Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July 20:22 - Jul 4 with 5222 viewsPhil_S

The site move plan is currently scheduled to take place of 11th and 12th July.

If you haven't registered on the new site then you can do so by visiting the forums there - http://www.youjackbstard.co.uk/wpforo/

The site's SSL certificate is ready and will be deployed as soon as the domain name transfer has been completed.

Thank you to all who have registered so far and also provided feedback on the forums where numerous changes have been made to improve the experience and also other features on the forum.

For those that want it Jackharris' matchday thread is up and running http://www.youjackbstard.co.uk/wpforo/matchday-thread/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:38 - Jul 4 with 5196 viewsFlashberryjack

I can't view a couple of the threads, telling me it's insecure.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:44 - Jul 4 with 5185 viewsmajorraglan

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:38 - Jul 4 by Flashberryjack

I am getting the same and it’s been like that for a few days. What needs to be done to sort this out?
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:46 - Jul 4 with 5177 viewsFlashberryjack

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:44 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

I am getting the same and it’s been like that for a few days. What needs to be done to sort this out?

Sorry mate, not my area of expertise.

Hello

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 21:10 - Jul 4 with 5140 viewsDr_Winston

It's to do with the domain name apparently.

Once this site goes dead the SSL will move to the new one and you should never see that message again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 21:12 - Jul 4 with 5131 viewsPhil_S

That is exactly right. The SSL certificate will belong to the domain name www.planetswans.co.uk so until the domain name goes the site will be without the padlock on the address bar

Every browser will allow you to continue to the page even after an insecure warning, generally under "advanced" settings in the window.
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 21:32 - Jul 4 with 5094 viewsFlashberryjack

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 21:12 - Jul 4 by Phil_S

That is exactly right. The SSL certificate will belong to the domain name www.planetswans.co.uk so until the domain name goes the site will be without the padlock on the address bar

Every browser will allow you to continue to the page even after an insecure warning, generally under "advanced" settings in the window.

I can open and read a few threads, the warning only happens on one or two threads.
I would have thought the warning message would appear on all threads not just some.
This is what I get.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.youjackbstard.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Hello

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 22:10 - Jul 4 with 5050 viewsbuilthjack

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 21:32 - Jul 4 by Flashberryjack

I can open and read a few threads, the warning only happens on one or two threads.
I would have thought the warning message would appear on all threads not just some.
This is what I get.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.youjackbstard.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

It's the Yanks

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 22:28 - Jul 4 with 5035 viewsFlashberryjack

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 22:10 - Jul 4 by builthjack

It's the Yanks

Nah ! it must be Boris.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 23:29 - Jul 4 with 4963 viewsTNT

So why is the site moving, and what will improve?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 23:40]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 23:58 - Jul 4 with 4931 viewsEbo

It is still on HTTP, your browser will flag this as insecure until the site switches to HTTPS where you will see a padlock next to the url in the browser search field.

Google now requires all sites to switch to this protocol not just eCommerce sites but all. It also helps with your site ranking too as HTTP will be punished by Google.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 0:00]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 08:56 - Jul 5 with 4772 viewsPhil_S

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 23:29 - Jul 4 by TNT

So why is the site moving, and what will improve?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 23:40]

Several reasons

1. It places the site back in my hands rather than that of a network. As good as Fansnetwork have been to host the site, it means I can prioritise work
2. The forum has more functionality. More options and (as others would say) is a forum for the 21st century ;-)
3. Flexibility and freedom - articles interact with the forum and vice versa.

And just an overall fresh look
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 08:58 - Jul 5 with 4767 viewsWarwickHunt

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 20:38 - Jul 4 by Flashberryjack

Probably just needs a cwtch.
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 09:31 - Jul 5 with 4732 viewsPhil_S

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 23:58 - Jul 4 by Ebo

It is still on HTTP, your browser will flag this as insecure until the site switches to HTTPS where you will see a padlock next to the url in the browser search field.

Google now requires all sites to switch to this protocol not just eCommerce sites but all. It also helps with your site ranking too as HTTP will be punished by Google.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 0:00]

This
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 14:36 - Jul 5 with 4296 viewsSgorioFruit

will the new site change its name to planet swans when this one closes down?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 15:17 - Jul 5 with 4241 viewsSwanjaxs

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 14:36 - Jul 5 by SgorioFruit

will the new site change its name to planet swans when this one closes down?

The new site is already called Planet Swans mate 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 22:07 - Jul 5 with 3844 viewsJackinexile1

dont type in your bank details while logged in
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 12:07 - Jul 6 with 3594 viewsArthur_from_OTB

Are the old posts being copied across? I've been spending a few hours reading old threads on here and it would be a pity if was all going into a black hole. Some of the posts on local history and local events are very interesting.
SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 14:14 - Jul 6 with 3498 viewsEbo

One thing that is going to please people with the new site is that it is responsive (optimized for mobile). So no more pinching, zooming and dragging.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 18:45 - Jul 6 with 3363 viewslonglostjack

Looks much easier to upload photos. I particularly like the fact that if you use a swear word it automatically adds the asterikses! 😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 18:53 - Jul 6 with 3356 viewsFlashberryjack

SITE MOVE PLAN - Weekend of 11th and 12th July on 22:07 - Jul 5 by Jackinexile1

dont type in your bank details while logged in

Thanks, I won't

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024