Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126859 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:35 - Jul 6 with 1490 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:41 - Jul 6 by Scotia

17 in Wales and 331 in England. So quite comparable really.
What a success Drakeford's lock down has been.

No, 8 in Wales, half of that in England
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:56 - Jul 6 with 1452 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:14 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

I have! Have you?

No, not when I need to shop in Asda

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:00 - Jul 6 with 1447 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:35 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

No, 8 in Wales, half of that in England

No it is 17. Public health wales only declare NHS lab tests in their summary report, there were a further 9 pillar 2 positives. The 331 in England include both.

So very little difference per capita and no justification for us to have the tightest country wide lock down in the UK.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 6 with 1419 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:56 - Jul 6 by raynor94

No, not when I need to shop in Asda

You haven't followed the 5 mile rule?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:16 - Jul 6 with 1414 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

It’s not a rule. It’s guidance.

Poll: Tory leader

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 6 with 1407 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:16 - Jul 6 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not a rule. It’s guidance.

It's referred to as a rule, but I don't think it's law. Regardless, it should be followed by responsible adults.Do grown adults have to be told what to do, can't they use common sense and just act sensibly, instead of trying to be smart arses and push the boundaries?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 22:22]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:22 - Jul 6 with 1403 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

It's referred to as a rule, but I don't think it's law. Regardless, it should be followed by responsible adults.Do grown adults have to be told what to do, can't they use common sense and just act sensibly, instead of trying to be smart arses and push the boundaries?

Apparently you only have to follow it if you are flying with Ryanair.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 6 with 1389 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

The guidance you mean, No to go shopping

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:36 - Jul 6 with 1387 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 6 by raynor94

The guidance you mean, No to go shopping

The rule that says to not go more than 5 miles when you can shop elsewhere. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:39 - Jul 6 with 1384 viewsJack_Meoff

Am I allowed to go to Bristol yet to fill the car boot up with LIdl's own brand gin without risking the wrath and ire of my peers?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:44 - Jul 6 with 1377 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:36 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

The rule that says to not go more than 5 miles when you can shop elsewhere. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Don't like Tesco, and God forbid I'd go to Lidl or Aldi, felt a lot better going to Asda today mind.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:49 - Jul 6 with 1373 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:44 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Don't like Tesco, and God forbid I'd go to Lidl or Aldi, felt a lot better going to Asda today mind.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:25 - Jul 6 with 1350 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:06 - Jul 6 by londonlisa2001

As I’ve also posted previously, the majority of deaths in England have come from urban centres and big cities where the ethnic mix is about 30%-40% compared to Wales’ 5%.

As I gave as an example, Hammersmith & Fulham have had fewer cases per capita yet a lot more deaths, the ethnic minority population is many multiples in H&F compared to Swansea.

Anyway, I can’t be bothered any longer. You won’t accept the facts. And you can’t see why those with small businesses are being hurt unnecessarily. Some of them destroyed. It’s the epitome of ‘I’m alright jack‘ it really is. Total lack of empathy.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 21:06]

You keep playing the man to shut down the debate.

People on here might want a longer lock down because they have lost relatives to covid, or are very worried about vulnerable family or friends.

Thats not an ‘i am alright Jack’ moment ....

They might think Johnson has pisss poor judgement and his reckless actions will create a second wave that adversely impacts both public health and the economic recovery.

Thats not an ‘I am alright Jack’ moment ....

You really should not throw such assertions around when you are frankly just guessing.

Zero deaths today in Wales btw - well done to Professor Drakeford.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:40 - Jul 6 with 1340 viewsLuther27

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

That’s why there are warnings on peanut butter jars that the product may contain peanuts
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:54 - Jul 6 with 1325 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:25 - Jul 6 by Kilkennyjack

You keep playing the man to shut down the debate.

People on here might want a longer lock down because they have lost relatives to covid, or are very worried about vulnerable family or friends.

Thats not an ‘i am alright Jack’ moment ....

They might think Johnson has pisss poor judgement and his reckless actions will create a second wave that adversely impacts both public health and the economic recovery.

Thats not an ‘I am alright Jack’ moment ....

You really should not throw such assertions around when you are frankly just guessing.

Zero deaths today in Wales btw - well done to Professor Drakeford.

Do you have to go out to work to feed your family?

Because those that do are also worried about vulnerable family and friends.

People here in London that have to go out to work are worried about vulnerable family and friends. How do you think they’ll feel if they put themselves at risk to pay out for those that are unprepared to share any risk?

Everyone thinks Johnson has piss poor judgement. Everyone. And yet it’s making no difference to the drop in cases. If there’s a second wave, nothing Drakeford has done to date will make a jot of difference. Same as it hasn’t stopped isolated factory based outbreaks. They’ve been the same in Wales as in England. If there isn’t a second wave, he will have harmed the Welsh economy beyond all that is reasonable.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:12 - Jul 7 with 1277 viewsScotia

I've heard this morning that the inside of restaurants and pubs have been told that they will be able to open in Wales from the 27th.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:05 - Jul 7 with 1256 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:06 - Jul 6 by londonlisa2001

As I’ve also posted previously, the majority of deaths in England have come from urban centres and big cities where the ethnic mix is about 30%-40% compared to Wales’ 5%.

As I gave as an example, Hammersmith & Fulham have had fewer cases per capita yet a lot more deaths, the ethnic minority population is many multiples in H&F compared to Swansea.

Anyway, I can’t be bothered any longer. You won’t accept the facts. And you can’t see why those with small businesses are being hurt unnecessarily. Some of them destroyed. It’s the epitome of ‘I’m alright jack‘ it really is. Total lack of empathy.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 21:06]

Let us look at the facts. Take Kent against Wales. Kent has 1/2 of the Welsh population and has a similar amount of ethnicity around 6%. Its largest city Maidstone is half the size of Wales biggest city and 2/3 the size of Wales second biggest city yet the figures show the deaths there are 60% higher than Wales proportionately.

If your statement was right Singapore being a city island country would have had far higher rates than the UK as everyone lives in a huge city several times bigger than any in the UK bar London. Melbourne which has a huge asian population would have had masses of deaths.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:26 - Jul 7 with 1242 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:05 - Jul 7 by exhmrc1

Let us look at the facts. Take Kent against Wales. Kent has 1/2 of the Welsh population and has a similar amount of ethnicity around 6%. Its largest city Maidstone is half the size of Wales biggest city and 2/3 the size of Wales second biggest city yet the figures show the deaths there are 60% higher than Wales proportionately.

If your statement was right Singapore being a city island country would have had far higher rates than the UK as everyone lives in a huge city several times bigger than any in the UK bar London. Melbourne which has a huge asian population would have had masses of deaths.

Yawn, Time for ignore. You need to get a hobby

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:30 - Jul 7 with 1242 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:12 - Jul 7 by Scotia

I've heard this morning that the inside of restaurants and pubs have been told that they will be able to open in Wales from the 27th.

That is pretty much in keeping with the Drakeford's answers in a question and answer session I saw on Facebook on Friday. He said he wanted to see them open outside successfully before opening indoors. He gave the same reply regarding nail bars and tattoes in that they wanted to see hairdressers work successfully before opening them.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:38 - Jul 7 with 1237 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:05 - Jul 7 by exhmrc1

Firstly seeing as Kent has a population of around 1.5 million and and it's largest city is smaller than Swansea - I guess a significant number, or possibly even the majority, of people work in London which was the epicentre of infection in March / April that would have been brought back to Kent. Now ethnicity may be comparable but what about age and other variables? All it would take is more outbreaks in care homes and that could be explained. If there is more infection in the community then that would be more likely.

Melbourne is of largely Chinese heritage - Chinese people are at slightly less risk than westerners, in addition the peak was during their summer and therefore more time being spent outside.

Singapore was an excellent example of how this disease could be controlled. Apparently they copied our pandemenic plan that Westminster ignored.

Anyway - can you tell me how Drakefords over-extended lock down has directly given us a death rate less than Kent?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:38 - Jul 7 with 1237 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:12 - Jul 7 by Scotia

With a load of strings attached no doubt?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:18 - Jul 7 with 1223 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:38 - Jul 7 by bennytheblue

With a load of strings attached no doubt?

I assume similar to the rest of the UK, contact details, table service etc.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:24 - Jul 7 with 1214 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:38 - Jul 7 by Scotia

Firstly seeing as Kent has a population of around 1.5 million and and it's largest city is smaller than Swansea - I guess a significant number, or possibly even the majority, of people work in London which was the epicentre of infection in March / April that would have been brought back to Kent. Now ethnicity may be comparable but what about age and other variables? All it would take is more outbreaks in care homes and that could be explained. If there is more infection in the community then that would be more likely.

Melbourne is of largely Chinese heritage - Chinese people are at slightly less risk than westerners, in addition the peak was during their summer and therefore more time being spent outside.

Singapore was an excellent example of how this disease could be controlled. Apparently they copied our pandemenic plan that Westminster ignored.

Anyway - can you tell me how Drakefords over-extended lock down has directly given us a death rate less than Kent?

Doesn’t Melbourne have the largest Greek community in the world? Outside Greece. Huge Italian one too and the Balkan states....
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 8:25]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:29 - Jul 7 with 1190 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:26 - Jul 7 by raynor94

Yawn, Time for ignore. You need to get a hobby

This ^

As boring as Drakeford,

Any news if the other idiot works yet or is he still avoiding answering the question?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:48 - Jul 7 with 1180 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:29 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

This ^

As boring as Drakeford,

Any news if the other idiot works yet or is he still avoiding answering the question?

Still conveniently avoiding the answer again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024