Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! 22:29 - Jul 8 with 4235 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.facebook.com/416022442090519/posts/1149090402117049/?d=n

I wonder what pikey and rockin will have to say about this ?

In some places £3.50 an hour !
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:38]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:44 - Jul 8 with 3386 viewsrockinjac

It should be means tested.

No way should it be a free for all.

Next question
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:29 - Jul 9 with 3325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:44 - Jul 8 by rockinjac

It should be means tested.

No way should it be a free for all.

Next question

It should be free for everyone, staff and patients alike. It’s a hospital, not a f*cking shopping centre.

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 06:32 - Jul 9 with 3308 viewsKilkennyjack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:29 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

It should be free for everyone, staff and patients alike. It’s a hospital, not a f*cking shopping centre.

100 per cent should be free.

Beware of the Risen People

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 08:17 - Jul 9 with 3252 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:29 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Exactly it’s a hospital.

I want the money to go on treating patients not in my back pocket
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 09:21 - Jul 9 with 3199 viewsFireboy2

I'd say in most cases car parking fees go to the private companies who run them and not the NHS.

Imo there should be a small charge for workers.

I get that it costs to build and run them but this is a perfect case of nationalisation working, yes an initial outlay would be costly but in the long term it would pay for itself and give funds to the NHS and not private companies.

Another example of bad management at the top level of the NHS
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 12:34 - Jul 9 with 3114 viewsLeonWasGod

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 09:21 - Jul 9 by Fireboy2

I'd say in most cases car parking fees go to the private companies who run them and not the NHS.

I get that it costs to build and run them but this is a perfect case of nationalisation working, yes an initial outlay would be costly but in the long term it would pay for itself and give funds to the NHS and not private companies.

A bit of a mix by the looks of it. A quick google shows that some Trusts earn over a £1 million a year in fees and fines, charging upwards of £4/hr. Yet they also pay 'hundreds of thousands' to the private parking companies.

Even Jeremy Hunt was against them, that's how bad they are.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 14:02 - Jul 9 with 3078 viewsrockinjac

I don't see why you can't put a few quid in every now and again if you can afford it.

Just like if you miss an appointment you should be fined.

There's so many other ways of raising money but as ever ideologues only care about looking nicer than other people.

Funny World in which I am willing to put more of my money into NHS and I'm considered the bad guy.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 14:07]
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:54 - Jul 9 with 3036 viewsFireboy2

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 14:02 - Jul 9 by rockinjac

I don't see why you can't put a few quid in every now and again if you can afford it.

There's so many other ways of raising money but as ever ideologues only care about looking nicer than other people.

Funny World in which I am willing to put more of my money into NHS and I'm considered the bad guy.

Would you be happy paying a sizeable percentage of your wage to park at your place of work.
Login to get fewer ads

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 9 with 3019 viewsHumpty

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 14:02 - Jul 9 by rockinjac

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 18:17]
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 16:23 - Jul 9 with 3019 viewsHumpty

That's a pathetic answer.

I've read about hospitals were everyone is charged, staff, visitors, patients, etc. exept for the hospital directors. They had their own private little free car park. The one group of people who could afford those charges more than every other group were exempt.

I'm against that because IMO it's grossly unfair. To be told I'm only saying it because I want to look nicer than other people is, frankly, laughable.

If you support this type of thing fine, give us your reasons. Don't mock the motives of those who disagree with you.

Basically, grow up.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 17:20 - Jul 9 with 2974 viewsjack247

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:54 - Jul 9 by Fireboy2

Would you be happy paying a sizeable percentage of your wage to park at your place of work.

Most people do. I have to pay to park, as do most people who work in town/city centres. I doubt it’s £3.50 an hour for people who pay weekly or monthly either.

Having said that, I do think hospital parking should be free for staff. I’m 50/50 on visitors.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 17:35 - Jul 9 with 2961 viewsMrSwerve

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 17:20 - Jul 9 by jack247

Most people do. I have to pay to park, as do most people who work in town/city centres. I doubt it’s £3.50 an hour for people who pay weekly or monthly either.

Having said that, I do think hospital parking should be free for staff. I’m 50/50 on visitors.

I was just going to post much the same. Probably millions of people pay to park for work in the UK. I do, at a University.

Appreciate that it’s a sensitive issue when talking about NHS staff, especially in the current climate. I do think there should be free parking for their staff...but I think that should be the case for a lot of people that currently pay to park at work.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 18:47 - Jul 9 with 2916 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:54 - Jul 9 by Fireboy2

I have done many times in the past.

And at no point did I say that we should all pay.

As per usual people are twisting what I've said.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 19:43 - Jul 9 with 2897 viewsNortbankboy

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 09:21 - Jul 9 by Fireboy2

And this liar Hancock got a cheek to wear a NHS badge
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:01 - Jul 9 with 2845 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 19:43 - Jul 9 by Nortbankboy

And this liar Hancock got a cheek to wear a NHS badge

It's okay mate, we're safe we have Vaughan Gethin don't worry yourself
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:55 - Jul 9 with 2822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 18:47 - Jul 9 by rockinjac

I have done many times in the past.

And at no point did I say that we should all pay.

As per usual people are twisting what I've said.

Don’t tell me, you’ve got friends who are black too.

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:57 - Jul 9 with 2818 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:55 - Jul 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Don’t tell me, you’ve got friends who are black too.

Sorry weren’t we talking about parking charges?
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 07:17 - Jul 10 with 2784 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 23:57 - Jul 9 by rockinjac

Sorry weren’t we talking about parking charges?

I was just highlighting you sharing your amazing self sacrifice paying to park in your workplace for so many years (as irrelevant as it was). The context is missing though - were you earning a fortune so you could comfortably afford it? Was there an alternative form of public transportation you could have used? Were you working shifts (a lot of NHS staff do so public transport may be more of a problem)?

In reality what you were comfortable doing may be very difficult for hospital cleaners for example with a very low take home pay. Consultants and hospital hierarchs could no doubt afford it.

Regarding Leon’s point earlier - if Hunt was against it - what part of the Lib Dem faction are you a part of? The fourth reich committee?? A totally unfair and a heavy extra tax burden on those so recently lauded by all for putting themselves in harms way every day just to save lives. You are quite devoid of compassion aren’t you!

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 08:20 - Jul 10 with 2761 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 07:17 - Jul 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I was just highlighting you sharing your amazing self sacrifice paying to park in your workplace for so many years (as irrelevant as it was). The context is missing though - were you earning a fortune so you could comfortably afford it? Was there an alternative form of public transportation you could have used? Were you working shifts (a lot of NHS staff do so public transport may be more of a problem)?

In reality what you were comfortable doing may be very difficult for hospital cleaners for example with a very low take home pay. Consultants and hospital hierarchs could no doubt afford it.

Regarding Leon’s point earlier - if Hunt was against it - what part of the Lib Dem faction are you a part of? The fourth reich committee?? A totally unfair and a heavy extra tax burden on those so recently lauded by all for putting themselves in harms way every day just to save lives. You are quite devoid of compassion aren’t you!

I’m actually beginning to wonder why I’m engaging with you.

You are clearly either being obtuse or you’re a troll. How you can jump to all of these conclusions based on me saying I think some people should pay parking is pretty odd. This isn’t debate this is looking for fight, calm down dear
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 13:08 - Jul 10 with 2689 viewsCatullus

I don't think staff should be charged at all. I've nothing against a nominal fee, sy 20p per day for patients to help with the maintenance costs. Hospital car parks shouldn't be used to generate profits though, that's abhorrent. People would stop using their cars for appointments and start demanding hopsital transport so costs would rise, people wouldn't visit sick relatives.
20p per day wouldn't cause to much concern to mst though, as long as it wasn't a private company running it.
When my wife worked in the Heath she had to pay £28 per calendar month for a parking permit yet a lot of the time she couln't even find a space and had to park in nearby residential areas and walk in to work. Then they made some of those areas permit only and so staff had to park fiurther away.

Would 20p per day be so bad? Just as important mind, is to build car parks big enough for purpose. You can spend ages driving around Morriston and Singleton looking for a space, I've even had to phone up from the car park and tell them I'm there but can't park, fortunatley (or not) they are used to that and make allowances.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:04 - Jul 10 with 2660 viewsrockinjac

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 13:08 - Jul 10 by Catullus

I don't think staff should be charged at all. I've nothing against a nominal fee, sy 20p per day for patients to help with the maintenance costs. Hospital car parks shouldn't be used to generate profits though, that's abhorrent. People would stop using their cars for appointments and start demanding hopsital transport so costs would rise, people wouldn't visit sick relatives.
20p per day wouldn't cause to much concern to mst though, as long as it wasn't a private company running it.
When my wife worked in the Heath she had to pay £28 per calendar month for a parking permit yet a lot of the time she couln't even find a space and had to park in nearby residential areas and walk in to work. Then they made some of those areas permit only and so staff had to park fiurther away.

Would 20p per day be so bad? Just as important mind, is to build car parks big enough for purpose. You can spend ages driving around Morriston and Singleton looking for a space, I've even had to phone up from the car park and tell them I'm there but can't park, fortunatley (or not) they are used to that and make allowances.

You bloody fascist
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:17 - Jul 10 with 2649 viewsCatullus

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:04 - Jul 10 by rockinjac

You bloody fascist

Communist actually

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 02:00 - Jul 11 with 2591 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 08:20 - Jul 10 by rockinjac

I’m actually beginning to wonder why I’m engaging with you.

You are clearly either being obtuse or you’re a troll. How you can jump to all of these conclusions based on me saying I think some people should pay parking is pretty odd. This isn’t debate this is looking for fight, calm down dear

It should be free, end of story. A hospital car park is where relatives go to visit their sick loved ones who are being cared for by our wonderful and underpaid NHS staff. I think neither should pay.

You just bring up some self righteous bullsh*t about paying to park at your workplace which had no relevance at all to the discussion. It’s very easy, if you don’t want to engage , don’t.

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:51 - Jul 11 with 2529 viewsjack247

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 13:08 - Jul 10 by Catullus

It’s possibly just my perception, but it always seemed like you could find a space in Morriston when they used to charge. Now, it’s chaos 9-5 weekdays. Singleton is less of an issue as I can park in the university pool car park on the odd occasion it’s full.

I’d be more than happy to pay to park, with the funds reinvested into the nhs, in either to be honest.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 10:44 - Jul 11 with 2476 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:51 - Jul 11 by jack247

It’s possibly just my perception, but it always seemed like you could find a space in Morriston when they used to charge. Now, it’s chaos 9-5 weekdays. Singleton is less of an issue as I can park in the university pool car park on the odd occasion it’s full.

I’d be more than happy to pay to park, with the funds reinvested into the nhs, in either to be honest.

As they are now being run by private companies there will be negligent benefit to the coffers of the NHS.

I suppose the question regarding the availability of spaces in Morriston - are people on low incomes priced out of it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024