Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did goal line technology just fail? 18:50 - Jun 17 with 5449 viewsAce_Jack

The ball looked all the way over the line in the Villa game but no signal from the watch so no goal given.

Bizarre.
Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:22 - Jun 17 with 1250 viewsswan65split

Royal; connections innit!
Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:23 - Jun 17 with 1249 viewsSwanjaxs

Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:16 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

Statement from Hawkeye, which basically says “opps, soz”.

But millions of sky viewers saw it within 10 seconds via replay 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:29 - Jun 17 with 1228 viewsFlashberryjack

Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:23 - Jun 17 by Swanjaxs

But millions of sky viewers saw it within 10 seconds via replay 😂

F*ck me, the goalie was holding the ball against the inside of the goal post, even the missus said it was a goal.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Did goal line technology just fail? on 20:45 - Jun 17 with 1199 viewsmarchamjack

Who knew there was a blind-spot with the system? The makers clearly did reading that, just never told anyone it existed

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Did goal line technology just fail? on 01:27 - Jun 18 with 1070 viewsTimTtam

Did goal line technology just fail? on 19:07 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

I honestly believe this has brought the whole season into disrepute. What happens if villa stay up by a point?

The technology has failed, it is not accurate.

Also what happens if Sheffield United miss out on Europa League by 2 points?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Did goal line technology just fail? on 10:15 - Jun 18 with 980 viewsdna

Did goal line technology just fail? on 19:35 - Jun 17 by sainthelens

Who the fck has been at Grealishs' hair ?

Someone his lives with or is in his 'bubble'

Looks like everyone involved in both matches are lucky to have hairdressers that close to them - HMMM ????
Did goal line technology just fail? on 10:16 - Jun 18 with 979 views34dfgdf54

Did goal line technology just fail? on 01:27 - Jun 18 by TimTtam

Also what happens if Sheffield United miss out on Europa League by 2 points?

Exactly.

If it's human error fair enough, but you can't have technology that just works sometimes when there is millions up for grabs for each place in the premier league table. It's not reliable and not accurate, Man Utd for example may have had a borderline goal given by hawkeye previously in season or may get one in the last few games and put them in top 4.
Did goal line technology just fail? on 10:29 - Jun 18 with 969 viewsploppy

Did goal line technology just fail? on 10:16 - Jun 18 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly.

If it's human error fair enough, but you can't have technology that just works sometimes when there is millions up for grabs for each place in the premier league table. It's not reliable and not accurate, Man Utd for example may have had a borderline goal given by hawkeye previously in season or may get one in the last few games and put them in top 4.

The system is perfectly accurate, but only if it can see the ball. You can have as many tracking cameras as you like but if the ball is obscured it can't work. It's not magic. It'll be fine 99% of the time but in cases like yesterday then VAR should step in. One look at the pitchside monitor would have sorted it. That said, I think goal line tech has been an excellent addition to the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Did goal line technology just fail? on 11:46 - Jun 18 with 937 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Ref should have asked to see var tv at side of pitch. And could have seen the keeper mysteriously rolling the ball from BEHIND the post, back into play, like the rest of us. How can millions watching the game from their sofas, see the evidence, but the ref couldn’t be arsed to look at a replay, at the side of the pitch?
Unbelievable Jeff ! ! !
Did goal line technology just fail? on 12:36 - Jun 18 with 915 viewsMorganator100

Was it switched on?
Did goal line technology just fail? on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 905 viewsploppy

Did goal line technology just fail? on 12:36 - Jun 18 by Morganator100

Was it switched on?

Yes, apparently - although there seemed to be some doubt at the time. Did you not see Hawkeye's official response to the incident?
Did goal line technology just fail? on 14:56 - Jun 18 with 885 viewsTimTtam

VAR was brought in for a good reason - to stop howlers and to clean up the game. Instead, it's used selectively and has become a farce that the majority of fans want gone. How could it not be applicable here? It was clearly a controversial decision at the time. If VAR can't be used in a circumstance like that, then what's the point?

The game needs VAR. If the EPL could use it correctly like other countries and leagues do, then all would be well.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024