Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Ben....Gone 14:52 - Jun 18 with 14738 viewssP7qupUf

The black character that has appeared on Uncle Ben's rice packaging is being dropped to avoid causing offence. When is all this going to end? This example is ridiculous.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 1568 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:14 - Jun 19 by Highjack

I can confirm that John Lennon is not a walrus.

Excellent. You now know that song lyrics aren't meant to be taken literally.

Now donate some money to one of the charities I've linked and I'll leave you be.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 1568 viewswaynekerr55

Uncle Ben....Gone on 10:46 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

It's not so much about absentee fathers (some fathers in this world are better off gone), but the point about positive male role models does hold some weight. It does make a difference if a young man of any ethnic group has someone to look up to and is prepared to take on the role, be it a dad, uncle, family friend, teacher or whatever.

Always worth checking out what Ian Wright had to say about his old teacher Syd Pigden. He makes that point specifically.

This amplifies my (poorly worded) point earlier; the subject is too complex to give definitive answers either way, there will always be shades of grey.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:26 - Jun 19 with 1563 viewsJango

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:04 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

Black people are searched at disproportionate rates all over the UK, in fact the highest rate is in Dorset of all places.

It's not hard to back up your arguments with evidence. That is if the evidence actually exists.

In Liverpool.

Mr Cooke - the National Police Chiefs Council's lead on organised crime - said the force is doing an average of between 900 and 1,000 a month. He said about 95% of the searches are conducted on white Europeans who are responsible for the majority of the area's crime.

The chief constable said the searches were "about criminality not race"
He said it was wrong to think of the strategy as discriminatory but rather as "disruption" to individuals causing the most harm, damage or violence in communities and "putting the fear back on criminals".

"Criminals feel safer carrying weapons to cause harm, or weapons to commit acquisitive offences... because they know there are less police officers, and even if there are officers there is less chance they will be stopped and searched for them."

Also.

A third of stops and searches uncover something relevant

These are called “positive outcome” searches–which refers to any case where action is taken against people who’ve been stopped and searched. This includes arrest cases but also covers other resolutions like warnings and Penalty Notices. All cases where there isn’t a positive outcome are called “No Further Actions”.

Across England and Wales 30% of stops and searches had a positive outcome in 2017/18.

This figure could be higher in reality because some No Further Action cases do involve detentions under the Mental Health Act or informal advice being given when an officer has found something untoward.

The figures are similar for the Metropolitan Police in London. In 2017/18 60% of stop and searches resulting in a “positive outcome” were related to drugs offences, 11% to theft, fraud and counterfeit offences, and 9% were for “weapons, points and blades”.

I
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 12:35]
Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:49 - Jun 19 with 1531 viewsDrizzy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:26 - Jun 19 by Jango

In Liverpool.

Mr Cooke - the National Police Chiefs Council's lead on organised crime - said the force is doing an average of between 900 and 1,000 a month. He said about 95% of the searches are conducted on white Europeans who are responsible for the majority of the area's crime.

The chief constable said the searches were "about criminality not race"
He said it was wrong to think of the strategy as discriminatory but rather as "disruption" to individuals causing the most harm, damage or violence in communities and "putting the fear back on criminals".

"Criminals feel safer carrying weapons to cause harm, or weapons to commit acquisitive offences... because they know there are less police officers, and even if there are officers there is less chance they will be stopped and searched for them."

Also.

A third of stops and searches uncover something relevant

These are called “positive outcome” searches–which refers to any case where action is taken against people who’ve been stopped and searched. This includes arrest cases but also covers other resolutions like warnings and Penalty Notices. All cases where there isn’t a positive outcome are called “No Further Actions”.

Across England and Wales 30% of stops and searches had a positive outcome in 2017/18.

This figure could be higher in reality because some No Further Action cases do involve detentions under the Mental Health Act or informal advice being given when an officer has found something untoward.

The figures are similar for the Metropolitan Police in London. In 2017/18 60% of stop and searches resulting in a “positive outcome” were related to drugs offences, 11% to theft, fraud and counterfeit offences, and 9% were for “weapons, points and blades”.

I
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 12:35]

I don't understand the first cut and paste job? Is that supposed to show that white people are disproportionately targeted too?

Liverpool's population is 91% white and by Mr. Cooke's figures they're being targeted at 1.04x the average.

The second cut and paste job is far from a ringing endorsement for stop and search. It's always been evaluated as a strategy for tackling knife crime, by uncovering knives and deterring people from carrying knives but it hasn't worked. Knife crime has been on the rise despite increases in stop and search. In fact, your figures show only 5% of stop and searches found a weapon which doesn't even indicate a crime has been or will be committed.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:54 - Jun 19 with 1520 viewsHighjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:18 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

Excellent. You now know that song lyrics aren't meant to be taken literally.

Now donate some money to one of the charities I've linked and I'll leave you be.

I didn’t say they should be taken literally. Those are just the activities he sings about that I wouldn’t have had time to do as a kid. I did dick some bitches in later life but at that age I was quite content with chess club and being a marauding full back.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 1485 viewsJango

Uncle Ben....Gone on 12:49 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

I don't understand the first cut and paste job? Is that supposed to show that white people are disproportionately targeted too?

Liverpool's population is 91% white and by Mr. Cooke's figures they're being targeted at 1.04x the average.

The second cut and paste job is far from a ringing endorsement for stop and search. It's always been evaluated as a strategy for tackling knife crime, by uncovering knives and deterring people from carrying knives but it hasn't worked. Knife crime has been on the rise despite increases in stop and search. In fact, your figures show only 5% of stop and searches found a weapon which doesn't even indicate a crime has been or will be committed.

You said black people are disproportionately targeted all over the U.K. but they aren’t on Liverpool. You knew that though because it says so in the same paragraph you got your Dorset information from. Also, Your link only refers to wales and England.

You don’t think a 60% positive outcome is a good thing?

When I was a kid a group of us were surround by cops from a riot van suspected of throwing eggs and stones at cars. We were searched, questioned and let on our way. We were respectful and they could see it wasn’t us. We were brought up to respect the police. These days black kids are basically given the excuse they are targeted and rather than respect the law they just abuse them
And throw a camera in their face. How about we educate them to respect the law rather than find excuses for them.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 14:27]
Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 1474 viewswaynekerr55

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:28 - Jun 19 by Jango

You said black people are disproportionately targeted all over the U.K. but they aren’t on Liverpool. You knew that though because it says so in the same paragraph you got your Dorset information from. Also, Your link only refers to wales and England.

When I was a kid a group of us were surround by cops from a riot van suspected of throwing eggs and stones at cars. We were searched, questioned and let on our way. We were respectful and they could see it wasn’t us. We were brought up to respect the police. These days black kids are basically given the excuse they are targeted and rather than respect the law they just abuse them
And throw a camera in their face. How about we educate them to respect the law rather than find excuses for them.

Jango not all black kids are like this. Yes there are some but they're not the only ones

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:47 - Jun 19 with 1457 viewsJango

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:38 - Jun 19 by waynekerr55

Jango not all black kids are like this. Yes there are some but they're not the only ones

Of course they’re not. My older brother is black and I’ve got black nephews who are lovely kids. The problem we’ve got is those black kids that are involved in petty crime or Gangs are being constantly told they are being victimised and the police are the bad guys. Give the police whatever powers they need and educate all children that they respect the police or face the consequences.
Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:52 - Jun 19 with 1447 viewsDrizzy

Here are the figures from Merseyside if you looked at the table.

Merseyside stop & searches per 1000 people
Black 43 White 13

"You don’t think a 60% positive outcome is a good thing?"

It's clearly not working at dealing with knife crime considering they only find a knife, or other weapon, around 5% of the time. Once again, knife crime wasn't deterred by stop and search if anything it increased. Finding nominal amounts of weed on young black kids isn't a successful outcome.

Thanks for the anecdote but it means absolutely f*ck all.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 14:35 - Jun 19 with 1417 viewsJango

Uncle Ben....Gone on 13:52 - Jun 19 by Drizzy

Here are the figures from Merseyside if you looked at the table.

Merseyside stop & searches per 1000 people
Black 43 White 13

"You don’t think a 60% positive outcome is a good thing?"

It's clearly not working at dealing with knife crime considering they only find a knife, or other weapon, around 5% of the time. Once again, knife crime wasn't deterred by stop and search if anything it increased. Finding nominal amounts of weed on young black kids isn't a successful outcome.

Thanks for the anecdote but it means absolutely f*ck all.

Stop and account

Merseyside Police record stop and accounts.

Merseyside is one of only nine police forces in England and Wales that record stop and accounts.

In 2013/14, a total of 2,047 recorded stop and accounts where carried out across the force. Of these:

1,868 were of whites
34 were of blacks
21 were of Asians
22 were of people from mixed backgrounds
56 were of Chinese people or those from other backgrounds

When you look at the actual numbers it’s nowhere as bad as the stats you use make it look. Anyone who looks at those numbers and suggests there’s discrimination against black people need a good look at themselves.

A positive outcome is a positive outcome. Give them more powers to stop and search and we’ll have more positive outcomes. You’re suggesting it’s ok for black kids to have weed on them even though it’s against the law. Just let them get stoned and sell drugs.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 14:49]
Uncle Ben....Gone on 14:49 - Jun 19 with 1401 viewsProfessor

Merseyside Police have made a lot of progress to stamp out racism and in particular institutional racism. Indeed they were commended over how they handled the murder of Anthony Walker (who was horrifically murdered in racist attack by Joey Barton's brother and cousin). Coupled with the fact that Liverpool's gangs are predominantly white, then stop and search should be lower in what is a mix of a long term and largely mixed race population, with a smaller post-Windrush Afro-Caribbean population. It's a combination, not a single factor.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:31 - Jun 19 with 1348 viewsJango

https://www.facebook.com/100001072518051/posts/3105116019534118/?d=n

This video sums up the shocking state of affairs at the moment. Too many people twisting statistics and turning a blind eye to the most important ones.
Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:56 - Jun 19 with 1331 viewsHumpty

Uncle Ben....Gone on 00:29 - Jun 19 by Garyjack

Hmmm, Whether he was high on drugs or not, i quite clearly stated that he was indeed murdered, so nothing to see there. Also i stated that i would like to think that there were no racists on PS. I stand by that, though if there were then i would condemn them strongly if they were brave enough to show themselves up for what they are.

Gar, have you seen what SammyLee has been posting over the last couple of days?

If you have, how can you say there are no racists on this forum?
Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:14 - Jun 19 with 1314 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:56 - Jun 19 by Humpty

To be fair to Garry, if there are people posting racist comments on this site, then it's up to the mods to remove the posts, or ban the person making them.

Far to many posters are being branded racists on here for having different opinions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:15 - Jun 19 with 1311 viewsGaryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 19:56 - Jun 19 by Humpty

I'm sorry i haven't. What thread is it on?
Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:22 - Jun 19 with 1289 viewsHumpty

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:15 - Jun 19 by Garyjack

I'm sorry i haven't. What thread is it on?

Here's two.

Is Cultural Marxism a conspiracy theory? by Kerouac 17 Jun 2020 0:48
Ace and Drizzy feel able to claim that the very notion of Cultural Marxism is a taboo subject (suspicious that) and an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theory".

So it should be easy for them to destroy my argument then right?
Or alternatively their mate ECB will delete this in order to avoid the conversation.

So I'll kick us off then boys with an extract from Wikipedia, does it contain anything false?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The Frankfurt School perspective of critical investigation (open-ended and self-critical) is based upon Freudian, Marxist and Hegelian premises of idealist philosophy. To fill the omissions of 19th-century classical Marxism, which could not address 20th-century social problems, they applied the methods of antipositivist sociology, of psychoanalysis, and of existentialism. The School's sociologic works derived from syntheses of the thematically pertinent works of Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx, of Sigmund Freud and Max Weber, and of Georg Simmel and Georg Lukács.
Like Karl Marx, the Frankfurt School concerned themselves with the conditions (political, economic, societal) that allow for social change realised by way of rational social institutions. The emphasis upon the critical component of social theory derived from surpassing the ideological limitations of positivism, materialism, and determinism, by returning to the critical philosophy of Kant, and his successors in German idealism – principally the philosophy of Hegel, which emphasised dialectic and contradiction as intellectual properties inherent to the human grasp of material reality.

Black Lives Matter on football shirts by Darran 18 Jun 2020 11:04
Is there anyone on here that cares so much that they would actually sign a petition against it?

The reason I ask is because I’ve just seen a former poster off here promoting the petition on Twitter.

Seriously how could any human being care enough about to sign it unless they’re a rampant racist?

Who actually gives a fuçk enough?

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:31 - Jun 19 with 1268 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:14 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

To be fair to Garry, if there are people posting racist comments on this site, then it's up to the mods to remove the posts, or ban the person making them.

Far to many posters are being branded racists on here for having different opinions.

Have you seen any such comments that warrant removal and/or a ban in your view, Flash?

Poll: Tory leader

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:13 - Jun 19 with 1231 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 20:31 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Have you seen any such comments that warrant removal and/or a ban in your view, Flash?

Not really, but I'm not that keen on banning people (I leave that stuff to you guys).

Anyway I normally just scroll down, I'm a pretty easy going kind of a guy mun.

Hello

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 1209 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:13 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

Not really, but I'm not that keen on banning people (I leave that stuff to you guys).

Anyway I normally just scroll down, I'm a pretty easy going kind of a guy mun.

Same as me then. Problem with removal and banning is that everyone has different views about what should/shouldn’t be removed and who should/shouldn’t be banned.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:27 - Jun 19 with 1202 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:26 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Same as me then. Problem with removal and banning is that everyone has different views about what should/shouldn’t be removed and who should/shouldn’t be banned.

Excuse me for agreeing with you.

Hello

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:38 - Jun 19 with 1190 viewsItchySphincter

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:26 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Who decides if something is racist? Would racist stuff get removed? You're a mod again these days aren't you, the old band back together?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:44 - Jun 19 with 1179 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:27 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

Excuse me for agreeing with you.

You’re an aggressive little tyke when you want to be.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:45 - Jun 19 with 1177 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:38 - Jun 19 by ItchySphincter

Who decides if something is racist? Would racist stuff get removed? You're a mod again these days aren't you, the old band back together?

Prosser.

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:55 - Jun 19 with 1163 viewsFlashberryjack

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:44 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

You’re an aggressive little tyke when you want to be.

Me ? you must be mixing me up with someone else mate, I'm probably one of the least aggressive posters on here.

Hello

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:59 - Jun 19 with 1155 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uncle Ben....Gone on 21:55 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

Me ? you must be mixing me up with someone else mate, I'm probably one of the least aggressive posters on here.

Yeah but given the rest of ‘em that’s not saying much.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024