Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager 10:28 - Jun 28 with 9312 viewswestwalesed

Does it make the play offs?

I think so.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:58 - Jun 28 with 1906 viewsFireboy2

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 18:11 - Jun 28 by swancity

That’s right. Sell your best two players for over £35m. Don’t spend on replacements. Then blame the Manager ( for making progress ).

The Club continues to regroup and reassess after relegation. It’s a shadow of what it was 4 years ago. Look at the much wider picture. Laughably I saw that Lee Dineen had a side swipe at the selection of the team for yesterday’s game.

We are blaming the manager because he makes some baffling decisions in his team selection, he hardly makes substitutions, keeps faith with under performing players, has a negative approach, is inanimate on the sidelines and has little control over the players apart from that hes ok.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:59 - Jun 28 with 1851 viewsmonmouth

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:58 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

We are blaming the manager because he makes some baffling decisions in his team selection, he hardly makes substitutions, keeps faith with under performing players, has a negative approach, is inanimate on the sidelines and has little control over the players apart from that hes ok.

No he isn’t.

He’s made good players look mediocre and mediocre players look shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 21:12 - Jun 28 with 1835 viewsFireboy2

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:59 - Jun 28 by monmouth

No he isn’t.

He’s made good players look mediocre and mediocre players look shit.

Sorry mon, that as well
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 21:19 - Jun 28 with 1834 viewsjack247

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 18:11 - Jun 28 by swancity

That’s right. Sell your best two players for over £35m. Don’t spend on replacements. Then blame the Manager ( for making progress ).

The Club continues to regroup and reassess after relegation. It’s a shadow of what it was 4 years ago. Look at the much wider picture. Laughably I saw that Lee Dineen had a side swipe at the selection of the team for yesterday’s game.

What makes you think we’ve made progress?

League position, we are roughly where we finished last season.

We’ve regressed results wise after a great start, most players look worse under him, we varied styles and formations often last season, sometimes multiple times in a game. I can tell you how we will line up for the remaining 7 games, so can all our opponents. We’ve got comments alluding to Celina being left out for non footballing reasons and he takes no accountability in his groundhog interviews every time we play badly.

When it works, like last week, it works well. When it doesn’t, he doesn’t change it.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 21:42 - Jun 28 with 1816 viewsQJumpingJack

If the job was to make the Swans stable in The Championship then Cooper is doing an ok job.

After we got relegated, Leon claimed that it could take up to 4 seasons before the club would be ready for the Premier League.

We are consistently inconsistent and mid-table is probably a true reflection of where this squad is.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 09:52 - Jun 29 with 1746 viewsNotLoyal

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 21:42 - Jun 28 by QJumpingJack

If the job was to make the Swans stable in The Championship then Cooper is doing an ok job.

After we got relegated, Leon claimed that it could take up to 4 seasons before the club would be ready for the Premier League.

We are consistently inconsistent and mid-table is probably a true reflection of where this squad is.

Leon should leave his taking back on the pitch, and now he has he should stop talking.
I hope he enjoys his retirement.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 12:24 - Jun 29 with 1709 viewskrunchykarrot

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:28 - Jun 28 by NeathJack

I made a list of players that have improved this season under Cooper below:

Cabango has improved rapidly he looked the part alongside Rodon. Garrick was making good progress. Naughton has done well, Byers has looked good in spasms. Woodman has come through a rocky patch etc

Its not all down to the manager some of the players have to take responsibility as well, i was hoping Celina would turn into a top class player for us but i looks unlikely. As i keep saying on here we have missed leadership on the pitch, this has cost us dearly.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 13:05 - Jun 29 with 1679 viewsswancity

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 12:24 - Jun 29 by krunchykarrot

Cabango has improved rapidly he looked the part alongside Rodon. Garrick was making good progress. Naughton has done well, Byers has looked good in spasms. Woodman has come through a rocky patch etc

Its not all down to the manager some of the players have to take responsibility as well, i was hoping Celina would turn into a top class player for us but i looks unlikely. As i keep saying on here we have missed leadership on the pitch, this has cost us dearly.

Good post👏

It’s so easy to try to blame the manager when players under perform

Celina hasn’t had a good season and he has to take responsibility for that. I’d say his head has been turned and he’s off.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 16:17 - Jun 29 with 1620 viewskrunchykarrot

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 13:05 - Jun 29 by swancity

Good post👏

Celina hasn’t had a good season and he has to take responsibility for that. I’d say his head has been turned and he’s off.

Its a strange one, last season under Potter i was thinking we were definitely going to have a crack this year, players were introduced and we played some fantastic football. Fans on here were still not convinced though, sort of same position now in league and fans views.

Anyway football being what it is we have most probably thrown away an opportunity to get to play offs, this would have given us a boost and the experience ready to go again next season. Cooper has been good in the loan market but kids need a leader on the pitch. If we sell Ayew and offload a few more i think the manager deserves another crack next year with a squad he has assembled, i cant think of anyone who could come in and do a better job on what we can afford.

I hope he now uses the likes of Rushesha and Evans and those academy lads who look promising some game time, use VDH Wayne Nathan Naughton to play alongside while we have them. I for one cant wait to get back down the Liberty and support our team.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:30 - Jun 29 with 1573 viewsBrynmill_Jack

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 13:05 - Jun 29 by swancity

Good post👏

I’m afraid he’s made some big mistakes, Grimes as Captain for one. It’s put a huge millstone around his neck and also screams of a yes man appointment. Cooper can’t change this now as he’s idiotically painted himself into a corner.

Saturday was all about tactics - Flynn knee his rubbish Stoke team could defend deep against us and Cooper wouldn’t be able to adapt to break his side down. The writing was on the wall for this one and it duly turned out that way.

The players looked bemused and frustrated with the lack of direction from the bench and not for the first time.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 22:06 - Jun 29 with 1549 viewsdameedna

Bidwell has also done well, esp going forward.
Even when pulled out of position for a big lad, he does the graft to get back.

Ayew has also improved it is a tougj challenge which his bro struggled with, shining brightly and works hard.

Grimes in my view has been reliable, consistent and level headed which makes him a good captain. Doesn't moan which is good.

Woodman and Cavango have obviously done well and despite some selection issues, Naughton has improved though he was already eccellent so let's say continued to perform whenever called on.

Byers has got better and probably Dhanda too.

With a slightly weaker squad than last year we are in play offs contention.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that despite some inconsistencies and tactical queries , Cooper will survive and start next season.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 22:43 - Jun 29 with 1536 viewsjruss1

Byers has got better?

He looked a very tidy player with potential to grow last season but he's really struggled this year. Just like most of them he has got worse.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 23:02 - Jun 29 with 1523 viewsBadlands

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 22:06 - Jun 29 by dameedna

Ayew has also improved it is a tougj challenge which his bro struggled with, shining brightly and works hard.

Grimes in my view has been reliable, consistent and level headed which makes him a good captain. Doesn't moan which is good.

Woodman and Cavango have obviously done well and despite some selection issues, Naughton has improved though he was already eccellent so let's say continued to perform whenever called on.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that despite some inconsistencies and tactical queries , Cooper will survive and start next season.

Are you Steve Cooper?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 23:19 - Jun 29 with 1516 viewsKilkennyjack

Cooper has to go.
Simples.

His selections are just poor.

Beware of the Risen People

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 09:45 - Jun 30 with 1454 viewsBrynmill_Jack

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 23:02 - Jun 29 by Badlands

Are you Steve Cooper?

In fairness Bidwell , a free transfer, puts some of squad to shame when it comes to willingness and application. And he might well be our best crosser of the ball too.
I like him immensely, got a bit of dog about him and will kick opposing players when needs be.

I would much rather play Bidwell and Naughton as our FB’s than have Connor Roberts anywhere near the team at the moment. If one of those was injured I’d try to get Declan John or Franck Tabbanou back. Connor‘s attitude stinks at the moment - he’s a player who thinks he’s way above his actual ability.

Byers May have talent in there somewhere but he’s extremely lazy. Mackay had more graft about him and that’s saying something. I can’t think of any normal manager who would leave both Celina and Dhanda to accommodate Byers. File under non paying passenger. Reeks of desperately weak favouritism by Cooper - his Achilles heel.

The worrying thing about Cooper is his inability to manage men. We’ve got so many of his young England protégés now but I think even they are 100 % on board with him.

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 11:29 - Jun 30 with 1430 viewsBadlands

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 09:45 - Jun 30 by Brynmill_Jack

In fairness Bidwell , a free transfer, puts some of squad to shame when it comes to willingness and application. And he might well be our best crosser of the ball too.
I like him immensely, got a bit of dog about him and will kick opposing players when needs be.

I would much rather play Bidwell and Naughton as our FB’s than have Connor Roberts anywhere near the team at the moment. If one of those was injured I’d try to get Declan John or Franck Tabbanou back. Connor‘s attitude stinks at the moment - he’s a player who thinks he’s way above his actual ability.

Byers May have talent in there somewhere but he’s extremely lazy. Mackay had more graft about him and that’s saying something. I can’t think of any normal manager who would leave both Celina and Dhanda to accommodate Byers. File under non paying passenger. Reeks of desperately weak favouritism by Cooper - his Achilles heel.

The worrying thing about Cooper is his inability to manage men. We’ve got so many of his young England protégés now but I think even they are 100 % on board with him.

Agree with all of that.
Bidweel ids the best option but that for me is appalling. His ability to get forward is good as his his crossing, but too often he doesn't get back or gets back out of position which leaves attackers free or drags the CBs out of position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 11:55 - Jun 30 with 1422 views34dfgdf54

Astonishing.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:01 - Jun 30 with 1360 viewsLeonWasGod

We're not close to being playoff contenders, sadly.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:05 - Jun 30 with 1352 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper offers nothing..... He has no charisma, oozes no confidence and the team is playing poorly with no signs of the Swansea Style his appointment was supposedly made for.

Another choice that will go on the owners list of failures for sure.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 06:39 - Jul 1 with 1281 viewsBrynmill_Jack

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 20:05 - Jun 30 by magicdaps10

Cooper offers nothing..... He has no charisma, oozes no confidence and the team is playing poorly with no signs of the Swansea Style his appointment was supposedly made for.

Another choice that will go on the owners list of failures for sure.

I suppose it must have been a relatively cheap option which showed early promise then pettered out into bland mediocrity. You’d have to imagine how good this squad would be under Potter.

I also think James Beattie asleep would bring more to our coach staff than Mike Marsh. WTF is HIS contribution??

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 12:12 - Jul 4 with 1198 viewsBillyChong

The only one that seems to have made a positive impact on the team this season is Martyn Margetson.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:35 - Jul 4 with 1150 viewsOneill_77

All of the young guns without exception, are enjoying their development and loan spells. The litmus test.

Speak candidly with any of them and you cannot help but feel uplifted. Uplifted by the positivity and enjoyment of striving to play in the way they all want; a way their parent clubs demand and monitor.

They all appreciate how tough it is to ply their trade in a league which favours the dogged, hairy-arsed plodder. A challenge unique to the british leagues. Wilmot thriving in Serie A is testament to that. Gutting he now cannot continue his massively upward trajectory.

Lets hope all the rumours are true and we can look forward to the ongoing development of Cabango etc alongside the likes of Rhian's and Connor G's club colleagues, chomping at the bit to emulate their pals' positive development.

Some of the older plastic fans need to rewind the clock, rewind their over extended necks of entitlement, and get behind the club in the only journey that makes sense for us right now.
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:40 - Jul 4 with 1145 viewsmonmouth

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 19:35 - Jul 4 by Oneill_77

All of the young guns without exception, are enjoying their development and loan spells. The litmus test.

Speak candidly with any of them and you cannot help but feel uplifted. Uplifted by the positivity and enjoyment of striving to play in the way they all want; a way their parent clubs demand and monitor.

They all appreciate how tough it is to ply their trade in a league which favours the dogged, hairy-arsed plodder. A challenge unique to the british leagues. Wilmot thriving in Serie A is testament to that. Gutting he now cannot continue his massively upward trajectory.

Lets hope all the rumours are true and we can look forward to the ongoing development of Cabango etc alongside the likes of Rhian's and Connor G's club colleagues, chomping at the bit to emulate their pals' positive development.

Some of the older plastic fans need to rewind the clock, rewind their over extended necks of entitlement, and get behind the club in the only journey that makes sense for us right now.

Aye, it’s just like watching brazil.

You arsehole.

Oh, and I have 50 years. You?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 09:01 - Jul 5 with 1056 viewsWarwickHunt

Hello, Mrs. Cooper.

Do you like it here now, are you settling in?
That squad with a Proven Championship Manager on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 1023 viewsBillyChong

Where can I go to ‘speak candidly’ with the players?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024