Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread 16:13 - Jun 23 with 59475 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 11:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:38 - Jun 23 with 25714 viewsNortbankboy

Why early ko again?
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:46 - Jun 23 with 25703 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:38 - Jun 23 by Nortbankboy

Why early ko again?

Someone said it’s got logistical reasons, so the the visiting team can buzz off home pronto.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:16 - Jun 23 with 25681 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:38 - Jun 23 by Nortbankboy

Why early ko again?

My understanding is that for a Saturday fixture (for teams a certain distance from each other) the away team has to be staying somewhere local the night before the match. Therefore, kicking off at 12.30 means Luton can get back home at a tidy hour and they are not waiting around all morning for the match.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 17:18]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:46 - Jun 23 with 25649 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:16 - Jun 23 by jackharris

My understanding is that for a Saturday fixture (for teams a certain distance from each other) the away team has to be staying somewhere local the night before the match. Therefore, kicking off at 12.30 means Luton can get back home at a tidy hour and they are not waiting around all morning for the match.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 17:18]

Luton can travel down on the day surely!?
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Jun 23 with 25637 viewsmadridjack

The ref local to the opposition again, ref is from Northampton!
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:19 - Jun 23 with 25604 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Jun 23 by madridjack

We have a local ref Mike Burt. Ok he's gotta be 70sh now, but was always good value.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:50 - Jun 23 with 25582 viewssP7qupUf

Is John Now still going? Reynoldson not too far away.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 19:02 - Jun 23 with 25570 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:46 - Jun 23 by Al_Bundy

Luton can travel down on the day surely!?

Clubs are advised not to travel on the day of a match by coach because of the players having to sit in one position for a long period. They like to travel the day before for 3pm (and 12.30pm) kick offs, on advice of their medical team.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 20:07 - Jun 23 with 25520 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:50 - Jun 23 by sP7qupUf

Is John Now still going? Reynoldson not too far away.

No, he can’t make it.

They call him John Not now.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 20:49 - Jun 23 with 25471 viewsSwansea93

Confident of another 3-0 win and a nice 3pts.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 21:47 - Jun 23 with 25420 viewslonglostjack

I always worry when we’re expected to beat a bottom of the table team comfortably.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:45 - Jun 23 with 25357 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 19:02 - Jun 23 by jackharris

Clubs are advised not to travel on the day of a match by coach because of the players having to sit in one position for a long period. They like to travel the day before for 3pm (and 12.30pm) kick offs, on advice of their medical team.

Is it a shorter trip on a Friday..
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 23:50 - Jun 23 with 25303 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Jun 23 by madridjack

Surely he should be Welsh if last Saturday is anything to go by.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 00:13 - Jun 24 with 25292 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:45 - Jun 23 by Al_Bundy

Is it a shorter trip on a Friday..

Not generally, but on a certain Friday yes it it is. They call it Good Friday.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 01:46 - Jun 24 with 25264 viewsGlyn1

That's great news! 3-0 to the Swans it is then.

He's refereed 4 of our games this season (w1 l1 d2) so we have a lot of experience with him but I don't remember any controversies. Can't be bothered to go back and read the match day discussions though.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 10:50 - Jun 24 with 25083 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 19:02 - Jun 23 by jackharris

Bloody footballers.
The times I’ve had to travel in a coach or by train and suffer all that drinking and long lost days and we still made it, well, the gari bus sometimes didn’t 😉

OK I've changed it.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 11:19 - Jun 24 with 25065 viewsOneill_77

Play like we did last time and last week and this could be a mauling.

As per one insightful poster : "...is like watching Brazil"
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 11:29 - Jun 24 with 25055 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:19 - Jun 23 by sainthelens

We have a local ref Mike Burt. Ok he's gotta be 70sh now, but was always good value.

Blimey - that brings back memories!
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:32 - Jun 24 with 24879 viewsAl_Bundy

Luton will come with a 10 man defence and try to nick one on the break or a set piece. So would it be better starting with Byers over Fulton for a bit more creativity and an added goal threat?
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:11 - Jun 24 with 24809 viewsTimTtam

Last time I felt so confident heading into a game, it was the Stoke home game. So I'm not taking this one for granted.

If we play to our potential, I can see a comfortable 3-1 win. But Luton won't make it easy. Despite being 24th, they are undefeated in their last 4 games & in 5 of their past 6, and have Nathan Jones back.

And Nathan Jones did the double over us...with Stoke...
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 17:12]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 10:04 - Jun 25 with 24465 viewsBadlands

The sort of opposition many fans would expect to beat, the sort of opposition many confident teams would expect to beat and the sort of oposition we've struggled against.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:30 - Jun 25 with 24339 viewstaffpunk

Both managers are/were Cardiff fans. Let's hope they do the sensible thing and agree to play out a draw game.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Jun 25 with 24315 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:30 - Jun 25 by taffpunk

Both managers are/were Cardiff fans. Let's hope they do the sensible thing and agree to play out a draw game.

Our manger has never been a Cardiff Fan. He was a Liverpool fan! Why don’t you just post your crap on your own message board.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Jun 25 with 24296 viewssainthelens

Tempting fate here especially after I thought we'd give Stoke a seeing too...but starting to think that playing in a training ground type of set up is really gonna suit our young uns.
Hard earned 2-0 home win.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:18 - Jun 25 with 24266 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:30 - Jun 25 by taffpunk

Unless Cooper is a liar, he states not.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024