Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Raab 12:12 - Jun 18 with 14382 viewswaynekerr55

Thick as a pound of mince

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dominic Raab on 15:30 - Jun 18 with 1618 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 15:20 - Jun 18 by Lohengrin

Look, love, when your friends shit in the street don’t turn your head and pretend somebody else did it. Get a sack and shovel and clean up your own mess.

Firstly, genuinely, stop being so patronising.

Secondly, your ‘friends‘ have shit in the street on many, many occasions and I have never expected you to shovel up the mess.

‘My friends’ as you call them are people who genuinely support equality. The fact that there are the usual rent a crowd yobs jumping on the bandwagon doesn’t make them ‘my friends’. Anymore than the ‘patriots’ in Glasgow smashing up the city, the police, calling people ‘Fenian scum’ and raising their rancid, drug ridden arms in Nazi salutes are the friends of those your son in law will stand alongside in Iraq.

Careful Lohengrin.
Dominic Raab on 15:32 - Jun 18 with 1614 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 15:21 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

"Yes, I do support free speech, to the extent it doesn’t harm anyone else (which is what the law is here btw - we don’t live in America).

Booing someone exercising their right is not free speech. It’s you being an arse. "

So booing = harming someone else.
Right.

Again, you’ve pretended that I said something I didn’t, despite copying what I actually said.

Thicko.
Dominic Raab on 15:43 - Jun 18 with 1600 viewsLohengrin

Dominic Raab on 15:30 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Firstly, genuinely, stop being so patronising.

Secondly, your ‘friends‘ have shit in the street on many, many occasions and I have never expected you to shovel up the mess.

‘My friends’ as you call them are people who genuinely support equality. The fact that there are the usual rent a crowd yobs jumping on the bandwagon doesn’t make them ‘my friends’. Anymore than the ‘patriots’ in Glasgow smashing up the city, the police, calling people ‘Fenian scum’ and raising their rancid, drug ridden arms in Nazi salutes are the friends of those your son in law will stand alongside in Iraq.

Careful Lohengrin.

The thing about lines in the sand is you either find yourself on one side or the other.

They defy straddling, Lis.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Dominic Raab on 15:47 - Jun 18 with 1589 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 15:43 - Jun 18 by Lohengrin

The thing about lines in the sand is you either find yourself on one side or the other.

They defy straddling, Lis.

No, they don’t.

Not if you are an intelligent person.

It is perfectly easy to support a movement while also condemning any violence associated with people who attach themselves to that movement. More than easy in fact.

It’s equally possible to be patriotic while believing that parts of your country’s history are shameful.
Dominic Raab on 15:56 - Jun 18 with 1577 viewsKerouac

Dominic Raab on 15:47 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

No, they don’t.

Not if you are an intelligent person.

It is perfectly easy to support a movement while also condemning any violence associated with people who attach themselves to that movement. More than easy in fact.

It’s equally possible to be patriotic while believing that parts of your country’s history are shameful.

So you are for defunding the police and waving goodbye to the nuclear family?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Dominic Raab on 16:18 - Jun 18 with 1562 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 15:56 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

Well firstly defunding the police doesn’t mean getting rid of the police. Some of what is being asked for in the US with regard to ‘defunding the police’ is already the case in the UK and has been for decades. The police are not paid for and managed in the same way.

Secondly do I think aspects of the police budget could be better spent in a different way? Yes, I absolutely do. Drugs is a great example. I think the money wasted on the policing of drugs is ridiculous. And it doesn’t work. I would far prefer the money to be spent via education, social care, safe spaces for drugs. I would legalise them, take the crime element away, tax them and generally treat them in the way that alcohol and cigarettes are treated. Homelessness is another one. Why get the police to deal with it? The money wold be better diverted elsewhere to people who’d be far better able to provide a positive response rather than treating the homeless as ‘breaking the law’.

Youth crime and knife crime. Again the money would be better spent through the communities than the police.

So elements, yes, absolutely.

Defund the police doesn’t mean have no police force. In fact, a large number of the police agree that they are not in the best position to deal with some social issues. They don’t want to be dealing with the fall out of social and economic deprivation as though the people affected are criminals. They’d rather deal with actual criminals.

As for the nuclear family. I believe that children thrive in a safe, loving, caring, respectful home. I think there are all sorts of ways that can be provided - husband and wife, unmarried man and woman, wife and wife, husband and husband, single Mum, single Dad, grandparents. The only thing that matters is the child.
Dominic Raab on 16:25 - Jun 18 with 1550 viewsKerouac

Dominic Raab on 16:18 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Well firstly defunding the police doesn’t mean getting rid of the police. Some of what is being asked for in the US with regard to ‘defunding the police’ is already the case in the UK and has been for decades. The police are not paid for and managed in the same way.

Secondly do I think aspects of the police budget could be better spent in a different way? Yes, I absolutely do. Drugs is a great example. I think the money wasted on the policing of drugs is ridiculous. And it doesn’t work. I would far prefer the money to be spent via education, social care, safe spaces for drugs. I would legalise them, take the crime element away, tax them and generally treat them in the way that alcohol and cigarettes are treated. Homelessness is another one. Why get the police to deal with it? The money wold be better diverted elsewhere to people who’d be far better able to provide a positive response rather than treating the homeless as ‘breaking the law’.

Youth crime and knife crime. Again the money would be better spent through the communities than the police.

So elements, yes, absolutely.

Defund the police doesn’t mean have no police force. In fact, a large number of the police agree that they are not in the best position to deal with some social issues. They don’t want to be dealing with the fall out of social and economic deprivation as though the people affected are criminals. They’d rather deal with actual criminals.

As for the nuclear family. I believe that children thrive in a safe, loving, caring, respectful home. I think there are all sorts of ways that can be provided - husband and wife, unmarried man and woman, wife and wife, husband and husband, single Mum, single Dad, grandparents. The only thing that matters is the child.

Over the last couple of years I have seen posts from you criticising the government for cutting police in London.
Now you think we have too much money going to the police.

I gather from that last post that you will now argue that you are for offloading tasks that the Police currently get involved with to the 3rd sector...that costs money too, and worse there is no accountability in the 3rd sector. Everybody I know who has worked in it tell me astonishing stories of incompetence and waste.

You are gradually persuading me in favour of defunding the police in London though, that's the place where all this shite emanates, the politics and most of the violent criminals, enjoy. (if only)

Dominic Raab on 16:43 - Jun 18 with 1536 viewskrunchykarrot

I agree with Raab about taking the knee. I think Max Headroom and his sidekick would show their bare backsides on Tower Bridge if they were told it would get votes.

Keep politics out of sport, there should have been no BLM on shirts.
Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Raab on 16:47 - Jun 18 with 1532 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 16:25 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

Over the last couple of years I have seen posts from you criticising the government for cutting police in London.
Now you think we have too much money going to the police.

I gather from that last post that you will now argue that you are for offloading tasks that the Police currently get involved with to the 3rd sector...that costs money too, and worse there is no accountability in the 3rd sector. Everybody I know who has worked in it tell me astonishing stories of incompetence and waste.

You are gradually persuading me in favour of defunding the police in London though, that's the place where all this shite emanates, the politics and most of the violent criminals, enjoy. (if only)

Again you conflate two different things.

Amount of money and how it is spent. It’s perfect to possible to defund them in some aspects of what they do while adding to their available resources in other aspects. Indeed, that’s sort of the whole point.

Similarly with how it could be handled as an alternative. I haven’t said anything about who should or shouldn’t manage it instead In terms of structures, just that I don’t believe the police manage it well (neither do they).

Your last comment just shows you up to be a complete arse. Probably worse, actually.
Dominic Raab on 17:49 - Jun 18 with 1483 viewsNotLoyal

Dominic Raab on 13:01 - Jun 18 by JimmyGilligan

He's probably referring to this

Although he is a buff nut.
That's the right answer.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Dominic Raab on 17:53 - Jun 18 with 1475 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Raab on 17:49 - Jun 18 by NotLoyal

Although he is a buff nut.
That's the right answer.

He said that the taking the knee came from Game of Thrones.

You can’t possibly describe that as the ‘right answer’.

There are two possibilities. Either he’s so ill informed about the world situation he’s unfit to be the Foreign Secretary. Or he’s deliberately trying to provoke an already inflamed situation which will lead to the threat of more violence and damage on the streets of the UK.

Which is it?
Dominic Raab on 17:56 - Jun 18 with 1463 viewsEbo

The snowflakes offended by the knee in this thread is incredible. They just don't see that they are part of the problem.

Good on Swansea and football in general I say for standing shoulder to shoulder to address institutional racism.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Dominic Raab on 18:32 - Jun 18 with 1433 viewswaynekerr55

Dominic Raab on 17:53 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

He said that the taking the knee came from Game of Thrones.

You can’t possibly describe that as the ‘right answer’.

There are two possibilities. Either he’s so ill informed about the world situation he’s unfit to be the Foreign Secretary. Or he’s deliberately trying to provoke an already inflamed situation which will lead to the threat of more violence and damage on the streets of the UK.

Which is it?

I'll go for the first as he's not very bright

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dominic Raab on 19:47 - Jun 18 with 1395 viewsGroo

The phrase 'take the knee' was commonly used in Game of Thrones, the use of that term to indicate kneeling I had never heard before reading the books and watching the TV series.

So yes, indeed, in my mind it does originate in Game of Thrones.

The BLM use of the term I believe started in 2016'ish. Many decades after the first book.

Groo does what Groo does best

Dominic Raab on 20:24 - Jun 18 with 1378 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dominic Raab on 15:56 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

The party who you’ve consistently voted for has slashed funding for the police and the fire service. They’ve just laid off a pile of student nurses who bravely stepped in to help the overworked NHS during the pandemic. Time after time you prove yourself not only a laughing stock but also vile and offensive. I think you should seriously f*ck off from here you tedious racist b*stard

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:33 - Jun 18 with 1362 viewsDrizzy

Dominic Raab on 20:24 - Jun 18 by Brynmill_Jack

The party who you’ve consistently voted for has slashed funding for the police and the fire service. They’ve just laid off a pile of student nurses who bravely stepped in to help the overworked NHS during the pandemic. Time after time you prove yourself not only a laughing stock but also vile and offensive. I think you should seriously f*ck off from here you tedious racist b*stard

Seconded.

Unhinged, debased and offers nothing but conspiracy narratives that border on psychosis. Needs to see a health professional ASAP.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:33]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Dominic Raab on 20:44 - Jun 18 with 1341 viewsKerouac

Dominic Raab on 20:24 - Jun 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Cuts had to be made because Labour bailed out the City of London and didn't attach any strings.
This country had a huge deficit.

There is such a thing as reality, now f*ck off.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 18 with 1336 viewsKerouac

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:33 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Seconded.

Unhinged, debased and offers nothing but conspiracy narratives that border on psychosis. Needs to see a health professional ASAP.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:33]

In case you haven't noticed, I don't give a f*ck what an idiot like you thinks, about anything.

Dominic Raab on 20:47 - Jun 18 with 1336 viewsDrizzy

Dominic Raab on 15:03 - Jun 18 by Lohengrin

” It’s a gesture to recognise the struggle of others.”

Is it? Is it now? Can you explain to me exactly what your new friends spray painting all over the Highland Division memorial last week was supposed to achieve?

Do you know how much a serving soldier takes home a month? I can tell you now, £1400. I’ve got one by the side of me in the kitchen now and he’s off to Iraq in a month or so risking his life for less money than people like me have to stump up every month to pay the benefits of scum like that.

Don’t lecture me on decency and respect.

Considering the service complaints ombudsman said only a year ago that "incidents of racism are occurring with increasing and depressing frequency" I'd say it's a pertinent, if distasteful, way of protesting institutional racism.

The majority of people don't condone it but understand the cause. The same can't be said for those giving Nazi salutes in defence of the memorials.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:49]

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Jun 18 with 1324 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

In case you haven't noticed, I don't give a f*ck what an idiot like you thinks, about anything.

Nobody's reading your posts and the only ones that do are other conspiracy nutjobs.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 18 with 1319 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Nobody's reading your posts and the only ones that do are other conspiracy nutjobs.

And the other racists. Which usually amounts to much the same thing.

Poll: Tory leader

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:56 - Jun 18 with 1302 viewsKerouac

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

Yeah, keep telling yourself that...and nobody votes the way they do...and when Labour loses Corbyn wins...and on and on and on and on you tw*ts go.

Well done leftys on turning my thread on the intellectual ideas that led us to today into an anti-Semitic, conspiracy, fest.
Makes no difference, the people of this country have had enough of the politically correct/identity politics that you are selling...keep doubling down see where it gets you.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:58 - Jun 18 with 1287 viewsNeath_Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:56 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

Yeah, keep telling yourself that...and nobody votes the way they do...and when Labour loses Corbyn wins...and on and on and on and on you tw*ts go.

Well done leftys on turning my thread on the intellectual ideas that led us to today into an anti-Semitic, conspiracy, fest.
Makes no difference, the people of this country have had enough of the politically correct/identity politics that you are selling...keep doubling down see where it gets you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 18 with 1280 viewsFlashberryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 18 by exiledclaseboy

And the other racists. Which usually amounts to much the same thing.

So you don't read his posts then ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 18 with 1273 viewsDrizzy

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:56 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

Your intellectual ideas consisted of an incoherent list of Wikipedia links (that nobody clicked) and YouTube videos (which nobody watches).

You're not even a good conspiracy theorist, usually there's some attention to detail. You're a ranting loon, who's rants should invoke sympathy because you're clearly unwell but you're far too hateful.

It's better for you and this forum if you leave.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024