Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Ben....Gone 14:52 - Jun 18 with 14686 viewssP7qupUf

The black character that has appeared on Uncle Ben's rice packaging is being dropped to avoid causing offence. When is all this going to end? This example is ridiculous.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:07 - Jun 19 with 1752 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:59 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but given the rest of ‘em that’s not saying much.

Ban em.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:27 - Jun 19 with 1715 viewsGaryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:22 - Jun 19 by Humpty

Here's two.

Is Cultural Marxism a conspiracy theory? by Kerouac 17 Jun 2020 0:48
Ace and Drizzy feel able to claim that the very notion of Cultural Marxism is a taboo subject (suspicious that) and an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theory".

So it should be easy for them to destroy my argument then right?
Or alternatively their mate ECB will delete this in order to avoid the conversation.

So I'll kick us off then boys with an extract from Wikipedia, does it contain anything false?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The Frankfurt School perspective of critical investigation (open-ended and self-critical) is based upon Freudian, Marxist and Hegelian premises of idealist philosophy. To fill the omissions of 19th-century classical Marxism, which could not address 20th-century social problems, they applied the methods of antipositivist sociology, of psychoanalysis, and of existentialism. The School's sociologic works derived from syntheses of the thematically pertinent works of Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx, of Sigmund Freud and Max Weber, and of Georg Simmel and Georg Lukács.
Like Karl Marx, the Frankfurt School concerned themselves with the conditions (political, economic, societal) that allow for social change realised by way of rational social institutions. The emphasis upon the critical component of social theory derived from surpassing the ideological limitations of positivism, materialism, and determinism, by returning to the critical philosophy of Kant, and his successors in German idealism – principally the philosophy of Hegel, which emphasised dialectic and contradiction as intellectual properties inherent to the human grasp of material reality.

Black Lives Matter on football shirts by Darran 18 Jun 2020 11:04
Is there anyone on here that cares so much that they would actually sign a petition against it?

The reason I ask is because I’ve just seen a former poster off here promoting the petition on Twitter.

Seriously how could any human being care enough about to sign it unless they’re a rampant racist?

Who actually gives a fuçk enough?

Apologies, i should have stated that i meant regular posters. Of course sammylee3 has been around a while, although he did start with sammylee and now he's on no3 That tells you all you need to know about him.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:19 - Jun 20 with 1672 viewsHumpty

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:27 - Jun 19 by Garyjack

Apologies, i should have stated that i meant regular posters. Of course sammylee3 has been around a while, although he did start with sammylee and now he's on no3 That tells you all you need to know about him.

No problem.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:31 - Jul 14 with 1522 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 15:19 - Jun 18 by Highjack

I bet that Captain Birdseye got up to all sorts at ports in every corner of the world.

Called it! First they came for Uncle Ben, now Captain Birdseye is being replaced by Captain Charlotte, but it’s all in a good cause as she’s a very nice foster mum who has won a competition.

No fish finger jokes at the back there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:51 - Jul 15 with 1322 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:31 - Jul 14 by Highjack

Called it! First they came for Uncle Ben, now Captain Birdseye is being replaced by Captain Charlotte, but it’s all in a good cause as she’s a very nice foster mum who has won a competition.

Donated any money to those anti-slavery charities yet?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:29 - Jul 15 with 1308 viewsLuther27

Uncle Ben....Gone on 22:51 - Jul 15 by Drizzy

Donated any money to those anti-slavery charities yet?

You obviously haven’t otherwise there would be no sweat shops in Lancashire. Get your money out and donate you hypocrite. It’s called tax to fund the abolition of Modern Slavery.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:32 - Jul 15 with 1301 viewsLuther27

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:31 - Jul 14 by Highjack

I can’t wait to see who’s going to advertise Vagisil
Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:20 - Jul 16 with 1279 viewsDJack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:32 - Jul 15 by Luther27

I can’t wait to see who’s going to advertise Vagisil

That'll be Highjack... he's a bit of a dry tw*t.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:31 - Jul 16 with 1278 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:29 - Jul 15 by Luther27

You obviously haven’t otherwise there would be no sweat shops in Lancashire. Get your money out and donate you hypocrite. It’s called tax to fund the abolition of Modern Slavery.

Have a Berocca in the morning, mush.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 07:47 - Jul 16 with 1250 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 23:29 - Jul 15 by Luther27

Modern slavery isn’t a problem to our Drizz. It can be easily solved by donating a few quid to some police website. But show him a portrait of a merchant born in the early 1600’s and he’s apoplectic with rage. That shit must be stopped immediately.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 07:49 - Jul 16 with 1246 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:20 - Jul 16 by DJack

That'll be Highjack... he's a bit of a dry tw*t.

As long as the money is good I’ll peddle anything.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 08:56 - Jul 16 with 1231 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 07:47 - Jul 16 by Highjack

Modern slavery isn’t a problem to our Drizz. It can be easily solved by donating a few quid to some police website. But show him a portrait of a merchant born in the early 1600’s and he’s apoplectic with rage. That shit must be stopped immediately.

Have you actually done anything to combat modern slavery? Or is it only mentioned to absolve Britain's historical guilt?

It's quite telling that you go quiet when I post the link to some charities you can donate to.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 10:22 - Jul 16 with 1217 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 08:56 - Jul 16 by Drizzy

Have you actually done anything to combat modern slavery? Or is it only mentioned to absolve Britain's historical guilt?

It's quite telling that you go quiet when I post the link to some charities you can donate to.

I’ve helped many people who have been a victim of it yes but that’s all I want to say on the subject.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 11:04 - Jul 16 with 1211 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 10:22 - Jul 16 by Highjack

I’ve helped many people who have been a victim of it yes but that’s all I want to say on the subject.

Do you think your own experiences of modern slavery are in any way relevant to the prevalence of racism in the UK?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 11:21 - Jul 16 with 1197 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 11:04 - Jul 16 by Drizzy

Do you think your own experiences of modern slavery are in any way relevant to the prevalence of racism in the UK?

Not particularly. The victims in my case were more the result of sex rather than race and wasn’t in the UK.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 16:01 - Jul 16 with 1152 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 11:21 - Jul 16 by Highjack

Not particularly. The victims in my case were more the result of sex rather than race and wasn’t in the UK.

Ah, right. I'm not sure what you've experienced but I'm sure there's a historical precedent for it.

In your experience dealing with the victims, do you think it would have been useful to tell them that slavery has happened all throughout history and that, actually, it was a lot more brutal in the 18th century?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 16:40 - Jul 16 with 1142 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 16:01 - Jul 16 by Drizzy

Ah, right. I'm not sure what you've experienced but I'm sure there's a historical precedent for it.

In your experience dealing with the victims, do you think it would have been useful to tell them that slavery has happened all throughout history and that, actually, it was a lot more brutal in the 18th century?

Funnily enough it didn’t come up in conversation. There were more pressing matters at hand.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 17:34 - Jul 16 with 1128 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 16:40 - Jul 16 by Highjack

Funnily enough it didn’t come up in conversation. There were more pressing matters at hand.

Fab. One last question.

Imagine the slavery didn't exist in the future, and women of the same country faced a new set of issues such as huge rates of domestic abuse. Imagine they had been failed by the same authorities and referred to previous failures like the slavery that you had experienced. Would you be understanding of their historical account of mistreatment or would you reiterate that slavery and domestic abuse has existed everywhere throughout history?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:41 - Jul 17 with 1064 viewsKerouac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024