Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 122411 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:01 - Jul 4 with 1659 viewswaynekerr55

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:52 - Jul 4 by rockinjac

Teachers seem so precious

Look at the supermarket workers going out everyday on sh1t money keeping the ship afloat

All other major services continue to function but teachers no they can’t possibly go in.

It’s only our kids education at the end of the day no biggie. The kids from poor backgrounds are really going to suffer during this period. I can’t get my head around it do your public duty ffs

Its being over egged though rockin. Sure there'll be a minority being awkward but on the whole they've all been at it; certainly in the construction sector across London and Kent in my experience.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:09 - Jul 4 with 1648 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:01 - Jul 4 by waynekerr55

Its being over egged though rockin. Sure there'll be a minority being awkward but on the whole they've all been at it; certainly in the construction sector across London and Kent in my experience.

No doubt. But there’s certainly a big issue at same time.

I know several teachers and this “flat out” thing does not ring true at all. Yes they’ve done work, but it’s nothing like before.

What’s the best part about teaching?

“July and August”

Must be protected no matter what
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:09 - Jul 4 with 1648 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:50 - Jul 4 by waynekerr55

Probably the fact that the vast majority didn't refuse to go back. Just a thought...

No they didn’t, there were so few kids actually in the hubs, about 60 in the one nearest to me, that they didn’t need or could they even cope with hundreds of teachers. All the schools were shut so they were t going to their usual workplace, which is bizarre also.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 1637 viewsbennytheblue

Interesting view which many agree with.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/education/school-re-opening-wales-coronavirus
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:00 - Jul 4 with 1617 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:23 - Jul 4 by bennytheblue

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/education/school-re-opening-wales-coronavirus

What happens in September none of us can tell. Based on the current rate of reduction in coronavirus cases it is highly likely there wont be any cases and if that is the case there really wont be any need for social distancing so schools should be able to return to normal. It is too early to make that decision as things may change before then especially if the lockdown is removed too early as some on here want to do.

Comparing the last 4 days with the same 4 days shows substantial drops
Yesterday 26 A week before 65
Similarly 41 123
32 47
26 98

Part of that drop is attributable to the chicken processing plants but nonetheless there is a clear and large reduction and figures are going to drop further unless the lockdown is removed too soon. We should shortly see low teens or single figures in the figures and at those figures opening up more things and removing the 2 metre rule would be realistic
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:01 - Jul 4 with 1616 viewsrockinjac

Contend with the virus is absolutely correct

I posed the question the “very cautious” supporters about what their overall strategy is and there’s been nothing

They spend all their time obsessing about what we could have should have done. That’s the past, we have to worry about the future

There doesn’t seem to be any “science” behind it - in my eyes its raw politics show me the “science” that says opening up several days later makes any difference

This virus is not going away and just hiding under the sheets means we’ll have nothing to go back to. What is the strategy?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:25 - Jul 4 with 1590 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:24 - Jul 3 by Ebo

No one is enjoying furlough. That’s a lazy arse quip straight out of the Tufton Street playbook

You have to be jesting.

I manage 18 people 13 furloughed since March I had to ring to get an additional 3 back in work for July 1st.

2 were desperate to come back

7 gave the standard I don’t mind either way ( at least they showed willing)

4 said they would stay off as long as possible as long as it was 80% pay.

11 of the 13 furloughed had 2 weeks off prior to being furloughed with CV19 symptoms the 5 lads working haven’t lost a day.

I’d imagine most large companies have similar percentages
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:35 - Jul 4 with 1584 viewswaynekerr55

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:09 - Jul 4 by bennytheblue

No they didn’t, there were so few kids actually in the hubs, about 60 in the one nearest to me, that they didn’t need or could they even cope with hundreds of teachers. All the schools were shut so they were t going to their usual workplace, which is bizarre also.

Benny as I said thats a minority- you can't apply you own experience as widespread.
Is it an issue? Yes, we agree on that, but don't be fooled by this mob's MO of throwing out factually incorrect statements as a culture ear is the only way they'll stay in.

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:41 - Jul 4 with 1580 viewswaynekerr55

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:09 - Jul 4 by rockinjac

No doubt. But there’s certainly a big issue at same time.

I know several teachers and this “flat out” thing does not ring true at all. Yes they’ve done work, but it’s nothing like before.

What’s the best part about teaching?

“July and August”

Must be protected no matter what

The thing is Rockin, I know our Welsh arm has to report to Estyn monthly on how we are keeping the apprentices in learning. You can bet your bottom dollar that Esytn and Ofsted will be crawling all over the schools to see what they've done/will be doing, so it's in nobodies interest to sack it off, as they'll get slammed when they get the call

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:53 - Jul 4 with 1551 viewsScotia

I'm pretty certain 3 weeks is a typo and should read 3 months - but there is a lot of sense in that article.

Don't forget the infection figures in England are dropping considerably too despite relaxing lock down. Who knows what will happen over the next couple of weeks though.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 1541 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:24 - Jul 3 by Ebo

No one is enjoying furlough. That’s a lazy arse quip straight out of the Tufton Street playbook

Personally know a load of people in their early 60’s loving it. Kids moved out, no mortgage, most of whom have stepped down to an easier job for holiday money etc. ‘80% pay for 0% work’ as one told me. It’s those in the middle age range with mortgages, kids to pay for are finding it harder. And the self employed who’s payments are lower than their usual income after skimming tax returns for years.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 1537 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:53 - Jul 4 by Scotia

I'm pretty certain 3 weeks is a typo and should read 3 months - but there is a lot of sense in that article.

Don't forget the infection figures in England are dropping considerably too despite relaxing lock down. Who knows what will happen over the next couple of weeks though.

Who knows indeed. Chatting to a few GP mates this week, there is a theory the strain of it appears to be getting weaker, too early to say for sure, but hopefully it will just fade away along with how we treat it now getting far better than initially when little was known.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:28 - Jul 4 with 1526 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:09 - Jul 4 by bennytheblue

Who knows indeed. Chatting to a few GP mates this week, there is a theory the strain of it appears to be getting weaker, too early to say for sure, but hopefully it will just fade away along with how we treat it now getting far better than initially when little was known.

Benny- you reduce the severity of symptoms by treatment. Nothing is really treating the infection as such. As I have posted about 40 times adaptation to humans will reduce virulence. Even if we have the Oxford vaccines this year this Virus will be around for a very long time. It may become a seasonal problem like influenza, one we can mitigate against a by vaccination but will lead to deaths every year but not the massive countrywide epidemic we have just experienced
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:10 - Jul 4 with 1499 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:28 - Jul 4 by Professor

Benny- you reduce the severity of symptoms by treatment. Nothing is really treating the infection as such. As I have posted about 40 times adaptation to humans will reduce virulence. Even if we have the Oxford vaccines this year this Virus will be around for a very long time. It may become a seasonal problem like influenza, one we can mitigate against a by vaccination but will lead to deaths every year but not the massive countrywide epidemic we have just experienced

Ok good to know. I didn’t realise before this that the flu killed so many, was it 35000 in 2015 or 2017
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:29 - Jul 4 with 1491 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:10 - Jul 4 by bennytheblue

Ok good to know. I didn’t realise before this that the flu killed so many, was it 35000 in 2015 or 2017

Kills thousands annually- if they get the vaccine wrong in terms of which antigens to include younger spikes- like 2015. Coronaviruses are less variable thankfully.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:02 - Jul 4 with 1433 viewsScotia

I am beginning to wonder who may have had this virus and been asymptomatic or only had very minor symptoms.

My niece had a antibody test before returning to teaching and it was positive. She had no symptoms and is in at risk group, her partner lost sense of smell for a couple of weeks in April so likely had it too - he is also at risk.

It makes you realise it is going to be very hard to control.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:33 - Jul 4 with 1414 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:02 - Jul 4 by Scotia

I am beginning to wonder who may have had this virus and been asymptomatic or only had very minor symptoms.

My niece had a antibody test before returning to teaching and it was positive. She had no symptoms and is in at risk group, her partner lost sense of smell for a couple of weeks in April so likely had it too - he is also at risk.

It makes you realise it is going to be very hard to control.

We all were ill here Xmas time, with covid19 symptoms, and I know of many others who were too.There is evidence it has been in Europe in December maybe even earlier, however Mrs CJ who works front like NHS, recently had an antibody test and it came back negative.

It's either the test was inaccurate, or some other virus was circulating.It's bad news, as we were hoping we would have some immunity, but it looks unlikely.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:57 - Jul 4 with 1397 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:33 - Jul 4 by controversial_jack

We all were ill here Xmas time, with covid19 symptoms, and I know of many others who were too.There is evidence it has been in Europe in December maybe even earlier, however Mrs CJ who works front like NHS, recently had an antibody test and it came back negative.

It's either the test was inaccurate, or some other virus was circulating.It's bad news, as we were hoping we would have some immunity, but it looks unlikely.

Is it possible to get this antibody test anywhere?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:58 - Jul 4 with 1398 viewsperplex

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:58 - Jul 3 by LeonWasGod

Hang on, you were commenting about Wales not being open enough for people to holiday here, which is why Ebo mentioned the priority on health. How do you get from that to the impact on other serious illnesses? They're not related.

There is an effect of the hospitals having to commit resources away from other activities, nobody's denying that. The bigger issue is that the NHS is being run so lean that there's no capacity to deal with Covid unless resources are moved from other areas. But the lockdown length and whether people can come on holiday here doesn't affect this.

Really, now I do not recall that, maybe you are thinking of someone else, commenting on Wales and Holidays.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:08 - Jul 4 with 1381 viewsperplex

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 3 by lifelong

On the other hand, if there were no lockdowns in place the hospitals would have been crammed full with Coronavirus victims again denying patients, with other conditions, treatment.

The Hospitals have been empty in most places and they still have denied patients with the potential to die from far more serious stuff than the covid virus, and you do not know for a fact that the hospitals would have been crammed, an example of that is Sweden, they never locked down and to this day have only 5000 deaths, granted more than there neighbours who did lock down however due to continuing normal medical care for everyone they estimate to have probably saved up to half a million lives in the long run.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:34 - Jul 4 with 1362 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:57 - Jul 4 by pencoedjack

Mate of mine bought one on amazon I think he said, about £80.

Antibody Test by

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089648L25/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CTmaFbG9G1A32
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 19:36]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:31 - Jul 4 with 1332 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:57 - Jul 4 by pencoedjack

Further to Benny’s post you can pick them up in Superdrug or there is also the below.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/18441478.first-to-market-covid-19-antibod
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:26 - Jul 4 with 1314 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:31 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

Further to Benny’s post you can pick them up in Superdrug or there is also the below.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/18441478.first-to-market-covid-19-antibod

Not sure how easy it is to do yourself at home which is why you can add a nurse visit. Mate couldn’t get enough blood out so booked an appointment with his gp or nurse to extract it.....
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:59 - Jul 4 with 1299 viewsSwanjaxs

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:26 - Jul 4 by bennytheblue

Not sure how easy it is to do yourself at home which is why you can add a nurse visit. Mate couldn’t get enough blood out so booked an appointment with his gp or nurse to extract it.....

So for 80 quid you can arrange for a nurse to come over the house and finish off your blood soaked DIY antibody kit?

Bargain that!

Perhaps she will throw in a bed bath for an extra 20?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:12 - Jul 4 with 1291 viewsbuilthjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:04 - Jul 4 by BillyChong

Personally know a load of people in their early 60’s loving it. Kids moved out, no mortgage, most of whom have stepped down to an easier job for holiday money etc. ‘80% pay for 0% work’ as one told me. It’s those in the middle age range with mortgages, kids to pay for are finding it harder. And the self employed who’s payments are lower than their usual income after skimming tax returns for years.

Or the self employed for less than a year who got nothing at all

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024