Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126487 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:28 - Jul 13 with 1953 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:25 - Jul 13 by exhmrc1

I realise Mark Drakeford is wonderful but being able to influence the weather goes beyond his or anyone else's powers. More absolute rubbish from you.

It's not really to do with weather. When do you think a beer garden would be busier, Saturday or Monday? 48 hours wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to infections but potentially a huge amount to publicans.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:31 - Jul 13 with 1927 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Jul 13 by controversial_jack

Money before lives?

A happy medium, wait till the furlough rules change come August.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 1939 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:28 - Jul 13 by Scotia

It's not really to do with weather. When do you think a beer garden would be busier, Saturday or Monday? 48 hours wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to infections but potentially a huge amount to publicans.

There is a legitimate argument over what days things should open. In Wales changes are made on Mondays not to suit you or Raynor. Anyway you dont want to use Welsh Pubs or restaurants outside. As you have stated many times you prefer a 160 mile round trip than supporting businesses locally. Drakeford cannot control the weather anymore than you can.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:15 - Jul 13 with 1904 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:38 - Jul 13 by exhmrc1

There is a legitimate argument over what days things should open. In Wales changes are made on Mondays not to suit you or Raynor. Anyway you dont want to use Welsh Pubs or restaurants outside. As you have stated many times you prefer a 160 mile round trip than supporting businesses locally. Drakeford cannot control the weather anymore than you can.

I haven't said that once. In fact I've stated the opposite several times. I'll say it again I WANT TO USE WELSH PUBS AND RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE and I will be doing so today as long as I can find somewhere undercover, I definitely would have with over the past weekend, but I couldn't. They were closed on Drakefords orders. How can I plan to do something outside several weeks in advance in this climate?

Why do changes have to happen on a Monday? Give me one legitimate argument. Whereas introducing the change 48 hours earlier could have put 100's of thousands back in to the Welsh economy with pretty much zero risk.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:38 - Jul 13 with 1898 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:15 - Jul 13 by Scotia

I haven't said that once. In fact I've stated the opposite several times. I'll say it again I WANT TO USE WELSH PUBS AND RESTAURANTS OUTSIDE and I will be doing so today as long as I can find somewhere undercover, I definitely would have with over the past weekend, but I couldn't. They were closed on Drakefords orders. How can I plan to do something outside several weeks in advance in this climate?

Why do changes have to happen on a Monday? Give me one legitimate argument. Whereas introducing the change 48 hours earlier could have put 100's of thousands back in to the Welsh economy with pretty much zero risk.

Because that is the system in place. As I said it is debatable whether to make changes on a Monday or Saturday. As far as pubs are concerned many complained they did not have enough time so giving them 2 days less wasn't going to help that. Many were bringing in new systems yesterday and stopped doing takeaway lunches so they can be open outdoors from today.

It seems the big breweries have tried to force opening indoors and have failed. The smaller independent breweries and free houses actually want to open outside. At this time of the year we tend to get better weather and the weather forecast for the rest of this week is reasonable so hopefully it will shine on those businesses.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:14 - Jul 13 with 1869 viewsLohengrin

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:01 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Don’t you dare bring family into it because you disagree with me you rancid sack of crap.

And you obviously don’t know him well as he grew up in Manselton, a son of a steelworker, who left school and worked as a steelworker himself where he stayed until late in his working life when he worked for a charity to help underprivileged kids.

And he, as a steel worker, was on strike himself for months when I was a teenager. So you may have seen your neighbours on strike but for us it was first hand.

So stick your faux outrage up your chippy little backside and enjoy your public sector pension you utter tw*t. What an absolute piece of scum you are.

” And he, as a steel worker, was on strike himself for months when I was a teenager. So you may have seen your neighbours on strike but for us it was first hand.”

Your timing is a little bit off. You’d have been eleven, love. I’ve got vivid memories of the steel strike. We had just moved house and my parents had taken on a bigger mortgage as well as the HP for new furniture and the rest of it and suddenly my father was out for thirteen weeks. It was a tense, worrying time for them.

Memories too of my Grandfather and going with him to listen to the mass rally at the Talbot Athletic Ground in Aberavon and listening to Bill Sirs, Len Murray and John Morris addressing a crowd of 10,000 or more.

That was forty years ago. It’s astonishing how quickly the time has flown by, it all seems like yesterday.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:49 - Jul 13 with 1819 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:14 - Jul 13 by Lohengrin

” And he, as a steel worker, was on strike himself for months when I was a teenager. So you may have seen your neighbours on strike but for us it was first hand.”

Your timing is a little bit off. You’d have been eleven, love. I’ve got vivid memories of the steel strike. We had just moved house and my parents had taken on a bigger mortgage as well as the HP for new furniture and the rest of it and suddenly my father was out for thirteen weeks. It was a tense, worrying time for them.

Memories too of my Grandfather and going with him to listen to the mass rally at the Talbot Athletic Ground in Aberavon and listening to Bill Sirs, Len Murray and John Morris addressing a crowd of 10,000 or more.

That was forty years ago. It’s astonishing how quickly the time has flown by, it all seems like yesterday.

Remember the Talbot athletic ground well, a young man 24 years of age, I had two young kids, and no pay for 13 weeks.

Thank god I had good parents

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Jul 13 with 1804 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:14 - Jul 13 by Lohengrin

I was thinking I was 13. I knew I was in secondary school.

I was 12 as it happens. First few months of 1980.

I’ve very vivid memories of it.

Funny how people judge based on the little they know. The irony, is that exHMRC had told me before he knew my Dad as my Dad played cricket for Velindre. It was the bloody steel works’ team. Right opposite the plant where he worked.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:10 - Jul 13 with 1822 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:34 - Jul 13 with 1778 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:10 - Jul 13 by Highjack

Quite.

God knows what exhmrc will so when he realises Drakeford is from leafy Carmarthenshire and studied Latin in an ‘English’ university.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:39 - Jul 13 with 1791 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:28 - Jul 13 by Scotia

When Drakeford announced this one of the journalists put it to him that pubs had been telling them they hadn't been given enough time to prepare. He denied this and it had been mentioned 3 weeks previously. If they didnt have enough time to prepare for Monday they wouldnt have been ready 2 days earlier on the Saturday.

It also prevented the scenes that happened in England but I doubt that was the reason behind it.

Some of the pubs were making preparations yesterday. I know at least 1 stopped their takeaways locally.

You can always argue over what date things will change. Scotland are changing on Wednesday. Why a Wednesday. I can understand Monday it is the first day of the working week for many and you have Sunday's for last minute preparation.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/pubs-restaurants-open-wales
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 16:59]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:59 - Jul 13 with 1695 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:49 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Remember the Talbot athletic ground well, a young man 24 years of age, I had two young kids, and no pay for 13 weeks.

Thank god I had good parents

Thank God there was no internet back then.
You would have been a village idiot for 40 years longer.

I no longer expect you to understand the modern world.
Its all too hard for you.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:20 - Jul 13 with 1682 viewsFireboy2

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:59 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Thank God there was no internet back then.
You would have been a village idiot for 40 years longer.

I no longer expect you to understand the modern world.
Its all too hard for you.

You dont do yourself any favours with comments like that.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:09 - Jul 14 with 1545 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:20 - Jul 13 by Fireboy2

You dont do yourself any favours with comments like that.

ONS figures released today, 35 deaths in Wales up from 30 the previous week.
Also deaths in UK below the normal level for the third week in a row.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:38 - Jul 14 with 1535 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:09 - Jul 14 by felixstowe_jack

ONS figures released today, 35 deaths in Wales up from 30 the previous week.
Also deaths in UK below the normal level for the third week in a row.

The number of people dying in Wales has increased, yay, let's use it to score points on the internet.

Sicko.

Poll: Tory leader

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:44 - Jul 14 with 1511 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:38 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

The number of people dying in Wales has increased, yay, let's use it to score points on the internet.

Sicko.

It seems the people on this site have been point scoring with their anti English bias for months. As a Welshman I would just like to see some balance.

Seems it is not sick for an Welshman to criticise England but it sick for a welshman to criticise a fellow Welshman.

Good to see Drakeford following the English lead and reducing his transactions tax on property sales. Where Westminster lead Drakeford follows three weeks later.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:57 - Jul 14 with 1521 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:38 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Sicko.

Typical of the person making these comments. Unfortunately like everything it is a bit out of date. Whilst his beloved England is showing deaths on a daily basis Wales has had no deaths on 3 of the last 4 days and the other day there was 1 death. In fact since 6 July there has been 10 deaths. There were more than that in England yesterday alone and that was the lowest it has had. Whilst Wales has had no deaths on 4 of the last 9 days England has yet to have a single day with no deaths. A bit like the 1500 deaths that were supposed to have been discovered. Wishful thinking on his behalf. Maybe actually checking the facts before posting would be useful.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:12 - Jul 14 with 1517 viewsHighjack

It is horrible that people seem to be using the number of deaths as a competition to see whether their side is “winning” or not. It’s been like this from the start.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:24 - Jul 14 with 1498 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:12 - Jul 14 by Highjack

It is horrible that people seem to be using the number of deaths as a competition to see whether their side is “winning” or not. It’s been like this from the start.

The biggest culprit is the Taxman, sickening

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:54 - Jul 14 with 1442 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:57 - Jul 14 by exhmrc1

Typical of the person making these comments. Unfortunately like everything it is a bit out of date. Whilst his beloved England is showing deaths on a daily basis Wales has had no deaths on 3 of the last 4 days and the other day there was 1 death. In fact since 6 July there has been 10 deaths. There were more than that in England yesterday alone and that was the lowest it has had. Whilst Wales has had no deaths on 4 of the last 9 days England has yet to have a single day with no deaths. A bit like the 1500 deaths that were supposed to have been discovered. Wishful thinking on his behalf. Maybe actually checking the facts before posting would be useful.

Stop it for God's sake.
And you are in no position to tell anyone to check facts before posting. You've been wrong in the vast majority of posts.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:07 - Jul 14 with 1436 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:54 - Jul 14 by Scotia

Stop it for God's sake.
And you are in no position to tell anyone to check facts before posting. You've been wrong in the vast majority of posts.

1500 extra deaths didnt happen and the other figures I have given are right.

Here is one
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12119005/uk-coronavirus-r-rate-getting-close-1-cas
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-coronavirus-death-toll-latest-rise-45k-a44
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1307600/coronavirus-latest-news-UK-covid19-loc

I dont make these up. These are figures produced in England by Tory supporting papers.

I realise your hatred of Mark Drakeford doesnt like this but these are facts. Last week the English press reported there were 108 authorities who had increased rates and 40+ had over 10 in 100000. These were not my figures. As I told you I thought Wrexham might have been over that figure but the evidence from the BBC showed it wasn't. It was 5.9 and no other Welsh authority had over 3.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 20:19]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:30 - Jul 14 with 1402 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:07 - Jul 14 by exhmrc1

1500 extra deaths didnt happen and the other figures I have given are right.

Here is one
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12119005/uk-coronavirus-r-rate-getting-close-1-cas
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-coronavirus-death-toll-latest-rise-45k-a44
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1307600/coronavirus-latest-news-UK-covid19-loc

I dont make these up. These are figures produced in England by Tory supporting papers.

I realise your hatred of Mark Drakeford doesnt like this but these are facts. Last week the English press reported there were 108 authorities who had increased rates and 40+ had over 10 in 100000. These were not my figures. As I told you I thought Wrexham might have been over that figure but the evidence from the BBC showed it wasn't. It was 5.9 and no other Welsh authority had over 3.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 20:19]

We've been over this a thousand times. You're obviously can't grasp the broader picture of this situation. That may be correct but pretty much every post I've made in reply to you I've had to correct the post I'm replying to.

New infections in England fell by about 6% last week as a whole. Despite outbreaks in places like Leicester and Blackburn. So once again you are cherry picking the worst examples in a far bigger population. Do you realise about 18 times more people live in England than Wales and they have a lot of very big and densely populated cities? We have Swansea, Cardiff and Newport. Do you realise these cities are usually far more ethnically diverse than Swansea?

Today Wales had 21 times the new infections seen in Scotland. 21 times! Per capita that is about 40 times more. Can you justify that?

This country will never get anywhere with people supporting the current administration despite their obvious failings. And they are obvious. Failings that have been pointed out to you in simple terms a number of times, but you don't get.

You are still point scoring using dead English people. Even though the futility of that has been made clear. You've even brought individual posters family in to your posts. Quite frankly its disgusting.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 14 with 1389 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:30 - Jul 14 by Scotia

We've been over this a thousand times. You're obviously can't grasp the broader picture of this situation. That may be correct but pretty much every post I've made in reply to you I've had to correct the post I'm replying to.

New infections in England fell by about 6% last week as a whole. Despite outbreaks in places like Leicester and Blackburn. So once again you are cherry picking the worst examples in a far bigger population. Do you realise about 18 times more people live in England than Wales and they have a lot of very big and densely populated cities? We have Swansea, Cardiff and Newport. Do you realise these cities are usually far more ethnically diverse than Swansea?

Today Wales had 21 times the new infections seen in Scotland. 21 times! Per capita that is about 40 times more. Can you justify that?

This country will never get anywhere with people supporting the current administration despite their obvious failings. And they are obvious. Failings that have been pointed out to you in simple terms a number of times, but you don't get.

You are still point scoring using dead English people. Even though the futility of that has been made clear. You've even brought individual posters family in to your posts. Quite frankly its disgusting.

I use facts nothing less. You might not like them but the evidence is there. If you dont like what people like the Express, Metro, Daily Mail, BBC, Mirror say take it up with them. Most of the sources that I am using are Tory supporting English press. These are facts that many different bodies in England are showing. Look at the case with open eyes instead of letting your hatred of Drakeford colour your judgement.

I wasn't going to use this but just another fact. Wales has now shown 4 days of nil Deaths in the last 9 days. Scotland has done better. England has yet to produce a day with no deaths. It is now 8 days since Wales first showed a day with no deaths. Even if England had no deaths tomorrow that is 9 days later. According to the actual date of death rather than recording date the first date for Wales without a death was 18 June. That is nearly a month ago.

You can hide and pretend as much as you like these are facts.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:58 - Jul 14 with 1384 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 14 by exhmrc1

I use facts nothing less. You might not like them but the evidence is there. If you dont like what people like the Express, Metro, Daily Mail, BBC, Mirror say take it up with them. Most of the sources that I am using are Tory supporting English press. These are facts that many different bodies in England are showing. Look at the case with open eyes instead of letting your hatred of Drakeford colour your judgement.

I wasn't going to use this but just another fact. Wales has now shown 4 days of nil Deaths in the last 9 days. Scotland has done better. England has yet to produce a day with no deaths. It is now 8 days since Wales first showed a day with no deaths. Even if England had no deaths tomorrow that is 9 days later. According to the actual date of death rather than recording date the first date for Wales without a death was 18 June. That is nearly a month ago.

I give up. You're a moron.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:15 - Jul 14 with 1362 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 14 by exhmrc1

It’s presumably escaped your attention that England has a population of 50 odd million and Wales 3 million?

I notice that the correction that’s had to be done for the UK today because Wales has had 830 more cases than previously reported hasn’t been mentioned...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024