Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 122445 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:38 - Jul 29 with 1068 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:51 - Jul 29 by Catullus

Prof, if the Eu changed it's course, if it went back to being a trading bloc with seperate institutions set up to co-operate on science, law and order, education, health etc but no political aspirations, no single currency, no suptantional government setting rules for all. We could agree on free trade with each other but negotiate our own deals with other countries.

That I could vote yes to joining.

There is just too much wrong with the EU and all the signs are they want to push in the opposite direction to where I'd want to go, Federalism for example, they are clearly pushing in that direction. The single currency is a mess, it works for Germany and France I guess.
Like you, I don't see how cutting back on science funding right now makes any sense, they need more if anything. More to help find a vaccine for covid, more so they can find a way to reverse climate change...

Did I detect some mirth in that last line?

This is what happens when you ease the lockdown and stupid people act stupidly.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8572061/Coronavirus-outbreak-pub-200-dr

Between 16th-18th of July they cowded in to the Beer Garden and now 10 of them test positive.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:50 - Jul 29 with 1052 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:38 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8572061/Coronavirus-outbreak-pub-200-dr

Between 16th-18th of July they cowded in to the Beer Garden and now 10 of them test positive.

It’s not ‘easing the lockdown’ it’s a business clearly contravening rules put in place.

As has happened all over the country since the very start. Hence all the cases in RCT, certain parts of Swansea, Cardiff, and every town and city all over England as well.

The pub should have their licence revoked. Simple as that. Bankrupt them. Profiteering idiots.

And the idiot who is in the Mail saying ‘my friends son went there on Saturday night and had symptoms on Sunday’ was one of the morons spreading it, not catching it there. People are so stupid it’s painful.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Jul 29 with 1051 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:50 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

It’s not ‘easing the lockdown’ it’s a business clearly contravening rules put in place.

As has happened all over the country since the very start. Hence all the cases in RCT, certain parts of Swansea, Cardiff, and every town and city all over England as well.

The pub should have their licence revoked. Simple as that. Bankrupt them. Profiteering idiots.

And the idiot who is in the Mail saying ‘my friends son went there on Saturday night and had symptoms on Sunday’ was one of the morons spreading it, not catching it there. People are so stupid it’s painful.

Young and Stupid, might get ill.
Middle aged and stupid may get very ill and possibly die.
Old and stupid quite likey to get very ill and die.
You can see why the youngsters don't care, but the rest of them are really taking a chance.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:35 - Jul 29 with 1034 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Young and Stupid, might get ill.
Middle aged and stupid may get very ill and possibly die.
Old and stupid quite likey to get very ill and die.
You can see why the youngsters don't care, but the rest of them are really taking a chance.

They are. It’s ridiculous.

Firstly the business should be shut down. But also there seems to be an enormous percentage of the population with absolutely no ability to take personal responsibility.

I don’t need the government to tell me to avoid crowded places. Same as I don’t need them to tell me not to jump off a cliff or to avoid drinking bleach.

I have no idea what’s the matter with people.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:54 - Jul 29 with 1021 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:35 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Firstly the business should be shut down. But also there seems to be an enormous percentage of the population with absolutely no ability to take personal responsibility.

I don’t need the government to tell me to avoid crowded places. Same as I don’t need them to tell me not to jump off a cliff or to avoid drinking bleach.

This is definitely a problem, the "lockdown" rules are being so lightly enforced (if at all) in many places it is almost back to normal.

We can live with this virus if we stick to the rules, if we don't then we are heading for another lockdown.

My gym are being very sensible, limited class numbers, at least 2m apart with individual equipment that is thoroughly cleaned. The gym 200 yds away have about 50 people in an area smaller than a tennis court sharing equipment. It is bonkers. Especially when the social media posts of that gym's activities are liked by high profile people in the area.

Some form of enforcement is essential.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 1024 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:38 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

No Prof, no mirth. I meant it. If there is any mirth in it, it's the ridiculous situation they are in whereby farming policy is actually adding to climate damage by use of pesticides leaching into the water. Not that it's funny either!

The BBC website has an article, the headline is 'Young people may be driving Europe virus spike''

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53577222

All through this (around us in Skewen) I have seen young people breaking the rules. Congregating on a local playing field, walking close togtehr in groups of 7/8 and since the shops opened rushing in, not sanitising hands or wiping the handles down, not wearing masks. Then pubs opened and after a few pints, well most of us knew what would happen. Then we had the football back and when Leeds won the Championship and of course Liverpool, we saw thousands crowding together. Lets not forget the BLM marches either. It was mostly young people.
As a general rule I rend to say people are stupid,no matter how intelligent or educated, everyone has the capability to be stupid. Myself included obviously!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:12 - Jul 29 with 1008 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:47 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

You appear to have no clue what I was referring to.

I’m talking about the recording of deaths - it hasn’t cost any lives.

Wales, as an example, only records a death as Covid if the person has tested positive within the previous 28 days. Scotland does the same.England records as Covid if the person tested positive at any time.

PHE are reporting as Covid deaths people who have not had Covid stated on the death certificate but who may have tested positive in March or April. That’s what is making the ‘daily death’ figures ridiculous at this point. As old people die every single day, in every single year.

If Covid was tested within a care home back in April or May, or even June and 70% (say) of the people infected recovered, but then some died last week of other causes, do you think they are Covid deaths or not?

If it was the other way round, I have absolutely no doubt that you would claim that Wales was being far more prudent and was correct and England was under reporting deaths.

So ....you don't believe that the accurate recording of deaths in a pandemic matters...?

Most experts might disagree as it informs public health policy and therefore saves other/future lives.

You are quite wrong to downplay the importance.

Johnson fails again 🤡.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:25 - Jul 29 with 1004 viewschad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:35 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Oi I have jumped off a cliff.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:29 - Jul 29 with 998 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This does not look too good for the wrexham area.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8572617/Covid-cases-Wrexham-hospital-DO

Is this related to the factory cases?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:41 - Jul 29 with 985 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:29 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

This does not look too good for the wrexham area.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8572617/Covid-cases-Wrexham-hospital-DO

Is this related to the factory cases?

Initially yes but there has been spread within the hospital apparently and there are cases spreading in the community as well. It has been ongoing for several weeks. The last week 43% of the cases in Wales have been in Wrexham or Flintshire. The rest of Wales has really low figures. Yesterday there were 6 cases in all of South Wales. Today there were 9.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:45 - Jul 29 with 960 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:12 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

So ....you don't believe that the accurate recording of deaths in a pandemic matters...?

Most experts might disagree as it informs public health policy and therefore saves other/future lives.

Johnson fails again 🤡.

Wales isn’t reporting correctly. England isn’t. They are just doing it differently. As has been said, a blanket approach will be wrong both ways. Wales is understating, England overstating.

If it was the other way round, you’d say Wales was right to be more cautious.

In the event of Wales achieving independence at some point, I genuinely hope the people leading it are not all as myopic as you.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:30 - Jul 29 with 933 viewsCatullus

Looking at the online news Bojo and NHS managers seem to think we'll have our own second wave in 2/3 weeks.

We still need to be careful. That woman off the Apprentice was shouting that people needed to get back to work so we don't trash the economy, thinking about money first. That's why the world is in such a shitty state.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:54 - Jul 29 with 929 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:30 - Jul 29 by Catullus

Looking at the online news Bojo and NHS managers seem to think we'll have our own second wave in 2/3 weeks.

We still need to be careful. That woman off the Apprentice was shouting that people needed to get back to work so we don't trash the economy, thinking about money first. That's why the world is in such a shitty state.

It’s not just money, it’s peoples sanity, well being and jobs.

It’s terrible that people are dying, many would have anyway, the people who are losing jobs, may well lose homes, relationships and lives

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:58 - Jul 29 with 901 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:54 - Jul 29 by Scotia

This is definitely a problem, the "lockdown" rules are being so lightly enforced (if at all) in many places it is almost back to normal.

We can live with this virus if we stick to the rules, if we don't then we are heading for another lockdown.

My gym are being very sensible, limited class numbers, at least 2m apart with individual equipment that is thoroughly cleaned. The gym 200 yds away have about 50 people in an area smaller than a tennis court sharing equipment. It is bonkers. Especially when the social media posts of that gym's activities are liked by high profile people in the area.

Some form of enforcement is essential.

A lot of the enforcement is the responsibility of the licensing officials from the local authority, typically people who work Monday to Friday 9 to 5. Pubs like the one featured by the Daily Msil, the gym you mentioned should be hammered and their owners taken to Court.

None of us want to see people lose their livelihoods, businesses crash and burn or people lose their lives. Responsible behaviour will enable businesses to reopen, given people confidence to go out, spend money etc and allow people to age steps to safe guard their well being.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:32 - Jul 29 with 894 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:12 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson fails again 🤡.

Only to an extent. We don’t need to argue over 150 or 160’cases. What is needed is accuracy in measuring trends, defining hotspots and being able to determine rise or fall in numbers. Precision can come later.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:08 - Jul 30 with 841 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:32 - Jul 29 by Professor

Only to an extent. We don’t need to argue over 150 or 160’cases. What is needed is accuracy in measuring trends, defining hotspots and being able to determine rise or fall in numbers. Precision can come later.

Well yes, obviously, but Wales had just 32 new cases yesterday.

So as the numbers go down, then understanding the information to a level of detail is still quite useful.

Banks understand millions of customers moving millions of transactions real time, 24*7*365.

We should expect far better when peoples lives are at stake. Its a very reasonable expectation.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:02 - Jul 30 with 833 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:08 - Jul 30 by Kilkennyjack

So as the numbers go down, then understanding the information to a level of detail is still quite useful.

Banks understand millions of customers moving millions of transactions real time, 24*7*365.

We should expect far better when peoples lives are at stake. Its a very reasonable expectation.

Unfortunately microbes don’t tend to leave an electronic record like a transaction. There are many steps all with confounders, all with variability that can’t be controlled. Fast and reliable is better than absolute precision
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:53 - Jul 30 with 815 viewsonehunglow

If you have a lockdown-enforce it ,otherwise it isn't one.
For govt to believe our twa'ts will act sensible is to stretch even my imagination to oblivion.
We don't want to wear a mask and there is no shop that will challenged that so they don't-if they don't want to.

It's this attitude that is killing us -literally.

Unless we start to truly front up to this virus curse ,we will see far worse suffering but then,if it happens to the young bloods,they might just think twice before gathering a they do to chill out ,get pissed and celebrate .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 808 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:08 - Jul 30 by Kilkennyjack

The reporting discrepancy isn’t cases, it’s where the cut off is when recording a death as Covid or otherwise.

In Wales it’s 28 days. In England there is no cut off.

If someone tested positive for Covid in May and died this week of heart failure, Wales would not record it as a Covid death and England would.

If it was the other way round, you would argue that Wales was being more prudent.

Your reference to bank transactions shows you don’t understand the issue. You’re just arguing England is wrong for the sake of it.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 800 viewsonehunglow

Wales/England.It makes no difference.
It's about attittude and personal repsonsiblity.

It i as lacking in Wales as it is in England.

Why,at this time,are we looking at matters through a nationalistic perspective.

The United Kingdom has the problem and the UK government has the ultimate mandate,like it or not.

I see both sides as the countries are very close to each other

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:42 - Jul 30 with 796 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:10 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

The reporting discrepancy isn’t cases, it’s where the cut off is when recording a death as Covid or otherwise.

In Wales it’s 28 days. In England there is no cut off.

If someone tested positive for Covid in May and died this week of heart failure, Wales would not record it as a Covid death and England would.

If it was the other way round, you would argue that Wales was being more prudent.

Your reference to bank transactions shows you don’t understand the issue. You’re just arguing England is wrong for the sake of it.

You are arguing that you know what i think.

Your lack of self awareness is really quite astounding.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:47 - Jul 30 with 793 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:42 - Jul 30 by Kilkennyjack

You are arguing that you know what i think.

Your lack of self awareness is really quite astounding.

Your comments demonstrate quite clearly what you think.

Wales is right, England is wrong.

Even when you have no idea what people are talking about.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:51 - Jul 30 with 793 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:02 - Jul 30 by Professor

Unfortunately microbes don’t tend to leave an electronic record like a transaction. There are many steps all with confounders, all with variability that can’t be controlled. Fast and reliable is better than absolute precision

Well cash does not have an electronic imprint either but humans - you know - create a system where they can record stuff accurately and refer to it later to inform decisions.

GCSE computing will tell you to record data at source and to provide information at the point of need.

Medical people waiting for microbes to become electronic (sic) are in for a lot of guess work.And meanwhile people will get infected.

We need to up our expectations of these people - and not allow a near black and white 1950’s view of the world to prevail. And they should welcome that challenge.

Dont bury your head in the sand.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 791 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:47 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

Your comments demonstrate quite clearly what you think.

Wales is right, England is wrong.

Even when you have no idea what people are talking about.

Your comments reveal that you believe that you know what other people think.

You are looking a bit silly tbh.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 789 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:51 - Jul 30 by Kilkennyjack

Well cash does not have an electronic imprint either but humans - you know - create a system where they can record stuff accurately and refer to it later to inform decisions.

GCSE computing will tell you to record data at source and to provide information at the point of need.

Medical people waiting for microbes to become electronic (sic) are in for a lot of guess work.And meanwhile people will get infected.

We need to up our expectations of these people - and not allow a near black and white 1950’s view of the world to prevail. And they should welcome that challenge.

Dont bury your head in the sand.

Lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024