Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we persevere 23:32 - Jul 4 with 6932 viewsTNT

and stick with the manager, might we develop a team worth watching? It may take some time and patience.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

If we persevere on 23:34 - Jul 4 with 5312 viewsTNT

It's a yes from me.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

If we persevere on 07:47 - Jul 5 with 5182 viewsWhiterockin

We would be more likely to be relegated. Take away the start we had to the season, where we were very lucky to win some of the matches, it has been relegation form since.
If we persevere on 07:56 - Jul 5 with 5168 viewsHighjack

Half this squad will be gone next season. Apart from a few loans of a couple of young kids these owners have no intention of investing in the team.

We’re beyond shagged.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If we persevere on 08:23 - Jul 5 with 5145 viewsWarwickHunt

If we persevere on 07:56 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Half this squad will be gone next season. Apart from a few loans of a couple of young kids these owners have no intention of investing in the team.

We’re beyond shagged.

The sooner the imposter fûcks off the better.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:26]
If we persevere on 09:37 - Jul 5 with 5090 viewsChief

There's no choice. No money to pay him and his staff off

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

If we persevere on 10:05 - Jul 5 with 5055 viewsAndy1300

Can’t see that happening, so it’s a no from me

Number 1 team in Wales

If we persevere on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 5013 viewsjack247

Possibly if we weren’t selling our prized assets and replacing them for peanuts every season. Cooper seems a pretty limited manager, inflexible and unable to accept deserved criticism. If we stick with this manager and keep reducing the quality of his squad,I can only see it going one way.
If we persevere on 11:15 - Jul 5 with 4977 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

If we persevere on 11:58 - Jul 5 with 4904 viewsraynor94

If we persevere on 09:37 - Jul 5 by Chief

There's no choice. No money to pay him and his staff off

Sadly this is the correct answer.

He doesn't inspire confidence at all, I'd sack him immediately, hindsight I know, but we should have kept Tosh

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we persevere (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 5 with 4889 viewsswan65split

If we persevere on 11:58 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Sadly this is the correct answer.

He doesn't inspire confidence at all, I'd sack him immediately, hindsight I know, but we should have kept Tosh

If we persevere on 12:40 - Jul 5 with 4856 viewsswan65split

One year on we've gone backwards!
If we persevere on 14:51 - Jul 5 with 4702 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If we persevere on 12:40 - Jul 5 by swan65split

60 points this season with 5 games left. We may even beat last seasons total of 65. This is despite selling out top scorer and and out most creative player in the close season.
Not sure steve potter would have got 60 points with this team.
Copper's loan players, Woodman, Gallagher and Brewster have all been decent players this year. Plus we can at least defend corners this season unlike last season.

My glass is half full as opposed to half empty.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If we persevere on 15:03 - Jul 5 with 4686 viewskrunchykarrot

If we persevere on 12:40 - Jul 5 by swan65split

We know he is very good at coaching youngsters and obviously they see him as someone they can trust. If we brought in a manager on a limited budget to start again with no guarantees would be a big gamble i think we could end up in all sorts of problems.

Give Cooper another season we have a very young squad which i guess is going to lose experience, sell Ayew and VDH if we can. Rodons off to Leicester so he will need to buy in some players and a captain with experience keep Naughton and Wayne in the squad and see what we can do.
If we persevere on 15:11 - Jul 5 with 4670 viewsDarran

If we persevere on 14:51 - Jul 5 by felixstowe_jack

60 points this season with 5 games left. We may even beat last seasons total of 65. This is despite selling out top scorer and and out most creative player in the close season.
Copper's loan players, Woodman, Gallagher and Brewster have all been decent players this year. Plus we can at least defend corners this season unlike last season.

I’m not sure he would have either keepers usually make shit managers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we persevere on 15:26 - Jul 5 with 4638 viewscmajack

Can't argue with much of that really. The football under cooper is a lot less entertaining than under potter, but defensively we are the best in the division with the least amount of goals conceded from corners, something that has really upset fans over the years was our ability to deal with set pieces. Reminds me a bit of our time under sousa, the football was dreadful to watch and we couldn't score a goal the last day of the season to get us in the play offs , but defensively he made us sound. At this point in time we are on course to beat last seasons points tally and that's without Dan James and 20 goal plus Mcburnie.
If we persevere on 16:26 - Jul 5 with 4530 viewsswan65split

Never mind the points total. So thrilling the games lately! I'd rather Potter managing a squad in the Prem rather than Coops.
If we persevere on 16:27 - Jul 5 with 4528 viewsswan65split

If we persevere on 16:26 - Jul 5 by swan65split

Never mind the points total. So thrilling the games lately! I'd rather Potter managing a squad in the Prem rather than Coops.

Ps I drink when happy not depressed 😁
If we persevere on 16:58 - Jul 5 with 4494 viewsYossarian

Which is exactly what some were saying when concerns were raised about
Monk’s style....and most of us remember how that ended. We are going backwards. There’s a world of difference between us under Potter and now. Whether we get more points this season or not, Cooper isn’t the answer.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

If we persevere on 18:10 - Jul 5 with 4406 viewskrunchykarrot

If we persevere on 16:58 - Jul 5 by Yossarian

Which is exactly what some were saying when concerns were raised about
Monk’s style....and most of us remember how that ended. We are going backwards. There’s a world of difference between us under Potter and now. Whether we get more points this season or not, Cooper isn’t the answer.

So who is? What do you suggest? Realistically what budget are you proposing?

We are not going backwards, you cannot compare teams. I enjoyed watching Potters team they played some fantastic football, but they could equally frustrate the shite out of me. However i know where some fans are coming from and do not think that their concerns are unfounded but to state that " Whether we get more points this season or not, Cooper isn’t the answer" is nonsense.

I looked at this squad at the beginning of the season and hoped we could make the play off's giving the players valuable experience towards building a home grown spine/ squad to hopefully get us back up in a few years. Give Cooper another season he deserves it, let us see what he can do with a young squad with his additions.

What is the alternative?
If we persevere on 18:12 - Jul 5 with 4405 viewspencoedjack

Good post I’d stick with him as well, as I think next season is going to be all about loans.

I just wish we’d take the brakes off the way we play .... it’s boring to watch.
If we persevere on 18:23 - Jul 5 with 4386 viewsperplex

Can not build a team full of other clubs players, honestly think we have been lucky with a lot of results this season, also some very strange team selections and decisions by Cooper has cost us quite a few points, hope I am wrong but I can not see us being so fortunate next season with a with a new squad of on loans and cheap as chips signings.
If we persevere on 18:26 - Jul 5 with 4381 viewsOneill_77

If we persevere on 18:12 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

Good post I’d stick with him as well, as I think next season is going to be all about loans.

I just wish we’d take the brakes off the way we play .... it’s boring to watch.

If all the rumours are true let's hope Rhian continues to fly our flag and help secure the loans of Neco W, Curtis J and a few others from chelsea via Connor G

The brakes came off in the 2nd half today
If we persevere on 19:27 - Jul 5 with 4317 viewsBytholWyn

For a club with the meagre attendances and backing by the board that we have, the only way we can punch above our weight is by appreciating the value of our players and selling them on for a sizeable profit. I would estimate that Grimes, Roberts and Byers at the end of last season would have been worth around £15 million, give or take £5 million. Now, we'd struggle to get half that for all three- so a loss of about £7-8 million. That is almost entirely down to Cooper and his brand of football. What's he on? If he's on £1 million a year I'd be surprised. Forget about aesthetics for a second, for financial sustainability reasons only we cannot afford to keep him. Hopefully we could find someone with a better pedigree than Toshack, but I'm confident that he would at least get us playing the Swansea Way, which our history shows is a pre-requisite for us to succeed.

Strange how quickly people forget the lessons of recent history, let alone the entire basis of our success in getting to the Premier League and thriving there. If Cooper is the answer the question must be a pretty stupid one.
If we persevere on 19:36 - Jul 5 with 4308 viewssainthelens

Problem with having too many loan signings is that if/when we really struggle next season it will be damaging to the 'togetherness ' of a squad. It's been well proven elsewhere in the past.
If we persevere on 00:40 - Jul 6 with 4170 viewsbuilthjack

If we persevere on 19:27 - Jul 5 by BytholWyn

For a club with the meagre attendances and backing by the board that we have, the only way we can punch above our weight is by appreciating the value of our players and selling them on for a sizeable profit. I would estimate that Grimes, Roberts and Byers at the end of last season would have been worth around £15 million, give or take £5 million. Now, we'd struggle to get half that for all three- so a loss of about £7-8 million. That is almost entirely down to Cooper and his brand of football. What's he on? If he's on £1 million a year I'd be surprised. Forget about aesthetics for a second, for financial sustainability reasons only we cannot afford to keep him. Hopefully we could find someone with a better pedigree than Toshack, but I'm confident that he would at least get us playing the Swansea Way, which our history shows is a pre-requisite for us to succeed.

Strange how quickly people forget the lessons of recent history, let alone the entire basis of our success in getting to the Premier League and thriving there. If Cooper is the answer the question must be a pretty stupid one.

250k.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024