Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cliff Jones fitness regime 17:06 - Jun 14 with 1341 viewsArthur_from_OTB

Sorry if someone has already posted this. I think he is doing very well for an 85 year old. A lot of players are physical wrecks by their 50s but Cliff has put his background as a PE teacher to good use. It would be interesting to see what he could do if he went full out. But I think he is too modest for that.

The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 19:08 - Jun 14 with 1262 viewstheloneranger

I've met Cliff quite a few times before and since he's retired from football and he's always been a total gent, especially when my sons were younger. How much would he be worth today?? What a tremendous player, fast, skilful and with a terrific bicycle kick.

It's hard to believe seeing how fit he is at 85, but Cliff tells a story how Jimmy Greaves saved his life when he gave him a real dressing down about his heavy drinking and how he was losing his family and eventually his life. Cliff then admitted to himself that he was an alcoholic and needed help, exactly the same help that Jimmy Greaves had received.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 19:26 - Jun 14 with 1249 viewsdickythorpe

Great guy, love seeing him interviewed, never lost his jack accent.
The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 22:25 - Jun 14 with 1176 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Jones - you are an amazing man.

Respect.
They don't make them like you any more.

Beware of the Risen People

The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 10:09 - Jun 15 with 1120 viewsArthur_from_OTB

The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 22:25 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Mr Jones - you are an amazing man.

Respect.
They don't make them like you any more.

I don't like "progress" and it makes me happy to see things and people remain the same despite the passing of time. Cliff looks like he will go on for many years yet.

I know your part of the world Kilkennyjack. Many years ago I was going to buy a little cottage in a very quiet spot not far from Hugginstown. Someone put me off buying it and I forgot about it until recently when I tried to find it on google maps. It was gone. That little old cottage and garden is now under the new motorway.
The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 10:12 - Jun 15 with 1117 viewsArthur_from_OTB

The Cliff Jones fitness regime on 19:08 - Jun 14 by theloneranger

I've met Cliff quite a few times before and since he's retired from football and he's always been a total gent, especially when my sons were younger. How much would he be worth today?? What a tremendous player, fast, skilful and with a terrific bicycle kick.

It's hard to believe seeing how fit he is at 85, but Cliff tells a story how Jimmy Greaves saved his life when he gave him a real dressing down about his heavy drinking and how he was losing his family and eventually his life. Cliff then admitted to himself that he was an alcoholic and needed help, exactly the same help that Jimmy Greaves had received.

I didn't know that Cliff was a big drinker. His current fitness just shows how you can reverse unhealthy living if you try. It is never too late to get fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024