Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Dury HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! 23:38 - Jun 20 with 1324 viewsdickythorpe

Ian Dury HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! on 01:41 - Jun 21 with 1278 viewsalltjack

Saw him in The Rank .Great Night.Pure Entertainment Backing bands were(I Think) Rockabilly Band called Whirlwind and a reggae band called Wahiba.Must have been about 20 of them on stage for the encore. Brilliant
Ian Dury HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! on 15:26 - Jun 21 with 1194 viewshowenjack

Saw them live in Cardiff years ago went backstage to meet them with my mate . We ate sandwiches there and chatted . Asked Norman watt Roy if he had any souvenirs we could have he gave me a ball pentel pen he had in his top pocket .
Ian Dury signed his autograph on the t shirt I was wearing . Great band .
Ian Dury HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! on 15:31 - Jun 21 with 1190 viewsDarran

I saw him in Glastonbury in 1985 when he got mudballed to fuçk and walked,well hobbled off.

”In 1985 there was an almighty strop from the headliners. By Saturday night that year, 40,000 goths whacked off their bongo on carrot cake and LSD had spent three days wading through fields more treacherous than Ypres, putting up with surprise performances from New Model Army (gee, thanks) and a set from The Boomtown Rats. Before too long, the mud was a-flinging. After hours spent covering long-forgotten post-punks with cow shit, fans welcomed Ian Dury with his Blockheads to the main stage. But habits are hard to break and Dury came under a sloppy attack. Forty minutes later he stormed off with DJ Andy Kershaw ticking off the crowd. Only after plenty of ego-buttering did they return for ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’, but by then, unity had been torn asunder.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024