Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The plane over the Etihad 21:20 - Jun 22 with 19435 viewsDarran

This is an interesting one. Can they really ban people for that?

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/june/club-statement/#.XvENSVYQJpI.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The plane over the Etihad on 23:27 - Jun 22 with 1865 viewsGaryjack

The plane over the Etihad on 22:32 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

I'm not sure how long it will take for thick c*nts to grasp that black lives matter does not mean white lives don't matter.

Sorry, was going to add, but i really can't be done with it anymore!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 23:30]
The plane over the Etihad on 23:40 - Jun 22 with 1826 viewssherpajacob

The plane over the Etihad on 23:08 - Jun 22 by magicdaps10

I don't think that is the question here in this post. Quite obvious that black lives matter does not mean that white lives doesn't matter.

I fully support the BLM push, not the time(covid19) but I fully support it.......but there has to be a level of fair consistency for all races, without that then we cant push on with any sort of life matters equality.

As Darren said, where is freedom of speech.... Pointless standing up for racism if you then take freedom of speech away, you can't have one thing to not allow another...... By not allowing that right to a person then you are denying them their right and In turn belittling their right as an human being.

Do you see the pattern?

."but there has to be a level of fair consistency for all races,"

Yes, that is what BLM is all about, being treated equally, because currently black lives are not.

saying white lives matter or all lives matter is the equivalent of Man city or Liverpool saying they don't get refereeing decisions going their way when playing smaller clubs.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The plane over the Etihad on 23:56 - Jun 22 with 1792 viewsItchySphincter

I'm not sure how long it will take for thick c*nts to grasp that black lives matter does not mean white lives don't matter.

Now they’ve nailed their colours to the mast of they can’t back down. Funny how they’ll stick to their guns and rather be called racist than admit to being thick as f*ck. Either way they’re thick as f*ck, and racist to boot.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The plane over the Etihad on 01:12 - Jun 23 with 1732 viewshobo

Aaaaaand white lives matter also doesn't mean that black lives don't matter

Get a grip
The plane over the Etihad on 02:21 - Jun 23 with 1712 viewsEbo

The plane over the Etihad on 01:12 - Jun 23 by hobo

Aaaaaand white lives matter also doesn't mean that black lives don't matter

Get a grip

So why the systemic racism? It’s clear that some people’s lives matter less to some people. Hence racism and other bigotry. I wish believers of the all lives matter crew would just call a spade a spade: racism exists. Responding to it by screaming “all lives matter” is like spending a friend’s birthday party screaming about how you have a birthday too. Pure absence of empathy, sense and thought.

People are suffering and they need action to help them. My life matters. But I can listen to other people’s pain without screaming about myself for ten minutes.
Black lives matter. Not more than the lives of other racists. Don’t be dumb. It’s that they matter too and those who commit racism against black people are committing an outrage against all of us.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The plane over the Etihad on 02:55 - Jun 23 with 1697 viewsDJack

The plane over the Etihad on 02:21 - Jun 23 by Ebo

So why the systemic racism? It’s clear that some people’s lives matter less to some people. Hence racism and other bigotry. I wish believers of the all lives matter crew would just call a spade a spade: racism exists. Responding to it by screaming “all lives matter” is like spending a friend’s birthday party screaming about how you have a birthday too. Pure absence of empathy, sense and thought.

People are suffering and they need action to help them. My life matters. But I can listen to other people’s pain without screaming about myself for ten minutes.
Black lives matter. Not more than the lives of other racists. Don’t be dumb. It’s that they matter too and those who commit racism against black people are committing an outrage against all of us.

Good post.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The plane over the Etihad on 02:58 - Jun 23 with 1695 viewsGlyn1

The plane over the Etihad on 21:33 - Jun 22 by hobo

So BLM is fine and should be promoted, but WLM is offensive? How does that work

Because the two colours aren't being treated equally.

All Lives Matter - everyone of us can agree upon that. But it isn't Black police officers who are murdering Whites.

If the slogan had been "Black Lives Matter … just as much as Whites … so stop killing us" would you be on board with that?

Some rich people in a plane trying to play the "hey guys, we're victims as well, so give us a break" card, really gets my hackles up.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 3:01]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The plane over the Etihad on 06:33 - Jun 23 with 1628 viewsSirjohnalot

The plane over the Etihad on 22:52 - Jun 22 by Darran

Yeah fab.

What’s your take on the freedom of speech angle my learned friend?

It should be preserved as much as possible unless it incites racial/homophobic hatred Eg. People do, though, confuse freedom of speech with ‘ I can say anything I want’ as per Katie Hopkins. She was deservedly banned due to her racist and deliberately provocative views by a company on whose platform, she breached their terms and conditions.

Just because you find something offensive, as I do these tits, doesn’t mean it should be made illegal or banned. One of the reasons the word ‘harassment’ was removed from the public order act.

Think it was Stephen Fry who said ‘you find that offensive ? So what ?’

I very much doubt the banner was truly and passionately meant to convey ‘white lives matters’, they’ve got a right to condemn it and likewise, the club has a right to criticise them.

As much as I dislike the banner, should they be banned ? No
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 6:35]
Login to get fewer ads

The plane over the Etihad on 07:30 - Jun 23 with 1577 viewsbennytheblue

The plane over the Etihad on 21:59 - Jun 22 by builthjack

Perhaps it should be changed to All Lives Matter

Burnley is a bit of an odd town, isn’t the BNP big there?
The plane over the Etihad on 08:05 - Jun 23 with 1552 viewschad

As I have said before division does not heal division
The plane over the Etihad on 08:23 - Jun 23 with 1526 viewschad

The plane over the Etihad on 22:17 - Jun 22 by Badlands

White lives matter is racist organisation closed linked to white supremacists.

I am sure Lisa will be along in a minute to tell you ...

It’s just not true (although that does not really make sense if it actually is true)

I think I can speak for her in saying...

It’s a movement and it does not matter what the founders strong intentions were, nor the clear ideological framework they may have set out for the organisation, or even if they believe that ideological framework still exists. Nor even if it has websites reiterating those intentions and collects massive amounts of money in this country to carry out those intentions.

It is still simply a movement, apparently?
The plane over the Etihad on 08:30 - Jun 23 with 1517 viewsWarwickHunt

Fair play - I didn’t think Farage would have the balls to go up in a light aircraft again...
The plane over the Etihad on 08:30 - Jun 23 with 1515 viewschad

The plane over the Etihad on 22:29 - Jun 22 by Ebo

If all lives mattered then we would not have a BLM movement in the first place.

Let me follow that logic

If you cannot have All Lives Matter - because all lives don’t seem to matter to some

Then surely you cannot have Black Lives Matter for a similar reason
The plane over the Etihad on 08:35 - Jun 23 with 1506 viewschad

The plane over the Etihad on 23:40 - Jun 22 by sherpajacob

Yes, that is what BLM is all about, being treated equally, because currently black lives are not.

saying white lives matter or all lives matter is the equivalent of Man city or Liverpool saying they don't get refereeing decisions going their way when playing smaller clubs.

I think you got that last but wrong

Saying All Lives Matter would be the equivalent of saying all refereeing decisions should be fair.
The plane over the Etihad on 08:48 - Jun 23 with 1493 viewsmagicdaps10

The plane over the Etihad on 23:40 - Jun 22 by sherpajacob

But what if those decisions should have rightly gone their way?
What if those decisions went the way of the smaller club unfairly..... Surely those decisions have to be correct and not in favour to the bigger or in that matter the smaller club if they are wrong.

Sorry..... I couldn't resist 😂😉

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The plane over the Etihad on 08:52 - Jun 23 with 1490 viewsNotLoyal

The plane over the Etihad on 02:21 - Jun 23 by Ebo

Very correct and well put.
The only issue we are facing now tho are the self entitled arsewipes who are hijacking these events because they THINK they are helping by smashing up property and bullying their opinion on others who in turn fear the consequences of not supporting them, so they do even if they don't..

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The plane over the Etihad on 08:57 - Jun 23 with 1481 viewssainthelens

Dogs lives matter.
End of.
The plane over the Etihad on 09:56 - Jun 23 with 1399 viewsairedale

The plane over the Etihad on 08:57 - Jun 23 by sainthelens

Dogs lives matter.
End of.

Rrrrruuuffff!

Shouldn’t this thread be on the hate page?
The plane over the Etihad on 10:22 - Jun 23 with 1360 viewsKilkennyjack

Once we have equality, then All Lives Matter is appropriate.

Until then Black Lives Matter.
Thats the focus to get us to where we all should want to be.

I thought the Burnley captain spoke superbly.
He is a credit to his profession, to his club, and to himself.

We can do this.

Beware of the Risen People

The plane over the Etihad on 10:29 - Jun 23 with 1348 viewsandrew

The plane over the Etihad on 10:22 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

Once we have equality, then All Lives Matter is appropriate.

Until then Black Lives Matter.
Thats the focus to get us to where we all should want to be.

I thought the Burnley captain spoke superbly.
He is a credit to his profession, to his club, and to himself.

We can do this.

How do you make black lives matter anymore than they do exactly? By defunding the police, stopping black people being searched? Giving them jobs over white people because there aren’t the right amount of blacks people in a job regardless of their skills?

Did you not see 3 white people butchered to death by an African the weekend?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The plane over the Etihad on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 1340 viewsLeonWasGod

The plane over the Etihad on 10:29 - Jun 23 by andrew

How do you make black lives matter anymore than they do exactly? By defunding the police, stopping black people being searched? Giving them jobs over white people because there aren’t the right amount of blacks people in a job regardless of their skills?

By tackling racism, not supporting it.
The plane over the Etihad on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 1339 viewsHumpty

The plane over the Etihad on 10:29 - Jun 23 by andrew

What does the weekend's terrible events have to do with BLM?
The plane over the Etihad on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 1322 viewshobo

The plane over the Etihad on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Humpty

What does the weekend's terrible events have to do with BLM?

Nothing. But as it was a racial murder of THREE white people by a member of the 'BAME' community, it has everything to do with WLM.
The plane over the Etihad on 11:07 - Jun 23 with 1316 viewsDarran

This thread is going the wrong way again.
Strange for Planetswans that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The plane over the Etihad on 11:18 - Jun 23 with 1305 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 08:23 - Jun 23 by chad

I am sure Lisa will be along in a minute to tell you ...

It’s just not true (although that does not really make sense if it actually is true)

I think I can speak for her in saying...

It’s a movement and it does not matter what the founders strong intentions were, nor the clear ideological framework they may have set out for the organisation, or even if they believe that ideological framework still exists. Nor even if it has websites reiterating those intentions and collects massive amounts of money in this country to carry out those intentions.

It is still simply a movement, apparently?

No, you can’t speak for me.

Largely because you don’t, can’t or refuse to understand the point that was being made over BLM and therefore you are incapable of drawing a relevant parallel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024