Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 125807 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:32 - Jul 1 with 2775 viewsDr_Winston

One of the more glib comments on the subject is that "economies recover, the dead don't" which completely ignores the increase in mortality that goes hand in hand with recession and depression, not to mention the who knows how many people who have either been afraid to get ailments checked out or have had their treatments bumped and will probably become casualties as well.

We can't carry on dragging our feet over getting as much of the Welsh economy open and functioning as safely possible. Let's not forget, the entire initial justification for lockdown was to flatten the curve of infection, not to keep everything closed until Covid goes away which is impossible without a vaccine.

Hundreds of thousands of people face unemployment, misery and financial hardship, and the very least Drakeford and co can do is to give them a fighting chance.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:33 - Jul 1 with 2770 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:25 - Jul 1 by rockinjac

I’m assuming you don’t run a business, work in an Industry affected

The delusion that continues to perpetuate is incredible

We are going to have 4 or 5 million unemployed and still people think it’s more important to stay at home

It’s like a madness had descended on this Country

I think there’s a lot of elitist opinion on here from people in cushy public sector jobs, people who are retired etc

Protect those that need protecting the rest of us need to be out there getting the Country back on its feet or we’ll have nothing left

The amount of damage there’ll be in terms of health will be far higher if we don’t accept reality

Constantly flabbergasted by the lefty crap on here

How will there be 4-5 million unemployed when Boris has promised to lump millions on infrastructure to create work?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:40 - Jul 1 with 2745 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:33 - Jul 1 by BillyChong

How will there be 4-5 million unemployed when Boris has promised to lump millions on infrastructure to create work?

You got any better suggestions ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:40 - Jul 1 with 2745 viewsVincent_Vega

We are going to have 4 or 5 million unemployed and still people think it’s more important to stay at home

I think there’s a lot of elitist opinion on here from people in cushy public sector jobs, people who are retired etc

Protect those that need protecting the rest of us need to be out there getting the Country back on its feet or we’ll have nothing left

The amount of damage there’ll be in terms of health will be far higher if we don’t accept reality

100% I’m directly affected by this lockdown and I just want to go to work. I want to earn money and go do with it as I please. No government should deny me that unless basic laws are involved. The way it’s going at the moment I could lose it all not only because of this damn virus but because the drake and his cronies have their collective knee on the Welsh economy and it’s begging to breath (yes I’ve used that analogy on purpose, sue me)

Let me tell you this, if it carries on then there’ll be nothing left and if what I’m hearing about the Welsh assemblies ‘plan’ is true then the tourism, hospitality and all who supply them are truly fubar! No point going on about ‘green spaces and clean energy when 75 to 80 of Welsh people in the tourist industry can’t feed their children because the Welsh assembly are scared stiff in opening up.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:49 - Jul 1 with 2723 viewsLeonWasGod

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:40 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

100% I’m directly affected by this lockdown and I just want to go to work. I want to earn money and go do with it as I please. No government should deny me that unless basic laws are involved. The way it’s going at the moment I could lose it all not only because of this damn virus but because the drake and his cronies have their collective knee on the Welsh economy and it’s begging to breath (yes I’ve used that analogy on purpose, sue me)

Let me tell you this, if it carries on then there’ll be nothing left and if what I’m hearing about the Welsh assemblies ‘plan’ is true then the tourism, hospitality and all who supply them are truly fubar! No point going on about ‘green spaces and clean energy when 75 to 80 of Welsh people in the tourist industry can’t feed their children because the Welsh assembly are scared stiff in opening up.

"I just want to go to work. I want to earn money and go do with it as I please". Don't we all.

But people also want to avoid dying unecessarily, or killing their elderly relatives. If we'd dealt with this effectively in the first place there would have been a slim chance we could be getting back to normal now, as some countries are.

But we didn't. The UK f*cked it up, so we're in this for the long haul. As rubbish as that is, unforunately. And we all need to pull together otherwise it'll take even longer. The whole of the UK has struggled with this, but Wales, Scotland and NI are in a better position to return to normal than England. But not yet. Going back too early is creating a whole host of probblems in England that will see controls going on for another 6-9 months or more. And none of us want that.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 1 with 2711 viewsScotia

The problem is we couldn't do that originally. The virus is very contagious and makes a lot of people very ill, even relatively fit people, the NHS would have been completely overwhelmed and still could be. We could then have ended up with even more people dying from otherwise routine conditions because the NHS can't treat them. The death toll could have been in the 100's of thousands.

Having said that we are getting to a point where lock down is no longer sustainable we have reduced virus levels to a point where I think we can start getting back to something a bit more normal.

I don't think that the Welsh government can justify our current approach but England are going too far too quickly with this weekends changes.

I mean actually asking ryanair not to fly from Cardiff Airport this weekend due to the 5 mile rule is genuinely unbelievable.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 1 with 2710 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:49 - Jul 1 by LeonWasGod

"I just want to go to work. I want to earn money and go do with it as I please". Don't we all.

But people also want to avoid dying unecessarily, or killing their elderly relatives. If we'd dealt with this effectively in the first place there would have been a slim chance we could be getting back to normal now, as some countries are.

But we didn't. The UK f*cked it up, so we're in this for the long haul. As rubbish as that is, unforunately. And we all need to pull together otherwise it'll take even longer. The whole of the UK has struggled with this, but Wales, Scotland and NI are in a better position to return to normal than England. But not yet. Going back too early is creating a whole host of probblems in England that will see controls going on for another 6-9 months or more. And none of us want that.

Yes we all do so why do our elected representatives deny us that then? People die everyday! I have had relatives in hospital with this but you know what? I’ve had others die in the meantime of other things and because of this lockdown I can’t say goodbye to them. Tell me that’s fair?! Go on tell me how that is right!

Hindsight is 20/20 and yes the uk gov as a whole did a crap job but that’s then. This is now. Families, lives, homes are going to Be torn apart by this lockdown which in my opinion is now not fit for purpose. Let the drake look at them square in the eye and say he’s done a good job!

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:00 - Jul 1 with 2702 viewsLuther27

Yes we are in it for the long haul I agree. But the general public fvcked it up. Look at the protests...look at the parties...look at ALL the illegal mass gatherings and thank all those selfish fvckers for extending the misery for those who had a semblance of self control and respect for the rules imposed for the benefit of all.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:04 - Jul 1 with 2693 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:40 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

The problem is mate they have no incentive to politically because only health is devolved if economy goes tits up then the UK Government gets blame

Good luck btw
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:06 - Jul 1 with 2689 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 1 by Scotia

The problem is we couldn't do that originally. The virus is very contagious and makes a lot of people very ill, even relatively fit people, the NHS would have been completely overwhelmed and still could be. We could then have ended up with even more people dying from otherwise routine conditions because the NHS can't treat them. The death toll could have been in the 100's of thousands.

Having said that we are getting to a point where lock down is no longer sustainable we have reduced virus levels to a point where I think we can start getting back to something a bit more normal.

I don't think that the Welsh government can justify our current approach but England are going too far too quickly with this weekends changes.

I mean actually asking ryanair not to fly from Cardiff Airport this weekend due to the 5 mile rule is genuinely unbelievable.

I supported lockdown and agree we delayed it too long

I supported it to get ducks in a row “to save our NHS”

But it can’t go on and on.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:09 - Jul 1 with 2680 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:04 - Jul 1 by rockinjac

The problem is mate they have no incentive to politically because only health is devolved if economy goes tits up then the UK Government gets blame

Good luck btw

Oh yeah! The Welsh assembly have all the perks but none of the fallback. This crisis shows the assembly as an expensive talking shop with no accountability so what’s the point of having it?

Cheers my friend. Look I said to my folks on FaceTime. The winter of discontent and the miners strike was your struggle. The 08 crisis and c19 is mine. Well get through it, somehow.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:14 - Jul 1 with 2674 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:09 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

Oh yeah! The Welsh assembly have all the perks but none of the fallback. This crisis shows the assembly as an expensive talking shop with no accountability so what’s the point of having it?

Cheers my friend. Look I said to my folks on FaceTime. The winter of discontent and the miners strike was your struggle. The 08 crisis and c19 is mine. Well get through it, somehow.

Yep.

I’m no Boris fan, far from it in fact. But you have to remember the UK Government has to raise money as well as spend it.

Slightly different position and a lot more difficult.

Yeah, it’s going to be a tough battle but we’ll get through it. We need people to start supporting local business and British business. If that means spending a bit more so be it!
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:15 - Jul 1 with 2674 viewsFlashberryjack

I share some of your concerns, but the fact is, many people are totally ignoring the lockdown, (and have been for quite a while) and I don't mean just the riots, Liverpool fans, Bournemouth idiots.

If we had a complete lockdown that was policed far more aggressively then we certainly would be in a better place, but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.

Unless Drakeford and his band of clowns act, and act fast, there'll be nothing to go back to.

Hello

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:23 - Jul 1 with 2658 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:15 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

I share some of your concerns, but the fact is, many people are totally ignoring the lockdown, (and have been for quite a while) and I don't mean just the riots, Liverpool fans, Bournemouth idiots.

If we had a complete lockdown that was policed far more aggressively then we certainly would be in a better place, but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.

Unless Drakeford and his band of clowns act, and act fast, there'll be nothing to go back to.

People were never going to abide for month after month

It’s human nature, imagine being 18 right now? I feel for them. I think people deserve a lot of credit for how they’ve behaved largely.

I know old folks who find the isolation too much to bare and without human contact will wither away Covid aside

This can’t go on and on, mental health was supposed to be put on the same level as physical health. I don’t know about you but it doesn’t feel like that right now

There’s so many unintended consequences that we probably haven’t even mentioned

People need a hug they need love. Zoom calls ain’t going to cut it forever
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:26 - Jul 1 with 2651 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:40 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

You got any better suggestions ?

The only people to benefit from it will be his mates that get the contracts
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:34 - Jul 1 with 2637 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:14 - Jul 1 by rockinjac

Yep.

I’m no Boris fan, far from it in fact. But you have to remember the UK Government has to raise money as well as spend it.

Slightly different position and a lot more difficult.

Yeah, it’s going to be a tough battle but we’ll get through it. We need people to start supporting local business and British business. If that means spending a bit more so be it!

Same Boris is no pal of mine, he doesn’t give 2 phucks about us. Thing is well endeavour to spend British but if Britain is closed then we can’t.

A new problem in this ‘recovery’ the world is starting to open up. Spain,Italy, Greece are going to start accepting flights from the uk. Now say you’re a family that always holidayed in trecco or kiln park or whatever. You’re fed up of this lockdown crap, your kids are fed up, your mrs is in your ear. You going to wait for wales to open up in October? Or are you going to go on a holiday in the costas?

Now imagine that family likes it in the costas and it’s a good price suddenly that family will never holiday in Wales again. Now times that by X. Hence disaster for the Welsh economy

Also consider this. Furlough is paid mostly by the uk tax payer. If the Welsh assembly demands that people stay on furlough due to lockdown then why should taxes from derby or Birmingham pay for it? I wouldn’t be happy if I was saes.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:35 - Jul 1 with 2635 viewsLuther27

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:23 - Jul 1 by rockinjac

People were never going to abide for month after month

It’s human nature, imagine being 18 right now? I feel for them. I think people deserve a lot of credit for how they’ve behaved largely.

I know old folks who find the isolation too much to bare and without human contact will wither away Covid aside

This can’t go on and on, mental health was supposed to be put on the same level as physical health. I don’t know about you but it doesn’t feel like that right now

There’s so many unintended consequences that we probably haven’t even mentioned

People need a hug they need love. Zoom calls ain’t going to cut it forever

I wonder how the mental health of the NHS workers is at this moment watching lockdown being eased after what they’ve been through in the last six months. I wonder what their families are feeling thinking that as things were looking better they possibly will have to go through it all again. And then there’s Winter on its way.
What’s the solution? I don’t know...I wish I did. But is having a pint in the pub worth your life? or worse the life of someone you don’t even know? The someone who’s working on a ward to save your life? ...a stranger who went for a few pints in his local to relieve his boredom.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:48 - Jul 1 with 2614 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:26 - Jul 1 by BillyChong

The only people to benefit from it will be his mates that get the contracts

O course they will, so don't bother investing in jobs is it?

Hello

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 1 with 2612 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:31 - Jul 1 by Jackinexile1

I was in Cardiff city centre today and it was absolutely rammed... everything open.

Really? I went in last week, the wife was in last Friday and it was well quiet both days...maybe it’s just got busy this week....
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:52 - Jul 1 with 2604 viewsJack123

The way i feel just let everybody mix, apart from the old and health conditions!

I really feel like strangling the tv with the amount of scaremongering rubbish that's going on! Once this is over the media need to be held accountable.

libera nos a malo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:54 - Jul 1 with 2597 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 1 by bennytheblue

Really? I went in last week, the wife was in last Friday and it was well quiet both days...maybe it’s just got busy this week....

I thought non-essential shops were only allowed to open on Monday.

Hello

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:56 - Jul 1 with 2592 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:34 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

Same Boris is no pal of mine, he doesn’t give 2 phucks about us. Thing is well endeavour to spend British but if Britain is closed then we can’t.

A new problem in this ‘recovery’ the world is starting to open up. Spain,Italy, Greece are going to start accepting flights from the uk. Now say you’re a family that always holidayed in trecco or kiln park or whatever. You’re fed up of this lockdown crap, your kids are fed up, your mrs is in your ear. You going to wait for wales to open up in October? Or are you going to go on a holiday in the costas?

Now imagine that family likes it in the costas and it’s a good price suddenly that family will never holiday in Wales again. Now times that by X. Hence disaster for the Welsh economy

Also consider this. Furlough is paid mostly by the uk tax payer. If the Welsh assembly demands that people stay on furlough due to lockdown then why should taxes from derby or Birmingham pay for it? I wouldn’t be happy if I was saes.

The Welsh Assembly has not existed since 06 May 2020.

Welsh Parliament is the new English name.... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Imagine if you were Welsh and paid for HS2, Heathrow Expansion, Crossrail etc
I bet you would be furious.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 21:59]

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:02 - Jul 1 with 2572 viewsVincent_Vega

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:56 - Jul 1 by Kilkennyjack

The Welsh Assembly has not existed since 06 May 2020.

Welsh Parliament is the new English name.... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Imagine if you were Welsh and paid for HS2, Heathrow Expansion, Crossrail etc
I bet you would be furious.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 21:59]

All of what I’ve said about feeding families and keeping jobs and your gripe is what I call the Welsh assembly?

Welsh nationalism in a nutshell

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 1 with 2559 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:34 - Jul 1 by Vincent_Vega

The issue is caravans hotels, cottages etc will in all probability be opening on July 13th. They have already been told to prepare for this and unless the figures go wrong that is what will happen. Pubs etc will open either that week or the week after. The decision is being made a week tomorrow and announced the following day. It wont be until October. Unless we have a second wave there will be no cases here after July. Aneurin Bevan Health Board has today confirmed they have nobody with coronavirus at the hospital and I was told today neither does Morriston Hospital.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:17 - Jul 1 with 2551 viewsbennytheblue

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:54 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

I thought non-essential shops were only allowed to open on Monday.

They didn’t all open though, John Lewis wasn’t even last Friday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024