Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 125494 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 1142 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:51 - Jul 24 by Scotia

They have enough of their own. They have no need to buy it from us so why would they?

Why do they take welsh water every day then dumbo ?

243 billion litres of water is annually exported from Wales, but our communities see no benefit. Severn Trent Water, who own many reservoirs in mid Wales, sell Welsh water and make a £1bn a year profit. None of this profit returns to Wales

Now if you dont care about that, are you even Welsh ?
Its simply unfair.
This money should be used on schools, hospitals and roads in Cymru.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:07 - Jul 24 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:15 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Ah, the abuse I have to keep coming back on here for the entertainment you provide

You are the dullest of the dull. 🏆

I guess you thought education was for other people ..?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 24 with 1132 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:07 - Jul 24 by Highjack

What is it’s true worth? You’re sounding like a bit of an oil prospector here Kilky. Are you suggesting we switch from a system that keeps the price of water as low as possible for a good and efficient service that benefits everyone to one that squeezes every penny out of consumers for the benefit of a few suits sitting on a board?

I always knew you were a closet capitalist.

Thats actually a fair point.

I just think Wales needs to charge a fair market rate.
Westminster gives us nothing, so we have to take our more obvious opportunities.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 1120 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:04 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

243 billion litres of water is annually exported from Wales, but our communities see no benefit. Severn Trent Water, who own many reservoirs in mid Wales, sell Welsh water and make a £1bn a year profit. None of this profit returns to Wales

Its simply unfair.

Thanks for the insult. I'm obviously getting to you and it's quite funny.

So, we have an independent Wales. Our economic strategy is to sell water to England. Water that is plentiful in the North and south west of England. But we expect England to pay over market value for ours? Why would they, especially outside of the short term?

Baring in mind that substantial abstractions you consider to be "welsh" come from the Severn which flows in part through England.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:36 - Jul 24 with 1114 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:07 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

You are the dullest of the dull. 🏆

I guess you thought education was for other people ..?

My education gave me a great lifestyle, continuous employment for 44 years.

And now enjoying the fruits of that Labour.

How about you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:38 - Jul 24 with 1121 viewsTreforys_Jack

Its simply unfair.

Dumbo !!!!!!! This boards insults have certainly ramped up...………...
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:55 - Jul 24 with 1091 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:36 - Jul 24 by raynor94

My education gave me a great lifestyle, continuous employment for 44 years.

And now enjoying the fruits of that Labour.

How about you?

Well i am not a silly old fecker like you, so thats a positive.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:59 - Jul 24 with 1088 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Scotia

So, we have an independent Wales. Our economic strategy is to sell water to England. Water that is plentiful in the North and south west of England. But we expect England to pay over market value for ours? Why would they, especially outside of the short term?

Baring in mind that substantial abstractions you consider to be "welsh" come from the Severn which flows in part through England.

Above market rate ?

Nobody has said that.

You make things up and then shout at yourself.
You are Donald J Trump and i claim my £10.
(J for genius obviously)

Why do you think they take all that water each day then if they don't need it ?
Life must be one big puzzle for you.

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:56 - Jul 25 with 1064 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:55 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

Well i am not a silly old fecker like you, so thats a positive.

A silly old fecker who worked and paid taxes, do you?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:39 - Jul 25 with 1068 viewsDJack

I think that we all know that I'm not averse to getting involved in a pointless argument on the boards but, seriously, you guys are digging that deep you are going to end up on Bondi Beach.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:12 - Jul 25 with 1029 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:59 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

Above market rate ?

Nobody has said that.

You make things up and then shout at yourself.
You are Donald J Trump and i claim my £10.
(J for genius obviously)

Why do you think they take all that water each day then if they don't need it ?
Life must be one big puzzle for you.

Because that is what the current infrastructure is set up to do.

The English have plenty of alternatives. Unless we are going to harness the rain to ensure it only falls on Wales and then dam any cross border rivers we aren't going to get far.

If we try to dam the Severn that wall in Llanrhystud would need to say Cofiwch Powys a Ceredigion.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 7:18]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:32 - Jul 25 with 1022 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

How do you feel about US corporates paying no tax in UK, rich people like Moggs company paying no tax, and disaster capitalists awaiting the chaos of the no deal Brexit they have tasked Johnson with delivering ? You should be fecking raging !!

They are not paying their fair share for roads, schools, hospitals, and the armed forces.
They are greedy multi millionaires.

Instead you take the bait ...and go after the poor sods who cant find a job and get just about enough to live on.

Wake the feck up, you dull fecker.

People like you are a stain on society.

Expecting handouts for doing nowt, it’s a shame our once great country has allowed lazy people to get away with it.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 996 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:32 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

People like you are a stain on society.

Expecting handouts for doing nowt, it’s a shame our once great country has allowed lazy people to get away with it.

People like the Tory party supporters are a stain on society.

Avoiding paying their taxes due by ‘clever’ schemes, loop holes, and worse, it’s a shame our once great country (sic) has allowed greedy people to get away with it.

See i fixed it for you.

Rich people should want to contribute to schools, hospitals, roads and security.
They have personal greed above compassion for others. Shame on them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:36 - Jul 25 with 995 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:56 - Jul 25 by raynor94

A silly old fecker who worked and paid taxes, do you?

At least we are agreed that you are a silly old fecker.

Does the modern world feel Increasingly uncomfortable ?
I might suggest you give the internet a miss, i don't think its for you.

Oh yes - i work and pay taxes.
Its truly amazing that you are not the only one, isn’t it ?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 994 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:12 - Jul 25 by Scotia

Because that is what the current infrastructure is set up to do.

The English have plenty of alternatives. Unless we are going to harness the rain to ensure it only falls on Wales and then dam any cross border rivers we aren't going to get far.

If we try to dam the Severn that wall in Llanrhystud would need to say Cofiwch Powys a Ceredigion.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 7:18]

I am guessing that you do understand that the ‘infrastructure’ did not just appear over night ?

Options would have been looked at and investment made.
I think its safe to say it was Englands informed choice.
Not other locations.

Nothing wrong with a currently poor nation asking for a fair market price. Thats fair trade.
Using your logic, the Arab nations should not ask for the fair market price for their oil... ?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:05 - Jul 25 with 982 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:41 - Jul 25 by Kilkennyjack

I am guessing that you do understand that the ‘infrastructure’ did not just appear over night ?

Options would have been looked at and investment made.
I think its safe to say it was Englands informed choice.
Not other locations.

Nothing wrong with a currently poor nation asking for a fair market price. Thats fair trade.
Using your logic, the Arab nations should not ask for the fair market price for their oil... ?

You do realise that infrastructure doesn't last forever, much of it is 200 years old now. What would England do when it needs to be replaced?

Pay for it in a different country or look for their own options?

Or would Dcww replace it and charge the English?

Either way the idea of selling water to a country that has lots of water is absolutely ludicrous.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:34 - Jul 25 with 969 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:36 - Jul 25 by Kilkennyjack

At least we are agreed that you are a silly old fecker.

Does the modern world feel Increasingly uncomfortable ?
I might suggest you give the internet a miss, i don't think its for you.

Oh yes - i work and pay taxes.
Its truly amazing that you are not the only one, isn’t it ?

Of course you do......

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:22 - Jul 25 with 966 viewsbuilthjack

Going back to the original thread, there have been more new cases in Powys in the last 2 days, than there has been in the last month.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:20 - Jul 25 with 957 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:22 - Jul 25 by builthjack

Going back to the original thread, there have been more new cases in Powys in the last 2 days, than there has been in the last month.

That is quite worrying and is happening elsewhere as well. It is also a worry they may have opened up too early although some on here would have happily removed lockdown and the stay local rule earlier and we would have had a huge increase, With Powys it is difficult to know where the cases are. It could be North Powys and the effect of the Wrexham factory. It could also be related to the farm in Herefordshire.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:21 - Jul 25 with 932 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:22 - Jul 25 by builthjack

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, don't forget they are doing an awful lot of targeted tests to actually find the virus.
The chances are the majority of cases are now being found whereas a month or so ago most probably weren't being picked up.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:52 - Jul 25 with 920 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:21 - Jul 25 by Scotia

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, don't forget they are doing an awful lot of targeted tests to actually find the virus.
The chances are the majority of cases are now being found whereas a month or so ago most probably weren't being picked up.

Correct, the more tests they do, the more positive cases they find, also, the more positive cases they find, the lower the death rate becomes as a percentage, so let them go and find many more positive cases, then we will really see the virus for what it is, not as bad to most of us Unlike what people are making it out to be.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:23 - Jul 25 with 905 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:52 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

Correct, the more tests they do, the more positive cases they find, also, the more positive cases they find, the lower the death rate becomes as a percentage, so let them go and find many more positive cases, then we will really see the virus for what it is, not as bad to most of us Unlike what people are making it out to be.

The problem is that the results from the English labs are often days out of date so you dont get a true reflection. The figures for home tests today show 2 were actually taken on 21 July and 6 on 22 July. The figures from the other from English Labs shows 4 on 22 July and 2 on 23 July. The 9 in hospitals using Welsh labs were all from 23 July.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:35 - Jul 25 with 872 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Its simply unfair.

Why do you lie? Severn trent turnover is only £1.6 billion they don't make anywhere near £1 billion profit a year let alone £1 billion from selling Welsh water. They get less than a third of their water from Wales so even using your figures the most they could make from selling water they get from Wales would be £183 millions based on their profit of £550 million last year.

They dont even get the water from Wales Wales free. They have built the dams , pay to maintain dams, pumping station, mains network.
They even pay an abstraction fee to Wales for every litre they use.
Why don't you tell the truth rather than spreading lies in the hope that gullible people will believe them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:38 - Jul 25 with 867 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Scotia

Just hope the English charge a proper rate for the food they export to Wales. Wales inputs wheat, vegetable, fruit as the damp cold weather and hilly uplands cannot provide these basic foods in sufficient quantities.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:40 - Jul 25 with 866 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:11 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

Thats actually a fair point.

I just think Wales needs to charge a fair market rate.
Westminster gives us nothing, so we have to take our more obvious opportunities.

But that would also pump up the price for welsh consumers. Unless you’re suggesting applying tariffs when the water crosses the border?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024