Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routers Repeaters Internet. 18:19 - Jun 16 with 2678 viewslonglostjack

Any JB‘s familiar with all this stuff? I‘ve upgraded to a package from Deutsche Telekom offering up to 240 MHz. Fritzbox router 7590. FritzPowerline1260E. We‘re having following problem. Speed coming out of router is fine but as soon as we plug in the Powerline the router periodically cuts out. Any ideas why?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 20:51 - Jun 16 with 2617 viewsArthur_from_OTB

I've just increased the range of my wifi using a couple of cheap powerline adapters and an old virgin media hub. I didn't have any problems and I now have a strong signal in my shed at the bottom of the garden. If you have a lot of noise on your circuit then I suppose that could cause trouble. Think about what other equipment is running when you get the cut outs. I haven't noticed my powerline adapters causing any reduction in my wifi speed.
Routers Repeaters Internet. on 21:29 - Jun 16 with 2594 viewslonglostjack

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 20:51 - Jun 16 by Arthur_from_OTB

I've just increased the range of my wifi using a couple of cheap powerline adapters and an old virgin media hub. I didn't have any problems and I now have a strong signal in my shed at the bottom of the garden. If you have a lot of noise on your circuit then I suppose that could cause trouble. Think about what other equipment is running when you get the cut outs. I haven't noticed my powerline adapters causing any reduction in my wifi speed.

Thanks Arthur. The cut outs occur with or without any other equipment connected. I‘m wondering whether the electric cabling in the house can’t cope with the fast speed output from the router. We had no problems at 50MHz.

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:22 - Jun 16 with 2550 viewsArthur_from_OTB

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 21:29 - Jun 16 by longlostjack

Thanks Arthur. The cut outs occur with or without any other equipment connected. I‘m wondering whether the electric cabling in the house can’t cope with the fast speed output from the router. We had no problems at 50MHz.

One of the things I've noticed about powerline adapters is that you shouldn't plug them into extension sockets - plug them into the wall. There are some tips for solving powerline adapter problems here :

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzpowerline/fritzpowerline-1260e/knowledge-base/pub
Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:26 - Jun 16 with 2547 viewsfbreath

I assume you are saying that connecting directly to router you don’t have any problems.

The only way you going to prove anything is to get another powerline to eliminate it.
Quick look on line and I see mentioned possible problem with use in apartments.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:34 - Jun 16 with 2537 viewslonglostjack

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:26 - Jun 16 by fbreath

I assume you are saying that connecting directly to router you don’t have any problems.

The only way you going to prove anything is to get another powerline to eliminate it.
Quick look on line and I see mentioned possible problem with use in apartments.

Yes. Tried it with a Devolo and had same problem.

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 04:08 - Jun 17 with 2483 viewsfbreath

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:34 - Jun 16 by longlostjack

One other thing how long after connecting the adapters does the router start playing up I.e 10 minutes 2 hours etc.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 11:08 - Jun 17 with 2419 viewslonglostjack

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 04:08 - Jun 17 by fbreath

One other thing how long after connecting the adapters does the router start playing up I.e 10 minutes 2 hours etc.

About 30 seconds later fbreath.

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 11:15 - Jun 17 with 2418 viewsSoberBaker

Routers Repeaters Internet. on 22:34 - Jun 16 by longlostjack

You've tried undressing slowly and dangling your plums over it, right?

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024