Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) 21:16 - Jul 8 with 2210 viewsjack_lord

Is there actually any advice on whether we can now actually travel abroad (Spain) without having to quarantine on return if we went in a few weeks time.

I'm getting mixed answers.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 21:26 - Jul 8 with 2187 viewsexhmrc1

I think you can. Listening to Drakeford in a question and answer session on facebook last Friday he said that the travel rules for our Borders are matters for the UK government. He was going to get the Welsh Chief Medical officer to look into the safety of all the countries on the list. We should have an answer on Friday for definite as that is when the next review is being made.
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 21:49 - Jul 8 with 2169 viewsjack_lord

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 21:26 - Jul 8 by exhmrc1

I think you can. Listening to Drakeford in a question and answer session on facebook last Friday he said that the travel rules for our Borders are matters for the UK government. He was going to get the Welsh Chief Medical officer to look into the safety of all the countries on the list. We should have an answer on Friday for definite as that is when the next review is being made.

I listened to Drakeford at the time and agree that the Borders are a UK issue but people keep telling me that we are still regulated by a quarantine which is misleading.

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 21:53 - Jul 8 with 2165 viewspencoedjack

If you want to go in the next 2 weeks fly from Bristol & keep the English economy going, Drakeford is normally about 2 weeks behind everything from the real government
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:10 - Jul 8 with 2143 viewsjack_lord

Sturgeon is saying if you travel from Spain you have to isolate in scotland for two weeks but most of the other countries with the air bridges are ok.
Do we have to wait for Drakeford to make our lives even more miserable?

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:21 - Jul 8 with 2127 viewsexhmrc1

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:10 - Jul 8 by jack_lord

Sturgeon is saying if you travel from Spain you have to isolate in scotland for two weeks but most of the other countries with the air bridges are ok.

I dont know about that but the 3 parts of the UK that stuck by the stay local rule have lower figures for deaths and currently have fewer new cases so I would prefer that than the inconsistent approach in England. Last Friday in the morning Johnson wasn't going to allow cricket to restart because of tees. A couple of hours later his government gave the go ahead.
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:31 - Jul 8 with 2118 viewsjack_lord

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:21 - Jul 8 by exhmrc1

I dont know about that but the 3 parts of the UK that stuck by the stay local rule have lower figures for deaths and currently have fewer new cases so I would prefer that than the inconsistent approach in England. Last Friday in the morning Johnson wasn't going to allow cricket to restart because of tees. A couple of hours later his government gave the go ahead.

I think the stay local position may be correct but the distancing is far more important. The hotspots in Wales were more to do with conditions than movement.

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 23:10 - Jul 8 with 2100 viewsProfessor

If you want to fly from Bristol, B’Ham or Manchester. Wear a mask in airport and on plane. Spain safer than U.K. Be prepared to self isolate if needed
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 00:27 - Jul 9 with 2080 viewscontroversial_jack

Sorry for the inconvenience
Login to get fewer ads

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 12:54 - Jul 9 with 1908 viewsLeonWasGod

No you don't have to wait for the WG, there's information online:

Can I go on holiday abroad?
Yes, but you should be aware that in returning to the UK you may be required to self-isolate for 14 days, if you have visited certain countries where this quarantine requirement is in force. Please read this guidance about who must self-isolate and how to self-isolate when you travel to Wales.

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-44647
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 14:59 - Jul 9 with 1884 viewsjack_lord

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 12:54 - Jul 9 by LeonWasGod

No you don't have to wait for the WG, there's information online:

Can I go on holiday abroad?
Yes, but you should be aware that in returning to the UK you may be required to self-isolate for 14 days, if you have visited certain countries where this quarantine requirement is in force. Please read this guidance about who must self-isolate and how to self-isolate when you travel to Wales.

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-44647

Thanks that was something on radio Wales Leah confirming that the Welsh government work allowing travel from 59 countries without quarantine

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 15:45 - Jul 9 with 1857 viewsLeonWasGod

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 14:59 - Jul 9 by jack_lord

Thanks that was something on radio Wales Leah confirming that the Welsh government work allowing travel from 59 countries without quarantine

Likely changing on Friday as well. People are expecting things to be eased further but won't know until confirmed. (I suspect they will - just seem to be following England but 2 weeks behind).
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 18:02 - Jul 9 with 1819 viewsmajorraglan

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 23:10 - Jul 8 by Professor

If you want to fly from Bristol, B’Ham or Manchester. Wear a mask in airport and on plane. Spain safer than U.K. Be prepared to self isolate if needed

Prof, I agree with you for what it’s worth. Pretty sure we have had it in our house and I suspect it was either picked up on public transport in Malta, or at the airport/flight home. Can’t put my finger on it, but I wouldn’t fancy jumping on a plane at the moment.
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:01 - Jul 9 with 1773 viewslonglostjack

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 23:10 - Jul 8 by Professor

Pego’s place is a brilliant lodging to self isolate on arrival in Spain. Tories particularly welcome but would need to produce proof of membership.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:17 - Jul 9 with 1761 viewspencoedjack

So I can now travel to Spain eat & drink in their restaurants/bars but am more restricted whilst being in Wales (only outdoor opening 2 metres apart)

No wonder Wales largest brewery is not bothering opening its pubs.

Well done Drakeford.
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:20 - Jul 9 with 1754 viewsAndy1300

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:17 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

So I can now travel to Spain eat & drink in their restaurants/bars but am more restricted whilst being in Wales (only outdoor opening 2 metres apart)

Well done Drakeford.

Well done indeed.

Time to get back to normal before nobody has a job to go to

Number 1 team in Wales

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:23 - Jul 9 with 1744 viewsraynor94

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:17 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

Well done Drakeford.

Same with Wetherspoons.

Wales is closed for business

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:28 - Jul 9 with 1739 viewspencoedjack

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:23 - Jul 9 by raynor94

Same with Wetherspoons.

Wales is closed for business

In fact I can just go to to Ross on Wye.

If it wasn’t so serious for people’s livelihoods it’s laughable

Any up date on the idiots job?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 22:29]
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 23:18 - Jul 9 with 1716 viewsrockinjac

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 22:28 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

In fact I can just go to to Ross on Wye.

If it wasn’t so serious for people’s livelihoods it’s laughable

Any up date on the idiots job?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 22:29]

Genuinely this carries on there will be several big businesses pulling out of Wales.

It's not funny anymore.
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 23:59 - Jul 9 with 1697 viewsJackinexile1

Who have you asked?
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 00:00 - Jul 10 with 1696 viewsJackinexile1

Ask the people you booked a holiday with ffs, are you serious?
Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 12:29 - Jul 10 with 1643 viewsjack_lord

Travel to Spain advice (welsh Government) on 00:00 - Jul 10 by Jackinexile1

Ask the people you booked a holiday with ffs, are you serious?

Who are you replying to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024