Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 17:19 - Jul 1 with 8133 viewsmagicdaps10

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-reveal-retained-list

Seems that highly rated kid is joining us.

Nice to see Aaron Hillier on there, know is grandad well and his dad has plenty of FL experience to call on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Retained list on 16:24 - Jul 2 with 1836 viewsBillyChong

Retained list on 11:58 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

The one against Man Utd with probably £250m worth of player in the midfield against them?

Same Brighton that are pretty much safe, with a new brand of football made in one pre season.

Yeah, saw the game.

I think some swans fans expected Potter to win the Premier League this season.
Retained list on 18:50 - Jul 2 with 1741 viewsgrabsplatter

That list is really worrying.
Kids who've never featured in the first team, players like McKay & John who have no future here & Govea who's always injured 🙄
Retained list on 18:51 - Jul 2 with 1738 viewshobo

Retained list on 11:58 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

The one against Man Utd with probably £250m worth of player in the midfield against them?

Same Brighton that are pretty much safe, with a new brand of football made in one pre season.

Yeah, saw the game.

The guy is a magician
Retained list on 01:22 - Jul 3 with 1621 viewsdameedna

I did watch McKay and Peterson play for the reserves and they were both outstanding. Asoro has some potential and pedigree. Not worried about keeping them on. We will lose aroound six experienced players and if we cant recruit early, those three will have a full pre season with the squad and get used to each other.
Retained list on 03:31 - Jul 3 with 1602 viewsTimTtam

Retained list on 10:11 - Jul 2 by Swansea93

Sure I seen that they were asking for us to lower the price, we only payed 500K so I can't imagine our asking price even being high.

But he needs a run of games, think he's been treated poorly here.

Everytime I saw him play he looked positive and wanted to run at goal, I know he made a few dreadful errors but with game time you would think he will learn and come better, especially with Dyer, Ayew, Routledge all leaving in the summer, we will probably need him and Asoro as wingers.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:12]

Totally agree. I was very disappointed when we let him go with an option to buy, and thought that was the last we would see of him. But as you say, he never got a run of games. It's hard to show your potential if you don't get a chance to.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Retained list on 10:52 - Jul 3 with 1532 viewsLeonWasGod

Retained list on 03:31 - Jul 3 by TimTtam

Totally agree. I was very disappointed when we let him go with an option to buy, and thought that was the last we would see of him. But as you say, he never got a run of games. It's hard to show your potential if you don't get a chance to.

Is he going to get a fair run next year though, that's the question? Cooper doesn't seem one to give people second chances if their face doesn't fit (e.g. Celina).

I thought he looked positive and would like to see more.
Retained list on 12:25 - Jul 3 with 1497 viewsDr_Winston

Throughout the season Cooper has shown little inclination or ability in using pure wingers. Peterson has done just about as well as someone continually in and out of the side under those circumstances could reasonably be expected to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Retained list on 17:28 - Jul 3 with 1373 viewsKilkennyjack

Retained list on 12:25 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Throughout the season Cooper has shown little inclination or ability in using pure wingers. Peterson has done just about as well as someone continually in and out of the side under those circumstances could reasonably be expected to.

I tend to agree.

May be a player i feel ....

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 17:38 - Jul 3 with 1368 viewsHighjack

Retained list on 12:25 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

There was one game, think it was Brentford he was our best player by a country mile but made two mistakes that led to goals and we never saw him again. He looked so pissed off with himself when he came off and pretty much did a lap of apology to the crowd. Yet other players who make mistakes pretty much constantly every week and don’t seem to give a shit are the first names on the team sheet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Retained list on 09:16 - Jul 4 with 1242 viewsDr_Winston

Retained list on 17:38 - Jul 3 by Highjack

There was one game, think it was Brentford he was our best player by a country mile but made two mistakes that led to goals and we never saw him again. He looked so pissed off with himself when he came off and pretty much did a lap of apology to the crowd. Yet other players who make mistakes pretty much constantly every week and don’t seem to give a shit are the first names on the team sheet.

If memory serves we had plenty of opportunity after one of the mistakes to rectify the situation too, so laying all the blame at his feet for it at the time was harsh.

If you're going to get the best out of players like Peterson, Kalulu, even Garrick, you need to move the ball quickly whilst they've still got space to operate in. Only getting it to them when the opposition defence and deep midfield are back and organised is no good, at least for most wingers at this level.

We can't/won't do that, hence Cooper's preference for using midfielders out there and relying on them to cut in all the time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Retained list on 09:31 - Jul 4 with 1237 viewsWarwickHunt

Retained list on 09:16 - Jul 4 by Dr_Winston

If memory serves we had plenty of opportunity after one of the mistakes to rectify the situation too, so laying all the blame at his feet for it at the time was harsh.

If you're going to get the best out of players like Peterson, Kalulu, even Garrick, you need to move the ball quickly whilst they've still got space to operate in. Only getting it to them when the opposition defence and deep midfield are back and organised is no good, at least for most wingers at this level.

We can't/won't do that, hence Cooper's preference for using midfielders out there and relying on them to cut in all the time.

A-fûcking-men.

Cooper obviously didn’t get as far as W in his A-Z coaching manual.
Retained list on 12:11 - Jul 4 with 1168 viewsBadlands

Retained list on 17:38 - Jul 3 by Highjack

He was in tears.
Cooper is showhorning players into a formation that they can't play and the team is baffled.
From what I've seen he has no man management skills whatsoever.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Retained list on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 1135 viewsDJack

Retained list on 09:31 - Jul 4 by WarwickHunt

A-fûcking-men.

Cooper obviously didn’t get as far as W in his A-Z coaching manual.

Oh he got to W alright... but only as far as Wh in the list and the last entry he read was whine about your players "not actioning your plan" when your plan failed and you did fck all about it!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024