Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread 16:13 - Jun 23 with 60835 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 11:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:41 - Jun 27 with 2563 viewstheloneranger

Steve Cooper 0 v 2 Nathan Jones

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:43 - Jun 27 with 2524 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:19 - Jun 27 by karnataka

Because when teams come to park the bus, we don't have the guile or creativity to break them down and they're always capable of nicking one on the break.

They didn't park the bus though. First 20 minutes was played in our half. They played better football than us, were stronger than us, made less unforced errors than us and we're more streetwise when they needed to be too. Second half they dropped back, but still looked to get numbers forward when there was a chance.

Form wise going into this game they were a solid mid-table side. It's been 11 games since we were above them in the form table. I think people got a bit carried away last week against one of the worst teams in the league.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 2477 viewsFlashberryjack

What an absolutely boring f*cking game, no urgency, no intensity, no passion and certainly no determination.

I painted a chair down the shed earlier, I wish I'd spent the last 2 hours watching it dry.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 2461 viewsmonmouth

I suppose it takes actual you know management to say to Grimes ‘have you ever scored from a free kick in your entire career?’ No? Well maybe we need someone else taking them then.

We will end where we deserve to be 12th or so. Lucky we had that August.

Where is ‘O’Neill’ and his Brazil w*nk anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 2459 viewssainthelens

So easy to work this out. Any team that defends deep against us we just cannot break down. Plus they'll always get a chance...happening way too often.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:47 - Jun 27 with 2418 viewsgrabsplatter

Thought Routledge should have come on earlier but when he did make an appearance he was shocking, 3 woeful overhit crosses.
Another year in the championship it is then.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:50 - Jun 27 with 2355 viewsHighjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 27 by monmouth

I suppose it takes actual you know management to say to Grimes ‘have you ever scored from a free kick in your entire career?’ No? Well maybe we need someone else taking them then.

He scored a few for Exeter in the mid 19th century I heard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:52 - Jun 27 with 2323 viewsJack59

My biggest wish would have been if Garrick had saved that punch for Grimes just when he was lining up to take that free kick.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:53 - Jun 27 with 2310 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:47 - Jun 27 by grabsplatter

Thought Routledge should have come on earlier but when he did make an appearance he was shocking, 3 woeful overhit crosses.
Another year in the championship it is then.

Aye - me too. He was fûcking woeful though. Probably trying too hard.

Need the likes of Dhanda and Celina to create something against defences like these. We were too predictable and then resorted to hit and hope after they scored.

Difficult not to come to the conclusion that Cooper is fûcking clueless...
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:01 - Jun 27 with 2154 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:27 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Why is Grimes still on every set piece!!!!

He must really have something on Cooper. At least 8/10 of his free kicks this season have been nothing short of awful. Yet he keeps taking them.
Brewster wanted the free kick at the end of the game, but Grimes yet again took a shite one.
Why?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:02 - Jun 27 with 2140 viewsoldcob

Why does Brewster escape criticism. Was lazy today, sometimes when your midfielders are struggling you have to come back and fetch a la McBurnie. He didn't break sweat today, but seems like it's taboo to criticise him. He wasn't the reason we lost the game, far from it, but I do think he could have helped a little.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:04 - Jun 27 with 2129 viewsDr_Winston

Usual stuff from Clement MkII. A talented creative player not even in the squad whilst the usual faces huffed and puffed in the usual way before the usual substitutions.

By some miracle Cooper might eventually turn out to be a decent manager but he's making hard work of it here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:05 - Jun 27 with 2114 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:32 - Jun 27 by raynor94

Whisper it, Cardiff are looking nailed on for the play offs.

Surely we can't be serious looking to extend Cooper's contract

Yup, & to be fair they are a better balanced & organised side than we are - not great to watch but better at getting results . . . . . . Bit like Chelsea under Mourinho, obviously not that level, but rarely good to watch but knew how to get results.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:05 - Jun 27 with 2099 viewsLibertarian

Frustration, frustration, frustration
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 2097 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:02 - Jun 27 by oldcob

Why does Brewster escape criticism. Was lazy today, sometimes when your midfielders are struggling you have to come back and fetch a la McBurnie. He didn't break sweat today, but seems like it's taboo to criticise him. He wasn't the reason we lost the game, far from it, but I do think he could have helped a little.

I’m struggling to think of anyone that should escape criticism.

What a turgid, uninspiring performance from the whole team. No creativity, no pace and not much effort.

Awful.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 2091 viewsgrabsplatter

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:53 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Aye - me too. He was fûcking woeful though. Probably trying too hard.

Need the likes of Dhanda and Celina to create something against defences like these. We were too predictable and then resorted to hit and hope after they scored.

Difficult not to come to the conclusion that Cooper is fûcking clueless...

Yes, we're ok when there's a bit of space to run in behind but up against a compact organised defence we're clueless.
No creativity, Dhanda is lightweight but can very occasionally do it & Celina is frustratingly inconsistent.
I've been willing to give the manager time but for me time's up & we need someone else
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 2087 viewsminimichu

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:45 - Jun 27 by monmouth

I’ve said it over and over and f.....g over. Is there not a single player in our whole squad who isn’t more effective at set piece delivery than Grimes? If there is, why oh why aren’t they being given the chance? If there isn’t, God help us.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:12 - Jun 27 with 2006 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 by minimichu

I’ve said it over and over and f.....g over. Is there not a single player in our whole squad who isn’t more effective at set piece delivery than Grimes? If there is, why oh why aren’t they being given the chance? If there isn’t, God help us.

I think he must be Coopers pet boy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:17 - Jun 27 with 1939 viewsLeonWasGod

Celina's our only genuine free kick taker. We could try letting Byers have a go maybe, but the end result wouldn't be too much different.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 1913 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

What a turgid, uninspiring performance from the whole team. No creativity, no pace and not much effort.

Awful.

Tatey looked to be trying to gee them up during a water break. That's all I've got in the clutching at straws department.

I wish I'd had a few drinks with this one to numb the pain!
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 1891 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:17 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Celina's our only genuine free kick taker. We could try letting Byers have a go maybe, but the end result wouldn't be too much different.

Celina’s our only spark of creativity in the squad. What on earth Ayew was doing today only he knows. Get the ball, fall on the floor, ask foe a foul, wave his hands about. And, even though rarely quick, he looked like he was running through treacle. Just dreadful.

As an aside, the ball was bouncing all over the place. Was that an issue with the pitch?
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 1874 viewsSwanjaxs

Too late now! Colin Wànkers gone to Boro 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:24 - Jun 27 with 1851 views3swan

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:06 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Awful.

Just had a conversation along those lines.

To add that at the end of most seasons (excluding our good Prem years) I judge the squad and there are maybe a couple of players who stand out that I would want to keep,

Can't name one definite one now, a couple that might improve but not one as a given.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:25 - Jun 27 with 1839 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:21 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Celina’s our only spark of creativity in the squad. What on earth Ayew was doing today only he knows. Get the ball, fall on the floor, ask foe a foul, wave his hands about. And, even though rarely quick, he looked like he was running through treacle. Just dreadful.

As an aside, the ball was bouncing all over the place. Was that an issue with the pitch?

Ayew has been falling over for most of the season. He seems to have started doing that a lot over the last 12 months. Lose the ball, fall over. Looks for the free kick, gets the odd one, but mostly has started to look silly.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 1824 views3swan

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:21 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

I agree that Celina can show some creativity, but it doesn't happen often enough, so for me he flatters to deceive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024