Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan fall under administration 12:47 - Jul 1 with 9109 viewsTimTtam

https://news.sky.com/story/wigan-athletic-football-club-goes-into-administration

Terrible news. Yet another club is in danger of folding. And if they survive as expected, there's the 12-point deduction. If it's enforced this season then Wigan will be 24th and 4 points from safety.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Wigan fall under administration on 13:04 - Jul 1 with 6967 viewsHighjack

This will be us soon unless we manage to shift Ayew and our absentee owners.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wigan fall under administration on 13:11 - Jul 1 with 6956 viewsTimTtam

Wigan fall under administration on 13:04 - Jul 1 by Highjack

This will be us soon unless we manage to shift Ayew and our absentee owners.

We're no where near that bad financially. The 'black hole' should be mostly filled, and high earners will be gone at the end of the season, as well as player sales.

Had we taken the Stoke path of trying to buy promotion, we would've been screwed.

My name is Matt

Wigan fall under administration on 13:18 - Jul 1 with 6933 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They won't be the only club this season, just about every club in the championship is in debt. Currently they spend 125% of turnover on wages. Nothing but madness.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wigan fall under administration on 13:26 - Jul 1 with 6914 viewsHighjack

What are the odds of Pinocchio Jenkins buying it out and immediately employing Graeme Jones and signing Emnes and Adomah?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Wigan fall under administration on 13:29 - Jul 1 with 6905 viewsVincent_Vega

Wigan fall under administration on 13:26 - Jul 1 by Highjack

What are the odds of Pinocchio Jenkins buying it out and immediately employing Graeme Jones and signing Emnes and Adomah?

The first of many, our time will come. Unfortunately

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Wigan fall under administration on 14:36 - Jul 1 with 6824 viewslondonlisa2001

Wigan fall under administration on 13:11 - Jul 1 by TimTtam

We're no where near that bad financially. The 'black hole' should be mostly filled, and high earners will be gone at the end of the season, as well as player sales.

Had we taken the Stoke path of trying to buy promotion, we would've been screwed.

Ayew has another season.

And your optimism doesn’t appear to have any basis in fact.

The black hole has been made completely different for all clubs by the lockdown. Which will continue into next season. With no income, hardly any clubs are safe.

Stoke are one of those ironically where they are in no danger because of their owner.
Wigan fall under administration on 14:46 - Jul 1 with 6799 viewsTimTtam

Wigan fall under administration on 14:36 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Ayew has another season.

And your optimism doesn’t appear to have any basis in fact.

The black hole has been made completely different for all clubs by the lockdown. Which will continue into next season. With no income, hardly any clubs are safe.

Stoke are one of those ironically where they are in no danger because of their owner.

I can't see Ayew staying in the Championship. Imo he's done well enough to get a few offers.

As for the other high earners, they will either leave the club or have their original contract expiring. Wages are guaranteed to drop.

Coronavirus does make things less stable, but all clubs will suffer similar consequences. And there are quite a few clubs in a worse situation than us. As incompetent as the EFL are, they're not going to let half the division fold.

My name is Matt

Wigan fall under administration on 15:14 - Jul 1 with 6770 viewsHighjack

Wigan fall under administration on 14:46 - Jul 1 by TimTtam

I can't see Ayew staying in the Championship. Imo he's done well enough to get a few offers.

As for the other high earners, they will either leave the club or have their original contract expiring. Wages are guaranteed to drop.

Coronavirus does make things less stable, but all clubs will suffer similar consequences. And there are quite a few clubs in a worse situation than us. As incompetent as the EFL are, they're not going to let half the division fold.

Nobody in their right mind would sign him on the sort of wage he’s on now though. Only Huw Jenkins would and unfortunately he’s not haphazardly destroying a football club with his megalomaniac ways at the moment.

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan fall under administration on 15:22 - Jul 1 with 6753 viewsProfessor

According to Radio5L as many as 70 professional clubs are under threat of administration in the EFL and National leagues. Or in other words most clubs. I suspect we are in there
Wigan fall under administration on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 6747 viewslondonlisa2001

I can’t see a single club being prepared to pay him what he’s on here. Not one. Because he’s not worth anywhere near what’s he’s on here.

So it’s us that will have to make up the shortfall.

And, I’m afraid, that exactly the way it’s going at the moment. Only it’s more than half. The only way of avoiding it is breaking the player power.
Wigan fall under administration on 15:28 - Jul 1 with 6746 viewslondonlisa2001

Wigan fall under administration on 15:22 - Jul 1 by Professor

According to Radio5L as many as 70 professional clubs are under threat of administration in the EFL and National leagues. Or in other words most clubs. I suspect we are in there

It’s more than that.

Everyone other than the real big guys are in the same position.
Wigan fall under administration on 16:14 - Jul 1 with 6707 viewsJack_Kass

If all 24 teams went into administration, would they bother deducting points?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Wigan fall under administration on 17:18 - Jul 1 with 6642 viewsMrSwerve

Wigan fall under administration on 16:14 - Jul 1 by Jack_Kass

If all 24 teams went into administration, would they bother deducting points?

Wasn’t there talk of doing that a few months back?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wigan fall under administration on 19:53 - Jul 1 with 6539 viewswestwalesed

Wigan fall under administration on 15:22 - Jul 1 by Professor

And this is one of the many reasons why I am more excited about watching Haverfordwest in the Cymru Premier than the Swans next season. The professional game looks very very ugly with the "ambition" that the clubs show.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Wigan fall under administration on 20:28 - Jul 1 with 6504 viewsBillyChong

What’s the point in those Hong Kong owners? Don’t seem to be in a position to help them out. Pretty much as I’d imagine the yanks to respond if we were in Wigan’s position.
Wigan fall under administration on 20:36 - Jul 1 with 6497 viewsNeath_Jack

"Coronavirus does make things less stable"

Blimey, that understatement of the year.

Phil posted a few weeks ago, that even before the virus hit, we were going to be in massive financial trouble this summer. I have no reason to disbelieve him, especially given that he would access to far more information than us.

Grim times ahead for most clubs i would say.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wigan fall under administration on 20:46 - Jul 1 with 6484 viewssP7qupUf

Shame about Wigan as it might get Stoke out of jail. Stoke's fixtures are very tricky.
Wigan fall under administration on 21:34 - Jul 1 with 6443 viewsbuilthjack

Wigan fall under administration on 15:27 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

I can’t see a single club being prepared to pay him what he’s on here. Not one. Because he’s not worth anywhere near what’s he’s on here.

And, I’m afraid, that exactly the way it’s going at the moment. Only it’s more than half. The only way of avoiding it is breaking the player power.

He will go on loan next season just to get him off the wage bill.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wigan fall under administration on 21:55 - Jul 1 with 6427 viewslonglostjack

Player power is well and truly on the way to being broken already. A handful of elite clubs will still pay silly money but the bubble has well and truly burst. The irony is that it makes professional football an even more elite sport in the short term.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 21:55]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Wigan fall under administration on 22:49 - Jul 1 with 6389 viewsGaryjack

Wigan fall under administration on 21:34 - Jul 1 by builthjack

He will go on loan next season just to get him off the wage bill.

He may go on loan, but no way will he be off the wage bill. he'd be worth 20-25k a week depending where he went, and that's if we get lucky, leaving us to pay up to 50k a week of his wage.
Wigan fall under administration on 22:53 - Jul 1 with 6379 viewsbuilthjack

Wigan fall under administration on 22:49 - Jul 1 by Garyjack

He may go on loan, but no way will he be off the wage bill. he'd be worth 20-25k a week depending where he went, and that's if we get lucky, leaving us to pay up to 50k a week of his wage.

Hopefully the club loaning him will look at it as no transfer fee, so they can up his wages for the season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wigan fall under administration on 22:57 - Jul 1 with 6375 viewsGaryjack

Wigan fall under administration on 22:53 - Jul 1 by builthjack

Hopefully the club loaning him will look at it as no transfer fee, so they can up his wages for the season.

Don't bank on it. Ayew's contract is sucking us dry, and will continue to do so until the end of his contract. Not his fault, we know who is to blame.
Wigan fall under administration on 04:36 - Jul 2 with 6287 viewsTimTtam

Fair point. I overlooked the fact that if he leaves, his new team pays the same wages he's on.

If he stays, it makes things a lot more difficult financially.

My name is Matt

Wigan fall under administration on 09:29 - Jul 7 with 5958 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wigan fall under administration on 15:14 - Jul 1 by Highjack

Nobody in their right mind would sign him on the sort of wage he’s on now though. Only Huw Jenkins would and unfortunately he’s not haphazardly destroying a football club with his megalomaniac ways at the moment.

Do you think Charlton will sign him then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wigan fall under administration on 10:10 - Jul 7 with 5926 viewsdameedna

A deal can be done on Ayew, he has at least had a good season. Even if we have to pay half his wages, the savings will cover a few squad players wages. If he stays, which is possible, as he has been carrying a knock and is getting on now, we will have to rely on top-prospect-loans which is why Cooper is here as we will be financially stretched. Personally, I hope he stays as he is the principal reason we have not been relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024