Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 125896 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 20 with 1577 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:38 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Good.

Wales is not fecking Disneyland.

We do not need to be on our knees to self important day trippers like yourself who buy a Cornetto and a small coffee every other day.

If you don't respect our nation, our health, and our elected Parliament then please do feck off somewhere else.

Wales will still be here long after you are 6ft under.

We would rather have nice people from the EU and not Brenda and Keith from Kent with their car full of food that they brought with them.

Those days have ended. Suck it up snowflake. 👍
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 23:39]

Well Brenda, Keith and their friends seemed to spending a fortune in Dartmouth this weekend I didn't see a cornetto or small coffee once but a lot of local ale and ice cream served by local people. The pub's and restaurants were busy but seemed very safe.

My local landlord said the lockdown is crippling him. Those were his exact words. I think he'd like Brenda and Keith to drop by and spend some cash ASAP. Especially as there doesn't seem to be an increase in cases in England attributable to reopening businesses.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:51 - Jul 20 with 1570 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 20 by Scotia

Well Brenda, Keith and their friends seemed to spending a fortune in Dartmouth this weekend I didn't see a cornetto or small coffee once but a lot of local ale and ice cream served by local people. The pub's and restaurants were busy but seemed very safe.

My local landlord said the lockdown is crippling him. Those were his exact words. I think he'd like Brenda and Keith to drop by and spend some cash ASAP. Especially as there doesn't seem to be an increase in cases in England attributable to reopening businesses.

He thinks you’re based in England.

The point has sailed quite some distance over his head.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:10 - Jul 20 with 1579 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 20 by Scotia

Pubs were busy here in Wales on the weekend. Plenty of people spending money eating and drinking where creative landlords had utilised space around their pubs.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 19:10]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:29 - Jul 20 with 1560 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:10 - Jul 20 by BillyChong

Pubs were busy here in Wales on the weekend. Plenty of people spending money eating and drinking where creative landlords had utilised space around their pubs.

And they could have been busier for weeks, but no, dippy Drakeford et al have to go against common sense to score points

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 1526 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:51 - Jul 20 by londonlisa2001

He thinks you’re based in England.

The point has sailed quite some distance over his head.

Ah I see, I'm within walking distance of the liberty stadium.

I think reality has sailed some distance over some people's heads too.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:49 - Jul 20 with 1523 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:10 - Jul 20 by BillyChong

Technically using space creatively is breaking the WG's rules. They are only allowed to use licensed areas.

I don't blame them at all though.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:12 - Jul 20 with 1534 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:29 - Jul 20 by Andy1300

And they could have been busier for weeks, but no, dippy Drakeford et al have to go against common sense to score points

He operated common sense and followed the advice given unlike Johnson. Maybe that is why Wales today had 15 new cases the UK equivalent of 300 in the UK whilst the UK had nearly double that 580. Yet another day for nearly double the amount.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:29 - Jul 20 with 1526 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:12 - Jul 20 by exhmrc1

He operated common sense and followed the advice given unlike Johnson. Maybe that is why Wales today had 15 new cases the UK equivalent of 300 in the UK whilst the UK had nearly double that 580. Yet another day for nearly double the amount.

So people are testing positive but nobody is dying.

It’s at a point now where 1 person/ family test positive Can make a massive difference to the stats.

Where are all the outbreaks from the beaches, people meeting for demos, people thronging on Swansea prom, mumbles etc?

Lockdown needs to be lifted, not only for the economy and jobs but for people’s sanity.

How many people suffered/died because of the last financial crash and the loss of jobs etc?

Multiply that number by at least 3 by the end of this farce.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/106338/why-economic-crash-could-cost-more-lives-than-c
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 20:32]

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:52 - Jul 20 with 1504 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:12 - Jul 20 by exhmrc1

No ifs and no buts ....Drakeford has done an outstanding job based on the science.

Johnson - with no concentration and even less care, is trying to guess his way out of a Pandemic. The figures are there, and Cymru and Scotland are clearly leading the way.

Drakeford is following the science and Cymru will avoid a dreaded second wave.
I hope England can follow Cymru, but i doubt it.
Even today the UK govt confirmed that their ‘world beating’ trace and trace app breaches the GDPR rules and regs. Incompetent hardly describes this low standard of doing government business.

Russia Report is out tomorrow at 10:30.

Time is running out on Johnson and his government of clowns. 🤡

Tick tock ....

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:54 - Jul 20 with 1503 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:29 - Jul 20 by Andy1300

So people are testing positive but nobody is dying.

It’s at a point now where 1 person/ family test positive Can make a massive difference to the stats.

Where are all the outbreaks from the beaches, people meeting for demos, people thronging on Swansea prom, mumbles etc?

Lockdown needs to be lifted, not only for the economy and jobs but for people’s sanity.

How many people suffered/died because of the last financial crash and the loss of jobs etc?

Multiply that number by at least 3 by the end of this farce.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/106338/why-economic-crash-could-cost-more-lives-than-c
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 20:32]

Lockdown is being lifted. It is a shame you dont realise that. The vast majority of people no longer have restrictions on them. Education in Wales was brought back and we has ALL children back before England. People are now able to play most sport. Nearly all our shops are now open. Where have you been living. There are areas still to be open and nearly everything will be open in the next few weeks. The last thing we need is for anything that is done to suddenly increase the circulation of covid when in Wales we have nearly got rid of it. You only have to look elsewhere to see the problems caused by opening too early. Look at Barcelona or Melbourne as examples. Also what is currently happening in Blackburn and places like Rochdale, Pendle and Luton amongst others.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:13 - Jul 20 with 1475 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:54 - Jul 20 by exhmrc1

Lockdown is being lifted. It is a shame you dont realise that. The vast majority of people no longer have restrictions on them. Education in Wales was brought back and we has ALL children back before England. People are now able to play most sport. Nearly all our shops are now open. Where have you been living. There are areas still to be open and nearly everything will be open in the next few weeks. The last thing we need is for anything that is done to suddenly increase the circulation of covid when in Wales we have nearly got rid of it. You only have to look elsewhere to see the problems caused by opening too early. Look at Barcelona or Melbourne as examples. Also what is currently happening in Blackburn and places like Rochdale, Pendle and Luton amongst others.

The lock down is being lifted at a far slower rate in Wales than elsewhere for absolutely no good reason.

We are not going to eradicate this virus, over 60 million people live on this island, we have to live with it from now until we have a vaccine. That is what is happening in Barcelona and Melbourne, local lockdown is a way of managing this situation, these will happen here too in the future.

Leicester, Pendle, Blackburn etc are very similar south asian communities. We don't have them of anywhere near that scale in Wales, which is one reason we have fewer infections and deaths. The timing of these outbreaks could be linked to the celebration of Eid and not to the opening of businesses.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:25 - Jul 20 with 1484 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:54 - Jul 20 by exhmrc1

And what do places like Rochdale etc have in common?

Something that most of Wales doesn’t have

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:48 - Jul 20 with 1464 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:25 - Jul 20 by Andy1300

And what do places like Rochdale etc have in common?

Something that most of Wales doesn’t have

I assume you are referring to ethnic minorities but again that isnt totally accurate. Cardiff has in excess of 20% Bame there, Newport in excess of 13% and Swansea over 10%. Much of Wales has lower BAME numbers and percentages. The argument about BAME really doesnt stand up to scrutiny. Betsi Cadwalladr has the following Bame percentages.
Angelsey has virtually no ethincs living there.
Gwynedd 3.6%
Conwy 3.3%
Denbighshire 4.4%
Flintshire 1.6%
Wrexham 2.2%

That is an average of approx 3% and has higher percentages of new covid cases and deaths than the 3 Health Boards covering Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.

Cwn Taf Health Board which includes Bridgend 3.2% Rhondda Cynon Taff 2.8% and Merthyr Tydfil 2.5 % has higher rates again than Swansea Bay which includes Swansea 10.8% and Neath Port Talbot 3%.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:04 - Jul 20 with 1441 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:48 - Jul 20 by exhmrc1

I assume you are referring to ethnic minorities but again that isnt totally accurate. Cardiff has in excess of 20% Bame there, Newport in excess of 13% and Swansea over 10%. Much of Wales has lower BAME numbers and percentages. The argument about BAME really doesnt stand up to scrutiny. Betsi Cadwalladr has the following Bame percentages.
Angelsey has virtually no ethincs living there.
Gwynedd 3.6%
Conwy 3.3%
Denbighshire 4.4%
Flintshire 1.6%
Wrexham 2.2%

That is an average of approx 3% and has higher percentages of new covid cases and deaths than the 3 Health Boards covering Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.

Cwn Taf Health Board which includes Bridgend 3.2% Rhondda Cynon Taff 2.8% and Merthyr Tydfil 2.5 % has higher rates again than Swansea Bay which includes Swansea 10.8% and Neath Port Talbot 3%.

I think he means one particular ethnic minority. Do you realise all "ethnics" are not the same?

I think exhmrc has me on ignore, I wonder why?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 1446 viewsDJack

I'm really surprised (saddened) that on this thread there are a few really good posters point scoring, FFS.

Practically every expert around the globe has pointed put that comparing different regions/countries is a pointless exercise.. Way after this pandemic isover is when we (they) can start to sift through all the data and work out the lessons learned.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:04 - Jul 20 with 1433 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:31 - Jul 1 by Andy1300

This is what we should have done from the start

Uninformed ignorant nonsense.

Thank you for posting though.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:53 - Jul 21 with 1410 viewsSwanjaxs

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 20 by DJack

I'm really surprised (saddened) that on this thread there are a few really good posters point scoring, FFS.

Practically every expert around the globe has pointed put that comparing different regions/countries is a pointless exercise.. Way after this pandemic isover is when we (they) can start to sift through all the data and work out the lessons learned.

Absolutely.

Surely the best case scenario is that every aspect of this pandemic is analysed, sift out the irrelevant and press ahead with the relevant.

We have to learn from this and move forward, as one

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:08 - Jul 21 with 1348 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:18 - Jul 20 by DJack

You are wrong.

You would be totally trusting the governments like a child trusts an adult.

Be challenging and learning from others you can modify your approach and save lives.

The UK government has been a disaster on covid.
Without comparisons then feckwits like Johnson can lie and bullshite,like his bit about many countries will see the great job we have done.
He laughed at the ventilator crises as Operation Last Gasp.
He chose not to join the EU procurement when we were short of PPE kit.
He put Cummings into SAGE to bully and intimidate the science.
He put untested elderly people into care homes.
He gave out contracts to friends and relations.

The international comparison tells you how bad this idiot approach has turned out.

You cant gaslight body bags in a pandemic.
Johnson should be in jail.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:56 - Jul 21 with 1315 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:08 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

You are wrong.

Be challenging and learning from others you can modify your approach and save lives.

Without comparisons then feckwits like Johnson can lie and bullshite,like his bit about many countries will see the great job we have done.

The international comparison tells you how bad this idiot approach has turned out.

Yes the NI welsh and Scottish have been using figures to lower their rates. Criminally misleading their countrymen.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:53 - Jul 22 with 1257 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:08 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

You are wrong.

I think you’ll find that it wasn’t Boris that put people in care homes, that would be down to whoever discharged them from hospitals.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:55 - Jul 22 with 1254 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:04 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Uninformed ignorant nonsense.

Thank you for posting though.

There we are then, you really are obnoxious

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:42 - Jul 22 with 1240 viewsLeonWasGod

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:53 - Jul 22 by Andy1300

I think you’ll find that it wasn’t Boris that put people in care homes, that would be down to whoever discharged them from hospitals.

According to government guidelines. Luckily some care homes ignored the advice and took measures to protect their residents and staff otherwise the death toll would be even higher.

There’s no defending their poor handling of this.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:09 - Jul 22 with 1217 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:53 - Jul 21 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely.

Surely the best case scenario is that every aspect of this pandemic is analysed, sift out the irrelevant and press ahead with the relevant.

We have to learn from this and move forward, as one

You do realise that all the Asian Countries that went through SARS & MERS and Deng Fever etc had already "learnt the lesson" and all we had to do was prepare to follow their lead?
The government was warned 3 years ago some of what was needed and completely ignored the advice.
They have blood on their hands, their first duty is to protect the public and they failed miserably.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 10:26]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:41 - Jul 22 with 1195 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:56 - Jul 21 by felixstowe_jack

Yes the NI welsh and Scottish have been using figures to lower their rates. Criminally misleading their countrymen.

Or .....in the real world ..... doing a far better job than Boris and his useless government of clowns 🤡.

Let me help you understand.
The disease cannot move on its own.
Locking people down stops the disease.
You get lower R rates as a direct result.

If you unlock too soon, the virus is still around and will start to spread.
This will result in increased R rates and local lockdowns will follow.
This approach risks further economic damage.

Areas in lockdown always have lower R rates.
It is not sensible for you to argue otherwise.

Please give the devolved nations the credit they deserve in showing traitor Johnson how its done.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:52 - Jul 22 with 1190 viewsTreforys_Jack

No-one really knows do they, if the experts and scientists can't agree a definitive strategy what hope have we got. I would expect a uniformed response though from all home nations at the very least, what we have had is a complete clusterfeck. I believe Johnson should be in a court of law for negligence at the very least. He is a clown and buffoon of the highest order.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024