Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions please re TUI 09:37 - Jul 8 with 1260 viewslegoman

Just after peoples views an particularly if they are from those of you with legal experience

Mrs L and I booked a package holiday back in January with TUI to Zante. Depature was 30/8 for 14 nights. Last week TUI cancelled our holiday and offered their refund voucher, which also allows a cash refund option. We decided to look for alternative holidays, and were surprised to see the same holiday we had just lost albeit departing 2 days earlier and £30 more expensive.

We had been sent an email at the end of June along with many other TUI customers that outlined their Holiday Promise which includes the following statement

"QUARANTINE-FREE HOLIDAYS
We promise we'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means we won't travel to places that will ask you to self-isolate on arrival."

On the back of this promise, and knowing that if TUI cancel this rebook we would be refunded, we opted to rebook for the new date and paid the extra £30.

At the time we were not aware that Greece had implemented a random test on arrival passengers whereby travellers have to complete an online form and then on arrival individuals may be randomly selected for a Covid test. Once tested, the traveller is allowed to proceed to their hotel but must isolate until the result of the test which should be within 24 hours. If the test is negative, carry on but otherwise the passenger has to isolate for 14 days. This may also happen if the test is negative but someone else on the same flight tests positive.

Accepting that we perhaps should have checked prior to rebooking, what do people think of this situation set against the Promise?

Whilst Greece is not quarantining arrivals wholesale, my argument is as I board my TUI flight I can be pretty sure one or more of my fellow passengers will be selected for testing. I believe therefore this does not follow the terms of TUIs promise.

I would be reluctant to travel to Greece on this basis.

Views appreciated!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024