Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax code 13:46 - Jun 17 with 2362 viewsjack_lord

My tax code is very wrong - why isn't there a simple number to contact HMRC?

I have been going round in circles with government gateway etc since this morning.

I had a company car which used up my personal allowance but left there in November.
I have a company van which isn't used at all for personal use so I should now be on 1250L
but still on 85T.

Costing me a small fortune at the moment.

Anyone have a number or do I have to wait and hope they will resolve this?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Tax code on 14:03 - Jun 17 with 2330 viewsCooperman

0300 200 3310

It was only this morning that a very nice lady (who incidentally was working from home) sorted out a rebate on overpaid tax.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tax code on 14:11 - Jun 17 with 2316 viewsjack_lord

Tax code on 14:03 - Jun 17 by Cooperman

0300 200 3310

It was only this morning that a very nice lady (who incidentally was working from home) sorted out a rebate on overpaid tax.

fingers crossed - waiting for someone to answer

Tax code on 14:27 - Jun 17 with 2295 viewsexhmrc1

Tax code on 14:11 - Jun 17 by jack_lord

fingers crossed - waiting for someone to answer

Dont get your hopes up. It might have changed now but a couple of years ago an ex colleague of mine spent 50 minutes the first time getting through and 65 the next time.
Tax code on 14:45 - Jun 17 with 2273 viewsjack_lord

Tax code on 14:27 - Jun 17 by exhmrc1

Dont get your hopes up. It might have changed now but a couple of years ago an ex colleague of mine spent 50 minutes the first time getting through and 65 the next time.

They answered on about 35 minutes. Yes a satisfactory outcome.

Tax code on 14:50 - Jun 17 with 2268 viewsFireboy2

Tax code on 14:45 - Jun 17 by jack_lord

Great news JL.

Your round next home or away game
Tax code on 15:00 - Jun 17 with 2254 viewsexhmrc1

Tax code on 14:45 - Jun 17 by jack_lord

Well done. That is typical. When we answered queries in the office we had a 5 ring target but they say now the customer service has improved. I remember one day calling into our enquiry point to speak to a colleague and they had brought this new so called improved system in where the staff directed people to telephones and computers and told the customers to use that. The staff hated it. I went upstairs and said that system isnt customer service only to be told by a senior manager that the service had improved as they could ring 8 until 8. I then pointed out but they cant get through. A complete moron like most of the managers there.
Tax code on 15:03 - Jun 17 with 2246 viewsjack_lord

Tax code on 14:50 - Jun 17 by Fireboy2

Great news JL.

Your round next home or away game

I can afford to pay my council tax now and I might need it as I might be a pensioner by the next home game :)

Tax code on 15:05 - Jun 17 with 2240 viewsjack_lord

Tax code on 15:00 - Jun 17 by exhmrc1

Well done. That is typical. When we answered queries in the office we had a 5 ring target but they say now the customer service has improved. I remember one day calling into our enquiry point to speak to a colleague and they had brought this new so called improved system in where the staff directed people to telephones and computers and told the customers to use that. The staff hated it. I went upstairs and said that system isnt customer service only to be told by a senior manager that the service had improved as they could ring 8 until 8. I then pointed out but they cant get through. A complete moron like most of the managers there.

unfortunately, like a lot of businesses, managers have to justify why they are there. Whether it is right they will defend it to the hilt. It's happening in my new role and everyone can see what is about to happen except the two managers that are trying to make the change.

Login to get fewer ads

Tax code on 15:26 - Jun 17 with 2218 viewsFireboy2

Tax code on 15:03 - Jun 17 by jack_lord

I can afford to pay my council tax now and I might need it as I might be a pensioner by the next home game :)

It will happen JL, it will happen
Tax code on 15:27 - Jun 17 with 2217 viewswaynekerr55

Have you tried the online chat function?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tax code on 18:33 - Jun 18 with 2080 viewsPacemaker

I have used the HMRC Personal tax Account for the last 4 years and it is excellent, a bit of a faff to set up but very secure and very useful.

https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024