Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126598 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:50 - Jul 31 with 1041 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:26 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

What has caused it then ?

Without ‘opening‘ then this does not happen ? Or does it ?

Do watch or read the news?

Most new cases are in Muslim communities in the North of England, they tend to live in large multi generation households. If one such household meets another there could be as many as 20 people in a small terraced house. Today marks the start of Eid, the most important festival in Islam when families gather together.

The restrictions were imposed from midnight. Do you think that is a coincidence?

Wales has nowhere near the scale of Muslim communities seem in that area.

We could have exactly the same problem caused by Christmas.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:01 - Jul 31 with 1038 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:27 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Lisa - please take note.

Wales is doing well, well done Professor Drakers.

Wales is not doing well in comparison to most other countries in Europe. I think only Belgium and Spain have worse stats than us (besides the UK obviously, in the UK we have done ok) so saying we've done well is wrong. Being better than England is hardly a great accolade. Unless you are purely trying to points score against the English I guess.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:30 - Jul 31 with 1028 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:27 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Lisa - please take note.

Wales is doing well, well done Professor Drakers.

So your considered response to a spike in cases in the Muslim population of the North West is that it’s caused by the pubs being open?

Thick as mince, fair play.

As at yesterday, btw, Wales has a 7 day average per 100,000 of 7.5 cases. Worse than London, the South East of England, South West of England, north East of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Better than the North West of England, Yorkshire, and the West and East Midlands.

Overall, Wales’ infection rate is 549 and England is 465.

The Johnson government is inept and useless. And Drakeford is doing even worse. And the idiots applaud.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:32 - Jul 31 with 1026 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:01 - Jul 31 by Catullus

Wales is not doing well in comparison to most other countries in Europe. I think only Belgium and Spain have worse stats than us (besides the UK obviously, in the UK we have done ok) so saying we've done well is wrong. Being better than England is hardly a great accolade. Unless you are purely trying to points score against the English I guess.

His entire focus is point scoring against the English.

It’s almost unbelievable.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:47 - Jul 31 with 1016 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:32 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

His entire focus is point scoring against the English.

It’s almost unbelievable.

It is baffling. It's as if pointing out the failings of the Welsh government makes you a member of the Bullingdon club and the enemy.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 1012 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:47 - Jul 31 by Scotia

It is baffling. It's as if pointing out the failings of the Welsh government makes you a member of the Bullingdon club and the enemy.

Quite. I mean the most cursory look at my posts from the election will show I detest Johnson and his merry band of substandard idiots. But any criticism of Drakeford is spun to sound as though I’m a massive Johnson fan.

People can’t seem to understand that it’s possible to think both are useless.

The relaxations planned for tomorrow have been put on hold now for 2 weeks, I imagine to make sure these localised outbreaks aren’t given the chance to seed more widely. That seems sensible. As is the increased number of places where masks should be worn. I don’t quite get the mask position in Wales. Although face coverings don’t protect the wearer, they seem to provide definite protection to others, so everyone wearing one must help. Not sure what Wales is standing apart on that, other than for the sake of standing apart.

The bit some people seem to fail to understand, is that if we end up with a more general lockdown again, at least businesses in England have had a few weeks of income. And people have had a few weeks of a more normal existence before everything gets crap again.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Jul 31 with 1012 viewsLohengrin

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:13 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Quite. I mean the most cursory look at my posts from the election will show I detest Johnson and his merry band of substandard idiots. But any criticism of Drakeford is spun to sound as though I’m a massive Johnson fan.

The relaxations planned for tomorrow have been put on hold now for 2 weeks, I imagine to make sure these localised outbreaks aren’t given the chance to seed more widely. That seems sensible. As is the increased number of places where masks should be worn. I don’t quite get the mask position in Wales. Although face coverings don’t protect the wearer, they seem to provide definite protection to others, so everyone wearing one must help. Not sure what Wales is standing apart on that, other than for the sake of standing apart.

The bit some people seem to fail to understand, is that if we end up with a more general lockdown again, at least businesses in England have had a few weeks of income. And people have had a few weeks of a more normal existence before everything gets crap again.

” People can’t seem to understand that it’s possible to think both are useless.”

There may be exceptions to the general rule I’ve yet to encounter but aren’t all western politicians hopelessly out of their depth faced with his pandemic?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:27 - Jul 31 with 997 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

” People can’t seem to understand that it’s possible to think both are useless.”

There may be exceptions to the general rule I’ve yet to encounter but aren’t all western politicians hopelessly out of their depth faced with his pandemic?

If scientists disagree, what hope had politicians got?
All that dippy and wee jimmy are doing is for the sake of being different to England

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:29 - Jul 31 with 994 viewslondonlisa2001

The vast majority, yes.

I mean some have an easier job - it’s not fair to compare NZ to the UK for example, although they’ve done well on the face of it.

As much as Johnson is an arse, the UK is exceptionally connected and was always going to suffer. The care homes and testing are the scandals here, no one knew how far the cases had spread because our early testing was awful.

It’s also not over, so the countries that looked outliers (Sweden) at the moment look far better than surrounding countries and may end up looking ok.

One thing this has emphasised - we are a very unhealthy country as a whole. That needs to be addressed.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 981 viewsScotia

I think some have done quite well, although under different circumstances. Sturgeon, Foster, Ardfern and Merkel particularly. Perhaps it's a female thing.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 977 viewsScotia

My sentiments exactly.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 980 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:47 - Jul 31 by Scotia

I think some have done quite well, although under different circumstances. Sturgeon, Foster, Ardfern and Merkel particularly. Perhaps it's a female thing.

Yes viruses always prefer to target people in countries run by men.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:56 - Jul 31 with 979 viewsLohengrin

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:29 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

The vast majority, yes.

I mean some have an easier job - it’s not fair to compare NZ to the UK for example, although they’ve done well on the face of it.

As much as Johnson is an arse, the UK is exceptionally connected and was always going to suffer. The care homes and testing are the scandals here, no one knew how far the cases had spread because our early testing was awful.

It’s also not over, so the countries that looked outliers (Sweden) at the moment look far better than surrounding countries and may end up looking ok.

One thing this has emphasised - we are a very unhealthy country as a whole. That needs to be addressed.

Addressed as a matter of extreme urgency at that. A pal of mine is a PE teacher and he was telling me it’s quite incredible how physically unfit some of his charges are compared to how we were back in the early ‘80s, Lis. This is one of those instances where you really do have to blame the parents...

Incidentally I’ve been taking part in the Oxford University COVID research programme for the past five weeks. A chap comes to the house and takes samples then they send me M & S vouchers, which is rather decent of them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:24 - Jul 31 with 964 viewsProfessor

Scotland has not done well. Sturgeon has just handled the PR side
Much better
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 943 viewslondonlisa2001

I disagree on Sturgeon.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:59 - Jul 31 with 942 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:56 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

Addressed as a matter of extreme urgency at that. A pal of mine is a PE teacher and he was telling me it’s quite incredible how physically unfit some of his charges are compared to how we were back in the early ‘80s, Lis. This is one of those instances where you really do have to blame the parents...

Incidentally I’ve been taking part in the Oxford University COVID research programme for the past five weeks. A chap comes to the house and takes samples then they send me M & S vouchers, which is rather decent of them.

If it was a lesser university they wouldn’t be M&S...
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 941 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:24 - Jul 31 by Professor

Scotland has not done well. Sturgeon has just handled the PR side
Much better

Sorry, didn’t see this before I repeated you...

At the outset, Sturgeon really cocked up on that conference superspreader incident.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:11 - Jul 31 with 938 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:01 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Sorry, didn’t see this before I repeated you...

At the outset, Sturgeon really cocked up on that conference superspreader incident.

No worries. She has been more effective in suppressing dissent as well (details of which I cannot post here.). By clear communication and waving the saltaire she has got away with it. Arlene Foster sensibly looked towards Dublin as well as London. Of the four she has been the best,’lowest profile and had the best results. Never thought I would praise the DUP.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 928 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:59 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

If it was a lesser university they wouldn’t be M&S...

We would support local business- so ‘Home Bargains’ it would be. Or ‘Home and Bargains’ the original name and still widely used here.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 911 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:20 - Jul 31 by Professor

We would support local business- so ‘Home Bargains’ it would be. Or ‘Home and Bargains’ the original name and still widely used here.

I couldn’t possibly comment...

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:09 - Jul 31 with 900 viewsFieryJack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:11 - Jul 31 by Professor

No worries. She has been more effective in suppressing dissent as well (details of which I cannot post here.). By clear communication and waving the saltaire she has got away with it. Arlene Foster sensibly looked towards Dublin as well as London. Of the four she has been the best,’lowest profile and had the best results. Never thought I would praise the DUP.

"waving the saltaire"!!

I think the word you're looking for, Professor, is "saltire".

I sincerely hope so, because my better half lives in Saltaire, and if Sturgeon starting shaking the place about the people there would think an earthquake had hit them. My girlfriend, on the other hand, would be more concerned about her hair getting messed up 😂
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:32 - Jul 31 with 879 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:09 - Jul 31 by FieryJack

"waving the saltaire"!!

I think the word you're looking for, Professor, is "saltire".

I sincerely hope so, because my better half lives in Saltaire, and if Sturgeon starting shaking the place about the people there would think an earthquake had hit them. My girlfriend, on the other hand, would be more concerned about her hair getting messed up 😂

You are right. Bizarrely I was thinking of the similarity to Salt’s model town and the flag which may explain my error. Never been there but have to Bournville and we have the Lever’s equivalents in Port Sunlight (for the factory staff) and Thornton Hough ( for the estate staff) close by.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 16:45]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:33 - Jul 31 with 879 viewsCatullus

I was very critical ofCorbyn and several on here took that to be proof I was a massive Tory supporter, even though I was also critical of Bojo, well mots politicans really, whaichever party they infest.

Myself and my wife, we wear face masks if we go to a shop. I'm supposed to be shielding but she was in for an operation a few weeks back and I had to go shopping and to the chemist. I got some strange looks for wearing the mask, mind you they got a strange look back from me!

A later post about fitness, I totally agree. Kids have become too sedentary and they were before the virus. We need to get kids active again. When I was 11 (my sons age) I was always out playing. Football, in the woods, running around, on my bike and even walking my dog around the cliff path. It was 1978 and I had more freedom than kids get today. Evetyone knew me where I lived (Mumbles) and it felt very safe. I could be out all day without speaking to any family member, with no concerns, imagine that today!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:55 - Jul 31 with 874 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:58 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

I disagree on Sturgeon.

I disagree with you disagreeing.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:11 - Jul 31 with 868 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:29 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

The vast majority, yes.

Whilst well connected it was arguably easier for the U.K. to contain and defeat this as an island. Instead people we walking through borders with no checks or need to quarantine for months on end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024