Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 122532 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 05:10 - Jul 1 with 16975 viewsGlyn1

I will say that if when I went into a pub it was to talk to people that I liked/disliked (but enjoyed the banter) or meet strangers/tourists. I don't think I'll be able do that now if I and they are forced to book a place at a table in advance.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:35 - Jul 1 with 16893 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yes
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:42 - Jul 1 with 16888 viewsjack247

I’d have said yes a couple of weeks ago. Now, there are minimal cases new in Wales (excluding the meat processing plants) and the VE day/riots/crowds packing the beaches don’t seem to have caused the spike most of us expected. I’m going with no.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:20 - Jul 1 with 16851 viewsScotia

I think it is too soon to move to the English relaxation of opening everything with minimal distancing, but not soon enough in Wales.
I think we should be opening outdoor attractions, beer gardens and loosening the 5 mile limit.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:54 - Jul 1 with 16828 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:20 - Jul 1 by Scotia

I think it is too soon to move to the English relaxation of opening everything with minimal distancing, but not soon enough in Wales.
I think we should be opening outdoor attractions, beer gardens and loosening the 5 mile limit.

The 5 mile limit is being relaxed on Monday and has never been a strict limit anyway. It was a guidance figure of what staying local meant and was never written into law whilst staying local was, As far as opening up it very much appears we will be in a position to safely open things up shortly. The drop in coronavirus figures will lead to there being very few cases once the meat processing factories have all been tested and because the stay local rule has been kept in place most areas of Wales now have similar very low levels of the virus. Well done Drakeford and co for not following the policies of the idiot in number 10.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:19 - Jul 1 with 16812 viewssainthelens

Just a guess, but perhaps Drakeford is waiting a few weeks to see any possible rise in cases in England after this weekend.
But I think Sunday morning the headlines will be carnage over the border.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Jul 1 with 16801 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:54 - Jul 1 by exhmrc1

The 5 mile limit is being relaxed on Monday and has never been a strict limit anyway. It was a guidance figure of what staying local meant and was never written into law whilst staying local was, As far as opening up it very much appears we will be in a position to safely open things up shortly. The drop in coronavirus figures will lead to there being very few cases once the meat processing factories have all been tested and because the stay local rule has been kept in place most areas of Wales now have similar very low levels of the virus. Well done Drakeford and co for not following the policies of the idiot in number 10.

Perhaps he should move Mondays relaxation to Friday to encourage the biggest airline in Europe to use Cardiff airport? After all we own it. Alienating a huge business over the sake of 3 days seems idiotic to me.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:53 - Jul 1 with 16792 viewsBest_loser

Fvck knows, time will tell

Should of started sooner

It's been a total shambles from the start, the worst prime minister and cabinet ever
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:09 - Jul 1 with 16773 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Jul 1 by Scotia

Perhaps he should move Mondays relaxation to Friday to encourage the biggest airline in Europe to use Cardiff airport? After all we own it. Alienating a huge business over the sake of 3 days seems idiotic to me.

You mean to tell me that Cardiff airport should be making money and not be a vanity project for the ‘diff’?! What is this pseudo Bolshevism of which you speak?

In answer to the OP. Lockdown should of lifted ages ago. The idea of lockdown was to flatten the curve, as soon as that was apparent we should of gone back to normal until it spiked again and gone in for a second lockdown, possibly August to September depending on cases.

Reasons, in the non lockdown people could of got the things they needed for the second lockdown, tourism could of had a shot of some trade, families could’ve met up and.people would feel better for a break in this crap. But I hear you say, that would spread the virus. Yes it would but I’m sure we were told that 80% of people will get this virus at some point so best to get it done now so we can all move forward. Only impose lockdowns to save the burden on the nhs and care homes nothing more.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:21 - Jul 1 with 16760 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:53 - Jul 1 by Best_loser

Fvck knows, time will tell

Should of started sooner

It's been a total shambles from the start, the worst prime minister and cabinet ever

If it had been in place 10 days earlier lockdown (other than local spikes) would be over now. It seems about right for Wales and Scotland with a more cautious approach. England is a bit premature in my opinion especially given the suggestion that levels are being grossly underreported. Certainly the emerging picture in the Northwest is less positive in terms of true case numbers.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:34 - Jul 1 with 16701 viewsmagicdaps10

Lockdown will end soon.

The issue we should be worried about is come Oct to January where the virus is expected to return and potentially return harder than we have just witnessed.
It is quite clear that alot of people are not understanding what we should be doing in the new normal and their thought is that it will just go away.

Emails already sent out in certain quarters that there will be another wave and they will go with localised lockdowns rather than national lockdowns.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:44 - Jul 1 with 16676 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:09 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

You mean to tell me that Cardiff airport should be making money and not be a vanity project for the ‘diff’?! What is this pseudo Bolshevism of which you speak?

In answer to the OP. Lockdown should of lifted ages ago. The idea of lockdown was to flatten the curve, as soon as that was apparent we should of gone back to normal until it spiked again and gone in for a second lockdown, possibly August to September depending on cases.

Reasons, in the non lockdown people could of got the things they needed for the second lockdown, tourism could of had a shot of some trade, families could’ve met up and.people would feel better for a break in this crap. But I hear you say, that would spread the virus. Yes it would but I’m sure we were told that 80% of people will get this virus at some point so best to get it done now so we can all move forward. Only impose lockdowns to save the burden on the nhs and care homes nothing more.

Any chance you can have a chat with Drakeford fella
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 16670 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:21 - Jul 1 by Professor

If it had been in place 10 days earlier lockdown (other than local spikes) would be over now. It seems about right for Wales and Scotland with a more cautious approach. England is a bit premature in my opinion especially given the suggestion that levels are being grossly underreported. Certainly the emerging picture in the Northwest is less positive in terms of true case numbers.

The levels for England as a whole haven’t been underreported. Pillar 2 has been included throughout in the total infections.

It’s the allocation of those infections to local authority that is the issue.

This is all a bit ‘in plain sight’ though. The daily reports have stated quite clearly ‘not split by location’ since the start. It’s obvious they must have been somewhere. Perhaps local authorities have all assumed they are somewhere else, which isn’t hugely sensible.

The FT seem to be insinuating that they’ve been hidden and not reported. That’s simply not true. The breakdown has always been on the DHSC website.

This is only an issue because of a move to local lockdown rather than national. The DHSC or PHE need to be releasing the local figures to local politicians. The NHS trusts have always been in receipt of the local breakdowns.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:54 - Jul 1 with 16588 viewspikeypaul

For the work shy teachers on full pay and the 40% who say they are better off since being furloughed, yes.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:13 - Jul 1 with 16586 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:44 - Jul 1 by pencoedjack

Any chance you can have a chat with Drakeford fella

I would love to but I might get too angry and the message might get lost.

It’s not just him. The whole welsh assembly needs a kick in the hoop. I understand caution but come on!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 16512 viewsNeath_Jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:09 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

Have, not of.

Sorry, pet hate.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:31 - Jul 1 with 16484 viewsJackinexile1

I was in Cardiff city centre today and it was absolutely rammed... everything open.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 16473 viewsperplex

People still can not grasp the fact that the lockdown is going to cause way more deaths from other illnesses in the long run than those caused by the virus, everyone debates is the lockdown being ended to soon or not, yet the really serious issues and impending time bomb of people not being to access early diagnosis and treatment due to the lockdown seems to not register in most mindsets.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:41 - Jul 1 with 16408 viewswaynekerr55

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:54 - Jul 1 by pikeypaul

For the work shy teachers on full pay and the 40% who say they are better off since being furloughed, yes.

OUT

AFLI

Who are these "40%". Where is this evidence? Genuine question, Pike.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:47 - Jul 1 with 16401 viewsDr_Winston

There's absolutely no reason for the five mile rule to still be in place, and with it the continued closure of places with self contained facilities such as campsites, holiday lets, caravan parks etc.

At the moment it looks like they're more concerned with taking less risks than England than in actually trying to salvage the economy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:15 - Jul 1 with 16369 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:47 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

There's absolutely no reason for the five mile rule to still be in place, and with it the continued closure of places with self contained facilities such as campsites, holiday lets, caravan parks etc.

At the moment it looks like they're more concerned with taking less risks than England than in actually trying to salvage the economy.

Most people have been ignoring lockdown rules anyway.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:25 - Jul 1 with 16354 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:35 - Jul 1 by Treforys_Jack

Yes

I’m assuming you don’t run a business, work in an Industry affected

The delusion that continues to perpetuate is incredible

We are going to have 4 or 5 million unemployed and still people think it’s more important to stay at home

It’s like a madness had descended on this Country

I think there’s a lot of elitist opinion on here from people in cushy public sector jobs, people who are retired etc

Protect those that need protecting the rest of us need to be out there getting the Country back on its feet or we’ll have nothing left

The amount of damage there’ll be in terms of health will be far higher if we don’t accept reality

Constantly flabbergasted by the lefty crap on here
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:29 - Jul 1 with 16348 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:39 - Jul 1 by Neath_Jack

Have, not of.

Sorry, pet hate.

Listen with my results in gcse English all be it many moons ago I’ll take that.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:31 - Jul 1 with 16340 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:25 - Jul 1 by rockinjac

I’m assuming you don’t run a business, work in an Industry affected

The delusion that continues to perpetuate is incredible

We are going to have 4 or 5 million unemployed and still people think it’s more important to stay at home

It’s like a madness had descended on this Country

I think there’s a lot of elitist opinion on here from people in cushy public sector jobs, people who are retired etc

Protect those that need protecting the rest of us need to be out there getting the Country back on its feet or we’ll have nothing left

The amount of damage there’ll be in terms of health will be far higher if we don’t accept reality

Constantly flabbergasted by the lefty crap on here

This is what we should have done from the start

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:31 - Jul 1 with 16341 viewsJack123

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:15 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

Most people have been ignoring lockdown rules anyway.

I agree!! Even at the start of this, when everything was up in the air, I witnessed quite a few neighbours just carrying on as normal.

But I wii say, we need to get back to normal asap.. Just protect the elderly, and people who are vulnerable..

Being honest, I can't stand much more of it, and I have at the moment nothing to lose financially.. It's horrible :(
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 1:25]

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024