It’s what you do though.

The data is from the Met Police where 59.6% of the population is white, meaning white people disproportionately commit hate crimes in London according to those findings. Try reading beyond the executive summary next time.

Improvements in crime recordings notwithstanding there was a genuine rise in hate crime after Brexit, which is what you denied. We're not discussing terrorism.

Keep coming with the frothing apologism. It's enjoyable to pick apart.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:40 - Jun 15 with 1143 viewslondonlisa2001

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 16:57 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

She was charged with criminal damage the same evening and has been bailed to appear in July.

Remember that the bloke who was charged a few years ago with swinging on the flag from the cenotaph was jailed for several months, so it’s simply not true to say that they don’t punish ‘lefties’.

I have no idea whether they have footage of the person / people who graffitied on the cenotaph - I certainly haven’t seen it if they have, so it may be harder to find who did it.

I haven’t seen any pictures of anyone urinating on the cenotaph or anything else to judge whether they’ve been similarly treated.

Jailing this bloke serves absolutely no purpose. He should have received some community service and made to do something useful that may have educated him a little as well. Perhaps with a project serving some of the minority communities he seems to fear so much. Lazy sentencing. As is frequently the case for all manner of offences.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 17:42]
Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:41 - Jun 15 with 1138 viewsDrizzy

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:32 - Jun 15 by Catullus

The full sentence includes reference to terrorist attacks. Why did you cut it off?

Are you trying to dress it up as all brexit related and all racist hate crime? I read the report and there were other hate crimes including homophobic and religious attacks. Oh yeah, lets not forget terrorism also being held responsible for some of the increase.

We wouldn't want to twist the facts would we.

Because they're two separate spikes in hate crime and one, Brexit, was relevant to the discussion. Jango was in denial that Brexit led to a rise in hate crime.

The fervour with which race hate crimes and Nazi salutes have been defended on this forum is truly sickening. No wonder Jackfath and other great posters hardly post anymore.

Man Arrested For Urinating Beside Memorial on 17:45 - Jun 15 with 1127 viewsexiledclaseboy

Absolutely loving Drizzy’s work here.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024