Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Ben....Gone 14:52 - Jun 18 with 14645 viewssP7qupUf

The black character that has appeared on Uncle Ben's rice packaging is being dropped to avoid causing offence. When is all this going to end? This example is ridiculous.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:09 - Jun 18 with 1479 viewswaynekerr55

Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:51 - Jun 18 by Flashberryjack

The only ones exploding are those that lost the election and brexit votes.

As I said, I really couldn't give a flying f*ck what they rebrand to avoid giving offence, just seems a bit silly IMO.

Excuse my stupidity, did you just post that lexiters and remainers are exploding about Uncle Ben removing the badge?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:12 - Jun 18 with 1475 viewsCatullus

Uncle Ben....Gone on 16:04 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

The reason ‘uncle’ and ‘aunt’ were used for black people, is because they weren’t entitled to be called Mr or Mrs. It was either their first name, or Uncle or Aunt. Uncle is tantamount to ‘boy’.

That’s why many black people find the brand offensive.

That's why in this case I agree. However subtle it may be to many, there is the quiet suggestion of being a black house servant, the bow tie, the 'Uncle' reference. Better to just change it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:13 - Jun 18 with 1472 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:09 - Jun 18 by waynekerr55

Excuse my stupidity, did you just post that lexiters and remainers are exploding about Uncle Ben removing the badge?

No.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:17 - Jun 18 with 1456 viewswaynekerr55

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:13 - Jun 18 by Flashberryjack

No.

It's been a long day

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:26 - Jun 18 with 1438 viewsDrizzy

Another cesspit of the usual suspects, hiding behind the notion that political correctness has GORN MAD. It's a logo that's 74 years old, connotes the way Southerners used to address their house slaves and the company did it by its own accord.

No doubt these people would have been equally outraged at the Golliwog being banned and having to refer to people by their ethnicity rather than "coloured". The magnitude of this group's self-imposed victimhood is unmatched. They're triggered enough to research murder statistics in London all because a packet rice logo has changed.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:29]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:32 - Jun 18 with 1420 viewsCatullus

Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:53 - Jun 18 by waynekerr55

They are but due to abject levels of poverty and the general shit life chances they are attracted to county lines and the gang life.

It's a complex situation and the people from the black community I have interacted with (many in Harlesden/Neasden etc.) are up in arms about it. Nothing to do with swinging cuts to police forces/projects etc.???

Great point. I have said several times I think racism is mostly a top down problem. When the government makes cuts they affect the poorest communities the most. When the poorest areas are mostly made up of ethnic minorities. Unless it's in Wales. London, Birmingham, Manchester, kids are practically forced into a life of crime to survive. Then people crack on about the stats showing black people are responsible for most crime without even thinking about the reasons why.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:37 - Jun 18 with 1403 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:32 - Jun 18 by Catullus

Great point. I have said several times I think racism is mostly a top down problem. When the government makes cuts they affect the poorest communities the most. When the poorest areas are mostly made up of ethnic minorities. Unless it's in Wales. London, Birmingham, Manchester, kids are practically forced into a life of crime to survive. Then people crack on about the stats showing black people are responsible for most crime without even thinking about the reasons why.

This is precisely it. The biggest indicator of crime (victim/committing) is poverty level. So many in poorer communities, which are disproportionately black, turn to crime because it pays more in a week than a minimum wage job will in a year. It's the definition of a systemic issue. Most people, who don't feel victimised by the campaign for black rights, can see this.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:39]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:54 - Jun 18 with 1381 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:32 - Jun 18 by Catullus

Very often they aren’t forced into a life of crime, they’re groomed into it. I grew up with f*ck all but I’ve never so much as stolen 5p. A few of my friends got involved with peddling drugs by an older bloke with a nice car and promises of easy wealth and they’ve been in and out of prison pretty much constantly for the last twenty years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:02 - Jun 18 with 1361 viewsNeath_Jack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:54 - Jun 18 by Highjack

Very often they aren’t forced into a life of crime, they’re groomed into it. I grew up with f*ck all but I’ve never so much as stolen 5p. A few of my friends got involved with peddling drugs by an older bloke with a nice car and promises of easy wealth and they’ve been in and out of prison pretty much constantly for the last twenty years.

" A few of my friends got involved with peddling drugs by an older bloke with a nice car and promises of easy wealth"

Talk about a text book stereotype ffs, that's not how it works around these parts Hige.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:04 - Jun 18 with 1352 viewsSwanjaxs

This is all getting a bit silly isn't it.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:04 - Jun 18 with 1345 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:02 - Jun 18 by Neath_Jack

" A few of my friends got involved with peddling drugs by an older bloke with a nice car and promises of easy wealth"

Talk about a text book stereotype ffs, that's not how it works around these parts Hige.

Do you have Huggy Bear in Neath?

Poll: Tory leader

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:09 - Jun 18 with 1333 viewsNeath_Jack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:04 - Jun 18 by exiledclaseboy

Haven't all tinpot provincial towns got one?

They usually go around luring impressionable youngsters with promises of gold and diamonds. Works every time.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 21:12]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:10 - Jun 18 with 1327 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:04 - Jun 18 by exiledclaseboy

It was Skewen actually.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:13 - Jun 18 with 1319 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:09 - Jun 18 by Neath_Jack

Haven't all tinpot provincial towns got one?

They usually go around luring impressionable youngsters with promises of gold and diamonds. Works every time.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 21:12]

It was Valium and white lightning at first. Then when they were hooked it was the cocaine, then it was “do me a favour, I haven’t got much room in my house, look after these bags of white powder for me.”

He got four years after the police raided his garage. It nearly killed his mum. Her rollers fell out and everything.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:15 - Jun 18 with 1313 viewsSwanjaxs

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:10 - Jun 18 by Highjack

It was Skewen actually.

I'm pretty sure a cousin of Pablo Escobar used to have an ice cream van that used to do the rounds in Skewen a few years ago.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:20 - Jun 18 with 1293 viewsFlashberryjack

2 years ago I noticed a young lad painting the house next door but one, he looked to be doing a cracking job, so I asked him if he'd give me a price to do mine.

The price was fair, and he started on my house about 2 weeks later, he loved his cups of tea so I had a couple of good chats with him (he's a very small lad with an unoticable disability)

He said he was very busy, and I joked what he was going to do with all the cash, I'm saving up for a car he told me, with that a youngster pulled up in a very nice but small car, and they spoke for a short while, I said he must have tidy job ? "nah! he said, he gave up his job to sell drugs, he said it's much easier than getting up in the mornings and the pay is better".

So I said, you don't deal do you? nah! I'm not into that sh*t, but I'll end up with a car and he'll end up dead or in prison.

There are choices.

Hello

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:21 - Jun 18 with 1291 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:15 - Jun 18 by Swanjaxs

I'm pretty sure a cousin of Pablo Escobar used to have an ice cream van that used to do the rounds in Skewen a few years ago.

That’s right but we used to know him as Mr Whippy.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:25 - Jun 18 with 1282 viewsNeath_Jack

There was a boy that lived in my street, lovely lad, used to play football every weekend, had a good job but not much money, then all of a sudden he came home driving a Ferrari! We asked him how he managed to buy it and he said he packed in work on Friday, started dealing drugs and then he bought it on the Monday.

We all stood up and applauded.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:26 - Jun 18 with 1273 viewsdickythorpe

God help Snowdonia cheese!

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:28 - Jun 18 with 1266 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:25 - Jun 18 by Neath_Jack

There was a boy that lived in my street, lovely lad, used to play football every weekend, had a good job but not much money, then all of a sudden he came home driving a Ferrari! We asked him how he managed to buy it and he said he packed in work on Friday, started dealing drugs and then he bought it on the Monday.

Didn't you take the knee ?

Hello

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:33 - Jun 18 with 1252 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:25 - Jun 18 by Neath_Jack

Exactly. These are the tales of the underworld that you never hear about in the MSM. They don’t want to glamourise it see? There was one time the Caewathan Crew took over the swings and were like “yeah well what are you going to do about it?” and we were like “yeah well we’re just going to push you off the swings.” It was utter carnage but we didn’t know that one of the lads Arnold Highkicks had been involved in some embezzlement with the feds and had the funds to buy the top of the range nerf gun with thermal magnification scope and double pump action. They scattered like the rats that they were.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:34 - Jun 18 with 1249 viewsCatullus

Grooming, to me at least, is tantamount to forcing. Which is different to enticing or being enticed. Groomers start off nice but often end up using threats. People can be enticed in by the promise of money with no threats needed.
Gang culture is different though, specially in the USA. I've seen/read that kids can be given the choice, join a gang or face the consequences.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:37 - Jun 18 with 1243 viewsNeath_Jack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:33 - Jun 18 by Highjack

Exactly. These are the tales of the underworld that you never hear about in the MSM. They don’t want to glamourise it see? There was one time the Caewathan Crew took over the swings and were like “yeah well what are you going to do about it?” and we were like “yeah well we’re just going to push you off the swings.” It was utter carnage but we didn’t know that one of the lads Arnold Highkicks had been involved in some embezzlement with the feds and had the funds to buy the top of the range nerf gun with thermal magnification scope and double pump action. They scattered like the rats that they were.

It's scary out there, stay safe.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:42 - Jun 18 with 1229 viewsSwanjaxs

I didn't realise Neath/Skewen/BF was so crime riddled back in the 70's...

Where was Ironside when you needed him 👍🏻

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:47 - Jun 18 with 1216 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:37 - Jun 18 by Drizzy

This is precisely it. The biggest indicator of crime (victim/committing) is poverty level. So many in poorer communities, which are disproportionately black, turn to crime because it pays more in a week than a minimum wage job will in a year. It's the definition of a systemic issue. Most people, who don't feel victimised by the campaign for black rights, can see this.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:39]

What an absolute load of shite! There are millions of people in this country on minimum wage of all ethnic backgrounds. Fortunately most take the road of living decent honest lives and try to better themselves. But then there are the low life scum who as you say " Can earn more in a week than a minimum wage job will pay in a year," and are willing to kill each other on the streets in the process! What an utterly disgraceful post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024